The Formula - Released

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by NickLong, Jun 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Semaj Ovured Jedi Master

star 4
    Three short words ... I LOVED IT. (although I'd like to think that ROGUE has a "well crafted story" wink wink)

The formula has something so few fan films have ... ACTING! And a compelling story didn't hurt either.

Well done, boys (and girl). Servo, we'll talk more later!

Semaj
  2. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Looks like FFX is not responding right now.

If someone has it on their computer with a fast upload speed, let me know. We'll get a temp mirror of it online tomorrow morning.

3. Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Master

star 4
    Jeff,

we're working on getting the 3-part version for you as soon as possible, but the soonest may be next weekend. I'm supposed to be getting a DVD version by tuesday-wednesday, which we'll send off to be compressed as soon as i have it in my hands. I won't even stop to watch it...*sniffle*

anyways, much better quality version that REALLY shows off the saber effects is coming soon, guys.
  4. ObiWanSpicoli Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Chris,

I'm probably going to come off as a jerk by asking this, because I know that you're super busy getting out your wonderful movie, but about how soon can we expect a new episode of the radio show????
  5. Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Master

star 4
    No, you are not a jerk by asking.

I still have the audio files from waiting in line from Episode II. I thought that after we finished the film, i'd just have to set up the premiere party and that was be a cinch...

//rolls eyes yeeeeeah. riiiiight.

The week before the premiere was absolute chaos. I put on my "PR" hat and went a promotin'. And let me tell you it was a hoot.... (That was for all you people on the boards that hate that term.)

But anyways, yeah. Radio show hopefully coming tonight or tomorrow. I have some more music to insert and some more random swear words to bleep. (When you're standing within earshot of 200 people, it happens.)

-Chris
  6. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "anyways, much better quality version that REALLY shows off the saber effects is coming soon, guys."

You're DAMN RIGHT. :p

Well, I just saw it. Really great work guys. It was great fun, lots of laughs, a great message...can't wait to see the high-quality!

Good to finally see what I sacrificed my social life to over the past couple months, and in the end I'm proud to have been a part of it.

That'll do, pig. That'll do. ;)

M. Scott
  7. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    lama I think you should wait to put your show up until the server gets back to normal...will there be anymore this summer after you loose a lama memeber or will you guys stop?
  8. Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Master

star 4
    That's already been all taken care of. Steve is in Massachucettes (i'm sure i mangled THAT spelling), so Josh Wasta of Player's Guide will be taking his spot. There's also a good chance Justin will be back, which is funny, considering that it would mean that he was gone for only ONE WHOLE SHOW! :)

Just to let you know, we're working on a much nicer digitalllama.com that will allow Steve to make news updates any time he wants to fill us in on what's going on. I'm sure he'll have some great things to say about the kind words you guys have had, and i'll keep making sure that he knows what's up.

-Chris
  9. Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Master

star 4
    To update what's in the other thread, Fanfilmfx.com is currently down and The Formula is currently unavailable, apparently Jeff's working on getting the file on TFN until we get the 3-parter online. Sit tight, we'll get things sorted.

-Chris
  10. Master_Comyn Jedi Master

star 4
    Macho, it's LLAMA! L-L-a-m-a! Two L's! Yeesh... 8-}

I do have one question, though. About that continuity joke (at least, I think it was a joke) you guys had with Abe's hat disappearing and you turning into Justin. Just what the hell was that?

And another question, while I'm at it. Could you tell me what exactly you're lines are when "Greg" notices you took $200 from the Trekkies? I keep rewinding it and listening, but still just can't figure it out. It doesn't make sense.
  11. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    See Chris? I'm not the only one who doesn't get the financial thing. I SORTA get it, but it's been a while since you explained it. :p

M. Scott

12. Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, i will explain both for everyone's benefit-

1) The mathematical savvy explanation

How does Tom turn 120 dollars for the store into 200 bucks to split between Greg and himself?

1) Stewart panics and gives Tom too much money, 200 bucks, after spilling slushie on 120 dollars worth of comics.

2) Tom notices the top copy is the only issue damaged. The comics were being sold as a set, for a marked down price.

3) Tom trashes the top copy and decides to sell the rest at their individual cover price, so that he will still make the same amount of money. He then sells Greg's boss a different set that he had. Therefore, the money that Stewart gave Tom is no longer needed to make up for the damaged comic. He is free to keep all 200 and split it between him and Greg.

TA DA! Math in the real world!

2) The continuity joke
    Watch from the line "Pants are the key to Star Wars" up until that moment. Watch greg's head. You'll get the rest. We were making fun of continuity. That joke went on for 4 seconds longer, but Steve cut it out because it dragged to long, and i agreed. We'll throw it on the website someday. :)

-Chris "Dr. Science" Hanel
  13. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Okay, it took me until this viewing to figure out who you reminded me of but two of you have very View Askew acting styles.

Chris = Jason Lee
    Abe = Kevin Smith

Just an observational thing.

And the Trekkies dressed pretty trendy. For Trekkies.

AND since we're talking about Greg's hat--WTF HAPPENED TO HIS HAIR?!

GOD I want to see a high-res...

M. Scott
  14. Ptx Jedi Master

star 4
    It's been brought up by Lokmer, and I second it.

I want this DVD on my shelf! (Region free, of course :))

Great film. Soo much better than that Trek 'movie' with Shatner in. Free Enterprise was it? It seemed to have a similar feel, but was so much fun to watch!

Musical Ep IV - Classic moment!

What can I say, it had great everything, but lousy compression :(

Maybe I should start listening to the radio show....

<Applauds everyone involved>

<twice>

Pete
  15. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
  16. Master_Comyn Jedi Master

star 4
    And another thing. I noticed that EVERYONE except Abe and Becca were dressed the same. You, Justin, AND the Trekkies had on a white shirt with some kind of stylish open short-sleeved over-shirt on. They put you in charge of wardrobe or something? 8-}
  17. link64PD Jedi Master

star 4
  18. Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Master

star 4
    My god... Azeem must be slipping in his old age.... <huge grin, runs for his life>

-Chris
  19. Master_Comyn Jedi Master

star 4
    Must be all that armor. Heats finally getting to him.
  20. BarryOTP Jedi Knight

star 1
    Congratulations, you've now been quoted. It seems to be a regular thing between me and my friend right now... funny the things we quote are quotes from other movies...but now remembering them from The Formula. Especially "And I'll miss you most of all scarecrow!" and "Let it be said that your sense for retail lacks any mathematical saavy." Classic gents. Classic.
  21. Tan-Way Jedi Padawan

The dream sequance in the theater had me rolling on the floor. After the movie ended I went right back to that part and laughed at it as hard as the first time.

Great work...

"This will be a [fan film], long remembered."
  22. StarFett Force Ghost

star 2
    *sighs and sits waiting to be able to watch it in a three part fashion*
    "No body knows the waiting I've been doing..." *sings*

It sounds like its super cool, can't wait till I can watch it!
    -StarFett
    "With clones a man can die a thousand deaths..."
  23. Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Master

star 4
    The soonest will probably be this weekend.

And just a warning, the 3 parts will probably add up to more than 211 MB, due to the higher quality.

Other fixes i can think of-

-Music at the very beginning and at beginning of matrix fight is almost nonexistant as a result of a bad transfer to VHS.

-Modified credits to include music and a few names we missed, and they just might scroll too... :)

Don't worry, i'll have it online as soon as i can.

-Chris

24. BarryOTP Jedi Knight

star 1
    He spoils us. tee hee

*though without sounding whiny.*

Any hope of Divx version or something? Seeing as how my QuickTime Player is screwed beyond belief I have only been able to watch it very small in my browser.
  25. Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Master

star 4
    I sincerely doubt a Divx version. I don't wanna alienate Mac users. If someone else wants to make a conversion of their own to Divx from the 3-part version, they're more than welcome, but TFN probably won't have room to host both versions.

-Chris
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.