main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One The "Four of us" is strong / The "Force" is strong ...?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Bosskkkk, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    I'm sure this has already been brought up somewhere...but there is a scene where Jyn and Chirrut have some dialogue, just after the Rebel Alliance meeting where it is decided that the fleet won't go to Scariff.

Jyn goes back into the hanger, and they talk about going to Scariff alone.

Chirrut says "The Force is strong", and Jyn replies "I'm not sure (four-of-us) is enough)"

Do you think this was supposed to be a subtle inside joke, that she mis-heard Chirrut, and thought he said "The Four Of Us is Strong"?

Thoughts? Anyone?

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Hmm. Think your reading to much into it my self..
    But maybe I guess! ;)

3. SunnyNelson

SunnyNelson Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2013
    It's like poetry.

4. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016

Just a coincidence. Jyn would have to be pretty cloth eared to confuse "force" with "four - of - us".

5. Bob the X-Winger

Bob the X-Winger Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    The four at that time meant herself, the Guardians of the Whills and Bodhi all the people who actually believed in the force. That whole Jedi, power of the force and what have you was still not taken particularly seriously at that point. The others were too busy not praying and not prancing about waiting for a Jedi to appear. They were getting ready to fight a war and in the case of the surrender monkey Senate they were too busy hoisting the white flag.[face_dancing]

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm quite sure she did not misunderstand him. What would be the "subtle inside joke", that she couldn't understand his accent?

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, I don't think this needs a thread. I'm pretty positive it wasn't meant as some inside joke.

EHT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.