main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The fourth installment of the 2004 Jedi Draft!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Horax, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    So when is this wraping up?
    Just one match to judge.

EDIT: Well that sucks, good luck bb.
    On a happy note.
    700TH POST!

2. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    BB is trying to straighten everything out w/ his personal life, while trying to stay sane, and janson said that he would be going camping every weekend.

I say we simply make Qui-Gon-Jinn2 a judge, and let the chips fall as they may

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Yup, lets see who wins this thing

4. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Oh give me a break, Ghost. Would you want QGJ2 as a judge if he would have voted for me?

5. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    How about we just say you both lose and get on with it?

:p

~Corran

6. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Well the Draft is taking a break until Strilo decides we can handle it again without all out petty bickering and staying on topic the whole time...So I don;t see why we can't simply wait until Janson comes back and if he votes for SecondBest, wait for BB

Making a new judge at this point in the Draft would kinda make it a sham in my eyes, whoever they voted for

We're in no rush here

7. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    Corran:Why are you posting as your sock?

8. Corran-Horn

Mar 16, 2004
    I don't know. I was just bored and decided to post with this for a while.

I could ask you the same question ;)

Oh crap! We're off topic! Uh...err... Go Jedi! :D

~Corran

9. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    Corran, who's your 16th favorite Jedi? :)

10. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

My 16th favorite Jedi would have to be Saesee Tiin, the horns are just so cool!

11. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    So who here thinks theyre going to be involved in the next Draft....whenever it is? I think I'm going to give up judging and go back to being a GM.....judging sure is a lot of fun though!

12. Corran-Horn

Mar 16, 2004
    I'm tempted to return as a GM, but it's been a little while since I've taken the reigns of a team. Plus, I tend to get into the habit of writing long essays about why I pick the best team, and that takes time :p

~Corran

13. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    I want to retire like Corran did if I win, but it's not looking too good. [face_plain]

14. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    HAHA, yeah but to be honest your teams ARE usually pretty good, no matter what anyone says at the time.... :)

15. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    Yeah, sorry about wrecking you amusement park day SB, I didn't know :p

16. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Well I know I have a gm spot waiting for me, but I am thinking about judging the next go around

17. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    YOU SHOULD BE SORRY!! :mad:

:p

18. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    I've got a new idea when it comes to Drafting, we'll see if it works out if I can be around for sign ups....I've missed the past 2 drafts just by chance of not being around

Now that I think about it, didn't Effortless_Skill claim to have a new way to draft a team and then promptly got pummeled? Maybe my memory isn't too good though

19. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    What amusement park were you at?

20. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    World's of Fun.

21. Corran-Horn

Mar 16, 2004
    Yeah, I do have a habit of making good teams, don't I? :p Though essays are still required, namely in team battles, or controversial decisions... Echuu Shen-Jon getting a vote over Thon... Almost made my have a heartattack! [face_laugh]

~Corran

22. Corran-Horn

Mar 16, 2004
    It depends on the judges. Some hold BM very important, others don't. It also depends on how the rest of your team is assembled.

~Corran

23. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    I'm here, a few things to do before I get to my judgements.

24. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    However first off vapaad mastered Depa, Depa did not master vappad.

I suggest you read Shatterpoint, when the creator of the form says she mastered it, she mastered it.

Mundi's exploits are legendary, in my eyes at least. Only a handful of Jedi ever could have gone up against Grievous like that...Thats the stuff legends are made out of my friends

Skywalker, Skywalker, Kenobi, Windu, Yoda, Koon, Sidious, Vader, Kun, Malak, Revan, Qel Droma, Shan, Juhani, Bindo, Jeth, etc. Is this a handful, or should I continue?

But then again of course Force strength is important or else Sora Bulq would tear Vader apart

Do you hate Vader because everyone knows that he would beat Windu with ease?

[b][u][i]Dude, where?s my lightsaber[/i] - Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Depa Billaba, Agen Kolar, Bultar Swan, Voolvif Monn

vs.

[i]Ghost Recon Force[/i] - Yoda, Ki-Adi Mundi, Lord Hoth, Arca Jeth, Cay Qel-Droma, Tott Donetta[/u][/b]

This one is rather anti-climactic for me, as I feel neither of these teams should be in the finals, that being said they are.

I?m going to look at a few lesser factors first:

Leadership: Dead even, each team has a number of solid leaders.

Strategy / Tactics: This one clearly goes to [b]Dude[/b], [b]Plo Koon[/b] was the premier Jedi Strategist during the Clone Wars and his tactics won the Stark Hyperspace War. Everyone declares that [b]Hoth[/b] is a great military leader, this is partially correct, he?s a great tactician, but far from a good strategist.

Combat Experience: Every member of [b]Dude[/b] survived Geonosis and fought during the Clone Wars, as did Ki-Adi Mundi and Yoda. [b]Ghost[/b] also has four Sith War fighters. While I will stand by my statement that the war against the Brotherhood of Darkness was a watered down Sith conflict (nobody has yet to provide any good arguments against this and even stating that the Brotherhood was a tenth as dangerous as the Yuuzhan Vong severely lessens what I think of your knowledge). Still I will definitely give the edge to [b]Ghost[/b].

Now on to the more important factors:

Cohesion: I really shouldn?t need to explain this one. [b]Ghost[/b] has three master/padawan combinations, but Jedi from three different eras. [b]Dude[/b] has two master/padawan combinations, but all Jedi from the exact same era, heck they?ve all worked together.

Force Power: Again quite simple, I?ll give [b]Koon[/b] and [b]Monn[/b] the victory over they?re respective opposites, but every other one goes to the [b]Recon Force[/b].

Lightsaber Skills: This one is more or less equal I?ll give only [b]Yoda[/b] and [b]Monn[/b] clear victories over their opposites and the rest are more or less draws that I don?t really feel the need to work out.

Now on to the winning factor:

Battle Meditation: To put this simply if [b]Ghost[/b] did not have Battle Meditation he would lose, but he does and it gives him the victory.

[b]Winner of The Fourth Installment of the 2004 Jedi Draft: Ghost Recon Force[/b]

25. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    Yay, I'm so happy I lost. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.