main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Force Unleashed Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature (Spoilers Allowed)' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    Maybe it's the youngling that said: "Master Skywalker, there are too many of them. What are we going to do?" ;)

2. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Blackman created Ventress, if I'm remembering right, so there's another point toward her appearing in the project.

Ditto Alpha.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Good catch... [face_thinking]

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    So that explains how he can be more powerful than Palpatine and still be taken out. Alpha gets him.

5. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    Come on, we know how it'll end:

The Apprentice has unleashed all the l33t powers he's gained over the course of the game and completely overwhelmed Palpatine and Vader. They both lie unconscious and on the brink of death....

And a lightsaber comes out of nowhere and decapitates him.

Palpatine opens his eyes, just in time to see the silhouette of a Whiphid in a distinctive straw hat shuffling off, back into the shadows.

6. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Fixed. [face_peace]

7. Obi-kokey

Obi-kokey Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    The Apprentice will be Kyle Katarn's evil identical cousin, Thyle Khan Katarn [face_skull]

My money is on a completely new character, why use one of the thousands of existing ones when you can have a fresh one?

Actually in this case I wouldn't really mind a new character, given his importance.

8. Shaak--Tea

Shaak--Tea Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2007
    I wouldn't mind a new character either...

then again, it's suspicious they're keeping this guy's identity such a secret. And they're making a point in their production notes to keep mentioning that they'll reveal the character's name and identity sometime in the future.

9. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Just hype, I guess. It will probably be some new guy.

10. Lightsaber_101

Lightsaber_101 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2005
    everyone keeps saying "it's going to be..."

what is "it"?? what's this book about?

11. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    I'm going with it will be Darth Krayt. This is his chance to end the Skywalker line.

12. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    That would make too much sense, like all other options for him to be a previously existing character. No, I bet they are trying to create another Revan phenomenon with a new character.

Also, after TFU extravaganza was moved to the next spring, Darth Krayt´s identity will be revealed well before TFU stuff starts eating people´s money. Krayt´s identity should be revealed in Legacy #15 or #16 according to DH people, and if the apprentice would be Krayt, we would then know the canon ending - which is of course how the book and comic will end - when it comes to the fate of the apprentice. And they will hardly allow that to happen.

13. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005

14. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
  15. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    To find out that you had been playing the Mayor at the end of TFU would come as a much bigger (and better) shock than finding out your KOTOR character was Revan.

16. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    I really do not understand this thing about the mayor of Sernpidal.:confused: He was an extremely minor and unimportant character. I somehow understand the other cult followings on EU, but this is really one that I can not comprehend when I look back at VP and his role in it.:confused:

17. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    =D= [face_laugh] :cool: :D

Awesome.

Other random suggestions:

Tremayne

Han Solo

Nick Rostu

Boba Fett

- The Imperial Ewok

18. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    He was just this guy who showed up and he just had this feeling of being a cameo, but he was never named. And so people wondered who this odd guy was. And the idea came up that it was Boba Fett, and people thought that was a great idea and ran with it.

He's just this unnamed guy who's talking with Han and then goes out in a blaze of glory with a "been there, done that" attitude. It's not his role, but the way he's written and portrayed and the air of mystery about him.

19. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    "Look, I've flown from one end of this Galaxy to the other, and I ain't seen nothing that'll convince me there's some all-powerful energy field controlling my actions...except that stint I had as Vader's Apprentice."

20. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    ^[face_laugh]

First time I heard Han was a contender for the Secret Apprentice position...

21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Give me Master Chief with that MA5 weapon of his and his armor and good by to all this stuff![face_peace]

22. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I just read the latest Last of the Jedi... Ferus won't make it out alive. He's been schooled in this one, if he were to turn, I can't see Vader letting him live long enough to train him. Although curiously, he's about to be dead not because Anakin hated him but because he's part of the past... in a more vague sense. Past = must be gone, to Vader.

23. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Master Chief... is the Secret Apprentice?

Well....he was widely considered the luckiest of the SPARTAN Candidates, perhaps that luck could be the Force manifesting itself....

24. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    OMG Master Chief can use the force....that explains everythin....all we have to do now is explain how he got into a whole new galaxy. Also Master Chief=Darth Krayt

25. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    The Ark. If the one on Earth functions like the one on Onyx, it'll transport him and some poor Covies to a Dyson Sphere somewhere, and it may as well be the GFFA. He'll just have to change out of his MJOLNIR Armor and into his snappy new robes so fast that no one sees his face because the Chief's identity is nowhere near as important as what he represents, a la V...

V is the Secret Apprentice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.