main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Force of Evolution" X-Men/SW

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Aug 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_KnightMariah

Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2000
    X-Men is my fav! I'm trying to get my bro to see it with me. (it would be my 3'd time!)
    POST! *meakly* please?

2. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    The trip through the nebula cloud proved to be safe and efficient. They traveled through it at sublight, pausing to reload the navicomputer and reset their course. Obi-Wan?s focus was on the translations and learning of the American currency. Apparently Earth, when summarized, was a down-sized Republic. His head hurt a little from staring at the datapad for so long, but when Qui-Gon took a break to reset the course, Obi-Wan stole a few moments of rest, closing his eyes and thinking of anything but what he had been concentrating on for the past twelve hours.

Qui-Gon came back into the small eating area, finding his Padawan?s eyes closing again. He smiled, and touched the boy?s shoulders. ?We?ve just come out of hyperspace. Would you like to take a look of the planet they call Venus??

?Oh, the sister planet,? Obi-Wan mumbled, rubbing his eyes. He pushed the datapad off his lap and followed Qui-Gon to the viewport. A murky green and gold planet rotating slowly. It looked stormy and hot. He glanced down at the small displays mounted on the control console. Several planets were viewed on the small screens. One display showed the asteroid belt behind Venus. ?Where?s Earth??

?It is the third from the sun,? Qui-Gon said. His eyes scanned the viewscreen, then he spotted the tiny blue sphere in the distance. ?There, Padawan. It is not a large planet in comparison to Jupiter or Saturn, but it?s population is greater than Alderaan or Corellia. Mainly because they have not colonized anywhere else yet, I suppose.?

Obi-Wan nodded, his eyes scanning the black carpet of space. Tiny specks of stars winked light years away, but the bright star that served as the sun shimmered even from this great distance. They then flew towards the distance planet, following the careful course the explorers had plotted for them. Their contacts had informed them where they could slip into the planet without detection of the planet?s satellites. As he watched, the tiny speck grew, becoming splashed with white swirls and a mottled display of green and brown.

A soft beep signaled the ship?s sensors picking up the satellites. The ship moved towards the planet?s shadow, covering a vast ocean and dipping lower into the atmosphere. Qui-Gon then took the controls, following their directory, sending the coded signal along the directory. A guiding beacon was suppose to flash back. Obi-Wan watched the displays, wondering if they were detected what the planet?s defenses would throw at them.

The double deep sounded and Obi-Wan glanced at the displays to find a homing beacon guiding them in. As night descended upon the planet, Obi-Wan saw the distant twinkling of lights from far off cities.

Another trill sounded. A flying craft was headed straight for them! It was traveling slowly at the speed of sound, but it could reach them if they didn?t slow or increase their speed. ?Master?? Obi-wan inquired, a hand tensing reflexively over the controls.

?Increase speed two ticks,? Qui-Gon said quietly, his eyes already searching the sky for their pursuit.

A long-bodied craft flew above them, long wings splayed on either side. Lights flashed and blinked, then it passed on by, dipping away and vectoring away from them. Obi-Wan steadied their ship and slowed their momentum. Repulsorlifts kicked in, slowing them further as mountain peaks began to poke through the cloud cover. Their beacon guided them between ridges and canyons. The darkness pressed in, no city was within miles of these mountains. They slowed even further, skimming a white peak and dipping near a tree canopy.

Then a darker object loomed before them. Obi-Wan sensed no danger from the Force and kept the ship on its course, leading them straight for the gorge in the mountain side. The dark wall was suddenly pierced with a soft light. Glancing once at Qui-Gon?s relaxed face, Obi-Wan guided the ship into the natural hangar. Lights from the ship bounced off cragged walls and a solid floor. With a final hiss from the repulsorlifts and a sigh from the eng

3. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    That's great, Ami! Can you tell me when I should expect more???? PLEASE!!!!
    I'll do something for you : )

4. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Sweet! Can we see some banter between Sidious & Magneto, or dare I ask...Toad & Maul?

5. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Amidolee, I really want something, and you're going to give it to me, ok? Good. Let me tell you what it is: TOAD! TOAD TOAD TOAD TOAD!!!!!!!!!!! Just incase you havent been getting the messge ; )

6. MaryJade*Invidious*

MaryJade*Invidious* Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    I second those motions!

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Excellent job on setting up the story Amidolee. I can't wait for more!!

8. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Okay, NOW the X-Men will be coming in! Patience on the whole Toad thing . . .

Chapter Two

The bar was nearly empty at this time of day, and Rogue couldn?t help but think back to a cold day six months ago. Perhaps it was that cold day that left her in a depressed chill even though the sun was shining outside the dark bar. She twirled a broken dart through her fingers as she watched Logan win yet another five bucks from his unlucky opponent. The compact mutant had been in one of those moods today. When Rogue had found him stealing Scott?s bike again, she had begged to come along, knowing she would have miserable time anyway. All she knew was she had to escape Xavier?s mansion. She never left the sanctuary alone, and she knew Logan would protect her.

As she watched him, she could tell he was itching for a fight. He rubbed his knuckles reflexively, and she wondered if he was in pain today. The antemanteim claws pierced his skin every time they unsheathed. With things fairly peaceful on the X-Men front, Logan had not extended his claws or used his strength in some time. When he had stormed out of the mansion, Rogue had concluded that either Scott had irritated him again, or he just wanted to be a grouch.

Needless to say, she almost wished they would return to Winchester. Even six months after the series of battles with the Brotherhood, Rogue was always nervous when away from the mansion. No one knew where they were if anything happened. Logan was practically useless against Magneto.

Rogue sighed and glanced in her glass, seeing only melted ice. Perhaps she should refill her drink, but she hadn?t brought any money with her and she didn?t want to interrupt Logan?s display of brute strength. The truck driver he was arm wrestling with spit on the floor and glared at Logan, whom had just beaten his partner soundly. Logan looked like wolf, Rogue thought. His dark hair was swept up, almost like pointed ears of a wolverine, his side burns cutting low. He was an imposing figure, despite is small and compact stature. She remembered the truck drivers that had threatened her six months ago, and how Logan almost casually beaten them. Then she had sneaked into his trailer, where he later found her and dumped her in the middle of a blizzard in Canada. But he had come back for her, gruff and aloof, but showing a soft side. A smile crossed her lips. No matter how tough me made himself out to be, Logan was just an old softy. She had told him that once, and he had grunted and muttered something incoherent.

**How much longer is he going to keep it up?** she wondered, yawning and glancing at the clock. It didn?t work.

Rogue tore the black gloves protecting her hands and inspected herself. She needed to clip her nails. She only looked at her hands when she was doing schoolwork or by herself. No one saw her hands anymore. The risk of them touching her was too great. The thought sent her back into her depression again.

?Whatcha doin? all alone, pretty one??

Rogue recoiled as the fat truck driver Logan had beaten sat down beside her. He reeked of sweat. She quickly pulled her gloves on and searched the bar for Logan. He was just disappearing into the dirty bathroom. Great. ?I?m not alone,? Rogue replied coolly. Now was a good time to refill her glass. ?Excuse me.?

Picking up the glass and snatching a dollar left on the table from Logan?s masculine match, she hurried to the bar counter. Joe, the bartender, smiled when he saw the dollar in her hand. ?Coke, please,? she said, glancing anxiously towards the closed door of the bathroom. **Hurry up, Logan!**

A bell chimed and Rogue turned with disinterest to see two men enter the bar. One was incredibly tall, with long hair tied back and a graying beard. Sharp blue eyes darted around the bar, and he immediately seemed to relax into the place. The shorter, and far younger companion took everything in with open curiosity. His hair was short-cropped and a long braid hung over his right shoulder. They made an odd pair, she thoug

9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Bring me Mystique!!!!!!!! Have her impersonate one of the Jedi and get them into trouble! Yeah! That would cause alot problems! YEAH! UP UP UP!!

10. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Toad: *looks at screen* Where am I?

I don't know. Amidolee????

11. Darth Predator

Darth Predator Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 1999
    Next post will be soon?

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Obi-Wan couldn?t decide which was more unpleasant, this bar or some of the cantinas on Corellia. The bar was not busy, only dark and smoky. The customers were filthy, except for the girl and lethal-looking man at the bar. The Padawan shifted uncomfortably in the torn booth. He was still getting use to the denim jeans he was wearing and the black T-shirt. Qui-Gon was dressed in similar pants and a white shirt with a blue-checked over shirt. Their Jedi tunics and boots were packed in the tiny trailer that attached to the motorcycle the Alicia Connery woman had supplied for them after dropping them off outside of New York City.

The clothes were comfortable and the some of the scenery was beautiful, but it was all so strange and new to him. Their lightsabers were hidden inside the land vehicle as well, and Obi-Wan wished for the familiar weight on his belt. Even his shoes were different. They were boots, but they laced up, and didn?t reach over his calves.

He did like the motorcycle though. It hadn?t taken him long to get the feel of it, and he quite liked the speed. It was an entirely new sensation to feel the ground below you and travel over it quickly. Qui-Gon had done most of the steering, claiming that it was best to have more weight up front. Obi-Wan secretly suspected he just liked it as much as he did.

Obi-Wan scanned the bar, finding the girl again sitting alone at a small table. She seemed to be taking quite and interest in her hands. It looked like quite odd behavior, but then, he did not know what was odd in this world. She looked about his age, and quite bored. Her clothes were tight-fitting, and covered every inch of her but her face and neck. Around her neck she wore a black scarf. Her shirt was long-sleeved and a deep purple. Long, dark brown hair trailed past her shoulders, a shock of white striking though. He wondered what she would be doing in such a place.

The predator man at the bar downed his drink and inspected the place, then turned and asked for another. No one seemed to really pay attention to the Jedi, whom were in the far booth in the corner.

?Still alone, I see,? a burly man chuckled, sliding a chair beside the girl.

?I?m not alone. Get away,? came the accented reply.

The man just chuckled, tobacco dribbling from a corner of his mouth. ?Your friend?s too drunk. I can take ya home.?

?No thank you,? she replied, pretending to study her nails. While she seemed perfectly calm, her hands had begun to shake and she kept looking back to the bar. She reached for her gloves. ?Excuse me,? she said, pushing off the chair.

?Gettin? another drink??

The girl ignored him and hurried to the bar. She began speaking in low tones to the hairy man. He replied, drawing a look of exasperation from the girl. Then the man turned away from the bar and began walking towards the burly man. Obi-Wan knew a fight coming when he saw it. Qui-Gon tensed beside him, eyes on the scene about to take place.

The Brotherhood will return soon. Patience, of Toad-Lover!

13. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Thank you, Amidolee. I'm guessing that's me, huh? I like it!

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    This may seem a little familiar . . .

?Logan!? Rogue hissed. ?Don?t!?

?You wanted me to take care of it. I?m taking care of it,? came the gruff reply.

Her gloves left on the bar, Rogue hurried after him. ?I can take care of myself. You don?t need to do it for me.?

?You asked for my help. You know what happens.?

She clenched her fists together. ?I can stop you,? she threatened, waving her bared hand around.

Logan smirked. ?Then stop me.?

She could only glare at him. He knew what happened to her when she touched someone. Besides absorbing their energy, she absorbed their memories and thoughts. She still had nightmares that she had extracted from him. Rogue scowled at him. Logan turned, a hungry glint in his eyes as he confronted the truck driver.

The fat man stood up, chopping on his chew and spitting at Logan?s feet.

?You shouldn?t have done that,? Logan said in a soft, threatening voice.

The fat man spit again.

A fist smashed into his face, blood spurted from his nose. An angry cry brought everyone?s attention to the scene. Logan smiled and drew his fist back, ready for another round. The truck driver ducked and suddenly reached out for Rogue.

?DON?T TOUCH ME!? Rogue shrieked, tripping over a chair as she backed away. A rough hand picked her up, and her nostrils filled with the disgusting stench of the driver?s breath. She squirmed and fought, careful to keep her hands away from any skin contact. ?Let me go!?

Logan?s fist paused in mid-air. The fat man was using her as a shield. Rogue?s dark green eyes pleaded with him, her hands trying to fold within her pinned arms. He could almost hear Cyclops? disapproval of how he handled things. He saw Rogue?s head lean away, revulsion paling her face. He took a step forward, backing the man into the wall. Rogue?s eyes widened and she understood. She craned her head and neck away, exposing the man?s dirty neck. Logan let his fist fly, claws shrieking as they were released.

They never made it to the wall.

Logan stared in disbelief as his fist paused just centimeters from the man?s neck, claws only half-extended. He pushed, but his hand only shook from the effort. Rogue was breathing hard, her eyes wide in confusion. The fat man sneered, although no confidence could back him up. Then the man?s arm released Rogue. He stared in disbelief as she fell away, nearly collapsing to the floor. Logan thought fast. Only Magneto could control him this way, but he did not smell him anywhere nearby. Professor X couldn?t be controlling his mind, could he?

The fat man was practically lifted off the ground and moved away from Logan. Then he stopped and sagged against the wall, promptly fainting. Logan felt himself released, and he spun around, finding the two new customers standing outside their booth. They stood, arms at their sides, regarding him neutrally. He did not like this. They smelled different, too. A quick glance at Rogue, and he found her all right. She was still shaking from the attack, but her eyes were focused on the two men, relief and suspicion mixing across her attractive features.

?We?re going,? Logan bit out, snapping Rogue from her stare. She nodded and grabbed her gloves, glancing back several times at the strangers.

?What happened?? she asked as they stepped outside into the afternoon sun.

?Don?t know. Don?t care,? Logan grunted, straddling the black X-Men bike. If anything, Cyclops had a good taste in bikes. When Rogue hesitated, he scowled. ?Well, are ya walking or riding?? He knew the girl feared motorcycles, but she had ridden one today and she might as well get over her fears.

?I?m riding!? Rogue snapped, grabbing the helmet that Logan hadn?t bothered to put on. She pulled her gloves on and swung a leg over the backseat, wrapping her arms around Logan?s waist. She hated riding with him. He rode far too fast and never wore any protection. Sure, he healed quickly, but it would do him any good if he got killed. She glanced back behind her as they s

15. Owe-me-one Perogi

Owe-me-one Perogi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2000
    this story rocks!!!MORE!

Oh!! and they way you are writing it seems like you are going to make a little love connection between Obi-wan and Rogue.

cant wait for more!

16. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    This is great! I think I'll to take time to see the X-Men movie soon.

Another good one, Amidolee

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Yes, yes, see the movie you will!

Owe Me 1: Sigh, does *everyone* think I'm nothing but a mush writer??? ;-) When I did the other Earth/SW one, people kept asking for romance. Actually, Mariah wanted some mush from Toad. Mush. Kinda like the sound he makes when he squishes someone??? ;-) Okay, now I'm just being a dork . . . we'll see . . .

18. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Yeah! That kind of mush! Not the -falling-in-love-and-dieing-in-her-arms mush!
    NO LOVE FOR TOAD!!!! HA HA HA!!!
    Sorry!

19. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    fyi, the metal is adamantium. Yeah, I know, they never *spell* it in the movie. ;)

LOl about the romance thing! You do too good of a job with the Obi and Sabe thing. :D

But, Obi-Wan and Rogue? Well, maybe if it's the muted and sub-dued Rogue from the movie.

But if it's the sassy and strong Rogue from the comics and cartoon, he ain't tough enough for her. You'd have to bring in the nice and dicey bad boy X-man Gambit to spice things up for that. ;)

But I'm under the impression it's a movie thing with the characters.

20. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Yup, it's sticking with the movie. I like the cartoon Rogue a bit better--she was my fav character when I was little. I liked Gambit too, he was such a . . . oh, what's the word? Actually, I think Obi *could* handle the cartoon Rogue. He's not a woose, come on, he DID slice Toad-er, I mean, MAUL up, didn't he?

Thanks for the adamantium thing. I better right the spelling down. I was trying to dig through my brother's comic books to find it, but couldn't seem to come across one that actually had it in there. And he's got my book hidden somewhere . . . I knew I had spelled it wrong, but I was hoping someone would point it out! Thanks!

I *could* bring Jar Jar in! Tongue wars between Toad and Jar Jar . . . er, no, the image is horrible!

21. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    Yes, awesome, goood,GO! I LOVE to see Logan mad ;)
    oooooooh, *shiver*

And PLEASE! Let Toad at least have a personality! I WANT him to fall in love, but hey, it's your story, just... I dunno, put him it. Yeah, that would be nice... :)

22. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    come on come on! post post! up up!

23. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    I *NEED* THIS STORY! Post! SOON! PLEASE!!!! (now would be great :)

24. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    NONONO! KEEP THIS ALIVE!

25. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Traffic is getting heavier in the fan fic board. Doesn't take much time for any story to slide.

UP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.