The Forcecast Is Dead; Long Live Rebel Force Radio!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Narutakikun, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narutakikun Jedi Knight

star 4
    For those of you who may be unaware, the long-running Forcecast and its associated podcasts have been unceremoniously discontinued on basically no notice. But not to worry; the same hosts have resurfaced under the name of Rebel Force Radio with a new show that's basically the old show we know and love.

You can find them at their new website:
    http://shotglassdigital.com/rebelforceradio
  2. Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Darth_Harmon Jedi Master

star 4
    Just listened to the new Forcecast (with Erik and Eric) and... not that impressed. What made Jason and Jimmy's Forcecast so great was the personalities, the production levels (which were at professional radio levels) and the segments. As Rebel Force Radio retains all of that, RFR is superior to the new Forcecast in just about every way.

As is, the Eric and Erik Forcecast just feels like any old podcast, where a couple of guys are recording a Skype conversation. Slap on an intro theme and outro and that's the show. Don't get me wrong, Eric & Erik know their stuff, but I didn't find their personalities all that fun. While Jason and Jimmy typically geek out, Eric & Erik seem to nerd out. A little more technical and a lot less fun.

Also of note, Jason and Jimmy had crazy connections with Lucasfilm and the Clone Wars crew. The new Forcecast, meanwhile, may have connections, but I've yet to see them bring in the special guests and interviews like RFR already have in their one month of existing. I get the feeling that when Jason & Jimmy left, they took the many official connections with them, and in turn makes the new Forcecast feeling like a fan podcast while RFR just feels a lot more legit and official.

I'll probably revisit the new Forcecast once some big Episode VII news hits, because I do like hearing different opinions. But as of now I won't be listening to two SW podcasts. For now, it's just RFR.
  4. I Are The Internets Force Ghost

star 8
  5. LordMortis315 Jedi Knight

star 4
    Yeah, sure, let's judge the quality of a podcast based on how many guests they have!
  6. Joe Jedi Master

star 6
    Whoa - Jason and Jimmy left the Force-Cast?
  7. Darth_Harmon Jedi Master

star 4
    I
    In my post I clearly stated that there were more elements lacking than just guests. I, personally, thought the production values were lacking and I didn't dig the hosts personalities. Like I said, they know their stuff, but I just didn't enjoy the show enough to listen to both the new Forcecast and RFR. If you liked the new show, enjoy it! I just didn't.
  8. Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight

star 4
    So they just changed the name of the podcast. Ok I'll listen next week like nothing ever happened
    benknobi1 likes this.
  9. KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not finding them on stitcher.

EDIT: Found them.
    Last edited by KilroyMcFadden, Feb 16, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.