main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Forces of Light and the Dark Masters

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    This forum mainly focuses on training Jedi. We need a Sith organization for a rival to join us over there to make it interesting.

I am the only member at this time. I need Council Members, Jedi Masters, Knights, Padawans and Younglings.
    If you belong to a Jedi order, the rank you hold will stand in my order.
    There will be written tasks for everyone to do to work up the ranks.
    Lightsaber and Force power training are also available.
    Anyone who is a lightsaber and/or Force power instructor, your knowledge is needed in this order.
    There are also discussion forums, and a game forum.

All accounts must be approved by the admin(s) for the sake of attempting to keep spambots away.

I invite everyone to check out this forum. I am working to get lots more content up, but RL keeps getting in the way.
    I know that content is the most important thing about a message board.
    I look forward to seeing you over there.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Forcelight/index

Thank you.

MasterJoy

2. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    I now have an Assistant Administrator, and he is helping with skins, avitars and other visual stuff that I cannot do.
    There is a great deal of content up on the forums now, and more yet to come.
    A little change in what I said about maintaining your rank if you are belong to another Jedi order.
    Jedi Knights and above are only eligible for that privilege.

I hope to see all of you fellow Jedi over there.

:) e.

3. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I like the site, probably cause I am helping with it. I do want to apologize for not being around lately. :( I promise I will come back soon. ;)

4. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    That's okay, Nem. After all, you have all those little Sithlings to keep in line.
    :p

I appreciate the help.
    In honor of the Acolytes of Darkness, I have created a forum for them.
    It is mainly a discussion forum concerning this awesome Sith order.

5. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Why thank you, I truly appreciate it. Now the Sith have yet another forum to invade...er...post in. [face_mischief][face_devil]

Perhaps we could each post links to each others boards on our sites...?

6. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Sounds like a great idea, my Sithly friend.

I'll just be glad when I get some Jedi on the boards.

7. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Here are some details about my new forum.

In the entrance category,
    There is the Welcome forum, where new members go to introduce themselves.
    Next is the Test Forum, and users may use this forum for practicing things like markups, links lightsaber construction, ETC.
    Then, there's the Games forum for SW and Non SW games.
    The Polls forum is for SW and Non SW pols.

The next category is the Forces of Light Jedi Order category.
    In this category, there is the Temple of Light forum, where The roster, temple, social area, Youngling and Padawan training threads may be found.
    Next is the Dormitory Forum for exciting events to take place, such as the guys attempting to sneak over to the girls side and such.
    The Cafeteria Forum has a place to order food, and another thread or area for dining.
    There is also a snack bar as well.
    In the Meditation Forum, each individual has their own chambers. They post meditations as often as possible in their own space.
    The Classes forum is for education in subjects like the Force, lightsabers and other weapons, discussion on kindness, forgiveness, compation and more.
    A Jedi's training is not confined to the temple, so that's why I created a Missions forum.
    Roll playing is involved here, but there is no need for character sheets.
    These are without plot or storyline.
    The mission is set up, and the players carry it out.
    The lightsaber Combat Forum is for instruction in all lightsaber forms.
    The Force Power Training Center is for instruction in core and light Force powers.

Next, is the Sith Temple Category that contains The Temple of Darkness: Dromund Kaas.
    Darth_Sasha is the Dark Lady, and she will teach anyone who wishes to learn about the ways of the Sith and the power of the Darkside.

Then, there is the Sith category.
    There is a promotion forum for the SWC Acolytes of Darkness. Any oup This is a great group of people, and I enjoyed my time there.

There is a Combat Zone category with a Practice Arena, Dueling Arena and a Tournament Arena.

The Creative writing Category is the home of the Poetry and Stories forum.
    Users may post their original works of all kinds there.

In the RPG Category, there is an RPG Discussion forum, a Roll Playing Resource Forum and an RPG forum.

The Off-Topic category has the MasterJoy's Cantena forum for talking about anything.
    There is also a Spam forum, Art Discussion, Theatre forum, Dance Discussion forum, Television forum and a Reading Center forum.

The Star Wars Discussion category has a forum for each movie, a literature forum and an EU forum.

The Fan Center category has a place to promote SW and Non SW websites and message boards, as well as a Fanclub forum for users to start fanclubs for their favorite characters and groups.
    (only one thread per character or group)

The Administration category has the Communications forum for feedback and questions from the users. The staff also posts announcements there. Well, at least I do, because I can't make announcements on the board yet.

Check this post for further updates.

8. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    A very nice, descriptive outline of your message board, prj1! Nicely done! :D

9. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    I am trying to organize a senate game on my board. If anyone is interested, they may post here or send me a PM with the subject title "Your Senate Game.
    Socializeing, humor, fun and role playing will be allowed in this senate game.
    "

Thank you.

MasterJoy

10. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Forums Update

I have deleted the "Classes" forum. We can discuss and teasch in the Jedi temple. The "Missions" forum has been deleted, and we will use the "RPG" forum for that.
    The "Meditation Chambers" forum has been deleted, and a thread will be posted in the "Temple of Light" forum.

The board ranks have been changed as well.
    I didn't think any Sith would appreciate being labeled Padawan Learner, Jedi Knight or Jedi Master.
    [face_laugh]
    Now the ranks are:

Initiate,
    Apprentice,
    Knight
    Master
    and
    Council Member

A Senate forum is coming very soon to the boards.
    There will be a "Focus" thread posted in the forum so that all interested individuals may post their ideas there, as well as help organize it.

I would also like to have a Jedi draft on the forums, but I have no idea how to play or organize one. If anyone is interested in helping me with this, please PM me.
    Title your message, "Forces of light Jedi Draft."

Thank you.

MasterJoy

11. MikeDude66

MikeDude66 Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2008
  12. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Forums Update

The Art, Dance, Music and Great Theatre forums have been deleted. Threads for such topics can be posted in the "Off-Topic" category.

The "MasterJoy's Cantena" forum in the "Off-Topic" category has been renamed. It is now "Your Forces of Light Forums Community."
    Anny and all additional topics may be posted there.

I am training my first padawan; DarkSavior.
    He is an excellent student.
    Jedi_killeroak/DarthSasha has a Sith academy on the boards, and an Acolytes of Darkness forum is also there.
    It is a discussion forum, and in one thread, I posted questions for Darth_Nemisis to answer. It's almost like an interview.
    Nem hasn't responded yet.

The forums are quiet, but I hope to change that.

Nem, please be sure we are listed in the directory.

Thank you.

MasterJoy

13. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    The Forces of Light is now located here.

http://forces.aaronnemisis.com/boards/index.php

or:

http://aaronnemisis.com/forces_of_light/boards

I am still creating forums, but the rules are up. There are only a few posts on the boards right now. Any and all are welcomed to go ahead and register.

I need council members for my Jedi order. I would like to have at least 4 more besides myself. If you are interested in this position, please post in this thread or PM me.

I will have more information concerning my Jedi order and other forums up soon.

14. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    I want to talk about my Jedi order, then I'll discuss the other forums.

Ranks:

Initiate
    Youngling
    Student of Light
    Padawan Learner
    Jedi Knight
    Jedi Master
    Assembler
    Grand Master

A Student of Light has no master, but learns the ways of the Force from the Assembly and Jedi Masters
    Assembly is the same is council.

Initiates must have 50 posts to join the order. Spam thread posts do not count.
    Exampl:

John has 30 posts, but 10 are spam thread posts. The assembly does not count them.
    They only count the constructive ones.

Jedi Masters and Assembly Members may assign tasks to the Bear Clan and Students of Light.
    Padawans' masters are in charge of them, so they are the only ones that may assign tasks to their padawans.

Fallen Jedi may only return once to the Jedi Order, and only Assembly Members may train them.

Light Side points are earned by the Bear Clan, Students of Light, Padawan Learners and Jedi Knights for completed tasks.

Light Side points Reference Guide:

Bear Clan Members must earn 20 Light Side points to be eligible for Padawanship

Padawans and Students of Light must earn 50 LSPs to b promoted to the rank of Jedi Knight.

Jedi Knights must earn 100 LSPs to be promoted to the rank of Jedi Master.

Each rank may only receive up to 5 points for a completed task.

0 points: Did not submit task, or failure on assignment.

1 point: Submitted task; poor work. on assignment.

2 points:Good, but could be much better.

3 points: Satisfactory, some time spent on task.

4 points: Well done, a lot of time and effort was spent on the task.

5 points: Excellent work. You gave your all to the assignment.

Extra Points:

Bear Clan: 0-2 points

Students of Light: 0-3 points

Padawan Learners: 0-3 points

Jedi Knights: 0-5 points

Earning these points may sound simple, but it will be harder than you think.

More information coming soon.

15. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    Mind if I join?

16. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    It looks great! :D

17. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Currently, there are over 200 posts, over 50 topics and only 6 members.
    Hero, thanks for joining.

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I am one of the proud members of the site, and hope to see it grow. :)

19. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Gunny is now a manager over there. I look forward to working with him.

There is a place for SW conversations called "The Star Wars Theatre."
    "The Star Wars Reading Room" is where all SW reading material may be discussed.
    For Non-Star Wars topics, there is "Your Forces Community." If members wish to talk about their favorite SW TV events, "The Star Wars Small Screen" forum is the place to be. There is a topic about the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon. For Non-Star Wars movie discussion, members may go to "the Forces Theatre." "The Forces Tube Territory is where other TV events may be discussed. I'll tell you more in another post.

We need a Sith group, as well as Dark Jedi, Grey Jedi and Non Force users over there. If anyone is interested, please PM me, or just post in this thread.

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    There is a lot of activity on the site, so it's worth at least a look. :D

21. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    I just added a Creative Writing forum for stories, poetry, ETC, as well as a Sports Chat forum, and Star Wars Expanded Universe forum.
    I have decided to add an RPG forum. I would like to have a Rebellion Verses Empire game, as well as a Galactic Republic Senate Game in that forum.
    However, we need members. Please, give a look at the boards.

I also need members for my Jedi order, "The Forces of Light."
    Come on, I'm not a mean master.
    [face_laugh]
    Give it a chance.
    I promise to make your experience in the order fun.
    :)

22. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    The Star Wars Theatre forum is now Star Wars Avenue, serving as a general SW discussion place.
    Prequils Road and Classic Trilogy Boulevard is where members may discuss the movies and topics related to them.

The Census and Games forum is now Choice and fun Street, and there is also a sports forum, as well as a Star Wars Expanded Universe forum.
    A Sith forum will be created very shortly.

Once again, I invite everyone to stop by and look around the boards.
    Jedi_killeroak, JEDIGUNSHIP and I are having loads of fun over there.
    Killeroak and I are in a duel in the Dueling Arena forum right now.

23. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hi, Joy! I took a look around your boards and think it's great that you're attempting to create a new community where people can have fun. :)

If I may, though, I'd like to make some suggestions and a quick note about an error I may have found.

First, the "oops." As an unregistered user, I can access every single forum, including what I think are your private forums. If this is unintended, you may want to fix it. :p

Second, I think you need a banner or some sort of alternative color scheme. I worked with Stridarious to come up with a banner for his boards, GalacticPortal.Net, which utilize nemisis's StormBoards also. A color scheme and banner can go a long way to personalize the site and make it more appealing for visitors and regular users.

Third, really focus on your Jedi and Sith organizations. That's your niche. I've watched a lot of spin-off boards go under because they attempted to be too much of a JC. Everything they had, the JC has, except with waaaay more people and organization and established history and... see what I mean? When you focus on your niche, you're creating a community that needs a home... people can take pride in that and embrace it. The more you embrace your niche and continue to promote the site, the more others will do so.

I hope that helps you as you try to expand. Keep up the good work!

Trikes

24. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Thanks for the tips. It's hard to keep my Jedi order active when I can't get people to join. The same thing goes for the Sith. We really need members, but I don't know any other way to get them. I want to stay within the JC rules and TOS, and that's what's so hard. Soliciting memberships is against the TOS, so I cannot send PMs to my fellow JC members asking them to join my forum and my Jedi order. I have certain fellow members that I would like to invite, but I don't want to get into trouble with the JC staff. Any suggestions from mods and/or fellow users would be greatly welcomed and appreciated.

:)

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hey Trika, I believe that I saw you on the site when I was on there yesterday. Thanks for the tips. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.