main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Force Willing - Sian Ny short story - Qui-Gon, Xanatos, Trin (OC) - updated 5/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: The Force Willing
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: OCs (Sian and Trin), Qui-Gon and Xanatos

The Force Willing

Part I

Sian Ny enjoyed the quiet of his solitude; he had always been quite comfortable in his own company. However, he was equally happy to be surrounded by the noise and chaos that came with having a teenaged Padawan. Soon, it would be time for him to rouse Trin, and the peace of the morning would slowly erode as Trin woke up and became his normal, ebullient self. Still, it a cup of caf with no conversation was to be savored.

?Master??

Sian turned to see his Padawan stumbling toward him. He was rubbing his eyes sleepily and yawned even as he spoke. Trin never woke up grumpy, but he did wake up slowly. It was a trait that Sian had gotten used to during their years together.

?Yes, Trin?? He could not help but smile at his apprentice, for his dark hair stuck up in wild curls and he had a crease on his face from his blankets. Nobody slept harder, or with greater enthusiasm than his Padawan.

?Did I wake up late?? the boy asked with a frown. ?I thought I had set my chrono to go off in time.?

?You?re not late,? Sian replied. ?Our transport was delayed an hour, so I decided to give you an extra hour?s sleep.? He smiled at the boy. ?I reset your chrono.?

Trin grunted his gratitude and made his way into the kitchen, where he fumbled blindly for the hot chocolate mix and quickly brought a mug of water to a boil. Settling into a chair with a sigh, Trin sipped at it gratefully. ?Thank you, Master,? he said with a little more coherence.

?You?re welcome,? Sian said as he walked by and ruffled Trin?s hair. With a scowl, the boy pushed it back into its previous disorder. Sian, well used to his Padawan?s habits, just grinned at the disgruntled boy.

The two ate a light meal in companionable silence and afterward, Trin gathered their dishes and washed them, then hurried into his room to pack for their journey. It never took either of them too long to pack, a Jedi only carried so much.

?Ready?? Sian asked when Trin joined him at the door.

Now fully awake, Trin grinned and nodded his head. ?Where are we going to this time, Master??

?Does it matter?? Sian asked as he closed the door.

Trin shrugged. ?Not really,? he conceded and Sian smiled.

They were both wanderers by nature; it was just another thing they had in common. The Force willing, it would be a good mission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were close to the hangar when Sian gave a loud umph and stumbled. Trin looked up to see Master Qui-Gon staring down at both of them with a wide smirk.

?Better watch where you?re going Ny,? Qui-Gon advised slyly.

Sian merely rubbed at his shoulder and frowned at his friend. ?What?re you doing up so early? I thought you needed all the beauty sleep you could get.? Sian appeared pleased with getting in that little zinger and Trin guessed that it went a little way toward restoring his good humor.

Ignoring his friend, Qui-Gon reached out and ruffled Trin?s curls, prompting a resigned sigh from the boy. ?Hello, Master Qui-Gon,? he said with real pleasure as once more he put his hair back into his usual disordered condition.

?Has this rogue decided to drag you off on another mission?? Qui-Gon asked with a twinkle in his eyes. If Master Jinn was known to be restless within the confines of the Temple, he could not hope to match Sian Ny?s reputation for being edgy and ill at ease if he remained on Coruscant for too long. As a result, Trin had seen much more of the galaxy than most Padawans his age, and he had loved every moment of it.

?I?m dragging him away,? Trin replied with a wink. ?He gets grumpy if he stays in the Temple too long.?

Qui-Gon leaned down and whispered, ?I?ll let you in on a little secret, Trin. Your Master gets grumpy no matter what.?

The boy snorted and covered his hand with his mouth, giving a solemn nod. ?I think you?re right, Master Qui-Gon.?

?If you?re done corrupting my Padawan,? Sian muttered, putting his hands on T

2. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    "It's going to be a very long journey ...", Trin murmured.

[face_worried] Uh-oh.... It's not THAT journey, is it... I hope....?

Helplessly, hopelessly hooked (as usual). Please PM?

3. XANl

XANl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    I hope that the banter between Qui Gon and Sian continues!
    Hope Xan does not cause trouble.

I hope the story is long!! so Make the journey long.[face_laugh] very long!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    This is great seeing Sian again. Can you put me on the PM list.

5. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007

?You found out we were leaving and decided to tag along?just to annoy me,? Sian added, poking his finger in Qui-Gon?s broad chest.

Qui-Gon rubbed at his chest. ?I?m shocked you could think so little of me!? He glanced down at Trin and shook his head. ?You really must forgive your Master, Trin. He?s quite a bad influence I?m afraid.?

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

I wouldn't put anything past Qui-Gon or Sian :p

Though like ratna, Trin's words make me really nervous...and so does the title. [face_worried]

Can you please add me to the PM list, for this story and any other time there is one with Sian? :D

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    This can't be that mission... could it? [face_worried]

Even if it is, I want to read it... I'm hooked on Sian, and adore Trin. Please, put me on the update list.

7. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    You started a story about Sian and Trin and didn't tell me? I'm hurt. ;)

Great start. I hope it's not "that" mission....... That would be sad!

I really like your characterization of Trin and Sian. and I like the way you wrote Xan. He made me think of a tiger or a leopard: beautiful to look at, and sometimes purring, but you can just see strength rippling beneath and know it could be unleashed at any moment.

Anyway....If there's a pm list, add me please!

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very nice start.

I loved the playful teasing between Qui-Gon and Sian. Just listening to the two of them banter would make for a very entertaining journey.

You just started and I'm already not liking Xanatos :mad: :mad:

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    I'm really liking this story! I love just about anything with Qui-gon and Xanatos in it. Please add me to the PM list!

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ratna I hope you like this next post. :D

XANl Xan? Cause trouble?? What would make you think that??

earlybird-obi-wan Glad you like Sian. He's a rogue, that's for sure. :p

Jinngerbread Sian is all your fault you know. [face_shame_on_you]

Alexis_Wingstar I hope you like the story! ;)

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Xanatos has some issues, that's for sure. [face_mischief]

KELIA We'll see if you like Xanatos any more after this post.

Quigonjecca Will do! :D

[b]Chapter 2[/b]

The cabin was small but would accommodate Trin and his Master easily enough. They were used to sharing close quarters, especially as they traveled the galaxy so often. Trin stowed his gear quickly, knowing from long experience that organization was the key. Sian had taught him well.

His Master would arrive soon, still muttering from his conversation with Qui-Gon Jinn. Or whistling if he felt he had scored a victory against his friend, Trin thought. Either way, his Master would be anxious to explore the ship and Trin wanted to be ready to go.

The door opened and Master Sian walked in, whistling happily and wearing a grin that made Trin smile in return. ?Got a good one in, did you?? he asked knowingly.

Master Sian winked. ?It?s not fair, really,? he confided. ?A gundark against a brilliant man like me is no contest at all.? Looking around, Sian nodded approvingly. ?All set and ready to explore, I see.?

?As usual,? Trin replied. ?And where will we start??

?Let?s check out the galley, shall we?? Sian suggested with a grin.

Trin?s answering whoop made his Master laugh and shake his head. ?I swear boy, you?re a bottomless pit.?

?Look who?s talking,? Trin returned as they made their way down the corridor. ?You think we can get a snack now??

?We took off ten minutes ago,? Sian pointed out dryly.

?What difference does that make?? Trin asked.

?That means you ate an hour ago.?

?Exactly my point, Master,? Trin replied. ?An [i]hour[/i] ago.?

?You?ll get as big as a Hutt if you keep this up,? Sian noted.

?It?s a risk I?m willing to take,? Trin said solemnly.

?The Force help Masters with Padawans like you,? Sian teased.

?Help the Padawans, you mean,? Trin corrected.

?Here?s the galley,? Sian said, coming to a stop. Trin was already pushing open the doors when Sian called out, ?[i]Please[/i], Padawan, try and leave something for the rest of us during the journey.?

Opening a cabinet, Trin turned around and said, ?I can?t make any rash promises, Master.?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon was not surprised to see that Xanatos was not in their cabin when he entered. With a sigh, he places his bag on the bunk and sank down wearily. He was tired and suddenly feeling his years. Lately, he had been troubled by the growing distance in his relationship with his Padawan. Nothing he said or did made a difference in breaking down the walls that Xanatos built up higher with every passing day. Qui-Gon could only hope that this was a phase through which they would both emerge stronger and closer than before.

Outside, he heard Sian and Trin pass the cabin, talking and laughing as they went. He grimaced, knowing that envy was not an emotion worthy of a Jedi, but feeling its sting nonetheless.

His best friend had found the Padawan who suited him perfectly, and Qui-Gon knew he should have felt only gratitude for Sian?s good fortune. The Force had brought together those two for a reason, and it was not [i]their[/i] fault that Qui-Gon and Xanatos were experiencing problems in their Master/Padawan relationship.

Still, he wished that they shared the easy camaraderie that Sian and Trin enjoyed. That was one reason he had volunteered to go on this mission. He wanted Xanatos to see how rewarding the relationship between Master and Padawan [i]could[/i] be. Maybe he would open up to Qui-Gon and tell him what was troubling him, perhaps even tell him what he could do as a Master to bring them closer together.

Qui-Gon?s relati

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Well done, you actually made me feel sorry for Xanatos! :eek: I didn't think it was possible.

12. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Each think it is their own failings that have caused the rift between them. Poor Xan, he's all to human and that's not necessarily a good thing when one is also a Jedi. If only he could bring himself to ask for help, he just may achieve that which he dreams of.

I'm interested to see where this one goes. :)

13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Xanatos and thoughts about a girl WOW, He is like Anakin.

Anxious to see where this leads.[face_thinking]

=D==D=

14. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Interesting that Xanatos is willing to accept the relationship with Fallah on such terms -- that he is only her 'Jedi boy toy'.
    He must have been feeling poor self worth to begin with, to accept that. Maybe that's also why he can't bring himself to ask for help (yeah, Bek, I totally agree with you that if he could only ask, it would be given to him...) Or maybe he doesn't really want help. Maybe he wants to crash and burn.

And here he goes hijacking the story! :p

15. XANl

XANl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    Xani a love slave[face_blush]
    I hope he gets back with Qui Gon.
    Trin's master could be a good presents, the girls just love him.
    He should teach xan a leads not follow, even a sith never summits.

16. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Force help me! Xanatos thought bitterly. I?m lost already?

Poor Xanatos. I've always felt sorry for him, and yet this frame of mind seems to fit him so well. And poor Qui-Gon blaming himself for everything!

I can't wait for the next part!

17. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    You know, it's a good thing Sian's not proud or anything like that. Then he'd be even more unbearable.....:p

Poor Qui-gon. It's got to be hard watching the most important relationship in your life going to pieces and not be able to do anything about it.

Poor Xan. I like the sympathetic turn you've given this. Most stuff I've read about Xan makes him not care. It's nice to think that he might realize he was going down the wrong path and not feel like he could do anything about it. Even so, though, he might try a little harder.....

Great update! I like where this is going!

18. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    *gasp*

Is that a pang of sympathy I'm feeling for Xanatos?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Force help me! Xanatos thought bitterly. I?m lost already?

It's unfortunate he doesn't have a neutral person he can go to and talk about what he's going through.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.