main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***THE FOREST II: RELENTLESS THIRST - Release Thread!***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Lord_Charisma, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Charisma

Lord_Charisma Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2001
    Right, I lied - we today recorded an audio commentary. The DVD is now better, and still technically finished.

I'm part way through painting a poster for the film, in Photoshop - not that we really need one, but we're entering the Endinburgh Film Festival with it and have the option of submitting one along with the film.

2. Wookieefett

Wookieefett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Loved it! 10/10!! The effects work was awesome as well! I can't imagine how long you spent rotoscoping... lol

3. DK_Force85

DK_Force85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    I just got myself around to watching it. I watched Death or Beer first since I hadn't seen it yet. For some reason it cuts off almost half way through on Stage6, so I watched the rest on YouTube (low quality picture FTL).

Even though they're made in a way where you can just skip to Part 2, I'm glad I watched Part 1 first. It made Part 2 more enjoyable both quality-wise, and from having a background for the story. For instance, it actually made me kinda care when we learn how the clones started out. Also, I liked the colour in the shot where your character is returning to the forest. I'm a big advocate for colour grading and think that shot looks like something straight out of a big budget feature.

Overall, great job. I didn't think it was totally awesome or anything, but it was entertaining.

Edit: Changed spelling of "color" since this comment is directed towards a Brit. :p

4. Lord_Charisma

Feb 9, 2001
    Thank you for that - the grade was pretty straightforward - desaturate, balance the yellows, and push towards red. The difficulty in that shot was the roto (Simon was entirely rotoed - our original background was pretty uninspiring) and of course the excellent matte painting created by my good friend Nick Marshall. I think it's a worthy shot to have the last big effects of the film.

5. Lord_Charisma

Feb 9, 2001
    Now, I promise this will be my final bump on this thread before I let it go :p ..... but we've got a big ol' article up on our website going through just about every stage of making the film.

In the article we also link to the individual tracks that make up The Forest II's score, created by my co-director Liam Comerford.

The Forest II article at secret7000.co.uk

[image=http://www.secret7000.co.uk/theforest2/bluevan_big.jpg]

Those who are waiting for DVDs... I'll be sending out an email on the issue in the next few days.

6. S-Slash

S-Slash Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2007
    Well done. You described the process very clearly. Making films like this is actually easier than it sounds. It only takes three things, well organized plans, plenty of time and a solid film crew. And lots of passion.

Can't wait for The Forest ///.=D=

7. ZNichols

ZNichols Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Very interesting and informative write up. Can't believe I didn't see it before. How such valuable things slip into obscurity so quickly boggles me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.