main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Force Ghost of Anakin Skywalker was meant to be in EP7?!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Devizz, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    not sure if I like the idea or not......

2. Brybe_Daker

Brybe_Daker Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 21, 2015
    If Anakin's ghost is voiced by James Earl Jones, then I think it's a great idea. If we're looking at a Hayden cameo, I'm going to have to give it a resounding no!

3. beetzello

beetzello Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 17, 2002
    We don't need to look to Rey to be a Skywalker to have three generations of Skywalkers in a future Stars Wars movie, we already have Leia's son Ben to fill that role should Anakin's ghost show up in 2017 and/or 2019.

In TFA, when Ben talks/prays/worships/communes/pays tribute to Darth Vader's melted mask, I wonder if Ben thinks he is actually talking to Anakin? Maybe at some point in the past, Ben saw his Uncle Luke talk to Grandpa Anakin's Force Ghost, and thought that was pretty cool and wanted to learn the trick himself. Maybe that's what led Ben down the dark path, because Ben wanted to commune with Grampa's Force Ghost, and Ben's uncle told him it was forbidden because one needed to be strong with the Force to commune with a Force Ghost.

Rancor Keeper and SkyloRey like this.
  4. SkyloRey

SkyloRey Jedi Knight

Jan 5, 2016

5. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Dodged a bullet.

Brybe_Daker likes this.
  6. KnightofCydonia

KnightofCydonia Jedi Padawan

Oct 27, 2015
    I'd love to see Hayden in this trilogy. Something tells me they're all programmed so be so 'anti-prequel' that it'll never happen though. BTW does Hayden still look young enough to pull of the same appearance as the last time we saw his force ghost? I mean it'd be daft if a friggin' Ghost has aged...

7. SkyloRey

SkyloRey Jedi Knight

Jan 5, 2016
    Hayden had to gain like 30 pounds for ROTS so he would need to work out. Saw a recent interview and I don't think he looks 10 years older, maybe a few so don't think it would be an issue with his look. I'm hoping it will happen.

8. Rancor Keeper

Rancor Keeper Jedi Master star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    It would require some post-production work to make him appear "ghosty" anyway, de-aging him would only be a few additional mouse clicks

9. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I always felt that they (Disney/Lucasfilm) could explore many interesting options here. It has to be done carefully as we know one cannot commune with the Force unless using much training/acceptance of light and dark/compassion/enlightenment. However if one chooses to try using dark side powers to a large extent, they would be able to reach a "deformed" soul instead of an actually beautiful spirit. Thus enabling manipulation and lies to fill there head which a dark imposter of Anakins Force ghost could do. It would be a scary part to Star Wars but would give it more reason to trust the light side of the Force in life instead of always trying to force the answers you seek because of impatience. This dark power could be one of the Whills/priestesses that speak to Snoke everyday.

10. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    One way you could play it I spose is that Anakins "darkside years" have left some kind of echo in the force that still exists even though he's been redeemed. That might potentially fit into the idea I'v seen mentioned a few times of Luke working towards force use that acknowledges the darkside but isn't controlled by it, the two half of Anakin in the force ultimately being rejoined?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.