main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The fourth installment of the 2004 Jedi Draft!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Horax, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Good, we get to move on. Plo should take the win here. Worst case scenario is for it to come to team battles.

2. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I need Hoth & the Trump to take the victory, and then pull it out in teams

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Plo Koon vs. Cay Qel-Droma

Nice little matchup, but yeah Koon outmatches Droma in everything, except experience but it isnt enough to give him the win....

Winner: Plo Koon

4. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    16,628th post of the Jedi Draft series!!! :D

5. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    Plo Koon vs. Cay Qel-Droma

Koon is the premier Clone Wars Jedi General, his skill and power are enough to give him the win.

Winner: Plo Koon

6. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    16,630th post of the Jedi Draft series!!! :D

7. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    +1

:p

~Corran

8. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Well it is good to see that Corran and Madine still hate each other. I for one didn't see any sarcasm in either of their posts. I thought Corran was serious when saying Elway was the best QB ever, I also thought Madine was then serious which is why I had no problem with Corran's next post. Hopefully the posts were sarcastic.

However for the future maybe Madine and Corran should just not have anything remotely sarcastic in their posts addressed to each other. Then maybe they won't be able to fight over anything.

It looks very good for SecondBest. In my opinion Depa is now an auto win for him assuming she doesn't face the trump. Even if she does it is going to the teams where I feel SecondBest should and will still triumph.

9. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    Well it is good to see that Corran and Madine still hate each other.

I don't hate anyone. Well...except Democrats :p

And for the record, I was not being sarcastic. I do feel that Elway is the greatest ever. As for me not saying anything sarcastic, that's probably not going to happen, as sarcasm is a usual part of my daily vocabulary ;)

~Corran

10. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Let's not spam the draft.

11. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    Yeah, Corran. Don't spam the draft. ;) :p

Anyways, I agree with Niktos. Depa should be the auto-win, even if she faces Hoth.

12. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    It's not really a sarcastic remark to say Elway was the best ever...it's an opinion, and you could back it up...Now if you said Vinny Testaverde was the greatest QB ever Corran, I'd ask that you never post here again :p

13. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    Results of Round 3:

Finals: Plo Koon romper stomps Cay Qel-Droma.

Next number to call is? 4!

Finals: Dude, Where?s My Lightsaber? (SecondBest) (2) vs. Ghost Recon Force (Ghost_Jedi) (1)
    Voolvif Monn trumped with Bultar Swan vs. Lord Hoth

ON WITH THE DRAFT!!!

14. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    This is a darn close one...Hoth is a trained trumpbuster, but Swan is a Teras Kasi duelist, making this a bit harder since she has a buddy...

15. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    edit: Never mind. I'm the blind one. lol! :p

Hmm...tough one indeed...I still give the victory to Lord Hoth personally. Rock on everyone!

16. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    Voolvif Monn trumped with Bultar Swan vs. Lord Hoth

This is a damn close fight...Hoth is built for fighting trumps, but this is kind of like an anti-trumpbuster trump(did that make sense?!?!). Oh well, it's not your typical trump really. Swan specializes in dueling, unlike most PT Jedi, and Monn is a great defensive Jedi Master and has mastered using the Force for defense, which could buy him some time in this fight... On the otherside however, Hoth has the right kind of experience when compared to these Clone Wars vets, in this case quality is better than quantity...although Hoth may still have more experience than both of them put together, his experience helps him in this fight... I also see Hoth as having far more Force strength than both of these Jedi, and while I think the trump has its upsides, I still think Hoth has enough to take it apart after a lengthy duel

Winner: Lord Hoth

17. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Hey does anyone have any internet sources on the Sith Wars? I know there was a comic book but just wondering if I could read about it somewhere.

18. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Suzuki really hit the nail on the head. I am fed up with having to intervene in this thread. I am going to resolve this by being direct:

GenMadine: Your comments in reply to Corran's original Elway comment were not marked as a joke and seem like baiting to me.

Corran10584: Be very aware that calling someone's comments "asinine" and their opinions "moronic" are outright flames and you would normally be banned for that. The ONLY thing saving you from a ban is that I feel you were baited by GenMadine.

bburditt: Once again you need to be reminded that you might be heading up the judging of this Draft but you are NOT a moderator. As soon as a situation needs moderating, it is not your place to take care of it. It's up to the Mods.

Everyone: Once again I say, if you have an issue with another users posts DO NOT REPLY IN THE THREAD. You PM Stryphe or myself and let us handle it. This interchange between GenMadine and Corran10584 is a perfect example of why one does NOT reply in thread.

At this point I see a more serious issue with this thread. There are two important points I have decided:

#1: Off topic comments of ANY kind are no longer allowed in any form. This is not a social thread and any leeway in this arena has long been used up. Posting of any off topic comments will result in a ban.

#2: Once this Draft is done there will not be another one for a LONG time. When such a time comes that I feel another Draft can happen and will not be like this one was, Stryphe and I will consider allowing a new one.

I hate to sound like a parent here but remember everyone, these consequences were brought on by the actions of many users in this thread. I have had to intervene here far too often for there not to be consequences.

19. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I just want to express why I feel that Hoth should be able to take on the trump:
    • While Swan is a dualist, Hoth is Saber-to-Saber combat, sometimes fighting several Sith at once, so a two-on-one is not that far off from his experiences.
    • Monn was known for being, and primarily served as a scout, which does not entail combat.
    • Just b/c the are from the same era, does not mean that they have experience together or cohession

20. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
  21. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    I...I...I think Hoth should take the win

22. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    I apolgoize to everyone here - for my behavior and part in this entire new argument between Corran and myself, and for my part in having the draft thread stopped for a while. I am sorry.

Corran and I have talked via PM, but I will say publically here, I was wrong and I apologize to him for my latest remarks. Corran, know that I am thankful and fully aware of your contributions to the success of these threads, and we would not be on the 4th installment of the 2004 draft, let alone this, what, 8th installment, without your participation. Regardless of our differences, the respect is there.

Good luck to the remaining GMs, may the best team win.

Madine out

23. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Hmmm [face_thinking] ... You know, these drafts would go alot smoother without GMs... or Judges. Illiminate the human element, and we would have the perfect game.

24. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Finals: Voolvif Monn trumped with Bultar Swan vs. Lord Hoth

This, in my opinion, isn't a very strong trump. I gave Hoth the win over what I think to be a stronger trump. His overall superior experience and skills, not to mention his experience in these types of battles will give him the win here.

The Winner: Lord Hoth

ON WITH THE DRAFT!!!

25. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Results of Round 4:

Finals: Voolvif and Bultar get busted by Hoth.

The fifth number called is?2!

Finals: Dude, Where?s My Lightsaber? (SecondBest) (2) vs. Ghost Recon Force (Ghost_Jedi) (2)
    Bultar Swan (Forfeit) vs. Arca Jeth trumped with Tott Donetta

Results of Round 5:

Finals: Bultar Swan forfeits to Arca and Tott.

The final number called in these finals is?5!

Finals: Dude, Where?s My Lightsaber? (SecondBest) (2) vs. Ghost Recon Force (Ghost_Jedi) (3)
    Depa Billaba vs. Tott Donetta (Forfeit)

Results of Round 6:

Finals: Depa Billaba accepts the forfeit of Tott Donetta.

Well, no better way to decide the draft winner, then by going to team battles!

Finals: Dude, Where?s My Lightsaber? (SecondBest) (3) vs. Ghost Recon Force (Ghost_Jedi) (3)

Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Depa Billaba, Agen Kolar, Bultar Swan, Voolvif Monn

vs.

Yoda, Ki-Adi Mundi, Lord Hoth, Arca Jeth, Cay Qel-Droma, Tott Donetta

ON WITH THE DRAFT!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.