main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Force That Binds Ep I: Knightshift (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, ocs) *COMPLETED* Downloadable chapters!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by spiritgurl, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Thanks for the pms. I am reading as fast as I can. I work at a CPA firm, so it will take some time to read and reply. I'm printing out posts to read and so that I can make notes and reply when I can. So please keep me on your list. Thanks

2. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    No problem. Glad you're still reading. :)

sg

3. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO THERE GETTING AWAY HURRY RUN RUN!!!!

4. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Great job, especially with the interplay between the characters.

5. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    I just spent half the night reading this, great story and good luck in the awards.

6. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Jenny - :D
    Jedi Hood - thanks, I want the relationships between the characters to make sense and be fairly real (even though this is a fantasy world), it sounds like it's working so far.
    _3MD_PsychoSniper - Up half the night reading! What a compliment! :D Thanks!

sg

7. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I liked the fast paced dialogue in Chapter 15. Keep up the good work!

8. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    I woulda been up all night anyway, but at least this way I didnt have to put up with lots o popups.

9. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Thanks Keeper! :)

3MDPS - yeah that little pop up that keeps coming up on this board is a tad annoying but then again I've been to boards that are FAR worse (Ezboard for instance).

Did anyone else want to be on the PM/email update list btw?

sg

10. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Hi,

I just added to that planning thread for Episode II some more questions I need help with, part has to do with "casting" for the episode, and another has to do with Nahlia's job (should she stay a waitress or do something else?) Please post responses HERE or in this thread.

Thanks,

sg

11. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Yeah fell free 2 PM me.

I only have occasional popup problems since I have a popup blocker, but it accadently turned off that night and I didnt realize it.

12. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    So this board has pop-ups? I guess it helps to have a pop-up blocker. [face_devil] Sure, wouldn't mind getting a PM.

13. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Uppers.

And I wasnt reffering to this board about the popups.

14. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Here's Chapter 16!

Diora and Volacca dove their swoop bikes down into the forest and zipped between the trees. "Do you see them?!" Diora shouted over her communicator. "The monitor says we've passed them." She slowed down, making a U-turn around the thick trunk of a tree, with Volacca not far behind. She carefully followed the tracking monitor - backtracking. Diora stopped abruptly and leapt off of her bike. "SITH!" She picked up Obi-Wan's thin black force collar from the leaf litter. "He cut it off!" She cursed again. "SITH!"

Volacca looked around cautiously at the array of trees, bushes, and large rocks all around them. "You think he's still nearby?"

Diora fingered the severed part of the collar. "The cut's still warm." She took her blaster out and began to look evidence where her quarry had gone. "They can't be far."

"Check this out." Volacca pointed down at the ground. There two sets of humanoid footprints showed in what direction their quarry had fled.

Nahlia held Obi-Wan's hand tightly as he led her through the forest and away from danger. "Your lightsaber is working..." She asked breathlessly as they ran. "C-can't you fight them now?"

"Not yet." He stopped to let her catch her breath while he looked around. "It was only charged enough to cut that collar off, it wouldn't last long in a fight..." They would be tracked easily by their footprints if he didn't figure out a way to disguise their trail. Obi-Wan detected the sound of rushing water not far away and took her hand again. "Come on, I have an idea."

Volacca stepped to the edge of a raging river. "The prints end here. They must have crossed... or gone down stream."

"Great." Diora sighed. She scanned the tree line on the other side of the water for evidence of movement but none could be found. Unknown to them, underwater and only about twenty-five feet away, Obi-Wan hung onto a rock with one hand as he held onto Nahlia with the other.

Obi-Wan held his breath and kept an eye on the water's surface. He could sense they were up there now, searching. Nahlia watched as well as she clung to him. Just a few minutes before, she had protested that she still didn't know how to swim. His response was that she didn't need to and he handed her the aquata breather from one of the pouches on his belt. This left Obi-Wan with no breather, but he didn't seem concerned. He simply took a deep breath and held it as they dove beneath the water.

'How can he hold his breath this long?' She turned her attention away from the light of the surface and back onto Obi-Wan's face. His eyes were closed now. He was completely still except for his robe and Padawan braid waving in the river's flow. Concerned, she touched his chin to check on him. Obi-Wan's meditation state immediately broke and his eyes quickly opened . He recognized the worried look on Nahlia's face. Unable to reassure her any other way, a small smile came across his lips and he gave her a confident wink.

Back on the surface, at the edge of the river, Diora Dega let out an annoyed huff. "The boss is going to have a conniption."

"And that's unusual?" Volacca snorted.

"We'll send out the surveyor droids to track them down." She stepped away from the water and began to walk towards their parked swoop bikes. "In the meantime, I'll have to come up with a strategy for capturing the Jedi again, he's far more dangerous now."

Obi-Wan watched Nahlia tending to her bare feet as she sat on a rock. They had walked most of the day, stopping only for short breaks. Although Nahlia had lost her shoes in the water and she was clearly exhausted, she never complained. This impressed Obi-Wan greatly. He didn't expect someone not raised as a Jedi, a city girl from Coruscant especially, to have such fortitude or such faith in him. Even Qui-Gon, i

15. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Ohh, first reply

Great post SG, and we fianly know how she dies, or do we.......

16. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    thanks, :)

I debated dragging that out much more but it's already been dragged out for 16 chapters (and almost 5 months?! Holy moly have I been writing this that long?! Time flies!)

sg

17. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I get the feeling there is going to be a great fight scene coming up. And maybe some good Obi angst. [face_devil]

18. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    among other things... [face_devil]

sg

19. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Interesting - answers a few questions about Nahlia.

20. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    mmhm. Now you know why she was so upset when Yoda read her future... as well as how her mother died...

sg

21. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Also, I was playing around the other day and made a new Obi/Nahlia image now in my profile (replacing the old one)

sg

22. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  23. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Now you know why she was so upset when Yoda read her future...

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting something like that.

24. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Hey! Found this courtesy of the WFFA excerpts thread, and I really like it so far :) Nahlia's a sweetie, and Obi-Wan, well, hehehe [face_love] (of course) I'm looking forward to Ep 2, and I hope somebody gives Qui-Gon a whack upside the head :D

25. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ~Whacks quigon upside the head~ ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.