main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Force of Evolution" X-Men/SW

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Aug 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    If you want to e-mail it to me, sure! :)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Obi-Wan drummed his fingers on the table, trying not to fidget, but getting a little impatient. And hungry. Just moments ago, a stampede of footsteps and the excited and hungry shouts of students had raced by the hall. The had shouted something about pizza arriving. Obi-Wan did not know what pizza was, but it sounded good, and the smells that had been drifting down the hall were quite tempting.

The door suddenly opened, and Professor Xavier wheeled in on a chair-like contraption. Obi-Wan hadn?t noticed the man?s handicap earlier. The bald man smiled. ?Sorry to keep you waiting.?

?Quite all right,? Qui-Gon said smoothly. ?We?ve been enjoying your artwork.?

Xavier smiled, his eyes drifting around the room. ?Yes, it is quite interesting. Many of the students draw emotions from the sculptures, unaware they are merely uncovering their own feelings and fears.?

A moment of silence hung in the air, then the doors opened again. The redhead scientist, her male companion, and Storm entered. Along with the predatory man from the bar. He looked quite peeved. The dark eyes flicked over the Jedi, then rolled in annoyance and turned to Xavier.

The bald man smiled. ?Ah, my X-Men. You have already met Storm. Jean Grey is our scientist, Scott Summers?Cyclops?is our team leader. And this is Logan, code name Wolverine.? He nodded to the Jedi. ?X-Men, this is Qui-Gon Jinn, and Obi-Wan Kenobi. They are visitors, interested in the Mutant Hysteria. Observers.?

?Spies? Magneto?s ?brothers-?? Logan snorted. ?I thought you were intelligent, Professor.?

Xavier smiled. ?I have scanned their minds, Logan. They know nothing of Magneto, but what I have told them.?

Logan rolled his eyes, keeping a careful eye on the strangers. Then he shrugged and sat down in one of the many chairs. He cracked his knuckles. Jean took place beside the professor, Scott and Storm following. Xavier turned back to the Jedi. ?We were discussing Senator Kelly before our Rogue arrived,? he said. Storm wiped her hands off, as if a residue had been left. ?Kelly was mutated artificially by Magneto?s radiation device. Fortunately, he was stopped before he could infect the entire population of New York City and the world leaders. Kelly died from the mutation. One of Magneto?s minions, Mystique, is a shape-shifter. She has taken the form of Kelly. The ?Senator?s? move for Mutant Registration has fallen through. Unfortunately, other?s still lurk in the fear and opportunity his preaching presents.?

**Fear seems to control everything** Obi-Wan thought. Xavier glanced at him and nodded, then turned to his X-Men. ?Mr. Jinn and Kenobi are from another world. The rest of the galaxy, to be exact.? The three glanced at each other, clearly uncertain whether to believe their mentor or not. ?I know it comes as a surprise, but I have contacted British Intelligence, and their story is truth, and their minds show the clarity in their conscience, and I have seen images.? He nodded to Qui-Gon.

?We are known as Jedi Knights,? Qui-Gon said in a clear, calm voice. ?We are known as Guardians of the Peace for the Republic?the central government of the galaxy. It is much like your United States. Explorers discovered Earth roughly two standard years ago?equivalent to your Earth year. They observed your planet?s behavior and government, leaving an invitation with a small faction of government leaders to join the Republic. The invitation was refused, due to the population?s reaction to the knowledge of life beyond Earth. Our British contacts requested we observe the planet?s Mutant Hysteria, and possibly offer a solution.?

?We have only begun our observation,? Obi-Wan said.

?I will introduce you to a few of my students tomorrow,? Xavier said. ?But I trust you are tired from travel. Your student looks ready to faint from hunger. He projects the idea quite well.?

2. Jedi_KnightMariah

Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2000
    Ooooh! Now Obi will MEET Rogue! Where's Toad??????? I LOVE HIM, REMEBER?????

3. MaryJade*Invidious*

MaryJade*Invidious* Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Thanks girl, I like your quote too ;-)

COME ON!!!! WOHOOOOOOO! STORY STORY STORY!

4. Owe-me-one Perogi

Owe-me-one Perogi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2000
    this story was on the 3rd PAGE what is going on its bad enough to be on the 2nd but the 3RD! come on MORE! MORE!! MORE!!!!
    please..

5. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    Hey Amidolee, where's that post?

6. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I apologze for the long delay. We had a lightning storm that just quit a few moments ago. Test Fest (big concert) was canceled, too. Anyway, got my room cleaned, along with my closet. There are times I would really like Threepio around to pick things up!

Long post to make up for it! :)

The dorms housed four students each. Bunk beds lined the walls, and a large bathroom on each end of the halls accommodated several showers, sinks, and toilets. It was a noisy and crowded place in the morning and evening hours. But not for Rogue. She rose early in the morning to shower and change before anyone else came. It became too crowded to risk exposing her skin and brushing against someone. It was after curfew, but the professor had been understanding enough to let her out late.

She brushed her teeth and washed her face. The door opened and a petite figure with short, curly black hair crept in. The yellow jammies with ducks on them identified Jubilee.

?Hey.?

?Ahh,? Rogue replied, spitting toothpaste down the sink. She rinsed her mouth and dabbed the towel over her lips. ?What are you doing here??

The younger girl shrugged. ?You were awfully quiet tonight. What gives??

?Stuff.? Rogue gathered her toiletries and turned from the mirror, pulling the white hood of her nightgown over her hair.

Jubilee studied her nails, which were a vibrate shade of orange tonight. The teenager possessed the power to generate energy from her hands. She could often be the cause of mechanical malfunction. Rogue yawned. ?Well, I?m going to bed. Night.?

?I?m comin?,? Jubilee muttered, hopping off the bench. ?Just wondering if you wanted to talk or something. You?ve been depressing lately.?

?Thanks,? Rogue said a bit more sarcastically then attended. She smiled, thinking a little of Logan was beginning to rub off of her. Wouldn?t that be horrifying? The dorm hall was quiet and Rogue padded barefooted to her dorm, hearing Jubilee run down to hers. The girl hadn?t learned the advantages of subtlety yet.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The guest rooms were comfortably furnished. Obi-Wan?s room was connected to Qui-Gon?s. After the delicious four-course meal, Obi-Wan was ready to let his mind slow and get some sleep. Yesterday?s day in the air, then today spent on the motorcycle was quite tiring. Along with all of the new knowledge of Earth and the genetic evolution of these so-called mutants. The dinner had been slightly awkward, but Jean Grey had proved quite interested in what the Jedi had to say. It was obvious the X-Men were still suspicious, especially the called Wolverine, but they seemed eager to prove their cause.

Obi-Wan opened the door to the bathroom, anticipating perhaps a relaxing shower. He paused and hesitated, glancing around the pristine ?bathroom?. A bowl-like contraption stuck out from the wall. A mirror hung above a sink with strange handles jutting out from the top. A tub of sorts lay against one wall, a faucet sticking from the bottom and one further up the wall. ?Master??

?Yes, Padawan?? Qui-Gon came into the room. His eyebrows shot up. ?I see.?

?What is all of this? I mean, that?s a sink, I suspect. And perhaps that is the shower. But what is the bowl??

?A latrine perhaps??

The Jedi studied the bowl. It was more than a bowl. A squared appendage attached the bowel to the wall, a lid capping the top. The bowl also had a lid, a wide leg holding it from the floor. A button sat in the left corner of the appendage. Obi-Wan lifted the lid uncertainly, frowning as he studied the still water filling the base of the bowel. It looked vaguely familiar. ?I?m guessing it?s purpose. It is comforting to know they ?do- provide functional means.?

Qui-Gon smiled understandingly, then turned to the sink. The letter H sat on the left, while the letter C sat on the right. He fingered the handles. At his touch, water spouted from the faucet. ?Oh. Sink works.?

Obi-Wan began an inspection of the possible shower. It was far more complicated than the sonic s

7. Darth Anakin 83

Darth Anakin 83 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2000
    Great Chapter! Keep it coming. :D

8. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!

more more more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    hhahahahaha!!!!!!!1
    blue hot red cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    aaaaaahahahahahaha!

and you know I love my Obi just like that... in a towel ;-)

10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Can't you just picture the two dignified Jedi Knights inspecting a toilet like it was a broken hyperdrive??? :-D I was laughing so hard when I pictured it. Too much caffine!

11. Darth Anakin 83

Feb 15, 2000
    I was laughing about that too. And the joke Obi-wan played on Qui-Gonn. :D

12. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Uh-oh!!! Obi's gonna get it!!!

13. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    Thanks for telling us about Toad! I would be waiting forever if you didn't!
    Good luck if you *do* try to get something done. (Like you'll need it? ; )

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Exceptional posts, Amidolee. I thought their inspection of the toilet was inspired and hilarious!

And I'm sure QuiGon will now be wary of 'relying' on Obi-Wan.

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Chapter Four

-Rogue-

Many of the students had grown used to hearing another voice in their head. Rogue stirred and opened her eyes. The shades were drawn shut over the dorm window, but a gray light signaled morning. She rubbed her eyes and sat up, looking down at the floor and the girl sleeping in the bottom bunk. Kristina?s powers were the ability to camouflage herself with her surroundings. Right now, her skin was the same gray/blue of her blankets. Rogue hopped down and glanced around at the other sleeping students. They were used to her waking early and wouldn?t give it a second thought.

Stifling a yawn, Rogue pulled her clothes out from her trunk, selecting a green short-sleeved shirt, black pants, a black scarf, and her long black gloves. The gloves nearly reached her shirt sleeves, specially designed for her. Then she pulled her boots on and headed out of the dorm.

**Professor?**

**Kitchen**

Rogue yawned again and stepped into the elevator. Then she got off on the first level, walking down the long hallway to the kitchen/lobby room where the professor usually spent his mornings with either students or the X-Men. When she opened the door, she found the room empty except for Professor X. A nervous twinge pinched her stomach. Was she in more trouble than she had thought?

?Good morning, Rogue,? Xavier greeted cheerfully. He wheeled his chair up to the circular table in the center of the room. An assortment of juice, toast, donuts, and cereal was laid out. The room was cheerful enough. White walls and blue carpet. The sink, cupboards, and refrigerator was white as well. The knobs of the cupboards were blue, as was the chairs at the table. ?Go ahead and eat.?

Rogue nodded and sat down, eyeing the food as she considered what would appease her more. She finally decided on a glazed donut and some grape juice. ?Did you want to talk to me, professor??

?Yes, Rogue,? said Xavier. He studied the teenager for a moment, his mind picking up her worries and emotions. ?I?ve noticed your sadness of late. Perhaps you feel left out, your powers having no progress in control, while your friends find satisfaction in finding their own potential.?

Rogue stared down at her donut and nodded glumly. It was hard to watch Jubilee control her fireworks, Bobby make ice roses with his hands, and all of the other students progress. What was her power really?besides hurting others and stealing their lives?

?You are special, Rogue,? Xavier said gently. ?Your power is perhaps the least-wanted, which is quite understandable. It will take some time before we can fully understand them.? He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. ?Perhaps a break is needed. Something to let you focus on other things.?

Rogue looked up, curious as to what the professor had in mind.

?Our visitors, you recognized them. They remember you from the bar. They did not give detail, but Logan pointed out they have powers. He believes they are part of the Brotherhood.? Xavier smiled and shook his head. ?They are not. They are ambassadors from other reaches of the galaxy.?

Rogue?s eyes widened, and she was sure her mouth had fallen wide open.

Xavier smiled again. ?Yes, quite a surprise, isn?t it? Their story is true. They will be observing the school, and perhaps outside as well. You could introduce the boy around, show him what teenagers do and how your powers effect you. It should be interesting, don?t you think??

?They?re from outer space??

?Yes. Apparently there is a wide variety of species out there. Perhaps you could ask them about it,? Xavier encouraged.

Rogue shrugged, finding it very hard to concentrate on her donut.

16. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
  17. Darth Anakin 83

Feb 15, 2000
    Keep it up! :D

18. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

ONE CHAPTER AWAY FROM CHAPTER 5!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way, I loved chapter 4. Man, woudn't it be nice if *I* could make ice roses.... *sigh*

19. JEDIMASTERYU

JEDIMASTERYU Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 11, 2000
    (Speechless)

MORE!

20. MaryJade*Invidious*

Apr 18, 2000
    yeah yeah yeah! more more more!

21. Owe-me-one Perogi

Owe-me-one Perogi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2000
    MMOOORRREEE!!!!! C:)

22. Jedi_KnightMariah

Aug 6, 2000
    You never stop amazing me, Amidolee! I will be waiting for Toad. (of course)

23. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Hey! Back to the top!

24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Obi-Wan stretched luxuriously in the large bed. He had slept well, his young mind exhausted from all of the information absorbed in the past couple of days. He rolled over and opened his eyes, frowning slightly at the glass window. It was morning, early, but later than he usually arose. A quick check through the Force showed Qui-Gon was waking up as well.

The boy climbed out of bed and stretched again. He pulled on his one of his Jedi tunics, smiling a little how well they went with the gray shorts. Soft clinking from the bathroom signaled Qui-Gon?s morning ritual. Obi-Wan ran a hand through his spiky hair and wondered what he should dress in. Being back in his old Jedi tunics was comforting, but they should probably stick to the earthling clothes. The apprentice sifted through the small suitcase, inspecting the clothes Alicia had provided. Jeans and a white T-shirt dark blue T-shirt. He noticed none of his shirts were decorated with logos across them. He had seen many teenagers wearing some rather bizarre shirts and wondered absently why his were so plain. **Probably so ?I- don?t become confused**

Obi-Wan was pulling his boots on when a timid knock sounded at his door. He hopped off the bed and crossed the room. When he answered the door, he was surprised to see the brown and white-haired girl. ?Yes? Can I help you?? he asked politely.

The girl licked her lips nervously, the mistrust still shimmering in her dark eyes. ?Um, the professor told me to show you around. Take you to classes, I think.?

?He did? Okay, hold on,? Obi-Wan turned, leaving the door open. He hurried to the bathroom and knocked. Qui-Gon answered and he peeked in. ?Master, the professor wants me to attend some classes with the students today. Is that all right??

?Go on, Padawan. It is safe here.?

Obi-Wan trotted back. ?Is there anything I need??

The girl frowned. ?Um, no. I guess not. Come on.?

Obi-Wan shut the door behind him and followed her down the hall. Her nervousness had not eased even a trifle. She kept a pace in front of him, practically walking on the other side of the hall. He quickened his pace. ?I?m Obi-Wan Kenobi,? he said politely, hoping to ease her a little.

?Oh. I?m Rogue,? she answered. She darted a quick look at him. ?Is it true what the professor said? That you?re an alien??

?Of this planet, yes,? Obi-Wan said. He had her talking at least.

?Oh.? Rogue paused by the elevator. It opened and she stepped in, hugging the opposite wall. It was hard to tell whether this Obi-Wan character noticed her edginess or not. He seemed nice enough, but it was just too bizarre to be talking to someone that was from well . . . not Earth. She didn?t want to be too close, afraid he might be dangerous or give her some disease.

Like everyone acted around mutants.

**I acted just like ?them-!** Rogue blushed furiously, angry with herself for even acting the slightest prejudice. She was treating this person just like others had treated her and other mutants. She was instantly ashamed and studied the floor. ?Sorry,? she mumbled, studying her black boots.

?For what??

?For acting like you were contagious or something,? Rogue said, feeling her cheeks flame again. ?I know what it?s like when people do that. I don?t like it. I didn?t mean to. It?s just that??

?You?re afraid of what you don?t understand,? Obi-Wan said gently. ?Don?t worry about it. I suppose I would act the same way, if I was in your position.?

?Oh.? Rogue gave a shy smile, suddenly not quite so afraid of him. The elevator doors opened onto the first level. The halls were crowded with the students hurrying to breakfast in the large mess hall. It was always a busy time in the morning, the students were either grouchy or eager to start the day. ?Um, the professor just told me to sort of show you around. I guess you can do my homework for me . . . I?m sure that?s what he meant.?

Obi-Wan grinned at her, chuckling a little. Rogue smiled, feeling the last of her ner

25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.