main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The fourth installment of the 2004 Jedi Draft!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Horax, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Lol, well congrats Ghost Jedi on the victory and good job to Secondbest for getting that far. Well I guess Ill see all of you next draft...... whenever that is [face_worried]

2. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    The draft is never coming back.

This one is the last one forever. :)

3. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    I want to win next draft. Going to make a few changes to my game plan and hopefully win it. I'm sad that I didn't get to make it to the finals, but that's okay. Why? Because...

I STILL BEAT MADINE.

:p

Hopefully the next draft will have less problems. So...are we gonna have a Draft Awards thing? I think that would be cool, SB thought of it. Like awards would be : Best GM, Best Overall Team, Best Backfield Player, Hall of Fame induction....and so on.

4. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    We've actually considered Draft Awards before, but the idea didn't fly.

5. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    That's because we never tried to execute it. ;) And this would be the best time to do it.

6. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    Great draft by all. I would like to thank all GMs and judges for helping it run smoothly and quickly.

I'm sorry I haven't been in the best of moods this week, I just simply have more important things to worry about.

Horax asked if I would like to commish again next draft. I think I will do it again, but if I feel this way by the time we're aloud to have another one, I may have to hand the reigns over to someone.

Again, thanks to all, and sorry about my mood swings, I did not expect these problems in my life.

I would like some feedback on the new look of the draft, to decide if we should go back to the old system, stick with this one, or stick with this one and make some changes people may have in mind.

Personally, I enjoyed the new system, and I can't think of any major changes that need to be made. I think maybe a best of 3 finals might be better, or something along those lines.

I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.

7. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Well we all have time to think about changes....

JYA: Actually that is a very, very small handful when there have been millions and millions of Force Users that would not stand up to Grievous. That is a small handful.

I don't hate Vader at all. He just has some defects that could be exploited to beat him. His armor for one...Mace is fast, vader is powerful...Speed kills

And Luckily people don't care about your slighting the Brotherhood as a threat...You not thinking it was a major threat makes me think a bit less of your opinion

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Victoy is Mine!!!

9. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    I would like to thank all the judges that have voted for me. To win the draft is an awesome feeling. I would like to thank all the gms I have fought, there have been several awesome teams put together that I have faced, and had very close battles. To SecondBest you had a team that was very well togther. The fact that the championship match went to teams is indicative if that fact.

To think, that after my second team won, wow. I would like to thank janson, Mr. Sith & Emperor_Windu.

Now onto our Commisioner, bburditt had an idea were the draft could advance to, and I think that this draft went to places that no one else thought it could go to.

I would like to take this time to give bburditt a standing oation:
    =D=

=D=

=D=

=D=

=D=

10. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Thanks, Ghost.

11. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    Thanks, Ghost.

Now while I liked the new format, I don't think I could go through another one like it. You may get to play at least 5 games, but I'm not sure if that means much anymore. The draft went by fast, but it was still a long draft. I kind of miss the old format. Perhaps we could switch between formats every other draft.

12. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Congrats Ghost. Even though this draft seemed long it still finished a lot faster than the Starfighter draft. With this style is allows the lesser teams to get more battles in then they normally would, which is a plus

13. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    I really don't think it is a plus anymore. If your team isn't good, then they aren't good. Sometimes you don't need 5 games to tell you that.

14. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Maybe your right. I was just thinking that maybe it was this format that caused so many problems this draft. With so many matches and everyone wanted to make the playoffs, probally caused a lot more arguements then there normally would be. Regardless, I still liked the format and hope it stays

15. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    Actually, Suzuki, you went farther in the draftm true, but you did not beat me.

I beat you.

Congrats to Ghost.

Madine out

16. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

17. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    SecondBest
    Title: Winner-"Teh Mole" Game
    Date Posted: 7/14 10:39am Subject: RE: The fourth installment of the 2004 Jedi Draft!!! - Date Edited: 7/14 10:40am (1 edits total) Edited By: SecondBest

I know who I want but that Jedi won't be around when I pick again.

EDIT:

I agree with Niktos. Hoth is a 4th rounder at best.

18. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    Your point is? I still think Hoth is a fourth rounder.

19. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    My point is that, during the drafting selection I had two controversial pix in Hoth & Acra, and how I should have taken other players; but if I did that I would not have had the Trump Busting Hoth or Acra's BM.

I wonder if there will be bburditt awards?

20. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Suzuki: Third Place

Madine: Honorable Mention

GAME OVER.

21. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Now that the game is concluded, this thread can be locked, correct?

22. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Lock before Suzuki and Madine starting agrueing over placements and who beat whoever.

23. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I am waiting for word from one of the leaders of this draft.

24. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    You can lock it if you like, Strilo.

Any idea on when we'll be aloud to start the new one, as I have to keep in touch with Horax.

25. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Last Post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.