main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Force of Evolution" X-Men/SW

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Aug 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    I know, I know, I just signed my death wish for starting another fic and not having it be the sequel to "Embers". I *will* finish the sequel, but I'm and a wall for the moment, and need to work out some kinks. I need a break from Sabe/Obi stuff.

This idea came to me last night and it just took off! It takes place six months after the events in the new X-Men movie. This Earth was not blessed with "Star Wars", so don't yell at me for screwing up time lines and all! :)

Okay, here's the first bit. The X-Men won't appear until the second chapter.

Star Wars X-Men Cross-Over
    "The Force of Evolution"

Chapter One

The buzz and crackle of the topaz lightsaber flashed, sparking and hissing against the twin azure. Lighting flashed and sparked, becoming a static firework of energy. Then the tangled mass parted and circled, echoing hums adding an eerie vastness to the small combat chamber. Obi-Wan Kenobi blinked back sweat from his eyes as he watched his six-armed opponent Padawan S?kuss switch the long-handled lightsaber hilt through his tangle of spindly arms. His hands tightened around his own hilt as he watched for the tiny triggers of rippling scales before S?kuss advanced. They were so subtle, so tiny that Obi-Wan had to almost fully concentrate on the Force just to catch a glimpse the instant before S?kuss attacked. Then he immediately had to parry the complicated and often dizzying blows, constantly switching from one focus to the other.

It was unlike any battle he had ever fought. He knew S?kuss would not kill him, but fighting the advanced Padawan was both a compliment and a discouraging practice all its own. Master Qui-Gon Jinn had arranged with Jedi Master Kloone for a practice spar between their Padawans. S?kuss would be facing his trials soon, and Qui-Gon had wanted to test Obi-Wan?s progress.

As Obi-Wan leapt out of the topaz blade?s reach, he knew it was a battle he would not win, but he was determined to draw it out as long as possible. He was learning how different fighting the advanced Jedi apprentice was than fighting a probe droid or even an assassin droid. He was pleased Qui-Gon thought him ready for the challenge, but also disappointed that he would not be able to impress him. **I?ve long since given up that notion**

S?kuss, a large, scaly green creature that reminded many people of an insect, suddenly rolled into a tight ball, lightsaber deactivating and tucking it inside. Obi-Wan paused for the briefest instant in surprise, then immediately slashed at the rolling creature. A loud SNAP! deflected off the Padawan?s back, not even leaving a scorch mark against the hard scales. **His back is armored. The joints may not be**

But even as he was striking for the vulnerable area of S?kuss? joints, the older Padawan was unfolding and attacking. Obi-Wan was caught with his blade fully extended low and to the floor. It was too late. Obi-Wan brought his blade up to block the topaz from kissing his left shoulder. The blow was not blocked enough and he felt the blade?s heat press against the damp tunic.

?Kill point,? S?kuss hissed through his two mouths.

Obi-Wan deactivated his lightsaber and bowed to the older Padawan, wincing from the burn. It was mild, the healers would fix it. He wiped his brow and glanced towards the small viewing mirror, wondering what Qui-Gon thought of his performance. He knew his Master was waiting in the small chamber on the other side of the mirror. He could not see Qui-Gon, but his Master could see him.

?It was a pleasure sparing, Obi-Wan,? S?kuss chorused. The Padawan picked up his robe and left the chamber.

Obi-Wan watched him for a moment, wondering what it felt like to be so near Knighthood. Was he nervous, or did he await anxiously for the Council?s approval? At seventeen, Obi-Wan still had almost a decade of apprenticeship before him. His place was at Qui-Gon?s side.

With this resolve settling over him, Obi-Wan picked up his robe and hurried towa

2. Jedi_KnightMariah

Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2000
    Hey! You stole my idea! Oh, well you're doing better then I would have. I guess you didn't see my crossover quisetion. Keep going!

3. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Don't forget to add Toad! I love Toad!!!!! Lot's and Lot's of Toad in this story, okay?

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Oh, this will be different than the round robins and the other cross-overs. I'm glad you like it! Yes, Toad will be there. I loved Toad, he was cool!

"Weren't you suppose to bring someone back?"
    "Don't you people ever die?"

Um, what question? On the thread? I didn't see it. I better go check. If I stole your idea, I didn't mean to! This was in my head before I read the cross-over, and I experimented with it a little, then decided I liked it.

5. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    It's okay. You didn't mean to.

Toad! Yay!!!!! He's soooooooooo cute!! Make him have more lines!!! Just don't make him fall in love or something like that. He's mine!!!!! tee hee hee. Will be waiting for your post with pleasuer!

6. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, my taste usually doesn't include green-skinned, long-tongued mutants, but okay . . .

Ah, darn! I was going to have Jabba fall in love with Toad! ;-)

7. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Just a question, Can you make up a girl named Mariah and have Toad meet her and well you know? j/k. I like Obi and Toad alot. (But Ray takes the cake!)

P.S. If you do, I'll come through my comp and slash Jabba in two, myself.

8. jedi jaffacake

jedi jaffacake Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2000
    Yay! I've been online for half an hour now and my comp hasn't cut me off yet!!

Great start Amidolee, but I haven't seen the X-Men movie yet. Will I still understand what's going on?

9. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Toad come here!

Toad: (does what she says.) What is it- (sees the *look* she's giving him.) yes?

Look! It's going to be about X-Men and You're in it!

Toad. (smooths down hair.) really?

Hey, Amidolee, are you still going to post on "Star Wars and X-Men one-on-one"?

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Love the concept, JA and X-Men. I told my daughter about this thread and now she wants me off the computer, what an ingrate! After all the trouble I took to take her to Chicago. j/k

Actually I have to admit I'm a bit more partial to Toad after getting the chance to meet Ray Park (no, I'm not bragging, just making a statement).

Amidolee, don't forget "Stop playing around!"

11. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    YOU MET RAY PARK!!!! He seems soooooo nice. (and cute!) I love that guy!

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Something's will be explained and references will be made. If you have a question, just ask me and I'll fill in missing details.

I'll think about it Mariah! ;-)

Aside from Wolverine and Rogue, Toad was my favorite. But Magneto was an awesome bad guy! I love what he did with the guns. "I don't think I can stop ALL the bullets."

REALLY? Cool! I like Ray's real voice, it's so different from DM.

13. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    That wasn't his voice. He says it everywhere he goes. And I have something in commen with Rogue (becides we're both girls.) We both have white streeks in your hair. Mine's a birth mark though. I didn't get by-oops! Almost give it away! Will be waiting for your post!!!

14. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    I *was* kidding about you useing the name. You can use it if you want though. *sniff* I can't stand the thought of him being in the arms of another, cause Ray's dating!
    Wahhhhh!! Some body call the Wambulance!!!
    lol. sorry.

15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    And i was also thinking of doing a X-men/SW Crossover myself! I guess my telepathic abilities are starting to show! Oh no its X-men for real!!!! Lol anyway, great start!

16. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I thought I would give you a little more tonight.

Obi-Wan tried not to fidget as he watched Qui-Gon stare out at the empty void of hyperspace. He had grown accustomed to waiting until they had practically reached their destination before Qui-Gon bothered to say anything, but he just couldn?t help himself. Something about the tall Jedi standing like a statue before the viewport cast an unsettled cloud around the room.

The Padawan watched for a moment, then gave a soft sigh and dug through the refreshment compartment of their cabin for a snack. The benefit of traveling with the normal galactic population was the food. When they disembarked on Wartta Four, they would take a smaller transport to their destination, that much Qui-Gon had bothered to inform him. Obi-Wan discovered a sealed packet of dried cream cakes, which were surprisingly good, and some other less delectable treats. He ate contentedly, glancing over at the still figure of his Master and wondering absently if the ship hit a star and exploded, that his Master would still be standing there.

**Probably**

Qui-Gon suddenly turned from the viewport and smiled at Obi-Wan. ?You ?were- going to ask my permission before you devoured my meal, right??

Obi-Wan paused, his hand over the package seal. ?Of course, Master. I was merely opening it for you.?

?Why, thank you, Padawan. You?re most generous.?

Obi-Wan?s face scrunched in silent confusion and Qui-Gon suppressed a chuckle. He enjoyed messing with Obi-Wan?s perspective of him. Obi-Wan handed the packet of dried cake over and Qui-Gon accepted. He could feel the boy?s eyes on him for a moment, then Obi-Wan shifted in his seat and looked towards the mottled viewport. Once they were on their way to Earth, their destination, Qui-Gon would explain their mission.

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Love it when Qui-Gon messes with the boy's mind.

BTW, forgot to say post often, post soon.

18. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
  19. JediofJade

JediofJade Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 1999
    I started a crossover threead, too. Man, how crazy is that?

Keep up the good work! I love all your stories Amidolee.........

20. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Ami, SWX-M1O1! Is waiting for you!!
    And I'm waiting for you to post here too!

21. JediPrincess_Leia

JediPrincess_Leia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2000
    hmmm. this is different.

22. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Sorry for the delay, but I was gone all day. Just got back from seeing X-Men for the second time.

The Wartta Four Capital Spaceport was small in comparison to the major franchises around the galaxy. Qui-Gon seemed to know his way around fairly well. He didn?t once pause to search his surroundings, but plunged through the mingling travelers. He led Obi-Wan to a side hangar.

?Wartta Four is often used as a Jedi depot of sorts,? Qui-Gon said quietly. ?It is quiet, out of the way, but has access to several routes over the galaxy. We will be taking a new route to our destination.?

Obi-Wan?s ears perked and he hoped to hear more, but Qui-Gon had already returned to Silent Master Mode. The Padawan followed him into the quiet hangar. Small, unmarked personal starships lined the hangar. Obi-Wan immediately identified them as Republic diplomat yachts and espionage vessels. They were well-conditioned craft, many of the class he had flown around Coruscant in his initiate flight-training.

?Aw, Jedi, Jedi!?

Both men turned to find a small creature hobbling towards them. He distinctly reminded Obi-Wan of Master Yoda, only half a meter taller and with pale green skin. The ears were perhaps a bit more rounded at the tips, but the similarity was striking. Obi-Wan glanced at Qui-Gon to find the Jedi Master?s amused smirk creeping up behind the graying beard. **Ha! Not even ?he- can keep a straight face!**

?I am Qui-Gon Jinn and this is my apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi,? Qui-Gon introduced, bowing at the waist.

?Aw, yes, yes! Jedi, Jedi! Call me Flip you can!? The Jedi exchanged amused glances as the creature tapped a stick on the hangar floor. ?Come, come! Find your ship, we will! Yes, yes, Flip knows best!?

As they followed the small but quick Flip, Obi-Wan leaned towards Qui-Gon. ?Does Master Yoda have family, Master?? he whispered.

?Careful. Sensitive ears he may have.?

Obi-Wan just shook his head. ?Not you, too!?

Qui-Gon chuckled and looked ahead where Flip was tapping his stick against the shiny hull of a small Stinger-class yacht. ?Your ship, here is! Yes, yes! Ready it is! Jedi go away,? Flip said mournfully, his ears suddenly drooping. ?Jedi be gone, Jedi come back. Jedi go again. Such is the way of a Jedi.?

The simple and somewhat jumbled phrases made such perfect sense that Obi-Wan wondered if it wasn?t Yoda that was speaking backwards, but everyone else in the galaxy. They both spoke in such simple manners that it had often puzzled others. Why did people create such difficulties for themselves? Such challenges?

?Thank you, my friend,? Qui-Gon?s voice interrupted Obi-Wan?s mulling. ?We leave in peace.?

Obi-Wan followed his Master up the small ramp into the ship. The inside was clean and in good order. The ship consisted of a ?fresher, a small sleeping area, a food storage center, and the pilot?s cabin. Qui-Gon familiarized himself with the controls and set coordinates into the navicomputer. The rear viewscreen showed the wall behind the ship sliding open, revealing open space beyond the landing field.

When they were in hyperspace, Qui-Gon finally turned to his Padawan. ?I suppose you are curious about the mission??

?Yes, Master,? Obi-Wan nodded.

?Our destination is Earth,? Qui-Gon said. No recognition showed across Obi-Wan?s expression, nor should it. ?Earth is a primitive planet on scale with the galaxy. They are not aware of life beyond their system. Approximately three years ago, two Jedi explorers discovered the planet. It is much like Alderaan or Corellia. The population reaches over four billion, and has well-established governments. They do not have hyperspace capabilities, but they have explored space beyond their system with satellites. The explorers were able to contact a small faction on the planet. The planet?s population is broken into several governments and monarchs. The culture is quite diverse and calls for more exploring.? Qui-Gon paused. ?The Jedi were called for other missions, put they left a small conne

23. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Cooooooool. The first time I saw X-Men was the opening day. *sigh* I love that movie.
    Oh yeah. WAITING FOR TOAD!!!!!!!

24. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    I have to admit the last time I read an X-Man comic Spider Man was still in high school. ;-)
    Still I'm really enjoying this, can't wait 'til they meet the mutants. Maybe I should go see the movie.

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Yes, yes, see the movie you will! It's good, and the book is awesome. Bryan Singer did a great job--far better than any Batman movie (*only the first and second were good).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.