main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi The Force was calling... I just let it in

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by PulseSound, Dec 30, 2016.

1. PulseSound

PulseSound Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2016
    Hello everyone, nice to meet you all (I assume). I'm going by name; PulseSound, currently living in sweltering Australia, so yes, I love Ben Mendelsohn.

I'm not sure what has taken me so long to sign up to a site like this, I've been a life-long passive Star Wars fan who would watch all the movies, get the toys as a kid, but mostly, play all the videogames. That's where my love for Star Wars really shined, in the virtual world.

Now with the main-line franchise revival leading to a new Star Wars film every year, the Force has come alive in me and I can't get enough. So I'm going all-in and using the cannon reboot as a great jumping on point to the EU, a previously intimidating world that now seems obtainable to keep on top of not to mention delving into to The Clone Wars series (to be followed by Rebels) and keeping up my strong Star Wars region; the videogames! With KOTOR & Galaxies on the iPad, SWTOR on the PC and Battlefront & Lego Star wars on the console. So I've totally be no-lifing Star Wars over the holiday season with all the sales going on enabling me to buy way too much and feel like I'm getting a good deal.

So I'm looking forward to immersing myself even further via talk with the community about games, movies, books, TV shows and hopefully dabbling in some fan-fiction (if I can stop comparing myself to the top-tier and find my work coming up short).

So, if you made it through all that, I hope it's still nice to meet you all!

2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Well, welcome to the Boards at last, PulseSound. ;)

We're glad to have another enthusiastic fan around these parts and you'll find many areas for each of your interests here. :D I'll get a link to each area in just a second.

Star Wars Community aka SWC ~ For general Star Wars discussion and fun

Communications ~ In case you ever have any problems or suggestions for these here Boards.

Star Wars TV ~ For discussing the shows

Stars Wars In Depth ~ For a talk about each of the Star Wars movies, though there are also separate sections for each trilogy too

EU Community aka EUC ~ For talk and fan clubs regarding the various aspects of the EU

Games ~ For that love of video games you clearly possess, here is where you want to go

Collecting ~ In case you're a general collector of all things SW, here is an area to talk about it

Fan Fiction ~ For all the Fan Fiction you could want!

Fan Fiction Resource ~ A place for the writers to talk casually or discuss ideas

Role-Playing Forum aka RPF ~ As an added bonus for your hint at possibly writing, here you can partake of written rpg games, like telling stories through a created character of yours. I heavily advise checking some out to get the idea before jumping full in

The boards is a big place and there is much more than these, but felt these might be the most pertinent to what you described. :)

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! Welcome to the boards! Elu linked all the fun places to check out, so I hope to see you around. :)

4. PulseSound

Dec 30, 2016

Thank you for the welcome and this useful directory!

Darth_Elu likes this.
  5. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    You are quite welcome. ;)

6. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Hello there! :obiwan: Welcome. :) I want to go to Australia mate. :p

7. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    Hey PulseSound,
    I'm also from Australia (from the best state: Victoria.) Fun fact: my grand father was in a play with Ben Mendelsohn and used to drive him to acting lessons (apparently he's not very nice though.)

I also love video games (ESPECIALLY KOTOR!!!)

If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to PM me:)

PulseSound likes this.
  8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome aboard, PulseSound! :)

I've seen you got wonderful suggestions already, so there's not much to add. Just one thing I ask you to keep in mind:

If you like to reply to a certain post, often it's not needed to use the reply-function (especially when the post is at the same page as your answer). Unnessary quoting even make threads harder to read - think about reading at small screens like mobile phones. But there's a cool workaround: tagging! Just add an @ infront of ones username (like Skiara) and the person you tagged gets a notification similar to the one that he/she would get when he/she gets quoted. If quoting is really needed, then it helps a lot to reduce the text to the words that you really need. This way everything stays readable. Thanks! :)

Have lots of fun! :)

PulseSound likes this.
  9. PulseSound

Dec 30, 2016
    Oh, Skiara, I don't think I've ever seen/noticed this function on a forum before, very helpful tip! Thank you!

Skiara likes this.
  10. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Welcome!!!

11. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    You're welcome! :)

12. PulseSound

Dec 30, 2016
    Darth Rozic

Best-state-resident here too! Wow, that's an awesome little bit of info! I actually just started re-playing KOTOR on the iPad port, pretty great.

Darth Rozic likes this.
  13. SynCrow

SynCrow Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2017
    Welcome to the forum, PulseSound! Hope you enjoy your time here :)