main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The fourth installment of the 2004 Jedi Draft!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Horax, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    The best I went was 3-2. I got third in the third draft.

2. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    How do you guys decide who gets first, second...blah blah draft pick?

3. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    Suzuki the first two picks will go to the winner and runner-up of last draft, who are Saber_Leader and Gaeri respectively. The remaining picks are decided randomly. The first round gets picked 1-12, second round 12-1 and so on.

This will all be explained after I get my confirmations I am waiting for.

4. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Well bburditt's post makes mine irrelevant since we said the exact same thing only he beat me to it.

5. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    I rule!

6. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    Remind everyone what your record is in the drafts against me bburditt.

Then we will see who rules.

7. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    You can brag about the past all you like, but things change, and now look who had the first post!

8. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    If things change how come you didn't beat me the 2nd time we faced each other. I believe it is because you are an inferior GM. ;)

9. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    They changed after that.

10. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    So, I am going to bed shortly, and I think I will give S_L, Gaeri and Corran 36 hours to log in and confirm their spot in the draft. If they don't show, their spots will be up for grabs.

At 9:33 am board time on the morning of July 10 is when the slots will open.

Does 36 hours seem like a reasonable time?

11. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    I say 24 hours is all they get. :D

12. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Yes, we all want to get the draft started, but we know Gaei is camping, and Corran's computer is a little messed.

If one of those two doesn't show, Sith gets their spot and I need a new judge.

13. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    I say give them 36 hours. I'm not an advocate of rushing people when they aren't yet aware that a new draft has started. All 3 are reliable. SuperVader may have some info on Gaeri since he took over for her. Also whoever is running the Starfighter draft may be able to give you a better update on Corran's situation. SaberLeader probably just doesn't know a new draft has started.

14. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I'm diffenately in again; first pick is too good to miss.

And Corran is gone until Saturday-that's what he told me when he asked me to temp-commish the SFD.

15. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    OK so I need Corran and Gaeri... they have 36 hours, if Corran will be back Saturday I may slip in a few more hours for him.

Welcome back S_L, should be a fun draft this time around!

16. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    Well 2/3 of the situation have been solved or updated.

Anyway I'm off for the night.

17. Saber_Leader

Jan 28, 2003
    Welcome back S_L, should be a fun draft this time around!

Thansk! I need to think about this first pick; Luke beating Yoda last draft through the conventional first pick away. Decisions, decisions. . . [face_thinking]

18. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    S_L what do you think about the changes?

19. Saber_Leader

Jan 28, 2003
    I like the extended trade deadlines; they give you a chance to see what the judges think of your players that you didn't have before.

As to the conferences/playoffs, it'll make each draft longer, which might cause GMs to lose focus and attention to the draft. And I don't really see the point of the 'regular season' if every team makes the playoffs anyway.

20. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    I like the regular season because it gives GM's more time with their teams, which in the long run should make the playoffs more interesting.

The extended trade deadlines are good too, I'm certain trades will be happening during the fighting.

I will do my best to keep the draft running as fast as possible to keep everyone interested.

Once the playoffs hit though, it's really anybody's draft. I think it should be fun to watch. The judging this time too will be interesting, we all see things differently. Which makes it hard for a GM to build a team based on what they think the judges will like, which makes it less predictable.

Also, I like the pre-decided number order. I hated losing that way.

However, if I find that GMs lose interest the amount of games can always be cut back.

We shall see. It's all a beta.

21. OBIX2

OBIX2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2003
    "the first two picks will go to the winner and runner-up of last draft, who are Saber_Leader and Gaeri respectively."

I'm just curious about something,how come the winner and runner up get first and second picks? In the NFL draft,the worst team from the previous year gets to pick first to try to build a better team.There's nothing wrong with the way we do it,just something I've wondered about. :)

22. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    What did yah do Obi?

23. OBIX2

OBIX2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2003
    "What did yah do Obi? "

You mean the ban? Ah,I lost a trivia game.They always ban you for 24 hours if you miss a question.Just as a joke sort of. :p At least they let you post with a sock. :)

24. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I like the new game style... i mean, last draft, I got to play in 2 games, then I was done... Didn't much seem worth it after all that time choosing and trading. 6 games will definatly make it worth it, no matter how poorly I do.

Watch out S_L, I'm coming for you!

25. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    I'm just curious about something,how come the winner and runner up get first and second picks? In the NFL draft,the worst team from the previous year gets to pick first to try to build a better team.There's nothing wrong with the way we do it,just something I've wondered about.

I've wondering about that too Obix. I think the probable reason is that the winner and runner-up needs to be rewarded. Why doesn't the NFL do this you ask? Because the winning team already has a good team!

Here all the teams are re-set, so I think it's only fair that the winning GM gets first pick. I would like to see a team without Luke or Yoda win it this time around though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.