main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ The Force

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by JEDIPAULAW, Jun 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I believe in it does anybody else? and i'm serious guys..even tho it may not actually be "The Force"..there's something out there akin to it , anyone else agree/disagree?

Amd I couldn't start this in the Qld thread lol..it's too intellectual for 'em lol ;)

2. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    Well I don't know about the Midiclorian bit, and I don't believe in an almighty deity looking down on us. But there does seem to be a 'lifeforce' or whatever you call it surrounding all living things. Harnessing it is the problem!

EDIT: damn this touch typing! the keys are far too close together!

3. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    Oh there's higher being/s out there for sure...yeah I believe I'm strong in whatever force is out there..seriously i do...why else am i so crazy?

4. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    why are you so crazy? Could be something to do with going out with a chick that won't have it on till wedding night!

5. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    Yes old Freud's theories seem to apply all too well to me lol

6. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    Just use the Force JP!
    <sweep of hand>'you will let me have my way with you'

7. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Well I believe there is a God out there, I don't buy into that big bang stuff, too much left to chance. Although I agree that both science and Creation fit together.

8. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    Well the creationists don't believe in the evolution theory because of the 'missing link'. The way I look at it is the same as a 500 peice puzzle. If your missing 10 peices you can still see what the picture is going to be and the same can apply to the evolution of man. With the skeletal remains that they have found so far you can see the development of Homo Sapien even though there are gaps.
    And if you follow the creationist theory, Adam and Eve reproduced to make children. Which one had to sleep with their mother to further reproduce? This can't be true because it has been proven that incestuous offspring have genetic mutations. That would mean that we are all throw-backs!

9. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I Think that both Creation and evolution are required together, with out one there isn't the other.
    As far as mutations go way back yonder it's been proven that due to the young age of the human race there was a distinct lack viral/bacterial infections (you'll probably see this with a lot of animal species as well at their begining) So due to the lack of things that make you mutate incest was possible and the only viable option for any animal species starting out. It's not until you get a lot of people/animals starting to pick up lot's of other things that you begin to see mutations as they spread (dogs are another good example). I'm not a scientist and it's kinda hard to explain but I know what i'm trying to say :)

10. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    Maybe you've got a point there. That would explain why the longer the Human race continues the more deadly diseases develop. Notice theres a plague or similar about every 400 years or so? Might be natures way of culling the species!

11. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    At the end of the last ice age there were 10,000 humans on earth. Now there are 6 billion. We are all pretty closely related!
    At least within a 50th cousin of eachother at most.

Here is something recent about genetic relatedness from Britannica.com.

Back to the Force - George Lucas has said the force is a distillation of a lot of different religious ideas. It's pretty hard to define - sometimes it seems to be something physical - energy fields and midichlorians etc., and other times it seems to be some kind of personal supernatural entity - the 'will' of the force and such.

Personally, I just try and enjoy the films and not think too deeply :D

12. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah I see star wars as star wars; a damn fine fictional story and what ever is in it remains apart of the star wars story so I don't get into the fact the Force is real (cause I know it ain't, believe me you don't know how many times i've tried put stones on top of each other) The force is far more reaslitic with jedi and sith :D

13. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i don't believe in nothing anymore, i'm off to law school!

14. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    "Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!"

15. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Tee Hee Humbles going to screw people for a living. Can't have any belief systems if you're going to do that.

16. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    dont get me started about law...
    although nothings worse than politics.

17. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    That reminds me of a satirical cartoon I saw once. It was the entrance lines to hell and the signs above the lines had, Rapists and sodomisers then the next had Adulterers and Bigomists and the largest line had Lawyers and Politicans!!! and the Lawyers and Politicans didn't need to be interviewed they got instant access! lol

18. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    damm, not only am I at law school, i am also doing a political science degree, how will I ever make it up to charnsplace?

19. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    Spelling his name correctly would be a start! [face_mischief]

20. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Okay, time to share our best lawyer jokes:

Q. How do you tell if a lawyer is lying?

A. His lips are moving.

Q. What do you call a bus full of lawyers going over a cliff?

A. A shame

Q. How do you define a crying shame?

A. There was an empty seat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.