The Formula - Released

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by NickLong, Jun 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. McC Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Chris, more quotes from some friends of mine for your pants page:

"Your Highness there's nothing more we can do tonight, my pants must be closed"

"Echo Station Three-T-A, we've spotted Imperial Pants!"

"Echo Base, this is Rogue Two, I've found pants, repeat I've found pants!" (pronoun replacement instead of noun, but hey)

"My pants are showing!?"

"Sir, Rebel pants are coming into our sector!" "Good, our first catch of the day!"

"Rogue group, use your harpoons and tow cables...go for the pants, it may be our only way of stopping them!"

Enjoy! :)
  2. JediTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ummmmm . . . . . . no. :p

(Let's leave the "pants" jokes to the comedic genius of The Llama Crew) ;)
  3. Janz_Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Isn't there a university in Cedar Rapids? I'm sure some theater majors would be interested. :) You could go recruit there.

For the camera, Sony TRV-17's are really cheap nowadays.

The pants jokes are really old, so maybe their still in the public domain. ;)

Chris
    The Pants will be with you. Always
  4. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "You love him don't you?"
    "Yes."
    "All right. I understand. When he gets back...I won't get in your pants."

M. Scott
  5. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    That's a good one :)

Am I right in thinking you Americans called Trousers Pants?
  6. ThreeDee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Am I right in thinking you Americans called Trousers Pants?
    I think so, Daft. :)

Also, by TwinSuns:

One last thing, not to sound to anxious but, is the commentary track online?
    I second this inquiry! I'm very eager to hear it! :)
  7. Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Master

star 4
    The first commentary track is online:

http://www.digitalllama.com/chriscommentary.mp3

This is me (Chris) flying solo, hopefully when Steve gets back we can have one of him by himself and then the 5 of us all together joking about the movie.

Also in store: The Formula - MST3k'd by themselves! :) Coming soon...

-Chris
  8. ThreeDee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just watched it with the commentary, it was great. Really made me appreciate more what went into it (gee, ya think..).

So when is this DVD that you mentioned a few times coming out, and where can it be acquired? :)

Oh, and you are so not a bad actor. A couple of the flubbed lines did sound flubbed, but the one in the parking lot monologue just sounded like your character was really getting lost in his frustration and speaking before he thought (especially because of the way he sort of put his hands to his head like, "arrh! What am I saying!?"), so it worked well for me.
  9. MoffJake Jedi Master

star 4
    Great Commentary. A good way to watch the film for the 3rd time.

Also, I found it really fun to listen to Episode 1 (it's episode 3, actually) of Digital Llama Radio (before it was hosted on TFN). Check it out!
  10. ObiWanSpicoli Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd also like to say that the commentary was really good, in fact, it was a lot better than some commentaries I've heard on a bunch of DVD's of hollywood movies by a bunch of big time filmmakers. It was very professional, funny, and informative. I can't wait for the next one, the DVD, and good luck on getting it on a film festival.
  11. McC Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the commentary, Chris! Had to re-synch it a few times (Media Player for playing mp3s (or anything else) blows, so I switched to WinAmp and had no further problems), but otherwise it was great. Can't wait to hear the tracks for the others. Hey, when/how can we get DVDs? I'd absolutely love to get one.
  12. Janz_Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, I had to resync as well, with Winamp! Quicktime would pause occasionally and offset the dialog on the movie with what you could hear on the mp3.

I guess that is a good tool for syncing to the movie, but most of the time there was this off-kilter stereo sound.

Chris
  13. ThreeDee Jedi Knight

star 1
    I turned off the sound of the Quicktime and just listened to the mp3 while playing the .mov silently. It works, since you can hear the movie in the background of the commentary. :) I did have to resynch a few times though, after maybe 10 minutes the movie got a second or so off.

By the way, during the "montage" sequence, you (Chris) said it's done to "The Gorillas." You mean the band, or is there a song so called? If the former, which song is it?
  14. Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Master

star 4
    The band is actually the Gorillaz, if i remember the correct spelling. The song is called Re-Hash.

DVD's... we won't be selling any. We *will* be working on a way to be able to distribute a fairly good number for free, but how many, when, and to who is a very big grey area.

The one thing i will say, though: If we can't get out a dvd to very many people, i'm going to make sure every extra that is on the DVD will also be downloadable on the net by anyone, just to make sure everyone gets a taste.

Glad you liked the commentary. Expect more in the future. DLR #9 is hopefully right around the corner.

-Chris
  15. HTS_HetH Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey!

I´ve watched your movie this last weekend for the first time. It´s great! I love it. This really shows what a good fan film is about. FUN. I really think you guys did a good amount of acting. It all seemed to be quite natural. Oh and give special kudos to those freaked out trekkie (is that the right spelling? ;)) guy. Oh and may Greedo rest in peace, LOL.

Again, a great fan film I´ll definitely watch again.
  16. kryptofailin Jedi Knight

LOL! Michael Scott's, "I won't get into your pants," is my new favorite!

Cheers!
    Steve
  17. kryptofailin Jedi Knight

Hey Chris, I have NO idea how to do any sort of icon in here, and I don't have much time. Could you fashion one for me do you think? Something like Al Pacino in a storm trooper outfit. Or better yet, with Princess Leia hairbuns?

Email me, chief. Also, can you burn me a CD of your commentary? I'd like to hear it. I'll send you address info.

Peace,
    Stevie
  18. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *sigh*

Newbies...

Steve, if you want to add something after you've already posted, just edit your previous post.

Also, if you want an icon, it has to be made and approved. A good place to get an icon made, and on it's way to approval is at the Custom Icons Submission Thread Version 2.0 thread.

¤Eagle
  19. TwinSuns82 Jedi Knight

We *will* be working on a way to be able to distribute a fairly good number for free

I propose a race, first one to Cedar Rapids wins!

*Runs out the door, and peels out of the driveway.*

:D
  20. Jedi55 Jedi Knight

Does anyone else have a problem watching this movie? I have tried to download it like, 30 times and each time I try to view the movie, it freezes at the TFN films logo...
  21. TwinSuns82 Jedi Knight

22. Janz_Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Steve,

until that icon gets created and approved, you can pick one by clicking on "Options", then on "Choose your Icon". It's hard to find if you don't know where to look. And it's NOT in the Faq. ;)

Chris
    The other one
  23. McC Jedi Knight

star 1
    DVD's... we won't be selling any. We *will* be working on a way to be able to distribute a fairly good number for free, but how many, when, and to who is a very big grey area.

Why not? If you sell the DVDs for the price of the DVD, you're not making any money and thus not violating any copyrights. It's as if someone sent you a DVD they bought and said, "Hey, put your movie on here for me."
  24. Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, but we can't do any deal that has ANY exchange of money. The only way that we could do anything close to that is to have people send us blank DVD's in self-addressed stamped envelopes.

-Chris
  25. Nathan PTH Jedi Master

star 4
    Will you all just stop bothering him about DVDs and let him get back to Second Strike for *me*???

:p
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.