main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fortress *Ladies Only*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by empress of justice, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterYoda34

MasterYoda34 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2002
    Solo - LOL! As I said, I couldn't resist. It was just too golden an opportunity to pass up. ;) [face_laugh]

And...erm...I guess you're right. I was with you. Umm, my explanation for that is that I...er...teleported back to the Fortress. Sorry about that. I thought I had reviewed everything, but apparently not. I would teleport back, but the firewall's the type of thing that even my teleportation can't get through. Woops.

Onward and upward!

SQUELCH!

2. MasterYoda34

Jun 5, 2002
    WOO HOO! PAGE ADVANCE!

23 posts to go! :D

3. thegreatyoda

thegreatyoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    34: You're back! Now someone can understand all the Trek references. Yay! Glad to see that you're back and that your Grandpa is okay.

SOLO:

[image=http://mario.lapam.mo.it/tng/gifs/data.jpg]
    Data inquires: Why do you hate me?

One quick thing for the rest of you folk. With 22 posts to go I think we should come to a decision about what happens to this place. The general consensus seems to be that the Fortress should be locked by a mod (after we have had a chance to say our good-byes of course) and I tend to agree. Would everyone please send me a PM with your thoughts even if you have already stated them here. Once I have everyone's okay I will approach a Mod about locking the thread.

Damn. I'm getting all misty eyed even thinking about ending this. Back to the action before I turn into a embarrassing emotional mess.

*Legolas stands over his rapidly transforming foe.*

LEGOLAS: And now it ends.

*With great effort Yoda manages to sit up. Legolas' eyes widen as the boy grabs hold of the arrow and pulls it out of his body.*

LEGOLAS: This is impossible.

*With a little help from Natalie Yoda manages to stand.*

YODA: Yet, there it is.

LEGOLAS: This little show of bravado won't help you. You have still been infected by the arrow. Nothing can stop the transformation once it has begun. You might have slowed the process, but the result will be the same.

YODA: I still have enough time to take you down.

*Yoda throws a single punch which knocks Legolas to the floor. Yoda tries to take another step forward, but stumbles and falls. Elf and Fortesians are both on their knees, mere inches away from each other. The ship shakes again as they stare at each other.*

LEGOLAS: You really are going to try and fight me again?

YODA: Yes.

LEGOLAS: You know its hopeless.

YODA: Yes.

LEGOLAS: Then...why?

YODA: For the Fortress.

LEGOLAS: The Fortress will be destroyed.

YODA: You really don't get it do you? You can't destroy the Fortress. Sure, you can break it down. You can blow the roof off of the building, you can blow up our barricades, you can reduce the entire building to rubble if you feel the need. God knows Neon did it enough times.
    But the Fortress itself...no. The Fortress is invincible.

LEGOLAS:eek:h, really?

*Yoda nods.*

YODA: You keep on attacking the structure. The Fortress isn't a structure. It's not bricks and mortar or even binary. It's friendship. It's imagination. It's fellowship. It's family. The Fortress lies in the hearts and minds of the people who live in it, and as long as those principles live on then so does the Fortress.

That's what I am fighting for. That's what I have tried to protect for 9,978 posts. I'm fighting for my friends, Legolas. I am fighting for the family that I have found within those walls that you keep on trying to batter down. I am fighting for a group of people that I would do anything for. And years after these walls have fallen I would fight for them again if they needed me. What I am fighting for is something you can never destroy.

You know what I am talking about, Legolas. You know because it?s something that you experienced once upon a time.

LEGOLAS: The Fellowship of the Ring.

YODA: Yes! Don?t you remember what that felt like?

LEGOLAS: I remember?a bed in the House of Healing. Soft focus photography? Frodo smiling? Gimli hopping into the bed?and an audience laughing.

YODA: Forget the audience. How did you feel?

LEGOLAS: I was?we were a Fellowship, and?that?s really all that needs to be said.
    * Legolas stares at Yoda as is seeing him for the first time. *

LEGOLAS: I understand.

YODA: Then help me, Legolas. Help me protect the Fortress.

LEGOLAS: You would forgive me?

YODA: Dude, we forgave the Punisher. I think we can handle you. At least you?ve realized what we?re fighting for.

* Yoda sticks out his hand *

YODA: What do you say? You want to start taking back what you lost?

*Legolas grabs the outstretched hand and gives it a firm shake. Yoda gives Legolas a smile, and then

4. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    Good timing. I was actually going to post his appearance post now.

Jaxx, Ken Watanabe, Bob Saget, Mo'nique, and Melissa Joan Hart all are striding down the endless chasm that seemed to overtake the storyline for the last few days.

Jaxx realized that some higher power is forcing them to stall, so he stops. He turns and looks at each of those who he has assembled with them. Suddenly, he has an idea.

Jaxx:
    I'm going to use all of your special powers to help me get to this bad guy!

Ken Watanabe: Um...what special powers?

Jaxx: Look, just trust me, and do what I say, all right?

Bob Saget: But I am god, I am a divine higher power, and...

Jaxx: Yeah, whatever, just crash it Bob!

There is a long, awkward silence.

Jaxx:
    Right. Melissa, I need you to be Sabrina.

Melissa Joan Hart: I don't want to be Sabrina! That was my...ew, teenage job.

Jaxx: Ok, forget it. DON'T save the Fortress. DON'T be a hero. DON'T do what I say and you can all die!

Mo'nique: Who said anything about dyin'? We ain't dyin' are we?

Melissa Joan Hart: That wasn't in the script! James Earl Jones told us that we'd be ok!

Jaxx: You'd trust a Verizon salesman?

Another long pause.

Jaxx:
    Right, that's what I thought. Sabrina, turn into a witch and take us to the end of this tunnel!

Melissa Joan Hart sighs angrily and then turns into Sabrina. She uses her special magical powers and transports them all to the end of the tunnel. There is the home base. Jaxx turns to thank Melissa Joan Hart, but she is gone.

Jaxx:
    Looks like whoever uses their special powers disappear here. Hoo boy.

A mighty roar is heard, and suddenly thousands of evil little bad guys that look like frozen monsters converge on them.

Jaxx:
    Um, Bob, here's the time for you to come in. I need you to use your Powers of Suckitude.

Bob Saget: Huh? What powers of Suckitude?

Jaxx (fumbling for a more adequate response): Well, no, erm, how about your, um, stand-up routine! Yes, that's it...they'll be so astounded by it that they can't help but laugh!

Bob Saget nods heroically, and steps forth. He begins his vile stand-up routine, and before the first punchline could even be made, a tremendous sucking noise is made, and a vortex forms at Bob. All the evil villains are sucked into it, and Bob disappears with a *pop*.

Jaxx:
    Bye bye, Bob. Good riddance.

Jaxx, Ken Watanabe, and Mo'nique all go into the base camp of the evil villain. They walk around the deserted place, which looks eerily like a Christmas village. Jaxx goes into the biggest Christmas house, and looks around. The inside, however, looks like a throne room. And on the throne is...

none other than...

Jaxx:
    SANTA CLAUS?! Santa?! What...how....WHY?!

Santa: Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas!

Ken Watanabe: Um, Santa, it was just Valentine's Day.

Mo'nique: Yeah! And you're supposed to be jolly, not sending ice killers after us!

Jaxx: And no WAY Santa would allow Legolas to try to take over the Fortress. You're not Santa! Who are you?!

Santa: Fine. I am Xanta Klaus, the evil twin brother of my North Pole friend. You, my stupid little heroes, are in the SOUTH POLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Legolas was meant to be shipped to the North Pole, but the United States Postal Service got it wrong and sent him here, to me. How do you think he escaped?

Jaxx: That's it, Xanta. I'm going to stop you here now, once and for all! Mo'nique, BRING DOWN THE HOUSE!

Mo'nique starts a comedy routine that gets people laughing and stamping and making lots of noice, generally bringing down the house. The Christmas village disintegrates to reveal more Isengard-type machinery and factories. But Xanta is not deterred. He presses a button on the throne chair and is launched into outer space.

Xanta (from far away):
    I'm going to the Fortress and taking my evil army to destroy it! You can't stop me now, there is no one wh

5. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Xanta?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!? LOL!!!!!!! That is HILARIOUS Jaxx . I would be tempted to say that only you would come up with that. After all...only the writer of the "toenail of Palpatine" and other gross topics would think of this. *shivers just thinking about those very gross topics*

tgy - All I can say to your post was WOW. Really WOW. It got me teary-eyed and all! I can't believe we're getting so close to the end.

As for the end, don't worry, I won't ruin it.

Next very important topic: Are we going to do a Jedi Academy style ending? (Can ya tell I really want to?) ;) If so, we should discuss it maybe? Sorta, I don't know.

-------------------------------------------------------

THE crew made the emergency landing right by the moat of the Fortress, just at the edge of the battle.

Obi-Wan and Lando were staring while Han tried valiantly to console Solo and try to understand her incoherent babbling.

Solo: mmuuuuuhuuuuuu ahhhhhhhh hhhhhheee ahhhhhhh hoooooooowww mmmmuuuuuuuuhuuuuuuuuu AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Han: What's wrong???? Talk to me!!!!

Of course, Lando decided to take matters into his own hands.....He went to the water, filled a bucket with it (ah....convenient bucket!) and marched toward Solo purposely.
    Obi-Wan eyed him curiously wondering if he really WAS going to do what he thought he was about to do.

This being Lando, of course he was.

Lando promptly poured the entire bucket of water on top of Solo drenching her to the bone.

Han: You son of a Hutt!!!

Lando: Hey! It's maybe the only way to get her back to the present. She seems to be going insane.

Obi-Wan: Maybe she's having Visions of the Future!!

At that moment, Solo shakes herself awake and starts wailing.
    Han is immediately at her side comforting her.

Obi-Wan: What did you see?

Solo: (after having calmed down a bit) The painted man! (oops! wrong movie! ;)) I saw his white ghostly scary face!!! He.....he SPOKE to me!

Han: Who? Who spoke to you?

At that point Solo stands up and turns into histerics.

Solo: themanwiththewhitefacethemanwiththewhiteface OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG HetalkedtomehetalkedtomehetalkedtomehetalkedtomeOMGOMG thedudefromstartrektalkedtomethedudefromstartrekOMGOMG
    thedudefromstartrekthedudefromstartrekstartrekAHHHHHH!

After those words Solo promptly faints.

And the crew is left to try to bring her back to the world of the living.....AGAIN.

-------------------------------------------------------

And ALL I have to say to you both is WHY?!?!?!?!

Mentioning him could have passed..but....but....pictures? 2 of them! Ah!
    *faints in real life*

6. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    *Excal bursts through time, knowing that he has little room left to maneuver. He sees days gone by spent on the computer, his former self in different stages of personal evolution- from a man about campus with too much work to a scared and confused underclassman, to the king of his high school and finally the quiet underdog only just starting to understand his potential.

Excal: Why is it I always see, in looking at the Fortress, my own personal evolution?

Old Obi Wan's voice: Trust your feelings...

Excal: Because maybe this place has been a constant for many of the older posters? And a place to feel accepted for those who were patient enough to earn respect?

Old Obi Wan's voice: Your insight serves you well.

Excal: But things haven't been the same since the old days. I left. I abandoned this place.

Old Obi Wan: You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to come from our own points of view.

Excal: And mine was that the time had come for me to move on. And I have. But this place is to special for me NOT to help preserve it in the way it deserves. I matured here, I made friends here, I loved here- I'll let my Excal persona die here. With no regrets.

*Puts his foot on the gas*

-There is a flash of light and Excal arrives at the front gate of the Fortress many years ago in a very young thread.

EXCAL: There's something really familiar about this place...almost like...

*A sword is lowered at his throat*

EXCAL: Like I'm being watched. Who the heck would carry...

*he looks up to see a younger self*

EXCAL: Crap. This is going to make it more difficult. Which version of me are you?

YOUNGER EXCAL: Whoa! This is the kind of time-bending twist I KNOW can only come from me getting sentimental. I guess some things never change?

OLDER EXCAL: Got that right buddy.

YOUNGER EXCAL: So I'm guessing you're here to save the Fortress from a diabolical threat somehow involving Legolas and the doom of the thread.

OLDER EXCAL: How did you guess?

YOUNGER EXCAL: Isn't that always the story?

OLDER EXCAL: We're running out of time...

YOUNGER EXCAL: Because the mods are going to do something to do something...

OLDER EXCAL: SHEESH! Spidey sense flaring and all that?

YOUNGER EXCAL: Yes. But that's not the point- this is always the story.

OLDER EXCAL: I've got a job to do though. And you have a landmark event to take care of.

YOUNGER EXCAL: How did you know?

OLDER EXCAL: I know what it's like to leave something you've loved.

YOUNGER EXCAL: It hurts, doesn't it?

OLDER EXCAL: Every damn time. But at least we can do it right.

YOUNGER EXCAL: Well, I guess I better figure out what time period I'm in.

OLDER EXCAL (Looks at the Plutonium-powered time jumping station wagon's chronological time keeper- it is almost five years ago) Let's just say it's time for you to remember where you came from. And how this all started.

YOUNGER EXCAL: I better see what's going on inside.

OLDER EXCAL: I think I better pick a better time...

YOUNGER EXCAL: Good luck fighting the good fight.

OLDER EXCAL: For the last time.

*He speeds off and disappears into the mysts

EXCAL SLAMS INTO THE HORIZON, ROCKING UNDER THE IMPACT OF CANNON FIRE

EXCAL: This HAS to be the pirate wedding.

(Jaded runs by, attacking a Legolas clone with a sword)

EXCAL: Wow. Memories.

*he whistles, and the crew of The Horizon turns to see him*

SOLO: Wait a minute! Shouldn't you be off saving Black Bess Rackham in this pre-nuptial free for all?

EXCAL: Um, yes. But that will be taken care of.

JADED: Yeah! Save me! Sheesh! *she pushes him out of the way and clocks a sneaky clone off the side of the ship from behind Excal* You owe me another one, "husband".

EXCAL: Jeez. Jessie kicking butt. Again, some things never change. Must make mental note to tell her of all of this next time I'm talking to her on AIM...

JAXX: Hello! Buddy! Big army of clones heading our way! Anything else?!

EXCAL: Yes! *he points at some of the Fortressians present- but NOT at Jaxx and Solo*

7. thegreatyoda

Jun 10, 2001
    ?Why is it I always see, in looking at the Fortress, my own personal evolution??
    Were you reading my mind or something Excal? That?s exactly what I have been thinking as I looked through the back posts.

SOLO: You don?t know how tempted I was to just post a large stream of Data pictures. I had them all picked out and everything. But you?re my friend so I won?t do that to you. Actually, I would do evil things like that to most of my friends, but all the nostalgia is making me give you a break. No more Data from me.

Also it looks like Ecal is heading towards are JA style final stand as we speak.

* In the sickbay of the Enterprise NCC 1701 Yoda groans and opens his eyes slowly. He sees the smiling face of Doctor Phlox who has beamed over from the NX-01 *

DOCTOR PHLOX: Steady now. You've had quite a shock to your system.
    [image=http://www.voyager.cz/enterprise/epizody/images/013/013titleobr.jpg]

DOCTOR MCCOY: You're lucky to be alive.

[image=http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200303/tos-005-dr--mccoy2/320x240.jpg]

YODA: That's debatable. I feel like I just got hit with a truck.

DOCTOR MCCOY: That's not surprising. That arrow did a real number on immune system not to mention the rest of your body.

*Yoda sits upright.*

YODA: The arrow! Oh my God, I'm a clone aren't I?

PHLOX: Calm down. You are no such thing. We managed to return you to your natural state. You are exactly as you were before you were attacked.

YODA: What about the ears?

MCCOY: We got rid of the ears too. No points in sight.

SPOCK: A most regrettable oversight.
    [image=http://www.sherylfranklin.com/images/trek/tos84.jpg]

MCCOY: Not everyone wants to have ears like a Vulcan, Mr. Spock.

SPOCK: In this case the ears were elven, Doctor. However, your statement is still correct and I find it to be most perplexing.

PHLOX: Gentleman, perhaps we should debate anatomy at a different time. Our patient requires rest.

*Yoda starts to get off of his bio bed.*

YODA: No. No, I have to get back to the Fortress. They need me there. I can feel it. Something went wrong.

PHLOX: I must insist that you stay here. Your friends can deal with this Xanta fellow. You, on the other hand, are in no condition to be running off to battle.

YODA: I don't really have a choice in the matter, Doc and neither do you.

MCCOY: Why is there never a patient that says "Thank you for saving my life Doctor. I'll follow your advice which has been gained through years of experience and stay in bed until I am well".

YODA: Thank you for saving my life, Doctor. I will follow your advice which has been gained from years of experience and stay in bed until I am well.

MCCOY: Thank you.

YODA: As soon as the battle is over.

MCCOY: My God, you?re just as bad as Jim!

YODA: Why thank you, Bones. Now, if you could step aside.

* The two doctors look at each other and sigh. Spock raises an eyebrow as Yoda hops off his bed and heads for the door. *

PHLOX: There is one thing you need to know before you leave.

YODA: No time Doc. Tell me when I get back.

* Yoda makes his way to the transporter room and gets on one of the pads. *

YODA: Energize.

[image=http://www.soapsgirl.org/images/primetime/trek/Scotty.jpg]

SCOTTY: Shouldn?t you be in bed, lad

YODA: I am following a proud Starfleet tradition of violating the orders of the ship?s Doctor. Energize, Mr. Scott. I?ve only got 19 posts to do this thing.

SCOTTY: All right then.

* Scotty works his panel and Yoda is engulfed by a special effect that looks strangely like a dollars worth of gold glitter being stirred in water. He appears next to the Fortress defenders. *

YODA: Hey guys, need some help?

James Earl Jones: HOW WILL THE FORTESIANS DEFEAT XANTA? WILL JAXX AND EXCAL RETURN IN TIME? ONLY 19 EPISODES REMAIN BEFORE THE STIRRING SERIES FINALE! SEE HOW MUCH MORE INSANITY YOUR FAVORITE FORTESAINS CAN CRAM INTO THEIR REMAINING TIME TOGETHER, HERE ON FOX!

EDIT; I'm sorry Solo, but I can't help myself. I am sure that your vengeance will be

8. Anakins-Angel-Padme

Anakins-Angel-Padme Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Sorry guys. Situations forced me to leave earlier than expected, we'll leave it at that. I fear I can't do much more damage here, though, so just upping our post count, I guess. :) I'll pop in once more for our grand finale. Ah, just read the comms board on our move. I'm scared! Wah! :_|

@};-

9. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    s'okay AAP, we understand.

As for tgy's post....here is what happened at about 10h45am this morning when I read the post.

Ally sits in front of her computer....

scrolls down...start's reading tgy's post....

Ally: No pictures of Data...great.

scrolls down some more.....

Sees pictures of Data

[INSERT INHUMAN SQUEAL RIGHT HERE]

Ally's mom: ALLY?!?!? IS EVERYTHING OKAY?!?!?!?!

Ally's dad: Ally! What's wrong??

They heard me from across the entire house.

I.KID.YOU.NOT.

very evil of you...I'm thinking up my next post...vengeance I say! Vengeance!

10. thegreatyoda

Jun 10, 2001
    First off, you better edit the swearing. We don't want the MODs jumping us for using nuaghty words.

As for the post, I'm sorry I scared your parents. I mercilessly tease because I care. It's a sign of affection when I playfuly destroy someones sanity. Really.

11. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey all, I'm back from a weekend at home...got some rest and relaxation that I needed...I'll swing by back again later for an update ;)

12. MasterYoda34

Jun 5, 2002
    Holy crap, yoda. Your Data montage was HILARIOUS!!!

Especially his maniacal laughter at the end and the rest of his dialogue. It went so well with the pictures!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

13 POSTS LEFT TO GO UNTIL 10,000! :D

13. Gutter_Monkey

Gutter_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    I've been MIA recently, and I don't know why. Just never got around to here I guess.

Anyhow, I just found the best website on the net. I'm of the firm opinon (at least today I am) that this site it simply the greatest thing ever put online. Ever. I found it after a conversation with TGY and some of our freinds from high school we ran into at PCC. http://www.uweboll.com/

14. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Jaxx looks up at the bloated figure before him.

Jaxx:
    Ok, Xanta, it ends now. Tonight.

Bloated Figure: But I am not Xanta. I am Santa.

Jaxx: How can I be sure?

Santa: Look around you, son. The Spirit of Christmas fills this chamber.

Jaxx looks around. Indeed, the Spirit of Christmas is in this room. But before Jaxx dwells on this, he speaks again: Ok, look, Santa, apparently your evil twin is about to kill the Fortress. I need your help. I think you're the only one who can stop him.

Santa frowns and thinks for a moment, then shouts: ELVES, TO BATTLE!

Jaxx waves his hands wildly, then stammers: But, but, Santa! Elves ARE at battle! They're killing us! All those Legolases!

Santa: Not those elves...THESE elves...

Jaxx turns and stares at hordes of angry midgets.

Jaxx:
    Right, Santa, how do we get them all to the Fortress?

Santa: Never you mind, son. Follow me.

15. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    We're not that far from 10,000. Let's see if we can't get it by tomorrow. Personally, I don't care who gets the 10,000th post, nor do I think we should "let" a person get it. We got to 10,000 as a team, and regardless who gets number 10,000, be it a mod or a total outsider (or even a lurker), we should recognize it as a team effort, and congratulate ourselves.

Come on, we're almost home. :)

16. thegreatyoda

Jun 10, 2001
    JAXX: Maybe we should have 8 more posts saying to post more and then the 10,000th post can be for our friend Herman to come in and tell us to stop spamming.

Kidding, Herman. Kidding.

I for one, am waiting for Excal's post since that is what is going to set up our Jedi Academy style ending. Also I pretty much drained what little was left of my creativity on my last few posts.

I think we should just let the last posts come when they come. Either way we should reach our goal within the next few days. After that we can all say a few words and then lock the place up.

34: I think Solo would disagree with you on the humor of the montage. I am glad that you noticed how well the shots fit together with Data's dialougue. I spent an hour and a half searching every Trek website I could find for just the right pics.

There was this great one that was a painting of Napoleon with Data's head photoshopped on, but it had a direct link blocker. Oh well.

17. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    there was swearing on my post?? where????

Anyway, so i'm trying to come up with something JA style to respond to tgy's evil post but wah! it's sooo hard! lol, but I'll get to it today.

I pulled out my JA books and I'm gonna figure something out in 2 posts, just something I wanna do to go out in style.

Of course, I won't ruin excal's ending so I wanna get my stuff posted before he posts his...hopefully.

I'm off school this week so yay for some personal time!

18. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Solo, it might have been when you wrote: "I.$H!T.YOU.NOT."

That may do it.

19. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    While we're waiting for excal's post, I just wanted to ask how everyone was doing :)

20. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    doin' great...how are things for all of y'all? ;)

I've decided to kick myself in the rear and whip up my posts tonight.....hopefully my thing can be decent...y'all are soo much better writers than me

okay, okay..I edited my post earlier..though that word ain't swearing to me...but whatever...lol

21. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    I returned to the boards and realized that we are too close for me not to post now. It ends tonight.

*The situation looks grim for the Fortress. TGY has been taken by the enemy, before being healed...and Jaxx is still nowhere in sight. 34, Gandalf and Dumbledore have attempted to surround the Fortress in inpenetrable armor, and the Reboot squad has effectively sealed the Fortressians from within. All hope seems lost.

Save for those who do not see the Fortress with walls...

Dumbledore: The defenses cannot be held up much longer. This magic goes beyond even my skill.

Gandalf: Run you fools! I will stay behind to stave the crowd.

Luke: We're not going to let one person be sacrificed!

Indiana Jones: The odds aren't against us kid. The only thing we could do...is take away what they want.

Luke: You're not suggesting.

Indy (nods sadly): Take away the prize, and what's left for them? No Fortress, no rewards. And we might just take a few of them with us.

34: I won't have any of this talk! This place is a foundation of hope! Even if we face the destruction of every last post, of every last line of code, we do it as a TEAM! We stand together until the last sword falls!

*There is a burst of lightning and a crack of thunder. The Fortress, already glowing and creaking under the energy of magical and technological protection, is beginning to sag under the pressure from outside forces. On the third whip-like strike of, the ScottRod 2 station wagon appears in the middle of the common room/war room. Out jumps excal in his traditional Fortress garb. His S-shirt is covered by the tattered leather jacket; a dented fedora on his head. The lightsaber that had served him in other battles remained in one hand while Anduril Earendil was clutched in his other.

EXCAL: And the last sword won't fall without a fight. We're not alone in this fight. We've never been alone in any of our fights in this place.

34: What have you...

EXCAL: The cavalry has arrived.

*Pouring out of the time traveling vehicle pour armed and dangerous females of Fortress days past. Women that had shared pain and eased others for endless periods of time. They had been comrades and fellow fans and warriors in their own right. Time had taken them away, but they were not forgotten by all. Their impact on the lives of many would be the cause of their return to the Fortress for one last battle, one last moment- one last post. For these were not just faceless members of the same fandom from across the world. These people were friends. These people were family. These people were part of history.

EXCAL: Let all those who have loved and will love the place that we have created here- let us stand! One last time!

The lightsabers of
    Jaded_Skywalker
    Princess1
    PtrsonsZoo
    Princess Sari
    Starlight_kenobi
    Messicat_kenobi
    Darth_Kimball_Dreamer
    Anakins_Angel_Padme
    Queen Sara
    Arna Kyle
    Empress_of Justice
    and Neon Star
    are ignied once more.

A veritable rainbow of light illuminates the darkened walls of the place that many called a sort of home. Within this thread of life, memories of movies and first loves and heartbreaks and successes and homes left behind and families returned to and pain and despair and redemption and jubilation...oh the whisperings of ghosts from days gone by. How the walls began to echo louder and louder as each member of the Fortress added their light to the power of the army of friends.

Against the pounding from outside the Fortress walls, the guards of the thread remained silent, waiting. And yet one could almost here their readiness, their peace. For so much had already been accomplished and achieved and felt over the years. Even beyond the Legolas army, each member, both new and old, felt a sense of inevitability creeping within. As if a voice inside was saying "Soon it will end".

And yet the core of the Fortress stood tall and ready.

*I ignite my blue blade and raise it in readiness to protect the memory of this thread. Let no man or woman threaten it and let time preserve it. For I, Scott, the Pr

22. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    AHHHHHH!!!! WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!! I'm just typing up my post right now...

it won't be long, I'll have it up soon!!

Just WAIT FOR ME!!! PLEASE!

23. thegreatyoda

Jun 10, 2001
    Wow. And I'm supposed to follow that up...how? I'll wait for Solo's post and see what I can contribute. In the meantime I better start composing my goodbyes. I should also start coming up with an explantion for my parents when they find me crying at the keyboard. Onward, my friends.

24. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    OKay, I've borrowed a lot of stuff from 'Dark Apprentice' by Kevin J. Anderson...the stuff I've borrowed goes in quotes...to suit my purposes, I have jacked some of Palpatine's lines as well ;)
    ------------------------------------------------------

Han and Obi-Wan were busy trying to shake Solo awake from her latest fainting spell when all of sudden the wind changed direction entirely.

Legolas clones were slamed into the ground by the sudden force of the change.

Lando: Did you guys see that? Did you feel that?!

Han: I've got a bad feeling about this

At that precise moment, both Han and Obi-Wan were propelled 15 meters into the air and slamed into the ground with a loud thud. Solo's body jerked up and stood taking in the scenery around her without really seeing it.

Solo looked down at her hands wondering...she felt, strange...like she'd been sleeping for a long time.
    "ah yes...the carbonite, I remember now"

At that moment, Solo 'felt a cold rip in the Force, like a black gash opening the structure of the universe. She snapped herself back to the present.'

Solo 'whirled and saw behind him the looming shadow of a tall cloaked figure...the silhouette seemed intensely black, a hole that swallowed up all the glimmers of light.

"Who are you? she asked

"'I could be your teacher'....show you the real power you have...show you how to conquer everything!"

Solo thought about this for a minute. Conquer everything? Yes...that was what she wanted. To conquer that Star Trek person..that figure, that had haunted her for so many years....that had TALKED to her....called to her in her dreams....she began to get angry.

Solo: WHO ARE YOU?

Dark figure: 'I was the greatest Dark Lord of the Sith. I am Exar Kun.' Now...I can feel the hate swelling in you now, Give into your anger! We can destroy them all!

Solo: Yes, yes!

Han, Obi-Wan and Lando could do nothing but stare as Solo seemed to be having a conversation with something or someone they could not see.

But what came next, they weren't prepared for at all.

Coulds began to darken the sky and Solo seemed to be engulfed by a dangerous aura of darkness.

Her fingers began to crackle with electricity and her eyes took a reddish tone to them.

Solo began shooting lightning at anything nearby, taking out Clones but blowing severe holes into the Fortress walls. She bagan walking towards the centre of the battle not recognizing friend from foe, all she saw was that white face...THAT face.

From the darkness a voice could be heard by all:

"USE YOUR AGRESSIVE FEELINGS! LET THE HATE FLOW THROUGH YOU!

Obi-Wan and Lando could see the centre of the battle now...the Scott-Rod 2 had arrived and excal the protector had rallied the troops for one last stand it seemed.

Obi-Wan saw the familiar glows of the lightsabers raise high and mighty in the air ready to face the enemy one last time. He took his own, ignited it and raised it high in the air, THIS IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT! he said, then turned to Lando and Obi-Wan, We must join this last stand.

Han: You're right. But not without Solo. You guys go on ahead. I will bring her back, if it's the last thing I do.

Adn with that, the crew split. Lando and Obi-Wan towards the group assembled at the centre of the battle while Han immediately took after Solo.
    ------------------------------------------------------

OKAY JUST ONE MORE AND THEN I'M DONE, HANG ON TGY! AFTER THIS NEXT ONE YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND WE CAN ALL END THIS TOGETHER..JUST WAIT A FEW MINUTES!

25. thegreatyoda

Jun 10, 2001
    Ladies and gentlemen, 10,000 posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.