main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Force That Binds Ep I: Knightshift (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, ocs) *COMPLETED* Downloadable chapters!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by spiritgurl, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    well you already know that he didnt give in at *that* moment... whether or not he'll give in later has yet to be seen. ;)

2. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    The suspense is killing me. ;)

3. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    _____/\_____
    ____/__\____
    ___/____\___
    __/______\__
    _/________\_
    /__________\
    ____| |_____
    ____| |_____
    ____| |_____
    ____| |_____
    ____| |_____

4. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    I'm reminded of this saying:

It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it?s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn?t. Because they were holding on to something."

5. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    awww... I love Sam. Such a cute lil hobbit. :)

sg

6. Jasa_Solo

Jasa_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2003
  7. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    *tosses a bucket of cold water on self*

sg

8. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    okay chapter 18 is just awaiting mod approval... which will hopefully be soon. In the meantime I did some housekeeping with the chapters and re copy and pasted to fix a few spelling issues. I also tweaked the last chapter a bit but nothing big.

sg

9. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    *sigh* still nothing from the mods. :(

FYI, I have both the Rated R (think steamy romance novel) and Pg-13 versions (or what I see as PG-13) of Chapter 18 up on my website right now. PM me if you can't wait for it to be posted here and need the link. :D If you do go over there to read it please try to remember to post here about it after the chapter gets approved or you can email or PM me with comments. Hopefully I'll hear from the mods soon.

Please try not to post anything "spoilery" here though until the chapter has been posted here. ;)

sg

10. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Chapter 18 :D

warning! This part is steamy!

Obi-Wan tightened his arms around Nahlia's waist as he returned the passion of her hot deep kisses. Nahlia kept her arms around his shoulders - lightly stroking his neck and bare back. He matched the motions of her lips with his own - even with his lack of experience, it seemed so natural to him to be with her like this, almost second nature. And it was all so familiar, like he'd kissed her this way so many times before. Or was he remembering something that hadn't happened yet?

Suddenly recalling what his Master had told him, he tried to pull his head up and away from her - whacking his head on the low ceiling again. This time his yelp of momentary pain was muffled by Nahlia's lips. "Mmmm... Nahlia..." He gasped out between kisses. "Nahlia..."

"Yes?" She panted.

He rubbed at the bump on the back of his head. "I'm not so sure we should be here like this..."

"You're right," She directed him over to the bed. "Come sit down..."

"All right." relieved, Obi-Wan sat on the end of the bed. "Glad you see it my w-" Before he could finish, Nahlia was in his lap kissing him again. "Nahlia... I-mmph... I just don't think..."

Nahlia held his face as she pleaded, "Don't think... feel." then continued kissing him urgently. Her legs intertwined with his as he held her close to his body. Feeling the heat of her lips and breath on his neck, Obi-Wan almost absentmindedly began to caress her outer thigh.

"Nahlia..." Obi-Wan found the soft, sweet, kisses just below his ear intoxicating. "Uh... what was I going to say?"

Nahlia blew in his ear lightly causing him to shudder briefly from the pleasure of it. She then whispered to him sultrily. "Come lay with me..."

"I don't think I was going to say that." He tilted his head while enjoying the sensation of her nibbling on his ear. "I'm not all that tired at the moment."

"Good," She heaved. "Neither am I..." Nahlia reunited her lips with Obi-Wan's again in a soul kiss. Hearing an approving murmur escape his mouth as they kissed, she began to push him gently back onto the miniature bed. There they lay on their sides kissing deeply. He picked himself up on one elbow and pulled her closer still. There was something building up inside him, he'd never felt before. Every touch, every kiss, caused it to pent more and more, until he could barely breath, until he ached to release this feeling.

Just then, the Padawan braid, dangling from behind his right ear, brushed against his face. The orange bead half way down seemed to stare at him accusingly. Obi-Wan abruptly pulled away from Nahlia.

Confused, Nahlia watched him a moment, his head in his hands as he sat hunched over at the end of the bed. "You've really never done this before, have you?"

"No." Obi-Wan finally lowered his hands and looked back at her - clearly torn.

"Don't you want to?" She slid herself down to the end to sit next to him.

Obi-Wan stared at her, broadcasting with his blue-green eyes to her all that he was desperately trying to hold back. "You have no idea how much..."

"Then why don't you?" She asked quietly. "You said yourself, it's not forbidden."

He pulled his eyes from her again, and thought of his master Qui-Gon Jinn. "I wasn't supposed to see you again..."

"Did he tell you why?"

Obi-Wan sighed, running the events of the past few days over and over in his head. He had been trying to deny his feelings for her, both to his master and to himself. "He knew that I was falling in love with you... even before I knew..." Then the vision that morning had awakened a feeling in him more deep and pure than he thought was possible. But there was also fear that all that he had worked for was not to be. That perhaps, he was not the man he thought he was. Perhaps he was not to be a Jedi Knight. This is what Qui-Gon was concerned about as he saw Obi-Wan grow closer to her.

Nahlia sat silently beside him as what he had said sunk in. Her heart fell. "Are you forbidden to love?"

11. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Ohh, good post

and what guy WOULDNT!!!!!!!

(except maybe Yoda, who even the mind trick wouldnt get her to say yes to...)

12. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Thanks :) Obi did put up a good fight though, didn't he? lol

I'm really happy about the way this post came out. Not just because of the mush but because of the dialogue in between. I had to give that a lot of thought and make sure it made sense for the characters. I also didn't want it to be totally drippy. And I wanted to keep the characters integrity, and not go against Obi's character. He still wants to be a Jedi and that's what he's struggling with. And I didn't want Nahlia to come off as some "good time girl", if you know what I mean, so I wanted to show that there was more going on with her than that.

Only 1 more post to go in this Episode! (and possibly an epilogue but we'll see...)

sg

13. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    *bump*

edit:nevermind :)

sg

14. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Whoa baby, SHE'S SO LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    "In my experience, there is no such thing as 'luck'." ;)

oh, and I've added a question to the Preparation for Episode II thread for those interested.

And if there is any questions about the leading up dialogue, feel free to ask. I am prepared to explain further. :)

sg

16. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    This gets better and better. And I agree with you that the dialogue came out very well - the best in the story so far, I think.

17. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Thanks Jedi_Hood. That makes me feel good. :)

I was nervous when I posted since declaration of love scenes can be hard to write without being syrupy or forced. Plus I was worried that the logic going on here would be disagreed with. I mean, yes, I'm aware that the EU has another "Code" but I'm more concerned with what the movieverse says for this story. And since in AOTC Anakin does not tell Padme that "love" (romantic or otherwise) is forbidden, he tells her "attachment" and "possession" are forbidden, that's what I'm going with. :) I'm going to assume GL isn't having him lie to her there (and thereby wreck the love story part). So to me, in the movieverse and this story, love and sex are not "technically" forbidden and therefore Obi-Wan is not "technically" breaking his code. (though again, they are "frowned upon" so don't tell Qui-Gon or Yoda what you just read here, okay? ;) )

sg

PS: and yes I have looked up "attachment" in the dictionary and know it can also mean endearment or fond regard but I'm going more with the "something that binds one thing to another" as in a marriage or vowing one's life to another person or cause as the meaning of attachment here. I mean, seemed pretty clear in PM that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had "fond regard" for each other so that must not be what's forbidden. ;)

18. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Did anybody pick up on the "Don't think... feel." line? ;) It tickled me to have her spout that particular Jedi philosophy right at that moment. [face_devil]

sg

19. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Heh, yeah I caught it.

20. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
  21. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    FYI, version 2.0 of the Coruscant Girl website is now up, I was going to wait until Episode II was ready but the revamping bug bit me and I couldn't wait. Impatient as I am. Not much added, a few things changed around, more pictures, different layout, an FAQ page, blah, blah, blah... PM me if you need the addy again. :)

And now back to work on Chapter 19. :D

sg

22. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Hey, it's hot in here! *fans self* :D

I agree about the dialogue--I caught the "don't think" line and thought it was great :) I'm impressed with how Nahlia's handling all this. She has no idea what her life will be like after Obi-Wan returns to the Temple and his normal life as a Jedi, but all she wants right now is to love him. [face_love]

23. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Can ya blame her? *sigh* [face_love]

Thanks again, I really wanted that scene to work and sounds like it does. Now I've got some other tough scenes to do in this next chapter that will hopefully turn out just as well. *crosses fingers*

sg

24. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    I was almost worried I would have to cut this piece off right when he stops her at the door and kisses her (because of the goings on after that) but I'm glad I didn't have to because there was important stuff going on betwix the mush. ;)

Such as Nahlia asking if he's sure and taking it slower with him in contrast to before - this reinforces the selfless love idea and that if it wasn't all right with him she would stop.

The bit about the Preventative is important also, because I wanted to show that they were acting responsibly (as Obi-Wan is likely to want to do). And the bit about her having had other lovers before him and his reaction was important again to reinforce the selfless/non possessive love thing. For this to work, he has to have the same frame of mind that he loves her but does not possess her, and if she were to leave him for another, he would have to be willing to let her go for her own happiness (think Han in ROTJ, btw) just as she was willing to let him go in this chapter. Not that I'm saying that's going to happen, that's just the state of mind that I wanted them to come across as having to reinforce the love w/out possession point. Told ya I had to give this alot of thought. :)

And the part where he's getting frustrated with her nightdress was just plain fun. [face_devil]

sg

25. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    *stays far enough ahead of DRL to read chapter*
    Wow.
    *runs off to read the rest of the chapter on the website*
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.