main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by J.L. Titus, Dec 25, 2014.

1. J.L. Titus

J.L. Titus Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2014
    So I haven't posted here in a long time. Haven't written in a long time but I wanna get back into the habit. I noticed nobody (that i've seen) has posted a TFA fan novelization of any kind or anything like that so i figured I'd try my hand at it. Some of this is based off rumors of the new film, confirmed facts and my own speculation. I have no affiliations with Lucasfilms or Disney, I'm just a rabid fan who's excited for a movie and most of this is fantasy of what I'd like to see next year! Enjoy and feel free to offer criticism/feedback! Merry Christmas! :)

Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    Thirty years have passed since the Battle of Endor and the fall of the Galactic Empire. Though the newly established Galactic Alliance has brought peace to the core worlds the remnants of the Empire still holds the outer rim territories in the grip of fear.
    Meanwhile the ancient energy known as THE FORCE has all but disappeared from the known galaxy and Master LUKE SKYWALKER, leader of the New Jedi Order has vanished. Surrounded by enemies and a galaxy that hates and fears them many Jedi remain uncertain about the future of The Order.
    On the far fringes space,The Empire, serving mysterious new leadership has recieved intel of a highly valuable relic on the planet Tatooine. With a top secret task force under her command, Captain Alyce Phasma heads to the desert planet to retrieve the artifact...

chapter one

The Destiny emerged from hyperspace in a blur of speed. The massive Super Star Destroyer decelerated its speed and its enormous thrusters dimmed to a pale red as it approached Tatooine. On the bridge, Alyce Phasma gazed through the plexi-glass viewport at the vast planet before her, hanging in the empty void of space. One of the planets twin suns was peaking out from the far side and lit up the bridge and Alyce found herself having to squint.
    "Captain Phasma, your shuttle is fuelled and ready for takeoff."
    The sound of Lieutenant Tarkins voice had always grated on Alyce. An entitled military brat was all he was as far as she was concerned. She turned around to see him standing at perfect attention. His gray uniform was pristine as always and not one of his fiery red hairs was out of place.
    "Thank you, Lieutenant, I'll be making my way down to the bay now," she muttered.
    "Shall I have your gear prepared, ma'am?"
    "I can do it myself, thank you, Lieutenant."
    She was being overly curt with him in hopes the little pissant would eventually leave her be. Ever since they had departed from the fleet it seemed every time she turned around he was standing there, waiting for some sort of validation, that smug smile on his face.
    "Very well, I'll inform your men to anticipate an inspection before they ship out."
    "There will be no inspection, Lieutenant. We're here to do a job quickly and efficiently. I couldnt care less about how our uniforms look," she said giving him a sour glare up and down.
    "With all do respect, Ma'am but when my grandfather served-"
    "I don't give a damn about your grandfather, Tarkin. Remain here on the bridge and await further orders. And never presume to command my troops again."
    The young man was quiet. "Understood, ma'am."
    Alyce advanced across the bridge but turned around as she left.
    "And you best hope nothing goes wrong down there, Lieutenant. Or I'll be telling Kylo Ren himself that the blame was on you."
    Lieutenant Rafe Tarkins back went straight as an arrow and his face as white as a sheet. He gave a brief salute and turned away.

Alyce assembled her gear in her quarters. As she donned her armor and cleaned her rifle she glanced in the mirror at herself. She was a tall, broad woman. Her cropped blonde hair was severely combed back to keep it out of her face. Her own dark eyes stared back at her. Few women had climbed so high in the Imperial Command yet here she was. She had worked hard for it too. Not everyone could rise up on their family name like Tarkin had. Some people had to fight tooth and nail to get noticed. Exactly what kind of artifact they were looking for hadn't been relayed to Alyce herself. Kylo Ren had been vague, telling her only that the Force would lead her to it. She'd nearly scoffed. The Force had died out years ago and she'd never witnessed its power before that. Regardless, she wasn't looking to displease someone like Kylo Ren. This was her opportunity to prove herself and finally take on a larger role in the Imperial Command. And she'd be damned if she was going to let anything get in the way of that.

Finn rushed down the corridor, his rifle in one hand and his helmet under his arm. Other troopers were walking steadily ahead of him to get to the shuttle bay.
    "I'm really asking for it this time," he thought.
    As he reached the bay he saw about a dozen other Stormtroopers boarding the shuttle. Standing at the foot of the ramp was Captain Phasma. Finn had never worked directly under her but he'd heard stories. He had heard she punished a soldier once for laughing on the job. That she secretly carried a lightsaber for performing executions. But the most terrifying prospect was hardly a rumor of all. The thing that worried most soldiers was that Alyce Phasma answered directly to General Kylo Ren. Finn shuddered at the thought of those two sitting down for dinner, discussing galactic domination, genocide and other cheerful topics. Finn swallowed and approached the shuttle. A utility droid zipped between his legs and he nearly tripped over himself.
    "Please tell me she didn't see that."
    Phasma was glaring at Finn as he got closer.
    "Yeah, she saw."
    Finn avoided eye contact with the Captain but just as he was walking up the ramp he heard her voice.
    "Wait. Come back."
    "Captain?"
    "Tell me your name, Private."
    Finn felt like his tongue was two sizes too big for his dumb mouth.
    "Uh.. Finn. Leonis. Finn Leonis."
    "I don't recall ever having you in my squad."
    "I was assigned to The Destiny about a month ago, ma'am"
    He could feel his body sweating under his white armor. Damn, but it was hot in there.
    "Try and be more punctual in the future, Leonis. Don't give me an excuse to blast you out the nearest airlock."
    "Yes ma'am! No airlock!" He found himself saluting and nearly dropping his helmet.
    Phasma cocked her eye brow at him with a grimace of distaste. Without another word she turned and boarded the shuttle. Finn followed as the ramp folded up, the hydraulics hissing loudly.
    "At least things can only get better," he told himself.

NightWatcher91 and newdawn12 like this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I like your style but it's a shame she's so harsh on Tarkin. :(

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello! Great start. I like Alyce and Finn. And the context for the entire adventure. Interesting that the Force has seemingly disappeared. [face_thinking]

4. star wars geek

star wars geek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 20, 2014
    Interesting stuff. My guess is you're Lawrence Kasdan in disguise and leaking the plot! Go ahead! More! ;)

I don't rate the name " Captain Phasma" much. :D Sounds a bit funny like some 1960s Marvel comic character. Captain Phasma - superhero! Hee hee. I hope that's just a rumor and not the actual name in the movie. Well, I guess we'll get used to it!

5. J.L. Titus

Dec 25, 2014
    The inside of shuttle was cramped and stuffy. The Stormtroopers sat shoulder to shoulder, some looking more confident than others. Looking around him Finn could tell he was the odd man out on this trip. For one he was shorter and leaner than the others and on top of that it was obvious he was the only one who hadn't seen much real action. Granted he'd been in his fair share of back alley brawls and bar fights (Not that he had won any) but he'd never found himself in a full scale fire fight.
    "Just don't think about it," he kept telling himself. With any luck he wouldn't have to shoot anybody at all.
    "Listen up, you lot!" Started Phasma. She was standing near the cockpit, trying to keep her balance as the entire ship trembled and rocked.
    "The artifact we're looking for is said to be in this area. We're going to search the village and find out what the locals know."
    There was a loud groaning noise that made Finn's head spin as if someone had just fired a blaster directly next to his ear. They must have been passing through Tatooines atmosphere.
    "Remember," Continued Phasma, making sure she had everyones attention. "These locals are savages so if any of them decide to be heroic stand your ground and shoot to kill."
    Something deep in Finns gut told him these "savages" wouldn't have to do much to get themselves killed today. The troops around him began donning their helmets and loading their blaster rifles. As he began to follow suit he suddenly felt very ill.
    Gil watched his son drift to sleep. Such a peaceful boy, wrapped in a Bantha hide blanket. Gil had been halfway through a story about a Krayt dragon when the boy had started yawning. Smiling softly he bent over and kissed his son on the forehead. He was considering turning in soon himself. Him and some of the other men were going hunting at dawn and he'd need some rest. Outside Gil could hear the hum of a ship engine. It was followed by the whine of a landing gear lowering. Imperials. Gil grabbed his spear and ducked out of the tent. The last light of day was dying as the sun sunk behind the sand dunes, casting a bright orange-pink glow on the sky. Other villagers were coming out of their tents looking at the landed ship on the hill nearby. Just as Gil had suspected the spacecraft was definitely Imperial. The ramp dropped and a squad of heavily armed Stormtroopers filed out. At their head was a taller one. His armor wasn't white like the others though but shimmering chrome. He wore a long black cloak with a hood drawn over his helmet. Unlike the others this leader didn't carry a rifle but a deadly looking pistol holstered slung low on his right hip. On the left hip Gil noticed another weapon he had never seen before.
    "Can I help you?" Gil called stepping forward. He had just made himself a target.
    "We understand there's an artifact of high value in this area."
    Gil was surprised to hear the leaders voice was a womans.
    "I know nothing of any artifacts around here. If i did I suppose I'd be rich."
    "Perhaps we could have a look around before moving on," said the leader.
    Gil tensed as Stormtroopers moved past him toward the village and began searching through tents. What was he going to do? Fight them? He was no warrior. But he couldn't just let them do this. He'd heard how these raid usually ended.
    "Wait, can we not discuss this first?" He started.
    "Stand down sir."
    "Listen, we'll help you any way we can, just please don't hurt anybody, yes?"
    Gil was vaguely aware he was grabbing the Captain by the cloak. She placed her hand on his shoulder and violently shoved him back. He stumbled and tripped in the sand. Behind him he heard Lilith scream as she was dragged by the hair out of her tent.
    "NO!" Gil got to his feet, gripping his spear tight and swinging it hard over his shoulder.
    "DON'T HURT MY SON!" he bellowed as the spear made contact with a Stormtroopers helmet, splitting it open.
    Finn gawped as a blaster pistol appeared in Phasmas hand and she shot the villager in the back. He sprawled on his face in the sand and screams arose from the village.
    "Search every hut and every tent until it's found!" She commanded. Not knowing what else to do Finn accompanied a few others into the village. The sound of blaster fire started soon after and before he knew it what should have been a simple parley had become a slaughter. Around him Finn saw his comrades seperating mothers from their children and wives from husbands. On Phasmas orders a few Pyro Troopers had begun torchingthe huts with their flame throwers.
    "This is madness," thought Finn as he barged his way into a nearby tent. Inside the tent was a small fire pit that looked like it had recently been extinguished. In the corner was a woman clutching a small child in her arms. They both looked at Finn, terror in their eyes. They were defenseless. Looking over his shoulder Finn saw the others were preoccupied. Quickly he removed his helmet so they could see his face.
    "Go," he said.
    The woman stared at him. She wasn't crying and she wasn't as scared as he had initially thought.
    "Impressive. I'd be wetting myself about now."
    "It's not a trick, go! Run!"
    The woman carried the child to the tent flap and peered outside.
    "RUN!" Hissed Finn.
    Without delay the woman gave him one last look and dashed off into the night with her child away from the burning village. The flames had risen high into the night, casting an eerie glow.
    "Find anythihg?" Asked Phasma as Finn returned.
    "Nothing," he muttered.
    Suddenly a figure sprang forth from one of the huts, a blaster in hand. There was a loud pop as one of the troops was shot and collapsed.
    "Stun him! I want him alive!" Cried Phasma.
    The man was hit with a stun beam and fell down twitching. Two Stormtroopers lifted him up and carried him over to Captain Phasma. Judging by how fast he had ran off Finn would have guessed the man to be his age but was surprised to see he must have been well into his seventies. The old man was propped up on his knees and his head was yanked back.
    Captain Phasma pushed her hood back and removed her helmet so she could meet the old mans glaring eyes.
    "You just made a very big mistake," she said.
    "Aye, you got that right. I was aiming for you," said the old man and spat on Phasma's boots.
    Finn had to admire the old guys courage, even if it that courage was about to get him killed.
    Phasma smirked. It was not a pretty sight. She turned to Finn.
    "Private,would you do the honors?"
    Was he hearing things? Had he just been asked to execute this man?
    "Uhh.."
    "Well get on with it, we haven't got all night!"
    Finn heard his fellow troops around him goading him and grumbling.
    "Do it ye coward!" barked the old man.
    Finn lifted his rifle slowly, lining his sights up with the old mans weathered face. His hands were shaking and his dark skin felt clammy. In a few seconds the old guy who Finn wished he could be more like would be dead.
    "I can't.."
    All he had to do was pull the trigger.
    "I can't do this.."
    Phasma stepped close to him and he lowered his rifle, the barrel aiming at the ground.
    "What did you say, Private?"
    "I won't do this."
    "You are disobeying a direct order," spoke Phasma coldly.
    "I don't care!" Finn heard himself shout. "I won't kill him!"
    The old man looked speechless. Phasma stared into Finns face with a look of pure hatred that was previously reserved for Rafe Tarkin.
    "Bind his hands and throw him in The Destiny's brig."
    Two troopers seized Finn. He felt a fist sink into his gut and he doubled over on the ground in pain.
    "No matter," said Phasma. "I'd prefer to do this myself."
    Reaching for her belt she pulled out her lightsaber. The crimson blade sprang to life in the dark.
    "NO!" Cried Finn. But it was too late. Phasma raised it high over her head and brought it down on the old mans neck.

NightWatcher91 likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Phasma seems a bit - over the top ruthless. [face_thinking] An all out slaughter isn't going to find what they're looking for any quicker nor is it going to win any cooperation. [face_thinking] Hope Finn stays defiant. @};-

7. J.L. Titus

Dec 25, 2014
    Will likely be posting a revised complete version of chapter one later this evening to anyone who may be interested!

8. J.L. Titus

Dec 25, 2014
    No new material here, just a cleaned up unabridged revision of chapter one. Chapter two coming soon. Enjoy!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Thirty years have passed since the Battle of Endor and the fall of the Galactic Empire. Though the newly established Galactic Alliance has brought peace to the core worlds the remnants of the Empire still holds the outer rim territories in the grip of fear.

Meanwhile the ancient energy known as THE FORCE has all but disappeared from the known galaxy and Master LUKE SKYWALKER, leader of the New Jedi Order has vanished. Surrounded by enemies and a galaxy that hates and fears them many Jedi remain uncertain about the future of The Order.

On the far fringes space,The Empire, serving mysterious new leadership has recieved intel of a highly valuable relic on the planet Tatooine. With a top secret task force under her command, Captain Alyce Phasma heads to the desert planet to retrieve the artifact...

Chapter One

The Destiny emerged from hyperspace in a blur of speed. The massive Super Star Destroyer decelerated its speed and its enormous thrusters dimmed to a pale red as it approached Tatooine. On the bridge, Alyce Phasma gazed through the plexi-glass viewport at the vast planet before her, hanging in the empty void of space. One of the planets twin suns was peaking out from the far side and lit up the bridge and Alyce found herself having to squint.
    "Captain Phasma, your shuttle is fuelled and ready for takeoff."
    The sound of Lieutenant Tarkins voice had always grated on Alyce. An entitled military brat was all he was as far as she was concerned. She turned around to see him standing at perfect attention. His gray uniform was pristine as always and not one of his fiery red hairs was out of place.
    "Thank you, Lieutenant, I'll be making my way down to the bay now," she muttered.
    "Shall I have your gear prepared, ma'am?"
    "I can do it myself, thank you, Lieutenant."
    She was being overly curt with him in hopes the little pissant would eventually leave her be. Ever since they had departed from the fleet it seemed every time she turned around he was standing there, waiting for some sort of validation, that smug smile on his face.
    "Very well, I'll inform your men to anticipate an inspection before they ship out."
    "There will be no inspection, Lieutenant. We're here to do a job quickly and efficiently. I couldnt care less about how our uniforms look," she said giving him a sour glare up and down.
    "With all do respect, Ma'am but when my grandfather served-"
    "I don't give a damn about your grandfather, Tarkin. Remain here on the bridge and await further orders. And never presume to command my troops again."
    The young man was quiet. "Understood, ma'am."
    Alyce advanced across the bridge but turned around as she left.
    "And you best hope nothing goes wrong down there, Lieutenant. Or I'll be telling Kylo Ren himself that the blame was on you."
    Lieutenant Rafe Tarkins back went straight as an arrow and his face as white as a sheet. He gave a brief salute and turned away.

Alyce was strapping her chrome armor on in her quarters when she caught her reflection in the tall mirror on thewall. She was a tall, broad woman. Her cropped blonde hair was severely combed back to keep it out of her face. Her own dark eyes stared back at her. Few women had climbed so high in the Imperial Command yet here she was. She had worked hard for it too. Not everyone could rise up on their family name like Tarkin had. Some people had to fight tooth and nail to get noticed. Exactly what kind of artifact they were looking for hadn't been relayed to Alyce herself. Kylo Ren had been vague, telling her only that the Force would lead her to it. She'd nearly scoffed. The Force had died out years ago and she'd never witnessed its power before that. Regardless, she wasn't looking to displease someone like Kylo Ren. This was her opportunity to prove herself and finally take on a larger role in the Imperial Command. And she'd be damned if she was going to let anything get in the way of that.
    Finn rushed down the corridor, his rifle in one hand and his helmet under his arm. Other troopers were walking steadily ahead of him to get to the shuttle bay.
    "I'm really asking for it this time," he thought, running late as he was wont to do.
    As he reached the bay he saw about a dozen other Stormtroopers boarding the shuttle. Standing at the foot of the ramp was Captain Phasma. Finn had never worked directly under her but he'd heard stories. He had heard she punished a soldier once for laughing on the job. That she secretly carried a lightsaber for performing executions. But the most terrifying prospect was hardly a rumor of all. The thing that worried most soldiers was that Alyce Phasma answered directly to General Kylo Ren. Finn shuddered at the thought of those two sitting down for dinner, discussing galactic domination, genocide and other cheerful topics. Finn swallowed and approached the shuttle. A utility droid zipped between his legs and he nearly tripped over himself.
    "Please tell me she didn't see that."
    Phasma was glaring at Finn as he got closer.
    "Yeah, she saw."
    Finn avoided eye contact with the Captain but just as he was walking up the ramp he heard her voice.
    "Wait. Come back."
    "Captain?"
    "Tell me your name, Private."
    Finn felt like his tongue was two sizes too big for his dumb mouth.
    "Uh.. Finn. Leonis. Finn Leonis."
    "I don't recall ever having you in my squad."
    "I was assigned to The Destiny about a month ago, ma'am"
    He could feel his body sweating under his white armor. Damn, but it was hot in there.
    "Try and be more punctual in the future, Leonis. Don't give me an excuse to blast you out the nearest airlock."
    "Yes ma'am! No airlock!" He found himself saluting and nearly dropping his helmet.
    Phasma cocked her eye brow at him with a grimace of distaste. Without another word she turned and boarded the shuttle. Finn followed as the ramp folded up, the hydraulics hissing loudly.
    "At least things can only get better," he told himself.

The inside of shuttle was cramped and stuffy. Finn's dark skin felt sweaty and his entire body itched under his armor. The Stormtroopers sat shoulder to shoulder, some looking more confident than others. Looking around him Finn could tell he was the odd man out on this trip. For one he was shorter and leaner than the others and on top of that it was obvious he was the only one who hadn't seen much real action. Granted he'd been in his fair share of back alley brawls and bar fights (Not that he had won any) but he'd never found himself in a full scale fire fight.
    "Just don't think about it," he kept telling himself. With any luck he wouldn't have to shoot anybody at all.
    "Listen up, you lot!" Started Phasma. She was standing near the cockpit, trying to keep her balance as the entire ship trembled and rocked.
    "The artifact we're looking for is said to be in this area. We're going to search the village and find out what the locals know."
    There was a loud groaning noise that made Finn's head spin as if someone had just fired a blaster directly next to his ear. They must have been passing through Tatooines atmosphere.
    "Remember," Continued Phasma, making sure she had everyones attention. "These locals are savages so if any of them decide to be heroic stand your ground and shoot to kill."
    Something deep in Finns gut told him these "savages" wouldn't have to do much to get themselves killed today. The troops around him began donning their helmets and loading their blaster rifles. As he began to follow suit he suddenly felt very ill.

Gil watched his son drift to sleep. Such a peaceful boy, wrapped in a Bantha hide blanket. Gil had been halfway through a story about a Krayt dragon when the boy had started yawning. Smiling softly he bent over and kissed his son on the forehead. He was considering turning in soon himself. Him and some of the other men were going hunting at dawn and he'd need some rest. Outside Gil could hear the hum of a ship engine. It was followed by the whine of a landing gear lowering. Imperials. Gil grabbed his spear and ducked out of the tent. The last light of day was dying as the sun sunk behind the sand dunes, casting a bright orange-pink glow on the sky. Other villagers were coming out of their tents looking at the landed ship on the hill nearby. Just as Gil had suspected the spacecraft was definitely Imperial. The ramp dropped and a squad of heavily armed Stormtroopers filed out. At their head was a taller one. His armor wasn't white like the others though but shimmering chrome. He wore a long black cloak with a hood drawn over his helmet. Unlike the others this leader didn't carry a rifle but a deadly looking pistol holstered slung low on his right hip. On the left hip Gil noticed another weapon he had never seen before.
    "Can I help you?" Gil called stepping forward. He had just made himself a target.
    "We understand there's an artifact of high value in this area."
    Gil was surprised to hear the leaders voice was a womans.
    "I know nothing of any artifacts around here. If i did I suppose I'd be rich."
    "Perhaps we could have a look around before moving on," said the leader.
    Gil tensed as Stormtroopers moved past him toward the village and began searching through tents. What was he going to do? Fight them? He was no warrior. But he couldn't just let them do this. He'd heard how these raid usually ended.
    "Wait, can we not discuss this first?" He started.
    "Stand down sir."
    "Listen, we'll help you any way we can, just please don't hurt anybody, yes?"
    Gil was vaguely aware he was grabbing the Captain by the cloak. She placed her hand on his shoulder and violently shoved him back. He stumbled and tripped in the sand. Behind him he heard Lilith scream as she was dragged by the hair out of her tent.
    "NO!" Gil got to his feet, gripping his spear tight and swinging it hard over his shoulder.
    "DON'T HURT MY SON!" he bellowed as the spear made contact with a Stormtroopers helmet, splitting it open.

Finn gawped as a blaster pistol appeared in Phasmas hand and she shot the villager in the back. He sprawled on his face in the sand and screams arose from the village.
    "Search every hut and every tent until it's found!" She commanded. Not knowing what else to do Finn accompanied a few others into the village. The sound of blaster fire started soon after and before he knew it what should have been a simple parley had become a slaughter. Around him Finn saw his comrades seperating mothers from their children and wives from husbands. On Phasmas orders a few Pyro Troopers had begun torchingthe huts with their flame throwers.
    "This is madness," thought Finn as he barged his way into a nearby tent. Inside the tent was a small fire pit that looked like it had recently been extinguished. In the corner was a woman clutching a small child in her arms. They both looked at Finn, terror in their eyes. They were defenseless. Looking over his shoulder Finn saw the others were preoccupied. Quickly he removed his helmet so they could see his face.
    "Go," he said.
    The woman stared at him. She wasn't crying and she wasn't as scared as he had initially thought.
    "Impressive. I'd be wetting myself about now."
    "It's not a trick, go! Run!"
    The woman carried the child to the tent flap and peered outside.
    "RUN!" Hissed Finn.
    Without delay the woman gave him one last look and dashed off into the night with her child away from the burning village. The flames had risen high into the night, casting an eerie glow.
    "Find anythihg?" Asked Phasma as Finn returned.
    "Nothing," he muttered.
    Suddenly a figure sprang forth from one of the huts, a blaster in hand. There was a loud pop as one of the troops was shot and collapsed.
    "Stun him! I want him alive!" Cried Phasma.
    The man was hit with a stun beam and fell down twitching. Two Stormtroopers lifted him up and carried him over to Captain Phasma. Judging by how fast he had ran off Finn would have guessed the man to be his age but was surprised to see he must have been well into his seventies. The old man was propped up on his knees and his head was yanked back.
    Captain Phasma pushed her hood back and removed her helmet so she could meet the old mans glaring eyes.
    "You just made a very big mistake," she said.
    "Aye, you got that right. I was aiming for you," said the old man and spat on Phasma's boots.
    Finn had to admire the old guys courage, even if it that courage was about to get him killed.
    Phasma smirked. It was not a pretty sight. She turned to Finn.
    "Private,would you do the honors?"
    Was he hearing things? Had he just been asked to execute this man?
    "Uhh.."
    "Well get on with it, we haven't got all night!"
    Finn heard his fellow troops around him goading him and grumbling.
    "Do it ye coward!" barked the old man.
    Finn lifted his rifle slowly, lining his sights up with the old mans weathered face. His hands were shaking. In a few seconds the old guy who Finn wished he could be more like would be dead.
    "I can't.."
    All he had to do was pull the trigger.
    "I can't do this.."
    Phasma stepped close to him and he lowered his rifle, the barrel aiming at the ground.
    "What did you say, Private?"
    "I won't do this."
    "You are disobeying a direct order," spoke Phasma coldly.
    "I don't care!" Finn heard himself shout. "I won't kill him!"
    The old man looked speechless. Phasma stared into Finns face with a look of pure hatred that was previously reserved for Rafe Tarkin.
    "Bind his hands and throw him in The Destiny's brig."
    Two troopers seized Finn. He felt a fist sink into his gut and he doubled over on the ground in pain.
    "No matter," said Phasma. "I'd prefer to do this myself."
    Reaching for her belt she pulled out her lightsaber. The crimson blade sprang to life in the dark.
    "NO!" Cried Finn. But it was too late. Phasma raised it high over her head and brought it down on the old mans neck.

9. J.L. Titus

Dec 25, 2014
    Chapter Two

Finn had been in jail cells before back on Nar Shadaa. Usually it was for something minor like a drunken brawl, thieving or.. well, he supposed that was about it. Growing up a pick pocket he had suffered more than a few run ins with the authorities. Most cells in Nar Shadaa were filthy and and stained with various bodily fluids. He could only imagine what an Imperial cell was going to look like, especially now that he was considered a traitor. Would they keep him in a dark, hot utility closet? He wouldnt have been surprised.

Two guards marched him down the corridor through the detention center. He'd never been on this part of the Destiny but most of the officers seemed to know who he was. Evidently word had reached them that a traitorous soldier had disobeyed the Captain. The sound of his boots on the steel grate floor, echoed down the hall. They threw him in a cell and he landed hard on the cold floor.
    "Hope your conscience keeps you safe in there," snickered one of the guards as the door hissed shut and locked with a loud 'chunk' sound.
    Finn pressed his ear to the door and listened as their footsteps echoed away. He looked around and observed his cell although dimly lit was quite spacious and surprisingly clean. He could practically eat off the floor (Not that he would.) Though he was only twenty-two Finn had been in many jail cells and had broken out before. All he had to do was formulate a plan and wait for an opportunity to present itself.
    Suddenly he felt a thick hand grip his shoulder and spin him around. Before he could blink Finn was face to face with a very large terrifying Lasat. Its green eyes bulged out of its furry face and studied him carefully.
    "Hello," said Finn, smiling sheepishly.
    The Lasat said something in a language so thick and guttural Finn thought the creature may have been choking.
    "Ah, you don't speak basic.. of course not.."
    The Lasats long pointy ears twitchedand he seemed to have detected the sarcasm in Finns voice and didn't seem especially pleased by it. Finn found himself up against the wall, his feet off the ground, kicking wildly while the Lasat squeezed his throat.
    A fat little Rodian steped forward from the shadows behind the Lasat seeming just a bit too excited that Finn was going to die.
    "Kill him, Tobo! Kill him dead!" shouted the Rodian in what sounded like very broken Huttese.
    "Please," begged Finn but his voice was gurgled and even if his new cellmates had understood him they wouldn't be doing him any favors.
    "Imperial scum!" The Rodian shouted. "No bucket on this ones head. We can see the life go out of his eyes eh, Tobo?"
    Finns vision was going spotty as he grasped Tobos furry paw but it was no use trying to pry the fingers from his throat.
    There was a sharp hissing sound across the cell and Tobo and his Rodian sidekick spun around to see the cell door was standing wide open. Tobo let go and Finn collapsed to the floor, hacking and trying to catch his breath. Outside in the corridor there was some commotion. Tobo and the Rodian had stepped outside and were participating in what sounded like a riot. Finn peaked his head out and sure enough every cell door was wide open. Stormtroopers were trying to round up the many escaped prisoners but they were severely outnumbered.
    Finn no longer seemed like such an important target as Tobo lifted one of the prison guards over his head and tossed him a goodten feet down the hall. Two of the guards ran up behind the hulking Lasat and attacked him with stun batons. A trio of Wookiees were loose though and began thrashing the guards. Taking advantage of this unexpected riot Finn turned and ran down the corridor.
    "Far be it from me to question a miracle," he thought, grinning wide to himself.
    As he navigated the corridors of the detention center he encountered dozens of guards and prisoners all engaged in a hectic free for all.
    "I need to get off this damned ship before the guards get control back," he thought, remembering the senseless slaughter on Tatooine.
    A Stormtrooper flew through the air past him and landed in a heap on the floor. Finn ducked into an alcove to his right as a mob of prisoners charged down the corridor. There was a small air vent on the wall that was level with his knees. It was fastened on tight so he grabbed one of the fallen guards blasters and fired twice at the vent cover. A shower of sparks sprayed at his feet as the grate blew open and the acrid smell of burning metal soon filled the air. Finn bent over and crawled into the tight ventilation shift.

It was dark and definitely snug. But thankfully the fan was blowing so it was nice and cool as he crawled his way along looking for a way out. After about twenty endless minutes of crawling on his sore hands and knees Finn finally found a way out. It was awkward aiming his blaster in such closed quarters but he managed to blast hisway out of the vent grate and crawl out.
    Standing up he found he was in a brightly lit main passageway. An astromech droid was rolling by but didn't seem to notice or care about the grubby Stormtrooper who had just shot his way out of a vent. Judging by the tracks of lighting running along the floor he was probably near deck five, not far from the bridge.
    "Knowing my luck Captain Phasma will walk around the corner any second."
    Since there was no sign of her just yet Finn turned and dashed off down the hall.

The Destiny's hangar bay was exceptionally huge. While most star destroyer hangars were rectangualr this one was shaped more like an upside down triangle with its top cut off. Along the high walls ran a catwalk on either side where dozens of TIE Fighters were docked. Finn crept down the walkway on the hangars right wall. A Stormtrooper was patrolling it, walking from one end to the other slowly. Finn ran up behind him as quietly as he was able to and quickly smashed the butt of his rifle into the side of the troopers helmet. The Stormtrooper collapsed loudly on the iron walkway. Several soldiers on the hangar bay floor below looked up and saw Finn standing over his fallen prey brandishing a blaster rifle.
    "This probably won't look good."
    "Hello, boys!" he called down, not sure what else to say.
    "Up there!" shouted one, pointing at him.
    The others opened fire on the walkway. Finn got his back against the wall and began firing back over the railing. A door on the far side of the hangar opened but the Stormtroopers hadn't seemed to notice. Finn never thought he'd be happy to see Tobo again but there he was, the big lug leading a small army of very angry looking prisoners with lots of guns. With a loud harsh cry Tobo opened fire on the unsuspecting Stormtroopers. The small fat Rodian from Finn's cell took cover behind some crates with some others and exchanged fire with the soldiers. A Stormtrooper helmet was perched jauntily atop his scaly green head. The floor of the hangar had become a full scale battleground. Finn hurried over to one of the docked TIE fighters and climbed in the top hatch
    Finn's uncle had tried teaching him how to fly a speeder when he was a boy on Nar Shaddaa. Twice. Staring at the cockpits control console made his head spin.
    "How the hell do I start this thing?"
    He pressed a small flashing green button.
    "Green for go, right?"
    A flash of green and orange fire lit the far wall and the walkway on the otherside of the hangar exploded and collapsed.
    "Not that one."
    After flipping a few instruments and twisting a few knobs he found the fighter detaching itself from the dock. By some small miracle Finn managed to steer the thing out of the hangar and maneuver it out the Destiny's underbelly. The stars outside his viewport spun in every direction as he fought to control the fighter. A small red light began flashing and an alarm rang. The radar made an obnoxious sound and Finn gathered that two ships were in pursuit and opening fire on him. He reefed on the steering controls and his fighter curved through space and he found himself speeding back toward the Destiny. Seeing it from outside made it look like a giant black knife hovering in space. Two other TIE fighters pursued him across the Destiny's bow.
    There was a loud 'BOOM' and his fighter began to shake uncontrollably. Another alarm went off. He had been hit.
    "If I can't shake them I'll space dust within minutes!"
    Finn steered the fighter toward the planet below him. His wing was hit badly and breaking apart. He accelerated toward Tatooine. As he passed through the atmosphere his cockpit viewport begain fogging and he felt his wing completely explode. The fighter began spinning wildly through the clouds and before long he could see a vast desert far below him.
    "I'm going to die."
    With every ounce of strength he pulled back and eased up as he crashed into the sand. There was a deafening crunch that split his skull. Finn gritted his teeth as his fighter bounced across the dunes, spraying sand everywhere. The burning TIE fighter was pinwheeling across the dunes spraying sand everywhere and then the spinning stopped.

Stay Tuned!

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow! Great bit of quick thinking for Finn. Now Phazma thinks he's crashed fatally and won't go looking for him most likely. [face_relieved]

11. J.L. Titus

Dec 25, 2014
    The second half of chapter two will be online tomorrow night!

12. J.L. Titus

Dec 25, 2014
    Chapter Two cont'd..

"Of all the incompetent, inept officers in the Imperial armada, you Rafe Tarkin are the most disgraceful."
    "Yes, ma'am."
    Tarkin bowed his head as Phasma continued her lecture.
    They were standing on the bridge where she could ensure all his piers would witness his humiliation.
    "Were you not instructed to ensure Private Leonises detainment?"
    "I-" the young Lieutenant had barely had a chance to respond when he was cut off.
    "Not only did he escape his cell along with every other prisoner on deck three but he incited a riot as well! And how the hell did they all get out?"
    There was silene on the bridge. Nobody wanted to be caught in the Captains crossfire.
    "It's possible that the private is a.."
    "A what?" Alyce had reached her limit and was ready to pull her blaster on Tarkin.
    "An Alliance operative."
    A spy. Leonis had only just been transfered to the Destiny recently, hadn't he? What was his background? How had he escaped his cell with such ease? Alyce had never seen him before nor heard anything about him. Was it so outlandish to think he had enlisted with the Empire at the behest of Alliance command. But why? To assassinate her? Unlikely. Perhaps to retrieve the artifact Kylo Ren had become so obsessed with finding recently? But how would the Alliance know about this mission? Were there other operatives? Too many questions.
    "That's without a doubt the most foolish idea I've ever heard."
    Tarkins shoulders sagged. His pomposity had been crushed under Alyce's boot heel. Of course he was probably right but she couldn't let him know that.
    "Organize a search party, Lieutenant. Whoever Leonis is, operative or not he has knowledge of our mission and he must be brought back to be made an example of."
    "Yes, Captain Phasma," intoned Tarkin, turning to walk away.
    "And as your punishment, Lieutenant," she continued. "You will be accompanying us planetside."
    Tarkin was an efficient officer, there could be no denying it. But it was well known that he was ill-suited for field duty. If nothing else it would serve to Alyce's amusement. Hell, maybe he'd even get himself killed.

The desert was sweltering hot. The sun was high in the sky and beating down on Finns head mercilessly. Heavy drips of sweat rolled down his face and beaded his curly black hair. His TIE fighter lay a smoldering ruin, a few yards down the dune behind him. He reached the hight of the small hill and put his hands to his mouth.
    "HELLO!" He cried out. His voice echoed across the sandy plains. Nobody replied. Finn considered trying again but knew it was no use.
    He would never know how long exactly he had wandered in that vast desert. What felt like five minutes could have been five hours. His head was swimming from the constant mirage on the horizon before him. He tried resisting the urge to scratch the itch on the back of his neck, knowing it would only make ten thousand more across his body that he could never reach in this damned armor.
    Something was visible in the distance. A small black figure. Was he imagining it? The mirage shimmered and made it look like the figure was moving toward him. Finn shaded his eyes with his gloved hand and was amazed to see it was indeed moving toward him. And fast.
    His cracked lips broke out in a smile and he waved his arms over his head frantically, jumping up and down.
    "HEY! OVER HERE! HEY!"
    His tongue was stuck to the roof of his dry mouth. As the figure got closer, Finn could see it was a man riding some sort of mounted beast. There was a strange sound coming from the creature.
    Squinting, Finn was able to see that the creature wasn't actually a creature at all but was some sort of machine. Like a large mechanical bird on two long twiggy legs and an ugly rusted head. The rider was no man at all but a tall strange looking monster. His head was wrapped in cloth and four jagged spikes stuck out from the top of his head. His long brown robes were tattered and stained with what Finn could only guess was blood.
    The man-thing swung a long painful looking stick toward Finn and let out a harsh barbaric cry that no man should have made. Finn ducked out of the way and ran off down the slope. Three more of them were approaching, running at top speed on their mechanical mounts, all swinging different sized spears. He turned back but they had him surrounded. The ground was rushing up to meet him as something cracked him on the back of the head and he fell on his hands and knees.
    Another spear smacked him in the face and Finn felt his cheek already swelling. He was laying on his back in the sand now trying to catch his breath.
    "I wonder if Phasma would have been more merciful," he thought. "One quick swing of a lightsaber and I'd be done. These fellows probably couldn't pronounce the word 'merciful'"
    On the verge of unconciousness Finn gazed up and saw one of the monster men looming over him, raising his spear. It was about to fall when there was a sharp, ear splitting 'BANG'. The Tusken Raider dropped his spear and clutched his arm. His robe had been singed by a blaster bolt. Two more shots went off and the Tuskens were gone. A small womanly figure was approaching Finn. Darkness swallowed his vision and he knew no more.

Rey's generator was dying. It would only be able to run power another two or three day (If she was very lucky). Power cells were in short supply and the ones she had found in Mos Eisley junk shops were outrageously overpriced. She had decided the night before that she would go out in the morning and look for anything that would keep her power running even an extra day.
    It was still fairly early in the day when she found the cave. It was less of a cave and more of a pit. A huge rocky mouth in the sand that lead to the dragons lair. She parked her speeder bike at the edge, where the motor couldn't wake the monster inside. Carefully she crept into the dank nest. The air was thick and moist around her. The huge Krayt dragon was slumbering on a massive pile of scrap metal and spare parts. Droids from as far back as the Clone Wars. What she wouldn't have given to have an hour digging through all the garbage for a few hours. The massive lizard appeared to be fast asleep. Its green-yellow skin was sleek and scaly, its large horns were the size of tree trunks.
    As Rey got closer to the dragon, its soft snores became louder and louder. Kneeling down, she carefully began digging through the base of the junk pile. There was an old pod engine shell, a circuit board she could use for something, even the head of an old protocol droid that reminded her of Threepio. But no power cells.
    Rey stood up, placing her hands on her hips and biting her lip. There was something under the dragons huge paw. Something that didn't look much like garbage at all. Something familiar. Something she recognized from another life. Was her mind playing tricks on her? Had all this time in the sun finally driven her mad? Rey had never been one to let things go so she got in closer and reached under the monsters enormous paw. She maneuvered her tiny hand through the trash and wrapped her thin fingers around the object. She smiled. Pulled it out. It was a long shiny cylindrical object. Its shine had long ago worn off and it had clearly seen better days but there was still a certain majesty surrounding it she coudln't explain.
    Rey suddenly became aware that the Krayt dragons steady snores had ceased. Rey slowly raised her head and met two huge orange eyes staring down at her. The dragon propped itself up on its mountain of garbage and opened its gaping maw to let out a shrill cry. The walls of the cave trembled and the monsters long red tongue flicked hideously. Rey steadily backed away from it as it moved toward her.
    Her thumb pressed the switch on the lightsaber in her hand. Nothing happened. She tried again. The dragon was getting nearer.
    Again she tried.
    It was towering over Rey now, ready to flatten her.
    An icy blue blade ignited from the lightsaber and Rey sprang forth, slashing the Krayt dragon across its scaly chest. It shrieked again and backed away. Rey wasted no time in hurrying out of the cave back to her speeder. She tucked the old lightsaber into her satchel and gunned it.
    The speeder raced up the long incline out of the cave and she soon found herself back in the suns warmth. She pumped the break and pulled the saber out once more to inspect it better in the light of day. She knew she wasn't imagining things. She'd seen this before. But where?
    There was a loud explosion in the sky above her. Now what? Rey fished out her binoculars and looked up into the blue expanse of sky that mirrored the desert around her. An Imperial TIE fighter was hurtling toward the ground a few miles away. She watched as huge pieces of the fighter flew off its hull and its wings were ravaged. A long trail of black smoke followed behind it.
    By the time Rey reached the crashed fighter there was nobody to be found. Not even a body in the cockpit. She searched the area but only found a pair of foot prints leading south through the sand.
    Rey mounted her speeder bike and followed the prints. Whoever he was, he'd likely have been killed by the heat by now she figured. She just hoped he hadn't suffered too long. Imperial or Alliance, it didn't matter to her. Dying out here like that was bad any way you looked at it. That was when Rey found. The four Tuskens had the poor bastard surrounded and were knocking him about. He was lying on his back and one was about to finish the job by planting a spear in him. Reys rifle was slung across her back. She carried it for circumstances just like this. Pressing it into her shoulder and peering into the scope she shot one of the Tuskens through the arm. A couple more shots and the sand people were running for the hills. She smiled to herself. Swinging a lightsaber was fun and all but she'd always prided herself on being a great shot.
    Rey hurried over to the fallen Stormtrooper. His helmet was missing and he was unarmed. His skin was dark and he had a large bruise across his right cheek that was going to swell something fierce. That was how Reyna Solo met Finn Leonis.

Stay Tuned!

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Rafe's suggestion is definitely a good one about Finn's true origins. Nice way to bring Rey into the tale and whew! she came to Finn's aid just in time!