main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI The Force is strong in this one...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lady_tundra, Aug 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lady_tundra

lady_tundra Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    Blame SWG for my lack of appearance. :D

Sorry to see I missed not just one, but two meetings... although due to the recent heat I wouldn't have been able to go to this last one anyways.

If I'm not at work or out with friends, I've been firmly entrenched in making a name for myself across one of the galaxies in SWG.

Beta was fun, but live is so much more... even with all the bugs. So many of my online friends are all together and building a PA, with plans for a Player City once those are put in.

My character specifically is eeking out a meager existance as a dancer on the dustbowl of a planet we all became familiar with in A New Hope. Ok, maybe not so meager... since currently she is about to hold a Grand Opening for the cantina she owns and operates out of her PA's city just outside of Bestine. Add to that her elegant lakeside house on the gorgeous planet of Naboo, as well as an overflowing wardrobe filled with elegant gowns and exotic dancing costumes.

When she isn't dancing up a storm for the weary cantina patrons, she's difficult to find as she's usually off on some exotic safari to whatever planet catches her interest at the time of ticket purchase. With her powerful Scout Pistol in hand, I might add.

Skilled in dance, pistol and even unarmed combat... there's quite a bit more to this tiny Bothan female than meets the eye. She packs quite a punch if I do say so myself, which is good since she tends to have quite the mouth on her too. [face_blush] Then again, the two giant Wookiees she's always around are usually imposing enough to take care of any trouble thanks to her big mouth. Well, that and her loyal giant cat following her around.

All in all, despite what critics and players alike have said negatively about this game... I'm having a blast. Yeah, there are still a LOT of things that need ironing out, balancing, fixing, implementing, etc... but right now I'm having fun, and that's what matters.

So yeah, that's where I've been. Work, friends, SWG. I think I squeak in an hour or two of sleep here and there as well. Hehee

If you're interested I can post a link to the screenshots I have from the game thus far. I have a ton, just working on getting them up into a gallery at the moment. :) With my brand new computer I built (with some assistance from my dad... ok, he did it all and I just plugged it in), the game is breathtaking graphics-wise.

ladytundra

2. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Woah! Glad to see you're back!

I guessed that SWG had pulled you away. ;)

3. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Yep... and it sounds like SWG is keeping a lot of people busy. I syill can't afford it, but maybe by the time those things get fixed and in place, I will be able to.

I hope you will check the board more and catch us at our next meeting, when we have it.
    Let us know if you have any good meeting ideas. We can use all the help we can get... and bring friends... lots of them. :D

See ya soon, I hope

4. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    Glad to see your still among the living.
    I want this game but I cant afford it now

5. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    "Blame SWG for my lack of appearance."

ha congrats Ned you guessed right! well its good to see you back. Come to think of it I dont think I have ever really talked to you or introduced myself, well I am Forcebewitya I was at the last two meetings. My real name is Brent. So thats pretty much it, hope you can come to the next meeting. Anyway on to SWG, I myself haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. I would have bought it however my computer doesn't even meet the minimum requirments for it...so that kinda sets me back. Also the fact that I don't have highspeed internet, and I dont have the money to pay the online fee. I hear its a great game though, I can see why you haven't been on here ;).

Forcebewitya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.