main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Force Hungers - Food and Drink in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Corvus, Oct 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Okay, we have threads for every character, the ships, the planets and entertainment. What about food and drink? As easy it is to forget, eating and drinking is a big part of star wars.

One of the very first things Obi Wan and Qui Gon do is drink something TC-14 brings them. On Naboo we see Sebulba eating a bowl of soup or stew and are later invited for some fruits and nuts at the Skywalker house.

In AotC we go into a bar, and later a diner and see Padmé and Anakin eating once on the ship and once on naboo. Oh and once at the Lars homestead.

Jabba is shown eating small creatures alive and Ewoks are implied to eat humans.
    Wicket is also given something resembling popcorn by Leia.

And who can forget the apparently foul tasting soup Yoda made when Luke visited him for the first time?

Despite all this we know very little about the various dishes, ingredients and beverages common in the galaxy. All we know is that spices aren't really spices, but space cocaine.

Will this change in the Force Awakens? Will we finally learn more?

And how many meals will we see? If I were Hux I would definitely bring a sandwich or a hot dog to the Starkiller base test shooting.

What about drinks? Would be nice to get to know more drinks than blue milk and jawa juice now that disney decanonized Juma Juice and Corellian Ale.

According to the leaks we will see Rey and Finn getting drunk in Maz Kanata's bar. Wonder if we'll hear what they are drinking.

2. ForceChoker

ForceChoker Jedi Master

May 15, 2005
    I never bought in to the idea that Ewoks ate human flesh. Those chubby little buggers chow down on grubs and berries and maybe the occasional chipmunk.

Jabba swallowing a live paddy frog is still one of the funniest things I ever seen at the movies!

3. Good Blaster

Good Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2015
    Jawa juice anyone!!!

Oh....wait

4. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Well they wanted to cook Han, Luke and Chewie and feed them to 3PO. :D In Darths and Droids gungans also eat humans.

Don't worry it's not something that comes out of a jawa. Hopefully. It's whatever Obi-Wan drinks at Dexter's diner.

5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    8-} DEATHSTICKS!!!!!!! 8-}

InterestingLurker likes this.
  6. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011

B99 likes this.
  7. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Technically death sticks are space drugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.