main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Force, the Chosen One, Balance, and the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Immortiss, Aug 26, 2013.

1. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    Not in Episode 8. If they are to do it, it will have to be planned and executed very well. Maybe at the end of the ST or the trilogy after.

2. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    No. Lets have a different Darkside faction this time around. I'd rather see them do something new and creative with the Knights of Ren instead of just rehashing the Sith again.

whostheBossk and darklordoftech like this.
  3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel Modercreeper Is Always Watching star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    The thing is, there's no discernible difference between Kylo Ren and any other Sith. Other than him not using the Darth title, they're exactly the same. The other films are going to have to seriously differentiate between the two, or it's really already happened. He's a Sith in all but name. And, considering his Vader obsession, it makes sense that this would be desirable to him. I think Kylo is going to bring the Sith back. I think that's where they're going with his character. We'll see.

4. LORD_BINX

LORD_BINX Jedi Master star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Bringing back the sith would completely invalidate the purpose of the first 6 movies.

Episode 1: A wise jedi discovers a boy who he believes is "the chosen one." One who is destined to destroy the sith and bring balance to the force.

Episode 2: The Chosen one struggles with the fact that he has the skills to be a jedi at 19, but he is being held back by his master who recognizes that anakins arrogance is greater than his ability at this point, and is holding him back to save him from the dark side.

Episode 3: The chosen one becomes a powerful jedi. However, despite obi wan's efforts, outside factors (darth sideous) steers anakin to the dark side. Anakin joins the sith, the enemy of the jedi who he was allegedly destined to destroy. They then proceed to wipe out the jedi and take over the galaxy. Anakin also fathered twins, who he didnt know existed, and who were hidden from him for obvious reasons.

Episode 4: Anakin is now darth vader. He helps run the galaxy with an iron fist. Anakins son luke discovers the force. Luke learns about what happened to anakin (sort of) and eventually decides he wants to learn the ways of the force.

Episode 5: Luke meets yoda who trains him, but luke leaves his training early to face the sith who killed his father, who is about to kill his freinds. Luke confronts the sith lord and learns that the sith lord is actually his father anakin. He also loses a hand in the battle with him and was lucky to survive.

Episode 6: Luke learns the true story behind anakins turn to the dark side and sets out to redeem his father. During a confrontation with the emperor and anakin, he defeats anakin in battle but stops short of killing him. He then rejects the dark side and mouths off to the emperor. The emperor begins frying Luke with his electricity and anakin saves luke by killing the emperor. By killing the emperor, anakin's suit was struck by his lightning which damaged his suit and eventually killed him. The act of killing the emperor, which also killed him, fulfilled the prophesy of destroying the sith and bringing balance to the force (which according to GL, balance to the force means no sith).

Episode 7: (According to the sith returning theories) 30 years later, a new sith lord named snoke seduces Leia and Han Solo's son ben to the dark side to train him to become his sith apprentice. Apparently, Qui Gon, Yoda, and Mace each misread the prophesy.... oops.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I say no. Dark side users but not Sith Lords.

6. LORD_BINX

LORD_BINX Jedi Master star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Because it's star wars, the new dark side affiliation will probably need to be similar to the sith in some ways (red saber, evil intent, hate for jedi, etc.) but there may or may not be differences in how their order works that distinguishes them from sith lords (no rule of two, etc.). If that's the case, then it's likely that only the die hard fans will notice the differences.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The Sith are Gone forever it's time to move on to new villains.

8. james92rogers

james92rogers Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    Also the sith are always in twos, a master and an apprentice. I like the idea of there being several knights of ren to cause some chaos

9. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Only library books

10. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    Mmmm.. I don't think so.

I like the story line of the Knights of Ren being the new masters of the dark side- and maybe they aren't new, but were merely silent for thousands of years. I think it'll open up opportunity for us to see more sides of the Force. Like.. are they all force sensitive? What's their camaraderie?

11. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    I'm fine with the Sith being (and staying) extinct. The dark side lives on.

12. LastJediKnight

LastJediKnight Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2015

First trilogy: Palpatine rises to power and seduces Anakin to the Dark Side.

Second trilogy: Anakin's son(Luke), a new hope, takes up the fight and ends up seemingly killing Palpatine at the end.

Third trilogy: The Children of Anakin's twins arise. One goes light(Luke's Child), one goes dark(Leia's Child). Kylo Ren ends up accidentally resurrecting Palpatine. Unfortunately for him, in doing so it results in Palpatine's spirit taking over his body and killing him. The First Order becomes The Second Galactic Empire with help from the Sledgehammer which was delivered when Leia was turned to the Dark Side of the Force. She then dies at the end of 9. It should be a tragedy. She turns in 8 to be with her son, only to find out too late that Palpatine took him over.

Fourth trilogy: Rey, who has been in hiding since the rise of the Second Galactic Empire and everything fell apart, brings balance to the force with the help of Finn and their kid(s). Through information obtained from Luke(who has been busy figuring out the Jedi/Sith history), they figure out how to isolate Palpatine's spirit(of which there are likely 6 pieces) to exist solely in Kylo Ren's body, and then kill him so Palpatine is permanently destroyed for good. Balance returns to the force.

End of Saga.

13. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    Yes, since I doubt the Sith teachings have been lost. Recorded lore, lingering spirits of long dead lords, that kind of stuff. With Sidious and Vader, I do suppose the Sith as an existing Order may have been brought down and ended, the idea was there being just two of them. It might even be interesting to have a villainous character whose quest to unearth the lost recordings and artifacts of the Sith we get to follow, somewhat like what Luke has been doing for the Jedi. (Also I somewhat wonder if Emperor wouldn't have taken some precautions to prevent the line of Sith Lords from breaking entirely.)

That said, maybe this soon isn't the right time for it. I'd like to see and hear more about the situation around the galaxy to see where things are headed. It could be that for the time being having the Dark Side present, but not something quite so organised as the Sith, is more than enough, and we might even get some new group or cult spawning out of that a bit later.

14. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    ^^^ I posted the above a year ago, and I still like the idea now.

We've seen or read about a bunch of Sith at this point and they're very familiar. Kylo and Snoke look the part but I'd be interested to see what a different perspective on the dark side might look like. Same with the Jedi to be honest - although that could arguably happen anyway since the future of the Jedi is in the hands of two people who came in as outsiders (Luke and Rey).

This could lead to all new ideas and philosophies about the Force (and how it's employed), and hopefully put a new spin on things. Anything that helps differentiate the new villains would be a plus, and so far they're pretty similar to what's come before. But you can see some things aren't quite the same.

15. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    They have had their chances. And the Chosen One destroyed them. Also, JJ said there would be no Sith. Finally, something different, please.

16. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    no. The darkside will always exist. Let some new cult take control of it.

17. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    I'd be fine with it. I'm one to think that the prophecy was never really elaborated on. As in, we never see it written down or anything. So how do we know it doesn't talk of the Sith coming back? Also, Yoda says the prophecy could be wrong anyways. So I'm cool if they come back, they and their rule of two has always fascinated me.

18. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015
    I could definitely see two people finding sith relics and learning the ways of their order again eventually. It would be nice to see two badass sith come back and wipe out a boat load of new force users with forgotten techniques. Still I think it's a story for another time.

19. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    No
    The Sith are (were) an order with their own rules and knowledge. Since the last two Sith are long gone by TFA, I hope they just focus on the Dark Side (like the OT did; like it or not, the concept "Sith" is prequels-EU lore, and since JJ is so arrogant that he is also ignoring ALL the prequels-lore, I say that Sith DIED in ROTJ and won't be coming back)

of course, the Dark Side lives on, you just can't "kill-erase" the Dark Side; you can erase an order (Sith) but can't erase a part of the Force

20. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I think they're just Dark Side users. You can use the Force to oppress others without considering yourself a Sith.

21. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    I think the only time we'll see them ever again is if they would decide at some point to explore the origin of the Sith, their war(s) with the Old Republic and subsequent downfall, moving into the rule of two. I still think that could be a very interesting tale. Because it goes many thousands of years back they could completely redesign the familiar, but still make it feel like Star Wars, in a galaxy that still has to be fully explored. If it would be anything like Tales of the Jedi or Kotor, count me in. Especially since the hundred year darkness and past empires are canon.

In the timeline that is currently explored, you could make the argument that Sith knowledge lingers on/survives in the most peculiar & darkest places. And once it falls into the wrong hands, it could just pick up where it left off... I'm not saying that it should, but their return in some form could be easily explained. Buuuut i suppose you'd get every fan speaking about the prophecy's importance up in arms. Personally i don't mind something different. I think the Sith were only one interpretation/movement of the dark side, one among lesser and more secretive, unknown others.

But i could see their return on the big screen as a move to ancient times when force users waged war against one another on a much larger scale. And from what i can understand, they ruled the galaxy in greater numbers with the help of Mandalorians once, until their rule fell apart.

22. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    I kind of like the concept..but the writers here have the opportunity to support to prophecy that Anakin actually destroyed the Sith and brought balance to the Force rather than he defeated a specific sect of the Sith and there just happened to be like 15 other Sith spread throughout the galaxy. Just let this new crop of villains have their own interpretation of the dark side. The Sith have failed time and time again to defeat the Jedi/Republic why follow in their footsteps?

23. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    There is no 'should'.;)

Also, the Sith cannot return because...the Sith never left. Darth Sidious will return. It is inevitable. Ian Mcdiarmid is the only person appearing in the flesh in the first 6 movies to still be alive, and is a fantastic actor to boot. There is no way they will not use him.

The real question is Snoke: Is Snoke a hologram of Sidious, or is he Sidious's new apprentice (kind of like Dooku was pulling the strings by leading a proxy but actually was a Sith apprentice all along)? Remember, Snoke comes out of nowehere and immediately targets Skywalkers new batch of Jedi trainees. Sounds like someone who has botha vendetta against Jedi, Luke in particular, and also an interest in seducing a Skywalker (aka Ben Solo who has Skywalker blood with it's rich midichlorin count) to the Dark Side.

Mark my words, the Galaxy has not seen the last of the Emperor. In the OT he appeared in the second movie aka Ep 5. He may appear again, and if he does Yoda, Obi Wan (McGregor) and Anakin (Hayden) will return as Force Ghosts. These things have to happen to bind the Saga together; we need a strong connection to the PT like TFA has to the OT, and we will have it in the next movie.

Then there is the issue of Rey's heritage, and the flashbacks she saw. Sure we think it could be Luke...but what if it's not? What if she is the offspring of Palpatine's dark side experiments, similar to the ones it is implied might have given birth to Anakin (aka via Plaguis's experiments)?

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul was seen in "Shattered Empire" Leia has a vision of him. Vader's ghost was used in early concept art for TFA. Sidious prepared for his own death so we do not know to what exactly what was his end game. It seemed he was intent cover up certain secrets of his and the Sith Order(of Bane) and was seeking a new apprentice(since Vader's fall on Mustafar) and using science , cybernetics and cloning were areas of interest for him even in new canon and old.

The Sith and the Jedi have always been the focal point of Star Wars. Even today on Rebels you have the Jedi(Yoda, Kenobi, Tano, Kanan and Ezra) vs the Sith(The Emperor, Vader, their Inquisitor minions).

25. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    I vote no. Anakin ended the Sith, he was the last. Kylo doesn't even affect a Sith title. I hope they continue to develop new dark side users. The old EU has plenty of Sith. As long as the Force is there I'm happy, even without Sith per se.