main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Forgotten Arm of the Rebellion (AOTC, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, one post)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arcalian, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    The Forgotten Arm of the Rebellion
    Timeframe: Snapshots from AOTC, ANH, ESB, and ROTJ
    Characters: Mostly OCs, cameos by Separatist and Rebel leaders, including Leia
    Summary: The Rebels may have wanted to restore the Republic, but like it or not, some of their "backbone" came from the Separatists.

---

"This is not looking good at all!" Nute Gunray exclaimed.

"We must get the starships back into space," said one of his aides, and they scurried away.

Siroc Danislaus watched him and the other Separatist Leaders go. The Canirian sniffed disdainfully. He looked to Dooku for guidance, but the Count was conferring with Poggle the Lesser about some schematic or other.

"Shall we stay and fight?" his counterpart, Lirian Maelnaol asked him.

"I would that it were so, but look, there goes Dooku to go report to one of his financial backers, the one he won't talk about." He gritted his fangs in anger. His blue-gold eyes tracked the room. "We can stand and fight nobly...and lose." He shook one of his four claws in anger. "We were here before Dooku. Oh, he gave us funding and organization and droid troops, but we are the real Separatists." He hissed in frustration. "And this proves it. We will go...but not without a fight. Lay down the trip mines. By all indications these new white-armored troops follow their Jedi masters mindlessly. They will die in droves. That will cover our retreat."

----

More than two decades later.

"How did it ever come to this?" Lirian said blearily. "Siding with Republic loyalists, of all things."

"Against the man who betrayed them," Siroc reminded her without rancor. "Proving all our predictions about him true in the process." But he sighed heavily. He too was tired.

"But they want to restore the Republic," she moaned, facedown on the table. So tired. They were both tired. They had grown old.

"Half of them don't even remember what the Republic was like, and those that do...." he nodded at Mon Mothma, who smiled uncertainly back. "...even they understand more democratic reforms would be needed."

Her sapphire-and-gold eyes rose to Mon Mothma. Neither Lirian nor Mothma looked pleased.

"Thank you for bringing for fighters and your troops," Mothma said, if somewhat stiffly. "Our forces have almost doubled, with your help."

"It would be more, if our Droids had not mysteriously shut down at the end of the Clone Wars," Sirioc muttered.

"Yes," Mon Mothma sighed. "And Palpatine," she spat, "Banned the use of combat droids."

"There's a surprise," Lirian said witheringly.

The three of them enjoyed a moment of unanimity. Then Mothma looked up and smiled. "Ah! Now here is someone I hoped you'd meet. Leia Organa."

"The daughter of Bail?" Lirian perked up a little.

The woman who came over to them was brown haired, and round faced, and her simple white clothing suggested peasantry. But there was a fire in those eyes. A smouldering hatred that matched that in the eyes of Canirians.

"Feeling a bit better?" Siroc asked.

"Yes," Lirian breathed. She reached out with one claw to the Alderanian princess. Who gave a tight smile and reached back, and they shook hands.

----

The crowd carried Luke Skywalker away, Leia and that smuggler, Solo, shouting hoarse encouragements from behind.

"The boy shows promise," Siroc said grudingly. "He almost reminds me of those damnable Jedi."

"Yet his smuggler friend is nearer to our point of view," Lirian mused. "So that is the meaning of that human word....I never understood it until now."

"What word?"

"Hope."

----

The frozen battlefield of Hoth.

"We must retreat!" Lirian shouted.

"Not me. Not this time." Siroc gritted his fangs. "I should have stood my ground on Geonosis, all those years ago. I won't make that mistake again. You, you carry on. Carry the torch of the true rebellion. Go, Lirian. Take our surivivng troops to the transports."

"Siroc..."

"Go!" The old alien hefted a blaster rifle far too big for him, screamed, and charged

2. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Wow. Very powerfully written. =D=

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Sweet! Well done! Love the jumps in time there! Excellent job on the transition :D

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Nice work! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.