main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE FORMULA: ON SCHEDULE!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Digital_LlamaCH, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital_LlamaCH

Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2001
    Ladies, Gentlemen, and Star Wars fans-

I use my 900th post to inform the world:
    After the craziest week of my entire life, The Formula is on schedule. One final night of editing remains, and then the film is off to be compressed.

The past 2 weeks have been filled with emergency rotoscoping (2 minutes of footage in 48 hours using AfterEffects, beat THAT!), scrounging for (and making) sound effects, recording voiceovers, timing music, last minute tweaking of edits, reshooting scenes, writing opening and closing credits which seem to grow every time i revise them, driving back and forth between my house and the studio to deliver files to Steve, and becoming incredibly paranoid that we're getting everything finished.

I also wanna take this time to apologize to everyone who's been trying to chat with me and being cut off with blunt replies of "I'm BUSY!!!" or "Rotoscoping, please go away" or something to that effect :) .... I didn't know the definition of the words 'crunch time' until i got into post-production.

So, the film will be done soon, the "Waiting in Line" edition of DLR will be out this weekend along with Players Guide #3, and then we will *all* wait in anticipation to see The Formula makes its world premiere.

(mumbling) We're on schedule... we're on schedule... I will not be Devon Read... I will not be Devon Read..... :D

-Chris

2. Jedi_Master_dude

Jedi_Master_dude Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2001
    Sweet! Can't wait!

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    "You may dispense with the pleasantries, Commander, I'm here to put you back on schedule."

Congrats -- can't wait to see it :)

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. BarryOTP

BarryOTP Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Congrats man. Looking forward to it.

5. Canman1138

Canman1138 Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Can't wait to see it!

Boba Fatt

6. alphacentauri

alphacentauri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    I'm also in the process of making a short film. We just started and we now have about 3 min.
    We had a lot's of bad luk, camera problem, weather etc..
    I'm living in the Netherland and I don't believe there is someone else doing a SW fan film in holland (I did'nt find one)
    So it will be (the first ) ??
    Or is there someone else?

7. Digital_LlamaCH

Jan 30, 2001
    LOL... and the "Best thread hijacking" goes to....

No, i don't know of any other fanfilms in holland, but this message board is just the tip of the iceburg. I know of fanfilms from Australia, Germany, England, Mexico, France, Hungary, Canada, Spain (i think?), but nothing from Holland comes to mind. Stick around the forum and someone might show up, but you're the first I've heard of.

-Chris

8. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    Excellent. Pick a thread, any thread...

So just to show the level of sadness I have reached in my life Re:Fanfilms, Nikki booked a holiday and when I heard the dates the first thing I thought was Dang, I'm going to miss the release of the Formula!

I keep promising myself I will, but I've really got to get out more... :p

9. Kador

Kador Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2001
    DaftMaul, your futile attempt to have a life will only drag you further down into the dark side. Let go your obligations, and join us....
    *cackles madly and all that stuff*

Can't wait Llama, this should be good :)

10. Digital_LlamaCH

Jan 30, 2001
    Don't worry, Daft, i'll make sure Jeff keeps it online until you get back.... <rolls eyes>

Nice to know you're thinking of us. :)

-Chris

11. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Chris is going to pay for my NyQuil so I can sleep through the weekend.

That or a big mallet to hit myself with. :p

M. Scott

12. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    Mallots are cheaper.

Ya know, I really can't wait for this film. Which is odd considering I haven't seen any footage from the movie *cough, cough*, or heard any plot details or story overviews. Keep up the awesome work. And don't stress out over the fact that millions of people around the world are eyeing you waiting for the release date to hit. It's all good.

Also, I'm anxious to see Ewing insert Jarjar a couple dozen times in the "phantom edit" of the film.

13. CalQdeX

CalQdeX Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2001
    // uses Homer voice
    mmm Formula ahhhhhhhhhhhh;

14. Digital_LlamaCH

Jan 30, 2001
    Off to the hardware store to by Dorkman a mallet...

And Comyn, a plot synopsis is available on our page in the Coming soon section. Hee hee... not exactly a full one, but hey, i'm not one for much spoilers. People that listen to the radio show know my feelings on knowing too much about a movie before seeing it.

BTW, cool icon Comyn. I love that comic. :)

-Chris

15. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Chris:
    Same here... Tag and Bink are great...

HEY RUBIO! When we gonna see the fanfilm version of TAG AND BINK ARE DEAD? :D

Heck, I'd pay good money to see that one... :)

Fenn

16. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    HA! I just picked it because it looked funny. Guess I should go read the comic now....

17. Digital_LlamaCH

Jan 30, 2001
    Fenn: Don't tempt me, i'm such a big fan of the comic... but could you imagine the budget for that thing? LOL.... with everywhere they go, i don't even wanna start on a set list. :)

-Chris

18. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Wait, Chris - you're making a film?? [face_shocked]

:p

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

19. Digital_LlamaCH

Jan 30, 2001
    <takes mallet intended for Dorkman and uses it on NickLong>

-Chris

20. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Chris:
    Yeah, the budget could be high, but think... a lot of it could be done with virtual sets... and there's people here (myself included) who could pull it off...
    I bet Dark Horse has got all the rights tied up to it, tho... :( but it's a nice fantasy idea... :D

Fenn

21. Digital_LlamaCH

Jan 30, 2001
    UPDATE:

It is almost 5 AM, and i'm just getting home from our final editing session. The film, for all practical purposes, is finished. The editing suite currently is doing its final rendering so i can dub it to MiniDV and get it sent off to whoever ends up compressing it for us. (There's a good question....)

Now that i've finally seen the film in its entirety, i'm pretty happy with it. As my idol director Robert Rodriguez once said, "Every director has about 8 or 9 bad films in them they need to get out of their system." I think that for being new at this, we made a pretty good "bad film #1".

The film clocks in at approximately 53 minutes, though i could be off a digit or two. The caffeine is starting to lose its effect and the walls are melting again. Time to put the holiday to use and SLEEP IN... MUCH MUCH kudos to Steve, who has about 24 hours to pack and do everything he needs to head off for the east coast, and still stuck it out with me so we could get everything ready before he left.

Well, barring a natural disaster.... THE FORMULA, coming this Saturday. You have been warned.

-Chris "So much for the Afterglow" Hanel

22. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    ::Appluase::
    53 minutes as well, Wow! What is really cool is I literally have no idea at all what this film is about, I am completely unspoiled.
    ::Translation::
    Your trailers were garbage, they told me nothing :p

Seriously though, well done on finishing the epic, I'm looking forward to seeing it...

23. CalQdeX

CalQdeX Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2001
    ...excitement...rapidly...becoming...to much

24. Master_Comyn

Nov 17, 2000
    "Your trailers were garbage, they told me nothing"

Tell me about it!

And to better express how busy they were, I give you the IM conversation I had with him last night:

ChrisHanel: Steve's here.
    ChrisHanel: Wanna say hi?
    Intel507: Sure.
    Intel507: Hey, Steve.
    ChrisHanel: "Hey"
    ChrisHanel: "Humans use narcotics!"
    Intel507: Sad but true.
    *long pause*
    Intel507: Is that the only thing anyone can think of to say to me?!
    Intel507: Although, I guess I should be thankful that you actually got the quote right.
    Intel507: I mean, Daft's gone and screwed it up so many times.
    ChrisHanel: lol
    Intel507: *edited for content*!
    Intel507: don't quote me on that.
    *another long pause*
    Intel507: So how've you been, Steve?
    Intel507: (or should I start a conversation with you?)
    ChrisHanel: lol

*yet another long pause*

----------

Okay, notice how LITTLE they talk in proportion to myself. They were definently up to something.

By the way, that's my *typical* conversation with Mr. Hanel. It mainly consists of me ranting and him adding a few sporadic lol's.

25. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    HAH! Chris actually talks to me, he LIKES me! :p to you!!

/me thumbs nose

;)

Well, I guess i'll wait for my DVD to drop through the letter box on Saturday then...

..speaking of DVDs, I seem to have one of Dark Skies, but no DVD cover... hmmm....

anyway,
    Nick "Shorty" Long

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.