main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary The Force Unleashed

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by nobodyfresh, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    If you have a XBOX 360 you should stop reading this right now and go download the Force Unleashed Demo because it is frickin awesome, it is a short level that you can play but it is a lot of fun, awesome graphics and cool force powers lightning and such. You fight Stormtroopers and a AT ST. I want more!!! It is the Tie Fighter Contruction Facility so you get to see Tie Fighters running along an assembly line and some flying around firing at you. Can't wait for September 16.

2. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    That sounds wicked. The 16th can't come soon enough. :D

~StacyD

3. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I am, admittedly, NOT a gamer. But having tried out the demo at nobodyfreshs' place on Saturday, this game has me hooked! So much so, that we went out and bought a PS3 the next day [face_dancing] I can wholeheartedly say, that picking up pieces of debris and/or people, and hurling them into bulkheads, TIE fighters and AT-ST's is sinfully gratifying!![face_devil]

Sept 16th is going to be a ridiculously AWESOME day!

4. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    This game is sick and will be the best Star Wars game ever made after alittle taste with the demo I can't wait. Just wondering if the PS3 will do some sort of bundle for the game and system similar to the metal gear solid release.

5. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    GO GET IT!!!!.

6. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I just hit up superstore and they didn't have it in stock yet. They have the lowest price on this game I have seen. 34.99 any system. Didn't ave time to check other places on my lunch.

7. StacyD

Feb 6, 2006
    I've been reading review after review and I cannot wait to get my mitts on this game. From all indicators the Wii experience promises to be really cool, what with Force powers handled by the nunchuk and the remote proper for the lightsaber manuevers. Oh, and the duel mode looks insane. If you ever wanted to know how Mara Jade might fare against Mace Windu or Darth Maul against Luke, this looks like the place. Can't wait!

~StacyD

8. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I really want to play this game! The anticipation is killing me! Seeing all the action figures and ships come out BEFORE the game irked me so much. Do I like Juno Eclipse? I don't know, because I haven't played this game yet!

Now that the game is out we can rejoice and lament no more!

9. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Sweet! The iPod Touch has an Unleashed Mobile App! The gameplay is simplified, and it doesn't replace having the full game, but it is pretty fun. Forcepowers are activated though the touch screen, so you draw different patterns for your various skills.

Even on the small screen, the environments are really nice. Running through Felucia is like running through the concept art.

I don't think of the iPod as a game platform, but this one is great.

10. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Stacy just picked up the game at superstore and it's like Prelude said $34.99 any system as he just got it for the Wii. So if you don't have it try and pick it up there before they change the price.

Played 3 levels for the Wii version and all I can say is THIS GAME IS SICK!!!!.

11. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I played through the first 2 and a half levels before work this morning. I love this game. Big steps up from Jedi Academy, as cool a game as that is.

12. winbrant

winbrant Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Did Duel Mode on the Wii with Brant and got my a%% kicked...still not use to the controls...kept mixing up force lightning and force use half the time...obviously have to play more in the tutorials.

Brant was actually sick yesterday we we picked up the pre-order (EB Games) and he has now played up until *SPOILER*

Vader shoves him [SK] out into space/ SK goes looking for Kota movie sequence....

Just watching this and the battles are INSANE, especially the Boss fights, more so against the other Darths...would like some back-story on them ;). The repeating taunting and narration during these battles got a bit "annoying".

LEGO Batman has pre-orders and with it you get a LEGO Batman keychain...almost makes up for those god-awful McD toys!

13. nobodyfresh

Jun 8, 2007
    Just finished the game and it was glourious. Sweet story line, great suprises here and there. I got the light side ending though so I am not too happy so I must get back at it and get the Dark Side ending.

14. StacyD

Feb 6, 2006
    I did walk away with the game for a song, if you've got the superstore flyer I say head to your nearest location and get it for your system of choice for 36 bucks.

The Wii version is intensely cool. It's not quite the virtual lightsaber we've all been hoping for, but the remote does allow you to get the visceral feel of swinging one of those suckers and putting it to some seriously effective use(I favor a sudden lunge, followed by the uppercut for more formidable opponents). The finisher combos did leave me frustrated, having me literally talking to the Wii like it was a person. " I don't know what you want me to do here! ", but I finally caught on; shake the remote, get the green flash, shake the nunchuk, repeat as needed until the sick finisher materializes onscreen.

Storywise this movie feels like a pleasant hybrid between the prequels and the original trilogy. I am now the hugest Rahm Kota nerd(grizzled badass Samurai Jedi. . .oh yes indeed), and I like the little touches of starting on Kashykk, the TIE facility, and then the Jedi Temple. The temple is easily the creepiest level, all that whispering just out of earshot . .

I'm just starting the Junk Temple level so I'm not sure where this is going, but so far I'm having a heckuva time. The Force Unleashed is definitely worth the pickup in my opinion.

~StacyD

15. Obi_Wan_Cody

Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2007
    Greg you beat it? Man I gotta hurry up I'm only on Raxus Prime. The book is really good though.

16. nobodyfresh

Jun 8, 2007
    You are almost there then Cody.

17. Obi_Wan_Cody

Jun 23, 2007
    Beat it on friday. I love this game! Now I'm going back and playing it again so I can get the darkside ending.

18. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Finished on Friday.

Great story, in fact they should have made an animated movie of TFU instead of stringing together episodes of the Clone Wars TV show and throwing them on the big screen... but I digress. Game play was okay, really average for the most part. Since it was delayed for almost a YEAR I guess I expected things like a glitchy camera and slow down to be cleaned up by the time of release... but whatever. I still had fun playing through, and will be back at it tonight to go on an "achievement run." Check out the official review at chilledmonkeybrainz.

Jaeger

19. StacyD

Feb 6, 2006
    Finished it on Friday (Light Side 4 Life), and had quite a fun time playing. I think this game should please a lot of original trilogy fans with familiar architecture and themes while continuing on from the events of Revenge of the Sith.

I will concede that the camera can be quite irritating in it's choice of angles, and consistent use of the targeting system will drive you insane, but by and large I had a fun time using the Force and swinging a lightsaber. I'm eager to see what they'll do with the bugs completely ironed out in a sequel.

~StacyD

20. nobodyfresh

Jun 8, 2007
    Just finished the Jedi Temple level, while it was fun it seemed a little short for an extra $11.60 they could have made it a little longer and maybe some cool video at the end.
    You do get some skins with your download though, Darth Maul, Mace Windu, Qui Gonn Jinn and a Starkiller outfit.

21. Obi_Wan_Cody

Jun 23, 2007
    I finally went back and got the black lightsaber. Just gotta say...
    AWESOME!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.