main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fortress *Ladies Only*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by empress of justice, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Han began to run after Solo knowing that he could very well be running toward his doom but he didn't care. This had to be done. It couldn't end like this.

Han circled around Solo and came to stand right before her.

Solo: Stand back! Or I will fry you to a crisp! I have to get to him! Destroy him!

Han (looks at Solo like she's lost her mind): look sweetheart, 'I don't claim to understand anything about the Force. In fact, I once said that it was a hokey religion full of mumbo jumbo. But I do know that what you're doing is dangerously close to the Dark Side!'

Solo: Stand aside!

And with this, she proceeded to blast Han with lightning.

Then, she continued her march, tearing down the highest Fortress tower to the ground. All the while saying: I will get to him, I will get to him.

At that moment, in time, tgy appears beside Han and helps him stand up.

YODA: Did that Data guy affect her so much?

Han: Data? Who's Data?

YODA: It's that white-faced looking guy she keeps referring to. She's afraid to death of him or something. The pictures must have set this all in motion.

Han: Well then we must undo it! Come on! The final battle is going down and we need her, she'll regret turning I know it!

And with that both YODA and Han turn to chase Solo again.

Once again, both YODA and Han come to stand in front of Solo

YODA: Solo! Stop this! Data is not an evil person! Never meant to do you any harm!

Han: That's right! He's not even here! Look at what you're doing! You're destroying what was a haven to you! You grew up here! With people you call friends now! People who listenened to you, who shared your sadness, your happiness, your every day mundane thoughts! Who where there for you!

'As Solo listened to Han's and YODA's words, he realized that his friends had put their fingers on the truth.'

It was time to face the fear...time to grow up. Time to get back to the light! Time to join the fight!

And with a sudden scream, the darkness surrounding Soloi exploded in a brilliant flash of light and she was free! She no longer was the prisoner of some petty fear, of some fictitious nightmare! She was free!!!

She crumpled to the ground and Han ran to her side.

Han: You're back!

Solo: Yes, I am. And I am no longer afraid.

Solo looked to where her friends held their lightsabers high in the air, together, ready to fight.

She unhooked her lightsaber from her belt having forgotten it was there all along.

She looked at Yoda and Han and it was time to make a stand.

Solo: Okay guys! It's time, let's join this fight!

And with that...they made a mad dash to join the others....

2. Anakins-Angel-Padme

Anakins-Angel-Padme Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Ten Thousand. Amen, guys, amen.

No matter where we've all been
    Or where we all will go
    We will always be together
    Heart, mind, and soul
    So if you ever feel alone
    Or think you've reached your end
    Remember that in all of us
    You always have a friend

~~~~
    Everything that starts must have an end
    Sometimes it's hard to see 'round the bend
    Sometimes you run but then you fall
    Even after you walk you still must crawl
    You might get knocked down by a slamming door
    Just pick yourself up and come back for more
    'Cause no matter how far away we might all be
    We'll always be friends, you and me

I love all you guys so much. Maybe someday we'll meet but it really doesn't matter. 'Cause no matter if we meet in real life, we've already touched hearts, and when that happens, does anything else matter? I've come so far since I've come here, as I'm sure we all have. Three years is a long long time, even though sometimes it may only feel like a breath. Nothing can erase what we've done here, whether we're locked or whether the boards move and we're deleted. 'Cause all our struggles and fun we've had have been more real than a message board usually is. I love you all.

@};-

3. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    Yoda you got 10,000!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

VIRTUAL HUG!

What a landmark for us! Wow! This is great!

------------------------------------------------------

Solo arrived in the midst of things....took one good look at the group assembled and smiled....

This is it guys, we make one last stand!

She raised her lightsaber high in the air and ingited the white blade. and joins it with the others....

as excal said The heroes stand united once more, waiting...waiting...

All the Fortressians together begin together:

'It is time for you all to be vanquished!
    Together we can overcome any foe! Any weakness!'

All the lighsaber beams crossed together making a comforting crackling sound and an incredible flash of light....and then....

------------------------------------------------------

I leave to you guys now.....

4. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    My last post. My farewell is at the bottom.

Jaxx looks down the hill, and sees darkness and chaos surrounding the Fortress. He turns to his new companion, and says: You sure you want to do this, Santa?

Santa: Yes, my son.

Jaxx looks down and notices Xanta Klaus and his massive amounts of minions, then turns and looks behind him. Behind Jaxx are legions, ten score of Elves pulled by Reindeer. They are waiting apprehensively for the final call, for the final charge.

Jaxx:
    Santa?

Santa: These are your friends...

Jaxx nods. He turns to the Elves behind him, raises his dark blue lightsaber up high in the sky, then, without another word, yells mightily and runs down the hill.

At first, he charges down alone. Then Santa, in his Chariot pulled by Eight Reindeer follows. Following Santa are his loyal Elves, rushing forth down the hill with the sun rising behind them like a great tide of all that is inherently good in this Earth.

Jaxx breaks through the first lines, singlehandedly, and looks to the Fortress. He knows that his place is there, with his friends.

He turns, and sees the Forces of Good coming down to battle the Forces of Evil, and he knows that eventually the Forces of Good will put Xanta Klaus and all the evil he represents in his place.

Jaxx nods. It is time. Time to reforge the kingdom of the Fortress.

He snaps his fingers, and in an instant, he is rejoined with his comrades. He looks around, and cannot imagine a better place to be in this time of desperate hope, with his friends.

If you'll forgive a little time warp on my end...

After the battle...

A great party has been held in the great hall of the Fortress. The greatest celebration the Fortress has ever known, for it was its last. Jaxx stands alone, in this empty cavern.

He looks around, and looks at the floor. Confetti and balloons lie about on the floor, as well as various litter and debris--bottles of Mt. Dew, Fortress cookies, cake and chicken, all the various food items one could ever want.

Jaxx looks at the stage. There the greatest performers, commanded by the powers of the snap, came on and sang. There was dancing. There was celebration. But most important of all, there was love.

Yes, love.

Love was what maintained the Fortress. Love was what kept the Fortress going on, even during its darkest hours.

Love is the only explanation for the tremendous response to Jaxx's call to arms for the race to the final posts to reach 10,000.

They had all fought for love...

Jaxx looks around, and thinks of his fellow Fortressians. Arna Kyle... excalibur2358... Princess1... C3SoloPO... thegreatyoda... guttermonkey... and more. So many more. He remembers them all, and he loved them all.

Jaxx will forever cherish his time in the Fortress, and even now, when he is alone in this great celebration hall, when the entire Fortress is emtpy save for his presence, Jaxx is reluctant to leave.

Why? Jaxx was the one who called upon the end, in a way. Everything that has a beginning must end some time. Like a sentence, there is the Capitalization of the first letter, the great big bang that created the Fortress in a rush of girliness...to the small, miniscule period at the end of the sentence, marking the end of all things.

As TS Eliot said:
    This is the way the world ends.
    Not with a bang but with a whimper.

Jaxx looks around for the last time. He is blinking back tears. He looks down at the Fortress floor, almost dejectedly, but with pride. He gently kicks a balloon, shoves his hands in his pockets, and quietly walks out the door, alone.

But Jaxx is not alone. Standing outside are his friends, waiting for him. Jaxx looks at them and smiles fondly. He turns back to look at the Fortress, he cannot help himself, but almost as if it were an illusion, the Fortress is gone. Was that last scene merely an illusion? A mirage?

No matter. Jaxx turns and l

5. thegreatyoda

thegreatyoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    I can't even write the end of the battle. Nothing I can put forth seems even remotely worthy. My vote is to just leave it ambiguous. Jaxx nailed it perfectly.

YODACLONE: Where are you going?

JOEY: I'm leaving.

YODACLONE: Just like that?

JOEY: Just like that. It's time.

YODACLONE: I don't want it to end.

JOEY: I don't mind.

YODACLONE: What will happen to me?

JOEY: You *taps his head* will be right here.

YODACLONE: And the Fortress?

*Joey taps his heart. YodaClone nods.*

YODACLONE: It's been one hell of an adventure hasn't it?

JOEY: The adventure's just begun.

YODACLONE: You think your friends will be a part of it?

JOEY: I hope so. If not...
    *Yoda shrugs and taps his heart again*

YODACLONE: They will be in your heart, huh? Kind of cliche.

JOEY: Yet its the only thing that matters.

YODACLONE: Yeah. So where do we go from here?

JOEY: To the future. We've got work to do.

*Yoda puts a note on the door of the Fortress, nods once, and then walks away.*

6. thegreatyoda

thegreatyoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001

It?s finally here. Wow. I don?t even know what to say. I tried to write down something wonderful and poetic for the end of this place a few weeks ago. I thought that if I had my farewell pre-written it would take the sting away from leaving. What came out was a half assed easy that did not do an adequate job of describing how I felt. So now I find myself here typing free form and trying to come up with the right words.

Funny isn?t it? The kid with the mile a minute mouth, the keeper of the corny quips now has nothing to say. To be more accurate, I have so much to say and I am struggling with how. So how do I close? I guess by speaking with my heart instead of my head and seeing what comes out.

My first attempt at this ended up being rather self centered, perhaps even egocentric. I started to talk about the history of the Fortress and I found myself uncomfortable with the fact that much of that included me. It didn?t feel right to speak about my own perceived contributions as I left the place. It smacked of egotism and that was not what I was going for.

Yet as I try for a second time to focus my thoughts I end up once again coming back to myself. I wish I could find a more effective way to do this, but maybe by talking about me for a moment I can get to the point where I can properly express how I fell about this place and each one of you.

I tend to define friendship differently then most people. There are two categories of people that I interact with: acquaintances and friends. Acquaintances are the people that you hang out with, joke around with, go to the mall with, care about, but they are not true friends. Acquaintances are temporary, nothing but another person passing through the revolving door of your life. When things get tough, there is no guarantee that an acquaintance will be there for you. It?s not part of their job description. An acquaintance can be a nice person, but as long as they remain an acquaintance they can never give true friendship.

Friendship, true friendship is sacred. Friendship is not a trip to the movies or a laugh at the lunch table. True friendship is absolute openness and loyalty to your friends. Friendship is celebrating together when the good times roll around. Friendship is holding each other up when the darkness comes and neither of you think that you can go any further. Friendship is constantly tested, battered, and bent, but if you have a true friend it cannot be broken.

True friendship doesn?t come around often. If it were easy to find and maintain then it would have no value. True friendship is what I search for. And in those rare times when I find a true friend they have my absolute loyalty. No matter what happens I will stick by my friends. I will be there to comfort you when you are sobbing just as sure as I will be there to cheer you on while you get an award. That is my promise to my friends and I have yet to break it.

I do not give the promise of my friendship lightly. I have some true friends in the real world, but there has only been one large group of people that has earned my life long loyalty?until now. Now there are two.

When I used the word ?family? in my little speech to Legolas it was not used for dramatic purpose. You are like a family to me. You are true friends. I never ever expected to find true friends on the internet, but through all our time together that is what you have become to me.

As I look back over ten thousand posts of history I can honestly say that I cannot imagine the last three years of my life without this place. Your friendship has changed me in more ways than you can possibly know. You have all shown me true friendship and I have tried in my own strange little way to show you the same. The best I could do in the virtual realm was bat aside a few clones and offer words of encouragement. That might seem insignificant in the long run, but it was driven by the same feelings of friendship and loyalty that I have for my true friends here at home.

These feelings do not end with the closing of the Fortress. I

7. MasterYoda34

MasterYoda34 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2002
    Gotta use some of excal's post for my final battle post.

Dumbledore: The defenses cannot be held up much longer. This magic goes beyond even my skill.

Gandalf: Run you fools! I will stay behind to stave the crowd.

Luke: We're not going to let one person be sacrificed!

Indiana Jones: The odds aren't against us kid. The only thing we could do...is take away what they want.

Luke: You're not suggesting.

Indy (nods sadly): Take away the prize, and what's left for them? No Fortress, no rewards. And we might just take a few of them with us.

34: I won't have any of this talk! This place is a foundation of hope! Even if we face the destruction of every last post, of every last line of code, we do it as a TEAM! We stand together until the last sword falls!

Out on the battlefield, the ESMV, Xanta Klaus, arrives and surveys the situation. The Fortress appears to him to be surrounded by a glowing red firewall, and a sparkling green magical forcefield. The green forcefield begins to waver. The Fortressians within are weakening.

Xanta: You, Clone #3434, set up the specialized equipment immediately. Run the wires as close to that firewall as you can.

The clone complies and within a few minutes, Xanta has a code-cracking device set up.

Xanta: It is only a matter of time now before the Fortress falls.

One of the 18 code numbers is unlocked with a loud beep. Xanta looks intensely satisfied.

Bob: The firewall just wavered. They've got a decoder out there.

34: Will the defenses hold?

Gandalf: The defenses have to hold.

Bob: I can't guarantee that he won't get through the encryption. If Mouse, our hacker friend, were here, whoever it is out there would have a whole lot harder time breaking the encryption.

Matrix: But Mouse isn't here, so we've got to be ready for when those viruses break through the firewall.

Matrix draws his gun, and uses his mechanical eye to site a spot on the wall. It turns, aiming, and a red (\/) appears on the wall, Matrix's call sign.

Suddenly, Gandalf, 34, and Dumbledore crumple to the floor, their shield-making energy spent. 34 staggers back to his feet, and he and Yodaclone help the elderly wizards to a standing position. Gandalf leans on his staff, exhausted, while Dumbledore collapses on a chintz armchair that he made appear out of thin air.

Yodaclone: Only one shield left. I hope excal hurries back.

34: One shield or two, or a hundred, we will stand until the end. These cyber-walls of solace may fall, but their memory will live on in our hearts until the end of time. As I said before, we stand together until the last sword falls!

The good clone's prayers are answered as the ScottRod 2 appears in a blinding flash. Excal hops out and, following close behind him, are many of the old guard of the Fortress of days gone by.

Excal: And the last sword won't fall without a fight. We're not alone in this fight. We've never been alone in any of our fights in this place. The cavalry has arrived.

Each member of the Fortress ignites their lightsabers until a virtual rainbow of different colored lights reflect off the beautiful sparkling walls.

The firewall falls.

Solo runs through a hole in the wall big enough for her to fit through, and is followed quickly by Han and Obi-Wan. Solo and Obi-Wan ignite their lightsabers.

Yoda appears out of nowhere, looking healthy and relieved that he is not an elf. Natalie is with him, smiling. He locks his fingers with hers, looking lovingly and reverently at her, and she returns his gaze. He unclips his lightsaber from his belt and flicks the switch, adding his glow to the rest. Natalie snaps and she too suddenly has a glowing lightsaber in her hands.

With his lightsaber in hand, and a smirk of satisfaction on his face, Jaxx returns with a *pop*, having just snapped himself back in from the battlefield. He adds his lightsaber to the

8. DarthKimballDreamer

DarthKimballDreamer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    It's almost funny posting here again. I tend to wonder how many people here remember me...I just logged in for the first time since September.

hey everyone...well, I was referred here by Jaxx, so...well, here I am! I'm fairly new here, still learning my way around, but you girls sound like a lot of fun so I'm here-if there's room for me!

October 15, 2002. Nearly 3 years ago. I was a freshman in college and my best friends in the world were MasterYoda34, who had yet to appear on the scene, excal, who was already the established Protector, and a fellow fair lady that never encountered these boards. I had just met Jaxx the summer before, and we were fast becoming friends. I'd met some new people at school by this point, and the Fortress was like a little home where we could all trade stories and holidays and parties. And of course, Legolas battles. Of course, I usually claimed Rufus Sewell. I don't think any of you wanted him anyway.

And now here I stand, a junior in college, overseas for that matter--posting for the first and only, and possibly last, time from Italy. You guys...wow. Just wow. I know it may sound crazy, but we really have shared a lot, all things considered. We've all been through a lot, grown up a lot, occasionally reverted to childhood, and it's all been wonderful.

Three years later, my best friends in the world are still excal and MY34. And now Jaxx, too, and still that lady fair that probably will never be seen here. Those new people I met at school are now among my best friends too, one in particular in a very unique way.

Three years later I have IM convos with various members of the Fortress, or get nice little mentions in journal entries from others. Some people would say something like this is crazy, the antithesis of reality. I say that this is its own embodiment of reality, because though we may never meet, we will always have this bond that we shared here.

I wish I could make special greetings to each of you, but sadly, Internet use here is metered and my time grows short. So I just want to say..thank you.

Thank you...and may the Force be with you. Always.

(bites her lip, a bit sadly, waves, and walks away smiling)

9. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    And here is my final one for you all.

When I came here...and I say purely by accident...I was a Star Wars fan but never to the point of actually going to find a message board.

Thank the Force the day I was told about this site...

What a wonderful place this has been for me...I've made real friends here..and wow, yeah, i can't even hold a candle to what tgy and jaxx said, I'm gonna cry right now.

You call taught me so much, helped me, and though some people may find the internet insane, and in a lot of aspects it can be, I think we defied the cliches and the "nerdiness" reputation of it all. We became friends, we became a family...

And I still have the dream that we may all get together in the near future and hang out..I tell you, it will happen..even if I have to get you all individually. lol.

In any case, i will not make individual replies, it would be impossible but for all of those I keep in contanct with, let's not lose it.

What we had here was beautiful, amazing and i will never forget it.

We're growing up and we grew up here...but growing up doesn't mean forgetting. and it does not mean that you have to stop nurturing the child inside you.

Keep the fire going.

May the Force be with you all...

And have lots of fun at the opening of "Revenge of the Sith". I will think about every single one of you that day. And remind Princess1 to think about y'all too ;)

-------------------------------------------------------

Solo turns around and looks back at the Fortress....yes, it is time.

She joins her friends, waiting ahead and hand in hand....they depart....for each have their own lives but in their heart, together.

This is farewell my friends...but not goodbye.

10. Anakins-Angel-Padme

Anakins-Angel-Padme Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Ah, yes, here at the end of all things my grammar is brought up again ;) But onto everything else: A few notes before the closing. I have been reluctant to give out my screen name because... well, I'll tell the truth since I truly consider you guys my friends. I'm actually not allowed to be here. Awhile ago my parents found out I post here and told me if they ever caught me I'd be in huge trouble (they're major paranoid and don't understand what we have here). Still, I get on whenever they're not home or not in this part of the house. It's been going on since about 6 months after I joined here: that's also the reason for my one 4 month lapse of posting. You guys just meant so much to me I couldn't give you up and it's something the 'rents could never understand. I wonder now if the end of my posting here should be the end of everything, altogether. I know I've always been slightly distant and I apologize for that, but it's something I seriuosly had no control over.

Still, despite everything, this place has been more than just a message board. I've been able to rant without people looking at me funny. I was able to talk about my slightly geeky side without people judging me and making my reputation crash. Nothing can describe what this means to me. I never really thought it would end.

It's strange... this place. We mean so much to each other and yet (well, some of us. Me, mostly) if we passed on the street would we recognize each other? Would we know that in that stranger's heart laid all our own secrets? Would we know that that stranger knew more about us than perhaps even our own family? It's almost odd how when I sign online my cursor by habit goes toward my favorites menu, then down to Be Safe Online folder and then to Safety for Children Under 10 (my code file name for this place). I sometimes wonder if the people I talk to online knew that at the same time I'm talking to them, I'm posting on a star wars message board.

Life sucks sometimes, doesn't it? Sometimes everything goes right. Sometimes the world loves you. And sometimes people die. When Zac died awhile ago, it was one of the most heartwrenching things that's happened to me. When this place dies... will it be the same? The line through our title will be the only visible sign of it. First one or two boards will rise above it on page 1. Then more. And there will be nothing we can do to stop it. This thread will drift, wafting slowly to the bottom of the archives. And then someday maybe when we come and try to find it, to find all our good times, it will be gone altogether.

You don't understnad what it will be like for me when this place is gone. I'll have no unjudging outlet. I'll put a face up for the world again. Maybe I'll start writing again, but then no one can know about that. I don't know. I just don't know.

For my whole life, God has contolled me. From the time I first started posting here, a mousy 8th grader in the world's smallest private school, to now, a young adult with more than she ever could have dreamed of having. My grammar alone has showed this. Goodness, I can hardly even read some of my earlier posts and now I edit for the slightest error.

I don't want to be mushy here in my last post. I want to be personal and allow you to see how much you've affected me. I LOVE YOU ALL SO FREAKING MUCH. All right, the mushy part didn't work I had to say that. I can't believe I may never speak to some of you again. I will seriously debate sending you all my screen name via PM, and if you do receive it I hope you know how much it means.

Here. At the end of all things. The world is behind us and in front of us. How can you decide between the light and the sun when both warm you? How can you decide between the lake and the ocean when both reach on forever according to your view of them? Air beneath the sea, sunlight at midnight, an oasis in the desert, and a 100% when you think you'll fail. All seem impossible but beautiful. All of them are you. Your love is in my heart, your memory in my mind, your friendship in my soul. Memories

11. MasterYoda34

MasterYoda34 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2002
    All good things...

All good things...

That part of the famous phrase keeps going through my mind when I think of this place. I sort of feel like the entire phrase (All good things must come to an end) is pessimistic and therefore, that the entire phrase does not belong with my association of the Fortress. For while this was a place to gripe and sweat, and share our personal demons, it just doesn't seem to fit. So let's just leave it at "All good things.?" For really, when it comes down to it, that?s what it was. A good thing.

Ever since shortly after I joined these forums, I was drawn to the Fortress. Sure, part of it was because excal and Jaxx posted here, and later Kimball. But there was just something about this place, this cyper "space," if you will, with walls of an enormous castle, that was very drawing to me. I'm not sure if it was the people at first (because I didn't really know them), or what. But, I was just drawn here. And once I started posting, it seemed to fit. I honestly didn't expect to stay after my first post. I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to DarthKimballDreamer, which I did, and that happy birthday opened up an enormous, and now very special door for me.

With the opening of that door, I encountered friendship that I didn?t really think possible before. At the time, I was leery of relationships on the internet, at any level, with people I didn?t know. To a degree, I?m still like that today, but that uncertainty has lost some of its former edginess. Because of you. Through the stable test of time, I found friends unique to any others: people I could openly share things with and not fear being ridiculed. And there was a great sense of fun about the place too, a sense of fun that I couldn?t ignore. The parties, dances, weddings (well, there was only one of those), and the fantastic Clone Wars, created such a dynamic force between us, that we bonded.

This is just so strange to me. You all are amazing friends, but we?ve never met. The bond of friendship that we forged, and the way we supported each other is just astounding to me. It?s one of my fondest memories about this place. We are friends. No, it?s as the rest of you say. We are a family!

I just want to thank you all for being the wonderful people that you are. You?ve touched my life in a way that I truly never even fathomed. And maybe one day I?ll run into one, or a few of you, and maybe not. We might even pass each other on the street someday and not even know it, but despite that, I?m glad that we knew each other, even if it was only for a fraction of our lives. And even if we never come into contact again (which, somehow, I find highly unlikely ;) ), just know that you will forever be my friends. You will forever be in my heart.

And I gotta do this because this song just fits so well for me, when I think of you.

I've heard it said
    That people come into our lives for a reason
    Bringing something we must learn
    And we are led
    To those who help us most to grow
    If we let them
    And we help them in return
    Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
    But I know I'm who I am today
    Because I knew you:

Like a comet pulled from orbit
    As it passes a sun
    Like a stream that meets a boulder
    Halfway through the wood
    Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
    But because I knew you
    I have been changed for good

It well may be
    That we will never meet again
    In this lifetime
    So let me say before we part
    So much of me
    Is made of what I learned from you
    You'll be with me
    Like a handprint on my heart
    And now whatever way our stories end
    I know you have re-written mine
    By being my friend:

Like a ship blown from its mooring
    By a wind off the sea
    Like a seed dropped by a skybird
    In a distant wood
    Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
    But because I knew you
    I have been changed for good.

-"For Good," Wicked

Live long and prosper, my friends.

The Force will be with you all. Always.

MasterYoda34
    The Wise Wizard of the Fortress

12. Gutter_Monkey

Gutter_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    10 k posts huh? That's pretty impressive. It's been a privilege to eavesdrop on you guys, thanks for not making me feel like I was an outsider, even though I only popped in occasionally.

- Gutter Monkey

13. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    Excal sees Jaxx and 34 and company finally ready to ride off into the sunset. Kimball is there as well, as are a healed and happy TGY and Solo and AAP and the whole Fortress crew. A team of dreamers and writers and poets and adventurers, ready to find the next horizon and discover what mysteries it held.

Jaxx: It's done?

Excal: That's it. There is no more. That's the end of the magic here.

Jaxx: Well, I wouldn't say that. You never know. Maybe there will be a movie based on all of this someday.

Excal: TGY can direct.

Jaxx: You can edit.

Excal: Everyone wins. Now all we have to do is get around to writing it.

Excal: Sounds like a lot of fun.

*The duo turn to catch up to their friends. Excal turns and realizes something is wrong. He runs back to the door of the Fortress.

Jaxx: What are you doing?

*Excal raises a hand and, using the Force one last time, slams a series of locks down from the outside, closing the castle from the outside while barricading the inside with a thought.

(In real time, Scott begins to smile sadly)

*Withdrawing his blue lightsaber, he slices a few choices words into the carved wooden doors that had been maintained with love.

Jaxx: Ready?

Excal: Ready. It's time to go.

Jaxx: May the Force be with us.

Excal: That's the truth brother. Up up and away!

*With that, the heroes left into the sunset, their adventures committed to memory. Memories of love and laughter, tears and joy. The book may have ended, but the story lives on.

To all of the men and women who have dedicated their time and their lives to this thread, to those who became friends, it has been an honor and a privilege Protecting this place and you all and it is even more of an honor to call you friends. Until we meet again, out there elsewhere...clear skies and a following wind and may the Force be with you. Always.

The words on the Fortress door?

"NEVER THE END!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.