1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars THE FOREVER WAR

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sir_Draco, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    Lora Skywalker
    Battle of Nesron

She sliced down another Imbued and then unleashed a wave through the force, pushing away the faceless masses of the enemies, to win a second. She reached out with the force and hissed out air, as she felt it . . . no matter how many she killed, they were loosing ground. The eastern part was pushed hard and the Atlas group was stuck in the raging Sith hordes. Looking around she blocked another lightsaber attacking her from the side and with two quick strikes she pushed the attacker back. Something had to happen, fast.

She had never been defeated on the field and Nesron would not change that.

Through the force she searched for the . . . answer. The point where she could turn this battle to her favour. So many dying, so fast . . .

Tag: Sir_Draco (more later, probably, had no more time now)
  2. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    IC: Thom Stett
    Coronet City, Corellia

Folding his hands on top of his desk, Thom leaned forward and watched the mysterious man as he crossed to the large window overlooking the cityscape. What he had proposed - providing protection and erasing records of the recent acquisition of the asteroid - could prove to be disastrous for anyone in his current standing. Thom understood that perfectly well and yet, he was willing to entertain his offer. What other choice did he have with the war and the recent...whispers of revolution?

And then there was the issue of the Jedi...always troublesome and always sticking their noses where they didn't belong. Tane could also be the answer to shutting them out of the system for good.

A small smile crept onto his features at the thought, but it quickly vanished as Tane lowered his head and continued. "Do you want to know what the future holds for your people, Prime Minister?"

If the current internal struggles were any indication, he felt that he had a pretty good idea. But in terms of the war and what else the galaxy had in store...not so much. Picking up a stylus on his desk, he adopted a more casual demeanor as he passed the tool between his fingers.

"Why don't you enlighten me, Mr. Tane?" he replied, his voice taking on a hint of callousness. "I'm curious to hear your assessment of the situation, considering your...tempting offer."

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins, @Sir_Draco
  3. BLemelisk Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Arek Longstar
    East Landing Zone, Nesron Ruins

The Sith machine was clearly intended to turn the tide of this particular sector of the battle, as evidenced by the way the enemy withdrew somewhat as it advanced. With each passing second, Longstar could feel the tension surrounding Nesron, and knew that the Jedi forces were slowly failing. This creature had to be dealt with immediately.

It moved forward, flourishing its lightsaber and then making lightning-fast sprint toward him. It was assisted by mechanics, not the Force, and at once Longstar knew that whatever still lived on inside it had little control of the energy field – something he needed to exploit. He also ascertained that this thing was responsible for the taking the lives of many Jedi, and even more of their Imbued. Revenge wasn’t a Jedi trait, but delivering justice was, and Longstar would skip the trial.

As it brought its saber down meaning to bisect the Jedi, Arek reached up with his right hand, and sent a surge through the Force, as if to blow the machine upward and backward. At the same time he let out a fierce combat yell, side stepped to the left, and rolled forward. He swung his saber intensely at the back of the machine’s legs as he passed it, seeking to destroy whatever kept it moving.

He couldn’t sense Kae at this point, so devoted was he to this contest.

TAG: @Sir_Draco, @spycoder9
  4. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    Ooc: Just wanted to let people know, our dear GM got the flu. So he is right now unable to write two following sentences that make sense. He promised to update asap, but I am just coming from him. It might be a day or two.
  5. TatooineSunburn Jedi Youngling

Serith Hayon
    The Shady Wook, Coruscant

He was pleasantly surprised upon retrieving the datapad that she sent his way. That was very honest of her indeed, though it worked both ways essentially. It meant he had secured a free transport off this planet, an opportunity he had desired for sometime. His journey was finally about to begin.

“A healer they say?” A grin appeared as he forced a cough. “Oh dear, I feel terribly unwell all of a sudden.”

He stood up and nodded his head to her. “It has been a pleasure, I'll take it from here,” he said sincerely before taking his leave.

---

Finding the starport had been a bit of an issue; there was a lot of traffic and the air taxi droid seemed to be a bit outdated, meaning a lot of shortcuts were missed and a few accidents were only just narrowly avoided. When he arrived however, everything seemed to go along smoothly. His ticket was accepted, his shuttle reached the dock promptly and his seat was his as promised. The passage, though, was not as welcoming as he had expected. He had no real assumptions as to how friendly these sorts of journeys were, but in his mind's eye he imagined perhaps catching a bit of sleep or watching a holodrama. That wasn't even close to the mark. A Chevin was seated infront of him, and Serith feared for the structural integrity of the seat that the creature was crammed into. On his left, the seat right next to him, was a shady Sullustan that did not utter a word of Sullustese or Basic the entire voyage, he only stared unblinkingly at Serith whenever the Coruscanti dared to move in his seat. In conclusion, the whole thing was a learning experience.

When the shuttle landed in Coronet Spaceport, Serith only wished he could stay to take it all in. Coruscant's Westport was lavish, but Coronet's starport was just so far ahead in many ways. He took the datapad out of his hoodie pocket, giving it a quick look. It told him nothing more than what he already knew. Where would an ex-Jedi be located? More specifically, a healer? Would Coronet Medcenter be a good guess? Probably, but he assumed a healer that did not obey the conventional practice of healing, i.e using technology and medical compounds as opposed to the Force, would want to operate a little more out of the mainstream.

Parting with those stressful thoughts, Serith focused on checking into his hotel. The receptionist at "Jewel's Sanctuary Hotel" had shown him to his room after of course charging his account. She had been caught off guard by his Coruscanti articulation, and assumed from that point on that he was made of money, attempting to sell him a box of their finest confectionery. After what seemed like the busiest day of his life, he was glad to find that he could just simply collapse on his bed and recharge for whatever the next day entailed.

TAG: @Sir_Draco (long post, but it makes up for my short absence)
    Last edited by TatooineSunburn, Sep 25, 2012
  6. Sir_Draco Jedi Master

star 4
    ooc: Okay, slowly I get on my feet and I´ll psot what I had already written and updates to everybody else later.

Vjun, Sewers

Saya turned to Callista. A curious gesture, if you considered she had no eyes and therefore no need to turn to anybody. But the effect was probably what the gesture was about. "Then you know sometimes there is a mission more important than the soldier who is tasked with it, do you?" She asked and allowed the childpushers and the children to fall a bit back so she could talk to her protector without being overheard.

Behind them the children grew restless, but indeed there was a big hole in the wall ahead, where obviously someone had created a breakthrough to a natural tunnel system below Vjun. Washed out by the acid rain the planet was full with tunnels and deep shafts. This one was obviously the smuggler´s tunnel they were talking about. Huge, high and probably very, very comfortable to get loads through.

"I am on such a mission." Saya said and stopped walking.

Farther behind this group Erian felt the presence from the Fallen One, before he saw her. But as the red blade ignited in the dark, she was hard to overlook. No word was spoken, no gesture. Rage did not allow the Fallen One such civilized attempts to communicate. Instead her weapon slided to the side and screaming in mindless rage she charged towards the Inquisitor.

"She is MIIIIIIIIIIIINE!"

Tag: Cmdr, Kahn
  7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Erian Serenni

Vjun, The Sewers

There was no time for honor or etiquette between combatants, she did not allow for it. Erian twirled his emerald green lightsaber at his side into the traditional Makashi en garde and waited for the Fallen One to close the gap between them. He side stepped and batted away her reckless charge with the calmness of a Jedi. Stepping back and facing her again, he raised his blade up in front of him and waited patiently.

The anger, the rage that roiled off of this woman was astounding. There was a twist of a corner of his lips and the slight narrowing of his eyes, knowing perfectly well how he would defeat this fallen Jedi.

"I was not aware that she belonged to anyone," he mocked, "much less to you. Jedi have no possessions, but then again, you are no Jedi are you? Sith."

TAG: @Sir_Draco
  8. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Callista
    Vjun, Sewers

“Joy…” That was all Callista said at the moment as she kept scanning the tunnel around them to make sure there weren’t any other surprises. This job, if it could even really be considered a job anymore, was becoming a serious annoyance. It was bad enough that the ‘package’ she was supposed to get off world turned out to be a person, even worse when that person turned out to be a Jedi, but now? Now the Jedi wasn’t just a Jedi, the Jedi was the sort who was on some sort of high important, by the power of the Force crusade sort of mission that had a very fun name in Military circles.

“You’re on a suicide mission?” She gave Saya a glance that lucky for the Jedi, she could not see. It was a very ‘if looks could kill’ situation at the moment. “So let me get this straight, I’m stuck on a planet under Jedi Inquisition lockdown, with a woman on a suicide mission?” She found herself clinching her left fist in frustration as she let out a sigh that spoke volumes. “You are going to fill me in on everything, or I swear by the Pantheon of Eshan that I will leave you here with a high frequency broadcast beacon that screams 'here I am, come find me'. Do you understand?”

Tag: @Sir_Draco
  9. Sir_Draco Jedi Master

star 4
    The Battle of Nesron

The Atlas group was feeling the pressure still as their commander engaged the HX droid on the frield. Defenseless against the power of the force his force wave captured the metal body and hurled it high into the air, just as the Jedi rolled forward to meet the droids legs. But the droid did not loose orientation, it did not feel fear or lost oversight. It came down just where the Jedi wanted it, but as it came down it´s lightsaber ready. The impact of the metal monster made the ground tremble a bit, but centimeters from it´s metal legs it´s red lightsaber had stopped the Jedi´s perfectly delivered strike. It was . . . grinning. Not it´s unmoving metal face, but in the force what little Arek could feel of the monstrosity felt a mocking amusement. And then it attacked. It had lost the precision the force gave a lightsaber combatant, but it´s metal and superhuman reflexes allowed it to deliver a powerful series of blows to force Arek back into the ranks of his own men.

Not far away Lora indeed had a moment of .rest and now, suddenly she felt it. Something was shifting, trembling below the screams of the dying in the force. Something was happening and whatever it was, it was of profound meaning. A Sith with a long lightstaff attacked Lora, yelling something in his native language. It was a big Nikto with a red and black tattooed face. A distraction.

Lorka did not even seemed to feel the push Ven had delivered through the force. No, he stepped forward even to meet the Jedi´s blade, mocking him with a smile in his display of superior control of the force and blocking the first attack, only to push Ven aside with his own. Before he could deliver another blow Janus was already there, attacking twice. Janus was a good duelist, but the Sith unbalanced him quickly and a kick send him back to the dust, as the man turned to Ven again.

“Is that all?” He asked and Ven could see how Janus tried to get up, but grabbed his thoroat, obviously suffocating as if an invisible hand was choking him. “Is that all you little Jedi can do?” Lorka asked with a grin and around them the Sith started another furious attack. They were about to break through the western perimeter, too . . .

. . . as the eastern was falling. The pack obeyed, as it´s master had commanded. Another mount fell to the Jedi´s blade, regenerating as it withdrew, but then the smallest of the pack came through and it´s poisoned teeth, carrying bacteria bred in the darkest corners of the world, sank into her leg. For a second she could not dance, she could not move and the deadly acid of Mufassa Odi hit her in the back. It ate into her flesh and into her body, yet she still did not scream. No, she just sliced down, severing the head of the Mount that had bit her leg. And then she turne,d her face already melting from the acid to Mufassa. A second mount spit his acid. And then a third, yet she stepped forward, raising her lightsaber, staring at Mufassa with eyes filled with . . . sorrow. Before she could strike at him she collapsed, the acid leaving not much of her body.
    And the line broke . . . Mufassa did not need to be a Sith Lord to feel it. The soldiers of the Republic were retreating in terror of the horrors unleashed by the Sith.
    “Stay back.” The voice of Musaffa´s master was now heard through his ears, as he stepped among his creations. Younger, more mindless Sith charged after the Republic, but he smiled and gently stroked as he watched the victory unfold. 2Let fear and terror take hold in their heart for now. It will destroy them from within.” He whispered, although all mounts always heard his voice, no matter how toned down it was. “For you I got something else. I promised a feast, didn´t I?”
    And his head turned to the western, where that Jedi had hit their ranks like a raging rancor.

Tag: @SirakRomar, @BLemelisk, @Sarge221, @spycoder9, @Despised1, @Mitth_Fisto

Corellia, Jewel´s Sanctuary

The first day did not bring the Jedi´s whereabouts. The MedCenter had been a guess, but nobody there knew about this specific Jedi. He went by the alias of “Cilarn”, at least according to the bounty sheet. The Jedi center did not know a thing about him either, or they did not tell.
    So Serith Hayon ended up in his room the first night, weighing his further ptions, when the news-holo showed beds. Hundreds of them, improvised somewhere underground. Doctors were running around, mostly MonCals. And on the beds lay Twi´lek´s. Bulonic plague still rages among the Twi´lek population. No cure yet found.
    The bulonic plague. A Twi´lek only plague spreading through the coreworlds, lately. There were not many things that could help with that one. Also they said Jedi could heal it . . .

Tag: TatooineSunburn
  10. Sir_Draco Jedi Master

star 4
    Vjun, Streets

The streets were still abandoned, but now there was a pattern in the Imbued´s presence. They were spreading through the neighborhood of 655321 and they were blocking all exit´s to the sewers. Masaya was trapped, her comrade could feel her rage below.

“Hey you, what are you doing out here?” How could 665321 have overseen an Imbued? He had not. As he turned he saw a regular Vjun security officer standing there. Invisible among all those strange presences so strong in the force around here. A nobody.

Tag: @Ramza

Vjun, Sewers

The Fallen One attacked and it was as expected an attack lacking control and finesse, but brutal and powerful. Every strike felt like it was meant to kill through the sheer power behind it. “I killed a lot of them, doesn´t that count?” She hissed at Erian, as her attack brought down slashed of her blade from the right side.

[So have you] The voice of the Seer rang into Erian´s head. [So have you.]

Tag: @ComdrMitth

The Jedi woman smiled. She seemed to lay her head aside and was absent for a second again, just before she returned her full attention to Callista. “You would be surprised how little that would change. And a suicide mission? I am far from it. I actually tried to survive as long as I could, but from here in every possible future there is I will cease to exist. And in many of them, so will you. You consider yourself hard to kill, but you have no idea how deadly the events will be, that will soon unfold in the galaxy. Believe me, nobody has. Not even those who bring them about.” Saya looked at the children, now passing them. “You are not here to protect me. Believe me, nobody can do that now. You are here, because I have chosen you to meet me in these last hours, when I could have chosen millions of beings. Millions of paths, millions of choices to change the galaxy. Yet only here and now . . .” Saya grew silent for a moment. “Name me your price for a week of service, no questions asked.” Saya turned to the tunnels and far away a sound was echoing both probably knew. Lightsabers clashing. “And you should hurry. Time is not on our side.”

Tag: @Kahn_Iceay

Vjun, Smuggler´s Tunnels

Morne looked to Myrah and she saw fear in his eyes. "One group is still incoming. We need to wait." He looked back to hte starfighters. "We need to wait, my kids are among them." He said than in a lower tone. And something was happening, as it became obvious, when the starfighters above the city began to change course and seemed to concentrate on the starport area.

Tag: Spycoder9
    Last edited by Sir_Draco, Sep 26, 2012
  11. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    Vjun, Sewers

“I am hard to kill,” Callista muttered with a tone of annoyance, but the Jedi had made her point. And she knew it. There were, that Callista knew of, a very small number of HRDs in the Galaxy, even in this day and age. Of that number very few were constructed for purposes of combat, most were toys to put it lightly. Of the remaining ones she knew about there was only two who were built or repurposed for the purpose of fighting, and if necessary killing Force users. Of those two, only one had been practically raised in the presence of a Force User, spent nearly a century in his company and understood, to a degree, the nuances, ebbs, and flows of the Force even though as a Droid they couldn’t touch it.

Her.

Plus she knew the tone of voice that Saya was using. She’d heard it before, more times than she wished to recount, in many memories of a man who meant more to her than her existence. Something in the Force had spoken to this woman, at some point, and she believed it, just as the Force had to Vincent centuries ago. She could see him now, in what could be called her mind’s eye, hear his voice, from the countless times the Force told him to do things.

“It told me I needed you, you know.” He told her once. “I was always absorbed in my work, and always so easily distracted. I needed help. Then you came along, and there was so much arguing about what to do with you, because of how you came into the world. I was concerned you know. All the powers of an AI and all the turmoil of a young woman who was scared and alone. But the Force spoke to me; it told me that in time I would need you. That in time others would need you. The Force doesn’t speak to people without reason. Every true inference from it, it means something, something important. You are important Callista, you are important to me, and you will be important to others.”

“My price…” She watched the kids walk by, “Is waved.” Then she sighed again, but not out of frustration, of sadness, and a longing to be 400 years younger.

Tag: @Sir_Draco
    Last edited by Kahn_Iceay, Sep 26, 2012
  12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Erian Serenni

Vjun, The Sewers

The Seer's words struck a cord with him as he riposted the Fallen's strike and repositioned. He had killed many Jedi in his short life, but they had all been traitors or dissidents toward the Jedi Protectorate. It was his duty to deal with rogue and fallen Jedi, like this one and like the Seer. <They were not Jedi,> he sent back, quite offended at her accusation. But a part of him felt disturbed by it nonetheless. <Traitors, like you,> but the words were hallow.

"A Jedi is calm and has control. You have neither," he taunted to his opponent. "You lack finesse and conviction. Your anger unbalances you."

And to prove his point he feinted to the left for her shoulder before twisting his wrist to turn the strike into a downward stab for her leg.

13. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    Leele Tane
    PM´s Office, Corellia

"My assessment, Prime Minister.'" He smiled. "My assessment is they will stay away for a bit longer. They will first itensify recruiting in Kuat and the Midrim, they will build a few more ships in Kronos and they will take control over Bilbringi. But their influence will slowly drip into the pond Corellia is. A dead here, a favour there. They will think it´s only strategy, but in truth it is preparation. And then . . . something goes wrong. Maybe the sith break through. Again. Maybe some new weapon is developed. The Jedi will grow desperate and in their desperation they will isten to those among their ranks who offer solutions. And Corellia will be their solution. Mostly untouched, rich, ressources, shipyards. They will first demand more, then demand all and then demand you bring even more at the expense of your people. If you disobey you will be wiped out and they will suck this system dry like a hungry child on Tatooine does a juma fruit." He gave the city a sad smile. "All in the name of the force and it´s chosen The One." He turned to the Prime Minister. And once corellia, Kuat, the Deep Core is done, they´ll turn to the smaller worlds, they will turn to the weaker ones. And they will need even more of those. It has already begun. Look what they did to Bakura? A word disobeys and they destroy it. Two billion people. Dead. And all the other worlds tremble in fear and march to the Jedi´s song in perfect synchronized unity."

Tane returned to his seat and sat down. "But how can you stop an order full of Jedi? Forseeing your moves, read your mind and feelings, invincible in combat and exercising perfect control over a million systems? You cannot. they are too powerful. The same problem arises with the Sith. If they do not wipe out each other soon, htey´ll wipe out all of us trying to win this war." With a smile he leaned back. "Or we take that power from them. What is what I intend to do."

Tag: HanSolo29
  14. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Vecin Dermun
    Battle of Nesron

Even though Ven had expected his Force attack to not do much against a Sith Lord, seeing his opponent just stand there as if the Padawan had not even thrown anything nearly caused Ven to falter in his assault. He steeled himself though and stabbed forwards nonetheless. Unfortunately, with his Force attack having been nothing at all to the Sith Lord, his lightsaber hardly did any better, his opponent blocking his blade with one red-bladed weapon. The Padawan saw Lorka's second blade coming, and though he managed to get his lightsaber up just in time to block it, what had to be the Force and whatever augmentations the Sith Lord possessed gave him strength that caused Ven to actually feel his feet leave the ground as he was pushed back from the blow, dropping onto the sand in the crouch.

Lorka was already approaching but as Ven brought his yellow blade back up to defend himself, Janus was on the offensive now. Though a much better duelist then Ven, Janus was also bested by Lorka's twin blades in short order before being tossed into the sand.

Can't beat him like that, Ven had to concede with a growing sense of panic that he was trying to keep suppressed. Despite his own skills, they were nothing in comparison to this Sith Lord. Retreat was looking like a good idea but a glance at the surrounding battlefield showed him how low that chance was. Republic forces were being pushed back, they were starting to get surrounded by Sith forces, and even then Ven wondered if he could possibly escape from Lorka.

Thoughts of self-preservation evaporated though when Ven saw Janus suddenly clutch his throat. The dark side invaded Ven's senses and he already knew what he was witnessing: Lorka was using the Force to choke his fellow Jedi. Janus was already caught in the grasp of Lorka and if Ven fled he would be condemning him to death which....

“Is that all you little Jedi can do?”

Suffocating wasn't Janus's only problem. If the Sith Lord wanted, he only had to exert just a little more power to break his neck instantly....Damn it, Ven cursed silently as he looked from Janus and back to Lorka. No time to hesitate!

Though incapacitating/killing Lorka would be preferable, at the moment Ven just needed to disrupt the Sith's concentration in order to free Janus. And then....well, Ven didn't know what to do next. He was hoping that the Force, and his own training, would see him through in the next few seconds.

Springing back to his own two feet, Ven pulled back his lightsaber...and threw it. Holding his lightsaber in a telekinetic grip, the weapon flew end-over-end as the Padawan directed it towards Lorka. To an arrogant Sith Lord - which Ven was hoping for -, the attack would seem like a desperate one with no thought of what would come next.

Meanwhile, Ven's left hand came forward, and then pulled back hard. An abandoned Force Pike like the one that Ven had seen slay a Jedi before suddenly shot up from the ground and sped like a missile towards Lorka's back. Not yet skilled enough to divide his attention between two objects in order to turn them into weapons, Ven's lightsaber would deactivate and drop to the ground in front of the Sith Lord before it even reached Lorka. But the Pike kept moving towards its target while the Padawan himself actually began to charge at Lorka.

TAG: @Sir_Draco, Nesron Combatants
    Last edited by Sarge221, Sep 27, 2012
  15. Sir_Draco Jedi Master

star 4
    GM Note: After getting better, I got worse again. Dunno when, but I´ll type up an update when I got a clearer head again. Just wanted to let people know . . . hope I am back on track soon.
  16. spycoder9 Force Ghost

star 4
    Terryn Kae
    Nesron Battlefield

The field of Nesron was the battlefield Terryn Kae had expected. Sith warriors seemed to hiss as they approached, garbed in black robes and red sabers. Out of the corner of his eye, Terryn noticed several soldiers getting involved in several different skirmishes. It was like a wave was coming towards him and Longstar, and at the peak was one of the Sith’s newest and deadliest inventions. A HX Jedi Hunter, flanked by Sith, approached them head on. His sights were obviously set on them, and that might’ve frightened Terryn, had he not seen the horrors of Bakura.

“If we don’t reverse this mess soon,” Longstar shouted to him, “Nesron’s lost.”

“Been there, done that!” Terryn elbowed one Sith in the nose, right before the blade of his lightsaber entered their chest. As the Sith fell away, Terryn continued his thought. “If we could take ‘em down in Bakura, we can take ‘em down here!”

Terryn glanced at Longstar, and he could tell the man’s attention had been drawn to the machine Sith who was coming near. He met the other man’s eyes.

“Make sure he stays dead.” Longstar said, and Terryn nodded.

An explosion of another dropship overhead caused fiery debris to rain down upon them. Another distraction that could be used as a tool if done properly. Terryn caught a piece of the shrapnel as it fell with the Force, tossing it forward so that it hit one Sith. It was only a small piece, and didn’t cause much damage, but the flames began to travel up the Sith’s cloak. As Terryn turned his attention away from the burning man, he noticed the droid was within jumping distance of Longstar. The Sith that had been flanking the monster fell away, and now he seemed to stare in the direction of Longstar.

One leap, and the droid was falling on Longstar. The man managed to blow the droid up into the air with the Force and roll out of the way, but the HX Jedi Hunter stopped Longstar’s lightsaber from cutting off its legs. Terryn had waited too long without intervening, and might not get the chance if he didn’t take it now.

Terryn used the Force to make his hop a little bit more powerful, and landed with his own blade swinging at the creature’s head. He could feel something radiating off the creature as he swung.

What was it. . .

Amusement?

TAG: @Sir_Draco, @BLemelisk, others on battlefield
  17. spycoder9 Force Ghost

star 4
    Myrah
    Vjun, Vendoran City, Smuggler Tunnels

“One group is still coming. We need to wait.” Morne eyed her as he spoke, and Myrah could tell, just by the look in his eyes, that he was scared out of his mind.

“We can’t wait. I’m afraid we have stayed too long already.” Myrah turned to Yaka. “Go ahead and start preparing the children for-”

“We need to wait,” Morne urged to her. “My kids are among them.” He murmured to her, and she nodded in understanding. It was hard enough convincing someone to help her leave behind a bunch of kids, but when they were the own man’s children. . .Myrah turned back to Yaka.

“Keep the children calm. Tell them a story or two if you must. We’re going to wait for the last group.” Yaka understood, and turned to the children to do as she asked.

Myrah glanced off in then horizon to the starfighters, and she inhaled sharply. The starfighters had changed course, and though they weren’t approaching them, Myrah still knew something bad was happening.

She closed her eyes and felt around. Things were not going well.

She could only hope that last group would get there fast, or they might indeed have to leave without them.

18. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    ooc: Too bad I need towork tomorrow. Go to bed now.[/quote]

IC: Darth Korsin

Left with the complete lack of apparent intent or emotion from Lagore, Darth Korsin took the shuttle towards the Pride of Drallus with very little to go on. They were ready, and he had no doubt that portions of the military would gladly join an anti-Republic movement - Corellia had seceded no less than twenty eight times in its chequered past with the Republic, whether Old, New or Restored, let alone the two wars it had caused and joined by siding with factions opposed to the Galactic Alliance. It was only a matter of time before Corellia began to look for assistance. The Sith had a long history of butting heads with Corellia; be the planet abandoning the cause of Emperor Palpatine, or resisting the invasion of Vitiate... or just going neutral at the least helpful of times. Today it was a moment of manipulation.

The shuttle that was deployed was, for the most part, as boring as it could be. Apart from one minor point; it was Corellian in make. That gave it a set of smuggling compartments. Such things would be regularly checked for by Corellian authorities checking a Corellian-made shuttle. But Korsin had gone to grievous lengths to rebuild the shuttles exterior so it appeared to be a Cygnus-built shuttle, which was renowned for certain layouts. As such, it was a boring Cygnus shuttle with a Corellian smuggling compartment. And so it would make do.

Putting the shuttle on autopilot and running a blank feed through the internal camera for the vessel, the shuttle would appear to have been launched as part of a malfunction, and a scrub of the processor would indicate that the beacon aboard had simply latched onto the closest vessel for safety. Which was, of course, the Pride of Drallus. A detailed search later, and Darth Korsin was left. unencumbered, to emerge from the smuggling compartment, release a modified Mouse Droid into the ship, and then watch through a datapad and direct it to a computer port and dutifully replace the camera feed for the hangar. In turn, the droid gave him a view of the hangar, of the crew and droids and various other points of interest as it joined the natural flow of the ship, cautiously diverting it without the ships main computer noticing. And so, with assistance from his new spy, a mask of the Force and a physical mask that made him appear to be an unremarkable Corellian - down to the Bloodstripe piping down his pants - Darth Korsin walked all but unencumbered to the board room of a menagerie of Corellian officers.

And smiled at them, as they looked at him with no small amount of alarm.

"Greetings."

19. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Mufassa Odi
    Nesron, Eastern Battle Line

Watching the woman die, literally melting into the ground after the smallest one landed a biting blow that sealed a quicker fate for that woman, he wondered for a moment at her look of sorrow. Sorrow? Yes, a Jedi sad for all the good they could no longer do. Sadness for her own shortcomings probably. Simple, slow, sizzling. Then she was no more, no more Jedi, no more behest from Father as all of him had done as had been wished. And so for a moment he watched the retreating forms, and opening himselves to the force he drank in the fear, the anger, the hatred, and the joy of that moment. Letting it sink in and pool within himselves. Letting Riders bask and Mounts feel the pleasure of the moment.

The is stopped even as he felt another of his mounts approaching through the sith lines, a replacement for a rider of the runt. Then is refocused away from the retreating front as he heard his Fathers voice commanding to stay back, and for once it tickled his ears as well as his mind. He merely let the mounts squat there as those that had regenerated the most feasted on the fallen corpses that littered this part of the battle field, preparing to do it all over again.

Then his Father spoke of letting the fear and terror fester and tear the Jedi apart from within, sensible, and then of a promised feast for which all the mounts began to anxiously shift as they felt the anxiety of desire in the twitching of their riders that bore them on into war. The replacement arived then and all but three stopped and bowed to their Master, the pack waited as the fresh mount leapt into their midst anxious and confused why they stood about until the three forced it to the ground, forced the mouth open and set it in front of the open end of the decapitated body. The new mount struggled for a moment as it felt the conflicting need of self preservation but the gnawing need of the mind link that formed with the packs newest mount. Writhing it lay moaning as a Rider, a piece of the hive mind that was Mufassa Odi crawled out of the corpse and skittered on uncounted legs into the open mouth to pierce and slither into position by the Mounts back bone. It was a rare moment that he got to see himselves, the combined selves of the JoKri-Voxyn from without with his own eyes.

A furtive look was given to Father with those eyes before diving into the new body and a few precious seconds passed as it briefly convulsed before settling down and fully joined the pack. "We shall teach them terror." the body closest to Father growled out, it's vocal cords twisted to speak though never intended by the original species for such use made it a dark and deep gutteral voice. Turning now as one again, the pack down a member body ran down the line toward the Western Flank, the feast was waiting.

20. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    IC: Thom Stett
    Coronet City, Corellia

The story Tane outlined was something akin to a nightmare and yet, he was right. The whole scenario was teetering on the brink of reality and if Stett did not act upon it soon, it would be too late to try and reverse it. In fact, it had been the subject of recent cabinet meetings and no matter what had been proposed, no one had been able to agree on a course of action. Time was running out and Tane had come just in the nick of time. A coincidence? Thom didn't think so.

It was this juncture that Tane returned to the desk and reclaimed his seat with a knowing smile. Thom tilted his head slightly, regarding the other man as he continued to speak. "Or we take that power from them. What is what I intend to do."

Thom remained unmoving for several moments, weighing the man's words in his mind and any possible repercussions those actions may cause. In the end, the the good far outweighed the bad and he found himself nodding his head slowly in agreement. "Perhaps it is true...about having a common goal. I'm beginning to see that we're more similar than I initially realized. If you are prepared to fend off your fellow Jedi, then I'm willing to listen."

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins, @Sir_Draco
  21. Sir_Draco Jedi Master

star 4
    Vjun, Sewers

Masaya, the Fallen One blocked the first strike and leaped back just in time to avoid the stab. She stumbled a bit, unbalanced by the attack and then found her footing again. It made her only more angry, but that anger gave her power, too. Leaping forward she stabbed straight for the Jedi´s face and yet . . . she exposed her torso, as inexperienced duelists often did, when attacking . . .

Saya sighed. "This war will consume everything. For month we meditated on a way to stop it and . . . when we found it, those we trusted most turned on us. My life will end soon, nothing can change that, therefore I must make sure others will carry out the mission I will not be around to end. There is someone who can stop this madness. One chosen by the force and given the power to end the war. But that one is not a Jedi. You must find that person. And because you cannot sense the force, you will need a Jedi´s help." Saya pushed her hand from her sleeve and revealed a small glowing cube. "You must leave to Nesron - the worst of all battleground of this war - and find a man called Vencin Dermun, a young Jedi damaged by the war. Give him this holocron and it will reveal to you two everything you need to know. You will probably find others to help you, some in the most unlikely places. But you will also find those who will try to stop you at any cost. The idea of a Chosen One besides The One the Jedi worship is blasphemous at best. The Sith won´t wish to see this war end either and the Dark Lord is aware of our vision. So you must hurry. Only by acting fast you can find this savior and succeed. Or they will find him first and . . . destroy our only hope." Offering the holocron saya smiled. "The outcome of this not even we could forsee, but what I offer the galaxy through you is hope. a tiny glimpse of hope in these dark times."

Tag: @Kahn_Iceay, @Commdr

ooc: all others in a few hours
  22. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Erian Serenni

Vjun, The Sewers

The Fallen was sloppy. This much he could see when she renewed her attack on him. Her anger, although gave her strength in the Force, clouded her judgement. Erian simply dodged out of the way even as his free hand grabbed the wrist of her sword arm and tugged her more forward, past him. His green blade came up under her arms with the clear intent to disembowel and bisect her all in one felling stroke.

"There is no chaos, there is harmony," he quoted to her, a mocking reminder as to why the Sith and Dark Jedi always lost to the Jedi in the end. The Force sought balance and the Jedi defended that balance both in themselves, the galaxy and the Force. Those that fell and embraced their corruption always brought an imbalance to everything they touched and the Force sought for their inevitable destruction.

There was no mistaking that a follower of the Potentium could not fall. Such Jedi had allowed themselves to become morally corrupt and began to use the Force for reasons he could not accept as being just and right. He had seen it happen in his own apprentice and felt the darkness rising within her and only through his pain of having to end her life did he realize he had begun to fall as well.

And that reminder was the only reason why his blade fell short of slaying this Fallen.

"Stop," he commanded, heavily coating the word with the Force. His blade humming just inches from her stomach and his hand still gripping her wrist.

TAG: @Sir_Draco @Kahn_Iceay
  23. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    Vjun, Sewers

Callista stood in silence listening to Saya as she spoke, she was being extra cautious. Not only was she listening, she was recording, everything would be available for later access should something happen. But it was a tall order this woman had. Save the Galaxy. She almost shook her head as she reached out and took the holocron. “Vencin Dermun,” she repeated, ‘on the planet Nerson, in the middle of a battle field… It’s a good thing I am trained in exfiltration.”

She slipped the holocron in a pouch as she noticed the fighting further down the tunnels ceased, or at least came to a stalemate, which would mean they would be here soon either way. “I assume, you will stay here and hold them off?” She turned back to Saya then to the children as they made their way into the smuggler tunnel. “If not, I would suggest we go now.”

Tag: @Sir_Draco & @CmdrMitthrawnuruodo
  24. BLemelisk Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Arek Longstar
    East Landing Zone, Nesron Ruins

Arek was attempting to regain the initiative after his quick takedown strike on the Sith dueling droid had been thwarted. A flurry of retaliatory saber strikes – too fast to see with unaided eyes – had the Jedi struggling to keep up. He also knew that he had backpedaled at least a full speeder’s length from where he had first initiated the fight. His peripheral vision told him instantly that he was now nearly in the crowded ranks of Jedi Imbued as they struggled to organize the landing area. If this machine work its way into them, they was little that would be there to stop it.

As the sadistically amused Sith cyborg pushed its attack again, Longstar noticed Kae as he began a concentrated jump, his own weapon striking at the machine from its side.

Quick to press the numerical advantage, and hoping the cyborg wouldn’t have time to fully meet Kae’s attack, Arek steadily advanced toward the thing. He augmented each of his strikes and parries with concentrated and directed Force energy, in an attempt to neutralize the machine’s superhuman strength, and to divert its full attention so that Kae’s oblique attack had chance for maximum damage.

In the back of his mind, he could hear a comm crackle through his earpiece. It was Hertstrom, and he was yelling that the 115th’s eastern line was in retreat. The only hope Atlas now had was to hold tight and buy the others time to regroup. The secondary pocket created by the landing force surely had to be enough to divert the flow of Sith attackers so that the 115th could stabilize.

TAG: @spycoder9, @Sir_Draco
    Last edited by BLemelisk, Oct 3, 2012
  25. Sir_Draco Jedi Master

star 4
    The Battle of Nesron

And as the tide of the battle was turning in favor of the Sith hordes the first line of the Protectorate troops began to crumble. Casualties were heavy and the Jedi lost many of their best warriors, as the beasts began to split their lines. The Eastern side was falling. Man after man and in the force the terror of the defeated troops began to spread, as they moved back towards the second line of defense. Not only the Josrin-Voxyn had demanded their share in the enemies blood, but also Sith hounds, alchemically altered Imbued and . . . of course . . . the Sith Lords themselves. The western part was more ready and the retreat was more ordered, yet it left many pocket of fighting behind.

Among them were to young Jedi facing the superior power of a Sith Lord. Lorka turned towards Vencin, still holding Janus in the invisible deadly grip. The grin had not vanished and it was almost too easy for him to wipe Ven´s lightsaber aside. Then the spear came and the honed senses for danger the Sith Lord had developed in the decades of war he had survived made it almost natural how he leaned aside and the spear went into the ground. His lightsabers rotating, showing how helpless Ven was he lay his head aside and awaited the charging Jedi. Death was in his eyes. He would kill Ven now, it was obvious. He had enjoyed playing, but now he wanted to move on. And he would move on over two dead bodies . . .

Two dead bodies. That was what Lora was seeing. Two dead Jedi she had never seen before and over them a red-faced evil. A Sith Lord with two glowing lightsabers and a grin that showed the creepy satisfaction of a destroyer of life. It would happen and it would happen soon. And for whatever reason the force had showed her, it was important. It was important these two Jedi were about to die . . .

The AX did defend itself with frightening skill for one not having the force to guide the energy blade. Two high blocks and then a low and Arek realized probably a splitsecond to late he had fallen for the oldest trick in the world. The AX was actually much faster than it had shown. This last move showed it. And that meant the estimation of it´s reactions were wrong and that meant . . . Arek had just opened up his defense for a quick strike into his torso. A long second the AX seemed to allow it´s enemy to realize that and then it turned it´s arm for the final blow. The blow never came. With a powerful stroke Kae severed the droids head. For all it´s skill, the droid had not felt it coming. It had not had the force to warn him of this attack. The black metal body collapsed to the ground and the short duel was over. But there were more Sith coming. Many, many more.

Yet Lora, Arek and Kae probably felt it . . . there was something shifting in the field. With the soldiers of Atlas regrouping and finding their footing, with the Sith now breaking through two sides of the defenders line and charging after retreating groups, with Lora Skywalker´s deadly impact on their center, they were less concentrated in their attack, less deadly, less numerous. They were still many, many Sith, but Atlas had not garnered the attention the Sith Lords should have given them. All in all the Sith might have overstretched their eastern forces. And from the original 40 Jedi and 600 Imbued and 200 ordinary soldiers (even thought elite troops) about 80 percent were still left standing and in the eastern Sith´s back.

Tag: Nesron warriors
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.