main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson The Force Unleashed

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Zedd, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    So here's the deal: TFU had a great story. But it made some pretty bold choices when it comes to the Star Wars canon. The following is the big thing that happened in the game that, in my opinion, almost completely changes things. It's in HTR for those spoiler-phobes among us.

The Rebel Alliance was formed by Vader's Apprentice, following orders from Darth Vader himself, as a way to distract the Emperor from Vader's attempt at the throne.

And then there was the ending of the story. Here's the first part:

The Rebel leaders, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Garm Bel Iblis, and a new character General Kota, are captured by Vader and brought to the still-in-construction Death Star. Vader's Apprentice, feeling guilty about the whole thing, and also being pissed off that Vader had tricked him, finds out where they are, and goes there. The Emperor sends Vader to take him out, but the Apprentice pretty much owns him. The Emperor then tells the Apprentice to finish off Vader, and take his place at his side (sound familiar?). Then Palpatine goes off and starts torturing the rebel leaders. So the Apprentice has a choice: Kill Vader, or attack the Emperor.

In the video game, there are actually two possible endings. The first is the one that actually happened (in terms of canon):

The Apprentice goes and attacks the Emperor. They get in a force battle, Lightning vs. Lightning, there is a big flash, and then in some way they don't really explain, the Emperor walks away unscathed (relatively speaking), the Apprentice is dead, and the Rebel leaders are somehow also gone. The rebs get together and have a meeting at the place in Kashyyyk where the Apprentice grew up, and they resolve to form a Rebel Alliance, and use the Apprentice's family crest (or something like that-- I don't really know why, but that symbol was all over the house) as the emblem we all know now as the Rebel symbol. Roll credits.

And then, in my opinion, the better ending:

The Apprentice goes and kills Vader. Yes, kills him. Then, he goes over to the Emperor and is commanded to kill General Kota. Well, as he is about to swing in for the killing blow, he changes his mind and turns his swing to the Emperor, who obviously being the awesome guy that he is, knew it was coming and got his own saber out to block it. Then comes my favorite part: Palpatine freaking LAYS WASTE to the apprentice, throwing him out into the void of space and crashing his friend's ship into him. No, he's not dead. The Apprentice wakes up on the same table that Vader got his new suit, but he has all kinds of metal grafted to his bones, claws on his fingers, and a helmet that kind of looks a little like Boushh's, and looks AWESOME!!! Then Palpatine goes on to describe his new job description: a replacement for Vader, an Emperor's Hand, so to speak, to go about the galaxy and kill his enemies. Roll credits. Now how cool would that have been?

So there ya go.

Also it should be noted that a few other interesting things are made canon, not the least of which is that Shaak Ti is killed by the Apprentice. Jumps into a Sarlaac pit. But she doesn't get out like a certain Bounty Hunter, because there is some weird flash of light after she dies that happened before when the Apprentice killed another jedi.

2. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    WOW!

*jaw drops*

3. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    How do you get the Dark Side Ending?

4. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Rather than walk towards the Emperor, jump down over the side of the rail towards Vader. At least, that's how it was when I played it on the 360.

5. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    Is it left open for a sequel?

6. YuuzhanVong_Rule

YuuzhanVong_Rule Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2008
    I don't remember where I heard it but they are going to try to make a sequel.

7. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    Thanks, and Cool a Sequel.

8. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Guess what, guys? THERE IS NEW CONTENT ON THE FORCE UNLEASHED!!! If you're playing the game on the Xbox or the PS3, you can download a NEW LEVEL and NEW COSTUMES (funniest of which is C-3P0) on Xbox Live or whatever the PS3 version of that is!

If you're playing it on Wii, DS, or PSP, you're screwed.

Nonetheless, you can find all the info HERE!

You guys have NO IDEA how excited I am!!!

BTW, I had to look this up in order to figure this out: in order to play the new level once you've downloaded it, you have to start a new game and select 'Jedi Temple'.