main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Force That Binds Ep I: Knightshift (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, ocs) *COMPLETED* Downloadable chapters!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by spiritgurl, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChristmasKenobi

ChristmasKenobi Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2003
    Well I do have this picture of him in my mind. So since we are talking about him in santa hats etc I thought I would share it with you.

Think santa hat, Santa jacket unbutton, and santa pants. :D Think dream from there.

2. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    If only I could find him under the tree on Xmas morn...*sigh*

sg

3. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    ~HAVE A VERY MARRY SCARY CHRISTMAS ALL~

4. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Thanks Jenny. :) Yes. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Holiday season.

sg

5. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Here's a lil Xmas present for my readers, click HERE for an image of Nahlia (or the actress I've cast as Nahlia) & Obi-Wan or go to my bio page to see it.

Merry Christmas!

sg

6. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    That's pretty much how I pictured her.....

Good job with the update, and merry Christmas. :)

7. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Thanks, Merry Christmas to you too. :)

The actress is Rachael Leigh Cook btw, I forgot to say before.

sg

8. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Wow. I missed a lot. Can't wait to see what happens next. I hope Qui-Gon is out looking for Obi.

9. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Definitely. ;)

And thanks. I'm going to try and have another chapter done this weekend.

sg

10. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Sorry it took me a bit longer for this one. Hope you like it. And HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D

Chapter 14

"Not bad... not bad..." Venu muttered to himself, pleased as he examined Nahlia in her new costume.

Nahlia was far less pleased with the outfit the droids had put together for her. Her blouse consisted of a bit of bright yellow triangular material which left most of her back and midriff in the open. This would have been fine, as she was confident she had a good figure, but this combined with the very low cut and quite translucent pink fabric of her skirt made her feel nearly naked as she looked at herself in the mirror. "What exactly am I dressed like this for?"

"Picture this," Venu pointed to Obi-Wan now facing them in his chair. "A gallant young Jedi, pure, chaste, completely innocent in the ways of love and... sex..." he whispered in her ear lewdly, "He travels to the deepest depths of Coruscant on a mission of mercy. There he meets you... the temptress... the tramp... the good time girl, if you will..."

"I am not a tramp!" Nahlia suddenly felt even more exposed. "Or a good time girl!"

"Of course not, dear." Venu gave her shoulder a few condescending pats. "Now, as I was saying, the Jedi is caught in your spell... like a swatti in a veranchi's web... he is seduced by you..." He remained oblivious to the uneasy looks Obi-Wan and Nahlia exchanged as he explained. "It is this moment that I wish to capture in my art." Venu went silent for a moment as he poured over Nahlia's appearance again. He frowned abruptly. "But not with that hair. TF159!" He shouted over to the droid with the triangular head. "I'd like something different with her hair, brown is just so blase, you know? Let's have a look at the wigs. Maybe something chartreuse? Or magenta, perhaps?" He put his arm around the droid and they headed towards the other end of the wardrobe room. "And it must be long and flowing... yes, definitely long and flowing..."

Nahlia and Obi-Wan both shot their cyborg guard Diora an odd look. She simply shrugged it off. "He's a freak, but the pay is good."

Qui-Gon Jinn was clearly exhausted as he met with the Jedi Council that evening. He had been out searching for his missing Padawan since the night before without finding a single clue as to where he had gone. "I refuse to believe he has deserted. Obi-Wan is committed to the Order. He has worked hard towards becoming a Jedi Knight."

Mace and Yoda exchanged a skeptical look - as Mace had been made aware of Obi-Wan's recent connection to a certain young waitress. Still, Mace thought, the entire Council didn't need to know this, not yet anyway. "You believe that someone has kidnapped him, then?"

"I think it is entirely possible, yes." Qui-Gon chose to ignore the Council members' lack of faith. He knew Obi-Wan better than any of them. Even Yoda. A Jedi was what Obi-Wan was meant to be, all he dreamed of being, and an infatuation with some girl from lower Coruscant wouldn't change that. "I believe that whoever has been abducting citizens, including Senator Fantui's daughter, may have taken Obi-Wan as well."

"Marae Fantui?" Yoda asked - his ears picking up in surprise. "Heard, you have not?"

"No, I have been away, looking for Obi-Wan. Heard what, Masters?" Qui-Gon asked. "Has she been found then?"

"In a way..." Mace explained sadly. "She is dead."

Qui-Gon let the words sink in a moment. "Dead?"

"We just got word of it an hour ago," Mace continued. "She was a victim of a bizarre plot. The girl was sealed inside of a mysterious substance that made her appear to be a lifelike statue. She was then delivered back to her father's home. The Senator was so upset when he saw her, thinking it was some kind of cruel prank, he ordered the statue destroyed. By the time his servants realized that Marae was actually inside, it was too late."

In shock, Qui-Gon just stood there silently and nodded. The Senator, like many in the R

11. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    If the Council could see the way he is acting right he would be kicked out. Now if it were only me instead... [face_love]
    *stares at computer screen in a dreamy trance*

Oh, and the costumes are pretty. :D

12. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Thanks, yeah making up dolls has been sort of helpful for me to figure out different outfits for Nahlia.

Poor Obi, he knows not the effect he has on us ladies...*sigh*

sg

13. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    good work. That part of not believing he''s a Jedi if he didn't have a lightsaber was interesting.

14. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003

Well, he had to get his lightsaber back somehow, didn't he? And without using the force too. I was glad I was able to figure out a way to do that that made sense (I hope). I mean, a lightsaber is a symbol of a Jedi Knight SO a statue that is supposed to represent a Jedi wouldn't seem right without a Jedi's weapon, would it? ;) And of course Venu is rather arrogant and a perfectionist with his art, so he falls right into Obi's trap. ;)

sg

15. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Finally updated :D

16. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    And of course Venu is rather arrogant and a perfectionist with his art, so he falls right into Obi's trap.

I find it believeable - artists are weird like that. ;)

17. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Jenny - sorry it took so long, I'll try to be better with this next one.

Jedi Hood - Good. Glad that didn't seem a stretch. In this story, Venu is played by Alan Cumming by the way (not a stranger to the whacky villian role ;) ) I can just picture him having a whacky villian tantrum right here... lol

"That's right. I am your employer, the provider of your credits - a great many credits at that - and I say I simply cannot have a Jedi without a lightsaber. I mean, that would be positively ludicrous!" Venu shouted. "What kind of fool do you take me for? I cannot make a realistic piece about the illicit seduction of an unsullied guardian of the Galaxy without a lightsaber!"

sg

18. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Alan Cumming? The name's not famiiar - what was he in?

19. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
  20. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Ahh, okay - I've seen him in other stuff.

21. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Chapter 15 (yes already, I wouldn't expect the next one until next weekend though.)

Nahlia and Obi-Wan remained in a close pose as the long white cylinder just above them began to lower. Venu watched from a safe distance behind his console, while his employees Diora and Volacca kept their blasters at the ready. "Remember, no moving!" Venu warned. "This is not something you want to go through twice."

As the cylinder lowered slowly and began to surround them, Obi-Wan eyed a statue of a small reptilian creature nearby. Just a half hour before it had been Venu's test subject for his machine as he had wanted to be sure that everything was in perfect working order before using it on Obi-Wan and Nahlia. Though Obi-Wan felt pity for the frightened creature, he also was grateful that careful observance of the process had given Obi-Wan all the information he needed.

"Obi-Wan," Nahlia whispered, her lips less than an inch from his, "if you can get out of this, then do it. Don't worry about me."

Obi-Wan renewed his attention on the girl in his arms. "I will not abandon you."

"You may have to." She said grimly. "I know you are holding back to protect me but it's not worth it for you to let them do this to you, for me. You hardly know me... and you have your whole life ahead of you."

"So do you." Obi-Wan insisted.

'If you only knew...' She thought sadly.

The sound of the cylinder sealing closed into the platform made them both jump. "We haven't much time." Obi-Wan kneeled down in the cramped space they were in - his face now at Nahlia's waist. "Get ready to wrap yourself around me."

"P-pardon?" Nahlia asked - shocked by the request.

Obi-Wan ignited his lightsaber and proceeded to use it to burn through the floor of the platform. "There is a drain below us, I noticed it when Venu used that creature as a test subject." He explained as he worked feverishly. "Precisely 30 seconds after the cylinder seals, the liquid hydracyclophene is released over the subject, then grating opens up around here to remove the excess. Now if I can just cut through the floor, we can escape through the drain. It may be quite a ride though, that's why you'll need to hang onto me tightly."

"Oh! Oh, of course..." She observed him cutting the floor in a circular pattern around them. He was getting close, only a few more inches. "B-but if you cut through the floor like that isn't it just going to fall out from under-" Nahlia screamed as she felt the floor giving way underneath her. Swiftly, Obi-Wan disengaged his lightsaber and snatched her around the waist as they plummeted downward into the deep dark hole.

"Did you hear that?" Diora anxiously watched the long white cylinder.

"Hear what?" Volacca shrugged.

"Screaming." Diora continued listening carefully as the screaming seemed further and further away.

"Who? The Jedi?" Volacca perked up. "Please tell me the Jedi was screaming and begging. That would just make my day."

"No, it was her." Diora's cybernetic ear made her much more aware of the sounds around her than her companions. "Just before that there was a humming... his lightsaber!" She turned her attention back to Venu - shouting urgently. "They're escaping!"

"AAAAAAAAHHHH!" Nahlia screamed and clutched Obi-Wan tightly to her chest as they slid down the seemingly bottomless drain.

"Calm down, Nahlia!" Obi-Wan attempted to shout over her screams and her bosoms with little success. "I can't see where we're going!"

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!" Nahlia pressed her eyelids tightly shut - terrified of what may lie in the darkness ahead of them. Moments later, they flew out of the drain and into the air - landing into a body of water with a huge splash. "AAAAAAH!" She continued screaming and clutching Obi-Wan.

"Nahlia, it's all right! Calm yourself!" He was relieved when she finally quieted down and took in their new day

22. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    FIRST REPLY!!!

Nahlia is having dirty thoughts. Jedi don't do those things. ;)

23. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    lol! Yes but can you blame her?! ;)

sg

24. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    no other replies yet? *pouts*

Everybody must be busy I guess. :( Well, bumping this up and letting anyone reading know that I've got a thread going in the Writer's Resource forum that is looking for some feedback/opinions on something in relation to the next Episode of this story. Obviously the thread is a little bit spoilery but I'll be keeping that to a minimum on my part... :p Go HERE

sg

25. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.