main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Force Unleashed Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature (Spoilers Allowed)' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Now slated for a March 2008 hardcover release, with a January 2009 paperback reprinting, written by Sean Williams. There'll also be a comic adaptation of the story, though it will be more like a film adaptation than, say a companion piece/adaption hybrid like SOTE was.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It's Drake. I'm calling it now.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It'll end up being the Mayor of Sernpidal. We all know it.

4. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Nah. It's gotta be Vergeree.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The clone, or the spelling mistake, MP?

Veergere...Vergeere...Vergeree? :p

6. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    The clone!

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Not believing you, my friend :p

8. JEDI-KILLER_17

JEDI-KILLER_17 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    'Tis going to be Ferus

9. SuperLariat

SuperLariat Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    Altered clone of Obi-wan Kenobi, 2:1

10. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    No, Vader will use his own clone as an apprentice. At this point he thinks that everyone else has betrayed him except he himself...:p

11. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I'm going to go for an off the wall guess and say the apprentice is going to be Nick Rostu.

*shifty eyes*

12. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    No way. Nick Rostu is the Mayor of Sernpidal.

13. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    It's Darth Krayt. :-B

14. Jedi_Master_DR

Jedi_Master_DR Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 17, 2004
    I know everyone is making the obligatory joke about a new/old SW character identity and I agree with this sentiment. I just wanted to point out though to anyone who may have missed it, the Force.Net Microcast with the creators of the Evasive Action webstrips confirmed that Vader's secret apprentice will not be Drake, though they pitched that idea to Lucasfilm. Basically they were told no because this secret apprentice has a pretty important way his backstory works into all this. I don't think Ferus Olin was ruled out, though it seems likely.

However, obviously we all know its going to be Exar Kuun, a quickly created Spaarti clone, for those times Exar Kun's spirt/ghost/manifistation wants a vacation from Yavin 4. [face_whistling]

15. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Ah. Interesting, then. I wonder just what that backstory could be, if it's so particular.

16. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
  17. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Honestly, I would be very much surprised if the Apprentice is Ferus. That's mostly because I find it unlikely that a hero from a children's series would be elevated to a dark side acolyte.

18. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Well, there's Jacen, to boot. And Zekk, although he was dark side dude in that very series, not later. [face_beatup]

19. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Zekk's story in YJK was like a typical after-school special: good kid goes bad but in the end, through the love of his friends, goes good again. And Jacen's situation was a little bit different too because they gave his character a decent amount of build up in many novels besides the YJK books to the level of insanity he's currently at. Ferus on the other hand has only appeared in Watson's books and he's always been a hero. And as far as I am aware there aren't too many of the Last of the Jedi books left. If he's going to show leanings towards the darkside it's got to be soon and a twist like that this late in the series wouldn't make much sense. In addition, I doubt LFL would really let a kid's series go forward if they knew the main character was going to turn bad and apparently stay bad for many years thereafter.

20. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    That actually makes a frightening ammount of sense.

21. Corusca_One

Corusca_One Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Meh i'm probably wrong but i'll stick with my hunch that it will be Ferus Olin. I kinda called it in this thread.

No idea if anyone said it before that but it wasn't in that thread.

However i do have a feeling from some of the developer notes on the official page that it could be a completely new character. Pre-established though i'm going with Ferus.

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I hope not. Ferus Olin is a children book character. And those and adult novels are very separate. Boba Fetts series has Asajj Ventress running around after her disappearence, for Wotan's sake.

How many years until GoDV became acknowledged, anyone?

It'll be someone completely new, even if Asajj is rumoured to be in this.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Asajj is rumored to be in this game/novel/comic/megamultimediathingy?

When was that mentioned?

24. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    An interview. She was mentioned offhand as one of the possible targets running around in the time period. Not confirmed as in the game.

25. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    Mentioned by the article's author, mind you, not the developers. They also mentioned a handful of other names, including Vos and i think Khaleen, but really just as speculations based on who is canonically confirmed as still alive during this period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.