main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Forgotten Past- AU/Drama/Romance COMPLETE 7/11/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Anduli_Vader, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    Wow... this story is really incredible. I'm certainly interested in the new story, I'd love to be added to the PM list.

I hope Luke does make it through the trial... it'd be rather sad for them to be married and then be separated by death... kind of like the last Pirates movie...

Love the story though, no matter which way it goes :)

2. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Wow, great update!! So sweet... [face_love]

3. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Ohh! Wonderful Update!

[:D]
    Such a great idea, a character from Lukes past- one he's actually pleased to see!
    Who needs remember trials when you've got love, right?

Please sign me onto the PM list for the next story.:)

4. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Oooh, so, Luke's past comes back to him with something positive for once. I wonder what dear old dad will think of this? I feel that Vader may have many a word to be heard, lol.

5. Anduli_Vader

Anduli_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2008
    dancing_star, dm1, CommanderK23 and darthhelinith : Glad you like my tale and you're on the list! :D A big welcome to CommanderK23 as well!

Jedi_Master_Cazz: Um, so far he's not quite sure what's going on! :confused:

The-Solo-Smirk: They do go a long way, eight years! Their story will be explained a little bit in the next post. Thanks for reading!

6. Anduli_Vader

May 11, 2008
    Chapter Fifteen

?Are you sure you want to do this??

?Yes. I am done with the posturing. Let?s get this over with.?

?Very well then,? a soft sigh, ?I will prepare the statement.?

A voice with mingled appreciation and bitterness, ?Thank you for all your help. Had this trial not been biased from the beginning, we would have won.?

?I just wish we?d have had more time. I really don?t like losing.?

?Neither do I but you can?t win all of them, not against the Empire.?

Avery sighed as he remembered the conversation from this morning. Luke?s decision had both stunned and saddened him, but he also understood the proud young man?s reasoning. Every day that this trial lingered on, the more degrading and wearing it was. The Empire truly was biased in his case.

Luke was sitting next to him and he said softly with his head straight forward, ?Wedge, before you left the Alliance, did you happen to find a narrow white box in my quarters??

Antilles looked startled as he said, ?Yeah, I did. I brought it with me on the Falcon. I?ve got it in my pocket right now.?

?Would you please hand it to Carlist??

?Sure,? he answered.

Carefully he reached in his long chest pocket and withdrew a slender, rectangular box. As he handed it to Carlist Leia gasped. It was made out of a single piece of milk white jade and had delicate carvings inlaid with gold filigree.

?Open it enough that you can see inside but the other?s can?t,? Luke instructed.

Carlist had a little trouble with the tiny but strong clasp. When he pried it open he inhaled a sharp breath.

Luke remained silent for a few minutes. When he finally spoke his voice was barely more than a whisper. ?Would you be willing to help, Carlist??

Avery looked over at Rieekan and was startled to see tears in the older man?s eyes. ?I would be honored,? he choked out.

?Avery,? Luke turned to him, ?is there any way you can coax an extension on my evening time limit for sometime next week??

?How late are you thinking??

?Uh, 2300 maybe??

?I?ll see what I can do,? Avery answered to cover his confusion. Why would Luke need clearance to be out more than three hours after his usual lock-up time?

After the jury and Atticus walked into the room, Avery stood. He sighed; none of his clients had ever asked him to do this before. ?Your Honor, my client would like to forgo any further part on his defense.?

Atticus looked startled. He sent a sharp gaze at Luke before he turned his head and said, ?Does the prosecution have anything they wish to add??

?No, Your Honor,? Kallen answered. He looked gleeful and shot a smug look at Avery.

?Then we shall proceed to the closing statements.?

Kallen stood and walked around the edge of his desk. He cleared his throat and said, ?Your Honors, though we have heard some interesting counters to the horrors of this trial, one thing remains constant and unchallenged. These are the facts of this man?s life. He was an Imperial assassin, the elite of the elite before his fall. He had access to more luxuries and privileges in this Empire than any of us here today and he betrayed that trust. He became a Rebel, killing Imperial soldiers and more people than any single member of the Empire. He?s a killer and will remain so his entire life. He?s lied and manipulated his way through the rules of the Empire and there is no hope of him changing his colors now. He is not a hero or a savior of the light. He is too dangerous to be set free, a rabid wolf rather than a tame dog. It is time to retire him, permanently.?

Avery stood up, drawing the eyes of the courtroom to him. Slowly he pushed in his chair, each movement lingering for a few moments. He strode up to the jury, catching the eyes of a few of the military officers. He began to speak, voice soft enough that those in the back rows were required to lean forward to hear him.

?My esteemed colleague calls Luke Skywalker a rabid wolf. I do not see that when I look at him. Do you see a trained killer who hates the Empire, or a young man who carries a t

7. Anduli_Vader

May 11, 2008
    Chapter Sixteen

Exactly a week later Luke and the others were preparing to leave for the evening. The only clue the others had been given was the waterspeeder parked out on the beach. Luke wore a simple white shirt with a round neckline and low cuff along with a pair of crisp black pants and black knee-high boots. Tucked into Avery?s suitcase was a long overcoat of black velvet with blue water-stones on the stiff shoulders and winding in a spiral over both arms. The water-stones were trimmed in gold thread.

When Avery had shown Luke what he had procured for the ceremony, Luke had gasped in shock. It was beautiful and elaborate, hand-tailored to Avery?s measurements. When he had started to protest Avery had sternly answered, ?Don?t you dare say a word. I was glad to do this for you.?

As Luke looked in the mirror he sighed and tugged at the left sleeve. The only thing that had been difficult over the past week and today had been concealing his nerves and excitement from his father. He laughed as he remembered when he?d first met Arimaè.

He?d been thirteen years old, newly initiated into the Deadly Shadows program and not yet burdened with shame at what he did. He?d just finished the first mission and was attending a night in the Court, watching the courtiers from above and wishing he could be down there.

A voice had greeted him and he?d turned his head to see a little girl with black hair. At first Luke considered her an annoyance but as time went by and they?d begun to understand each other, he had enjoyed her company. It had shocked them both when he had taken control that night in the Imperial gardens and kissed her.

They both knew it was forbidden to Imperial agents as it was considered a weakness they could ill-afford. Luke?s stubborn gear had kicked in and he hadn?t cared. All that mattered was her and how she made him feel. By the time of his last mission where he?d left the Empire, the friendship had changed into a full-blown romance. It had killed him to leave her behind and ignore his timid hopes for his future.

Carefully he folded a throw blanket and tossed it over the edge of a chair. He walked downstairs, amused that his delaying tactic had worked so well. His father stood near the base of the stairs along with Han, Carlist, Avery, Pellaeon and all the rest except Leia. Luke knew that his sister was pondering what her dress could mean.

As Luke reached the base of the stairs he smiled at Carlist. Han was watching the stairs from near the door and Luke watched with glee as his expression went from slightly bored to gape-jawed amazement. He spun around and looked up the stairs, grinning at his sister. She looked beautiful in an amber gown that exposed her slender shoulders and neck.

Luke walked out the door and placed one hand on the side of the speeder. Before anyone could protest he pressed against the door and vaulted over, landing in the driver?s seat. He pushed open the door on the other side and laughed as Avery said, ?If you?re driving I?d better sit here. We don?t want any of the jury seeing you piloting.?

?Avery, their already decided, they only wanted two weeks so that it would look like they were really deliberating their decision.?

Luke backed the speeder into the waves and turned it around, making most of his passengers beside his father nervous by using one hand. Smoothly he pointed it toward the destination and put it in gear. Making sure Avery was distracted; he slowly switched it to a higher gear and increased the throttle.

His father?s amusement trickled over their bond as their speed increased to around 260 mph. Luke sighed in contentment, leaning back and watching the water leap toward the stars. They were halfway there when Avery turned his head and yelped, ?Luke! Slow down!?

?Avery, you forget who you?re talking to. This is slow to me.?

?260 is still 150 miles over the speed limit!?

?Calm down, we?re almost there.? Luke pointed to an island not far ahead of them.

?And just how do you know that??

?I look

8. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    They both knew it was forbidden to Imperial agents as it was considered a weakness they could ill-afford. Luke?s stubborn gear had kicked in and he hadn?t cared. All that mattered was her and how she made him feel. By the time of his last mission where he?d left the Empire, the friendship had changed into a full-blown romance. It had killed him to leave her behind and ignore his timid hopes for his future.

I love a good forbidden romance story! Maybe we'll have a flashback of their saying goodbye or something? I liked the fact that Luke didn't reveal the nature of the occasion to his friends and family!

What's to come? I am not quite sure about that...

9. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    And with the uniting of two souls, Anakin also is complete.

That was so sweet...
    *is day dreaming*

10. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Aww, that was lovely!! [face_love]@};- Beautiful update and looking forward to more!![:D] I too would enjoy a flashback scene! ;)
    =D=

11. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    Aww that was gorgeous! Luke is a clever thing isn't he for keeping it all a surprise! I can't wait to read more and find how this pans out.

12. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I love weddings.... sweet, and I love how Luke kept it a surprise. And Han liked how Leia looked in her gown, I caught that....

So dad-in-law is inviting his new daughter-in-law to stay with them, nice idea.

13. Anduli_Vader

May 11, 2008
    The-Solo-Smirk: Like being first don't you? And as for the forbidden romance thing... Luke's like his dad, you tell him he can't do something and he just has to do it. :p

Glad you liked it helinith! Don't get lost in those daydreams. They tend to bring up more plot bunnies! :eek:

dancing_star: That was very sweet.. I loved writing it even though it took me a while. @};-

Jedi_Master_Cazz: Luke is very clever. As for how it turns out... read on.

dm1: I wonder if our Dark Lord has caught on to the fact that he may have a smuggler for a son-in-law...[face_skull] :mad: [face_beatup]

14. Anduli_Vader

May 11, 2008
    Chapter Seventeen

Avery sat behind the desk, considering the morning. It was a beautiful day today. Too beautiful for such a dark, bleak trial. He knew Luke was going to be found guilty, that the Empire was going to execute him and yet he couldn?t find it in his heart to regret the decision to represent the young Jedi Knight. He was idealistic but held true to himself throughout the entire trial.

He had been shocked and upset when Luke had asked him to end the trial until he had looked at it from Luke?s point of view. The Empire had made Luke into something he wasn?t and he hated putting his past on display like he had been forced to do. He was content with looking to the future and what it would bring. He almost found himself hoping that Luke would be imprisoned rather than killed, but he knew that would be even worse of a free spirit like Luke?s.

At the base of all his thinking, Avery found himself wishing that he?d met Luke before all this had started. He was an honorable, likeable young man and Avery held him in higher esteem than many of the courtiers and military officers that he was forced to consort with.

He wondered what pain it had been for Lord Vader to sit behind his son and be unable to do a thing about it. He had greatly respected the Dark Lord before but now he felt only pity for him. Due to the vows he had taken at the beginning of the Empire, he would be forced to sit aside and let his only son be killed. Avery had long ago envied the Dark Lord for his position and the privileges that he had been given but now he wouldn?t have it for the entire galaxy. It was an elaborate prison, a cell of gold and silk.

Luke stood behind the doors of the courtroom, waiting for his announcement. He linked his hands behind his head and stretched, attempting to look unconcerned. He knew what the verdict was going to be and yet some part of him hoped for a miracle. He considered his appearance and grinned. He knew he would make an impact in the traditional Jedi robes. What the hell, it was worth a shot even if it turned the jury even further against him.

It had been a week since his wedding and Arimaè had kept him company for a couple hours every day. They had talked about their past together and caught up on events in each other?s lives since he?d left the Empire. Mostly he?d held her in his arms and thanked the Force he?d been given even this long with his wife. He found himself memorizing her features, the way her eyes lit when she laughed, the sweet, spicy smell of her hair and skin.

The court chamberlain announced him and he nudged the doors with the Force, causing them to open without hesitation. His father stared at him and as he sat next to Avery a dry voice crackled in his head, Is that really the best idea, son?

Father, you know they?ve made their decision already. Nothing I do or say is going to change their minds.

His father fell silent and he crisply stood when Atticus was given a sheet of flimsiplast. ?Has the jury reached their decision??

?Yes,? Ckoden answered. He looked smug as he continued, ?In the case of Empire vs. Luke Skywalker, the vote was unanimous. We find the defendant guilty on all counts.?

?Very well.? Atticus seemed tired as he continued, ?The jury has three days to decide on sentencing. The defendant is welcome to remain at Lord Vader?s estate at this time as this body believes it to be as secure as the Detention Center.? He cracked a small bell with a stick and said, ?This case is closed.?

Luke turned and walked out of the courtroom. His father started to say something and instead turned toward the Palace. ?I must go. I will be back in an hour or so.?

?Take your time,? Luke whispered.

Lord Vader bitterly wished he hadn?t had to leave at that time. The Emperor had called him through the Force, demanding his presence. He thought about his son?s comment and reflected that compared to the Old Republic, the Empire was a great deal more biased. He had three days with his son, thanks to Impe

15. Anduli_Vader

May 11, 2008
    Chapter Eighteen

The private sitting room of Lord Vader?s upper level had a splendid view of his private gardens and was filled with soft, overstuffed chairs. The sun was setting and the light filtered into the room, spilling crimson and gold across the floor and splashing onto the walls. It was a beautiful room, meant for small gatherings and lazy conversation.

Luke didn?t notice any of this. He sat two feet off the ground in mid air, legs crossed in the lotus position and eyes closed in meditation. Han, Carlist and Wedge were down checking on the Falcon and his sister and wife were cheerfully assisting as they discussed politics. The largest absence over the past two days had been his father.

Luke frowned. He didn?t know quite what was bothering his father, only that whenever he?d been near him he?d been unable to sense any of the older man?s thoughts. That alone was odd; his father had rarely closed him off that thoroughly in the past couple of months.

He had guessed the reason for his father?s disappearance right after the verdict with a reasonable degree of accuracy. He knew Palpatine would want to gloat. He wondered if the Emperor hadn?t told his father something else. Such as the manner of his death. Luke knew he wouldn?t be imprisoned, that the Empire would want to have some joyous day where they put to death a well-known face of the Rebel Alliance.

He let go of the Force and stood up before he touched the floor, moving wearily to a chair. He had tried to convince himself for the length of the trial that he wouldn?t care, that he was unafraid of death. It hadn?t worked, not after his wedding. Now he could hardly stand to think of the fact that he would be separated from his wife, a woman he had loved since he was 14 years old.

It had been hard enough to say goodbye to her the first time around.

?Arimaè, I have to tell you something.?

?What is it?? she looked at him, eyes filled with love and trust.

?Remember how you?ve asked me what I do for the Empire? I owe you an explanation now.?

She looked at him, not understanding why. ?Don?t tell me. It doesn?t matter to me now. All that matters is you,? she placed a finger on his lips.

Tenderly he kissed that finger before he whispered, ?In Imperial files I?m called Deadly Shadows. I?m an assassin. When I was a child the Emperor took me from my homeworld and they modified my memories, made me into an unbeatable killer.?

She looked at him, through him as he continued. ?I used to see my work as a duty to the Empire. Nothing pleasant about it. But on my last mission I was ordered to burn Jedi children alive. One of them looked at me with fear and pain in his eyes and I couldn?t do it. I killed the commandos I was traveling with instead.?

?Luke, the Emperor will catch you! You shouldn?t have come back here.?

?I had to, I couldn?t leave without saying goodbye. The Jedi I?m traveling with is going to take me to the Rebel Alliance. I had to tell you that I love you before I left.?

?Don?t say goodbye again, Skywalker,? she hissed, eyes alight with determination. ?We will see each other again and we will be together.?

?I?m not so sure, Arimaè. My path has been clouded over,? his voice was soft.

?You have to believe, Luke. Now go,? she said.

He started to leave and then turned back, catching her in his arms and kissing her, letting his mouth convey what words couldn?t. Then he tenderly stroked her cheek and walked away, fading into the night.

Luke came out of his daydreams when he heard soft footsteps behind him. He ignored them, concentrating on calming his mind and body. His father?s servants came in and out occasionally, cleaning and leaving without so much as a word to him. He had been startled with their quiet efficiency at first. Now he barely noticed them.

?Luke,? his father?s soft baritone rumbled behind him.

He turned his head and looked at his father, surprised to see him there. He smiled and stood, walking toward the tall figure. ?I had wondered where you disappeared to, Father.?

16. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    =D=Bravo!! Wonderful ending! Absolutely loved how Vader sat behind Luke each time and did what he was asked to do throughout the trial, but once that was all over, he was able to submit and do what was right!:) Still, :_| a bittersweet ending.

Congrats on a great fic! Dare I ask about a future sequel?

17. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    ?My son,? Lord Vader reached out and carefully lifted his son?s gaze to his, touching one slender cheekbone. ?This trial has caused me to doubt Palpatine more than ever, but I will not let you die. You are precious to me, worth more than any Empire. Tell your sister I love her and tell both her and Solo that I am sorry for the pain I?ve caused them.?

?Father,? Luke began, voice breaking.

Anakin reached out one hand and pulled his son toward him. He embraced him firmly, reveling in the youth and strength in his son?s body. When Luke pulled back his eyes shimmered with unshed tears.

?Now go,? he whispered, giving his son?s shoulder a gentle shove.

?Father, I can?t take that chance with your life,? Luke protested.

?And I won?t take that chance with yours, Luke. Go!? He gave his son a firmer push than he intended. Luke staggered slightly and broke into a jog. He walked up the ramp of the Falcon and the ship lifted off, roaring toward the open skies...

...Luke sat in the game room on the Falcon, stunned at what his father had done. Tears streamed down his face as he silently thanked the Dark Lord for the chance he?d given him.

Oh wow. I could quote this whole thing back! So powerfully written and moving. :_|=D=@};- I loved it!!

Amazing end to an amazing story! I hope you decide to do a sequel! [face_batting]
    =D= [:D]@};-

18. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    Awww! A perfect ending! We've seen the flashback (you're the best!) and Vader saves Luke by helping him escape. I like stories where Vader takes the chance for redemption in the end!

<3 :)

19. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    Be safe under the stars my son. I will see you soon.

Oh, wow... what an incredible ending! :eek: It was so powerful. Is there going to be a sequel? [face_praying]

Bravo! =D=

20. Anduli_Vader

May 11, 2008
    Jedi_Master_Cazz: There is a sequel planned! I've even started writing it. I'm glad you liked the decision Vader came to.

dancing_star: It's fine to quote! I loved that part as well. :D

The-Solo-Smirk: Thank you for your kind words!

CommanderK23: Thank you! There will be a sequel. It's called Walk Among the Stars.

Thank You!
    Jedi_Master_Cazz
    dancing_star
    dm1
    The-Solo-Smirk
    CommanderK23
    KELIA
    EGKenobi
    Sabriel_Orion
    Sara_Kenobi
    darthhelinith
    JediXManSerenaKenobi
    Jade_eyes
    lighsaberbeauty
    alderaanprincess
    JediNat
    darth_vaderette
    Kyana-Morgaine
    Darth_Drachonus

And anyone else I may have forgotten!

21. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    Sorry I stopped commenting. I had lost the net here. :(

Anyway, I loved the end of the story!!! Well, the whole story actually. heh.

Please add me to that pm list for Walk Among the Stars.

Thanks! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.