main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fourth Installment of the 2005 Jedi Draft-Jedi Revelations

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Horax, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zonama_Mekot

Zonama_Mekot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    A better question would be, how does Jaina beat Arca?

2. Darth_Patton00

Darth_Patton00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2005
    No idea

3. ghost-jedi

ghost-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2004
    Match 3: Army of Light (EMPEROR_WINDU) (3) vs. The Boon Dogs (Axle_Starwielder) (3)
    Yoda, Count Dooku, Qui-Gon Jinn, Ki-Adi Mundi, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti
    vs.
    Anakin Skywalker, Jacen Solo, Arca Jeth, Thon, Lord Hoth, Cay Qel-Droma

Yoda > Anakin
    Dooku > Jacen
    Qui-Gon > Arca
    Mundi < Thon
    Koon < Hoth
    Shaak < Cay

Widnu has the advantage in the top 3, but has a disadvantage when it comes down to the bottom 3. The Boon Dogs though have their advantages. Most importantly they have experience. Though Yoda, Dooku and Qui Gon have some experience, they are simply eclipsed by Anakin, Jacen, Arca, Thon, Hoth and Cay. However when it comes to leadership, Windu has the advantage, where the Dogs need to look to their backfield to pick it up. However the Dogs have the advantage of BM.

Though I could see this battle going either way, I gotta go w. my gut and give the victory to the Boon Dogs.

4. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    I think Vos would take Jaina, too.

Madine out

5. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    OT Conference

Tatooine Division

Match 2: Solovengers of Peace and Enlightenment (Johnny_Solo_65) (3) vs. The Darkness (JODA_YASKIEWICZ) (3)
    Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, Asajj Ventress, Lord Nyax, Darth Nihilus, Xanatos

vs.

Darth Vader, Darth Malak, Darth Traya, Darth Bane, Darth Sion, Onimi

In the skill category (which I deem the most important) there is a clear advantage to JODA's team. Power is close, after Sidious Johnny really doesn't have much in terms of power, whereas JODA doesn't have much either, but it's a close category. These teams both have some holes cohesion wise, but I think on the whole Johnny's team as slightly better cohesion due to his top three mostly. In the end however, I'm giving this one to the team that is just more skilled the whole way through.

The Winner: The Darkness

Match 3: Army of Light (EMPEROR_WINDU) (3) vs. The Boon Dogs (Axle_Starwielder) (3)
    Yoda, Count Dooku, Qui-Gon Jinn, Ki-Adi Mundi, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti

vs.

Anakin Skywalker, Jacen Solo, Arca Jeth, Thon, Hoth, Cay Qel-Droma

Disagreeing with Ken, I am going to say that E_W has a very cohesive team in terms of this draft. Dooku loves Qui-Gon, you did watch AotC right? Dooku has superior respect for Yoda, and vice-versa methinks. The back three all fall into line very nicely with the top three.

As for skill, this is another category I think WINDU's team easily takes. Yoda is more skilled than Anakin, and my reason for saying so is that Anakin is an arrogant idiot. Dooku has more skill than little Jacen too. He's a master of Form II, which is the ultimate dueling form. This is kind of funny because he got spanked by the arrogant idiot I was just making fun of earlier. Qui-gon and Ki-Adi are both more skill than their opposites, and the bottom two is fairly even in skill, not knowing anything about Koon or Hoth, and I think Shaak and Cat are requal in this category.

Power is pretty even for me too. Yoda creams Anakin, but Jacen has the advantage over Dooku. Axle's backfield is more powerful though. If it wasn't for Yoda, this category would be pretty much a blow-out for Axle, but, it is for Yoda.

I have to give this match to the more skilled and cohesive team.

The Winner: The Army of Light

Alderaan Division

Match 2: Six Deadly Dudes (TheForgottenJedi) (3) vs. Gungan Greatness (Darth-Horax) (3)
    Darth Sidious, Count Dooku, Darth Malak, Freedon Nadd, Sora Bulq, Lumiya

vs.

Mace Windu, The Exile, Bastila Shan, Thon, Corran Horn, Kam Solusar

Wow, upon second thought, this is a real close match and could go either way. Im my opinion, skill goes to SDD, because there's really not one hole on their team. Nadd isn't great, but he's not bad either. Plus they at least match their opponent in skill the whole way down. With the except that Mace has more skill than Sidious.

Power on the other hand goes heavily in favour to SDD. Their top three destroys Horax's top three in power.

Cohesion goes slightly to Horax's squad, but I really don't think it's enough to overcome the slight skill and power disadvantages they have.

The Winner: Six Deadly Dudes

PT Conference

Naboo Division

Match 1: Kenobi?s Talons (Talon_Kenobi) (3) vs. Jim?s Jedi Mounties (SaeseeJim) (3)
    Luke Skywalker, Jacen Solo, Nomi Sunrider, Kyp Durron, Kam Solusar, Mara Jade Skywalker

vs.

Darth Revan, The Exile, Darth Traya, Marka Ragnos, Lord Nyax, Visas Marr

Thankfully this is an easier one for me, and I don't have to worry about voting an American over a Canadian here. Talon's team out-classes Jim's team in every single category. Not to mention they have Luke, who could probably take Jim's team out himself... if we judged him that way that is, which we don't.

The Winner: Kenobi's Talons

Mustafar Division

Match 1: The Fl

6. classified

classified Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    up for discussion. i wont contribute because ill admit that i dont know too much about jaina. but her grandad WAS the chosen one and i hear her uncle wasnt too bad either

7. Zonama_Mekot

Zonama_Mekot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    She's got the genetics and the potential power that come with them. Other than that though, her skill is sub-par, and her realized power is only average. She simply is more of a pilot than a duelist, and her lack of training and experience dueling as compared to her brothers hurts her.

8. Darth_Patton00

Darth_Patton00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2005
    Well a loss for me. But I am happy to have taken Moron to teams, and his team is one of if not the best team in the division. Good match MoronDude.

9. ghost-jedi

May 20, 2004
    arca > quinlan > jaina

10. classified

May 24, 2005
    ok

to quote a famous poet: 'My give up, my give up'

11. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    I agree with Ghost.

Arca is way better than Vos, who's way better than Jaina. Jaina was a gifted pilot, but not a great dueler.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Speaking of famous poets, where is Horaxian-Astromech?

13. ghost-jedi

May 20, 2004

Great Minds do think alike

14. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    I knew I needed more power on my team.

15. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    Can we get each conference's free agent list up so we can see who is available to pick up.

Thanks

Madine out

16. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Patton: I disagree with Ken. I think what my team has in cohesion and skill makes up for our deficit in experience.

I never even mentioned experience when I broke down your team there. ;)

burd: Just going to clear up one quick thing before I get hounded by the masses for giving cohesion to the Boon Dogs...

Dooku has superior respect for Yoda, and vice-versa methinks.

He has respect for him, but he also loathes him (see LoE).

Kind of like Luke would respect Sids for his abilities, but also doesn't like him very well.

Mekot: A better question would be, how does Jaina beat Arca?

Jaina knocks down his normal advantage with power, and her skill is a small edge. Experience could go either way, but the Sword of the Jedi takes it regardless.

Horax: Arca is way better than Vos, who's way better than Jaina. Jaina was a gifted pilot, but not a great dueler.

Actually, Jaina Solo dueled Tsavong Lah to the death on Ebaq 9, after the moon had already been blown apart and she was nearly blind.

17. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Actually, Jaina Solo dueled Tsavong Lah to the death on Ebaq 9, after the moon had already been blown apart and she was nearly blind.

You cant' polish a piece of poo.

Horaxian-Astromech will be making some appearances a little later in the show.

18. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Madine, I'll post them when SB judges the match he needs to.... yours.

19. classified

May 24, 2005
    lolololololol!!!!Thatis sooooooooo funny.

Its my quote for the whole of next week!!!
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

20. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    thanks, bburditt, I will look forward to seeing the list, and the outcome of my match.

Madine out

21. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Glad you enjoy it,Mr. Turkey!

22. classified

May 24, 2005
    FYI: Its not my name, its where i come from

FBI: we got soap on the Bed

23. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Actually Ghost is judging it now, and since Ghost and SB both told me they are voting the same way, I didn't see a problem in letting him switch conferences.

24. ghost-jedi

May 20, 2004
    Talked to Burd, and I am pinch judging for the pt conference:

Match 2: The Brooklyn Jedi: Reloaded (GenMadine) (3) vs. The New White Warriors (GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN) (3)
    Luke Skywalker, Nomi Sunrider, Count Dooku, Onimi, Kyp Durron, Thon

vs.

Darth Vader, Darth Revan, Asajj Ventress, Darth Traya, Lord Nyax, Kar Vastor

We are judging who has the best team, and top to bottom Madine just has the better team. Madine only has one weakness on his team, and that is Onimi. Kev on the other hand has weaknesses in both Nyax and Kar Vastor. Individually Madine has the stronger team. As far as cohession goes, Madine takes it. Madine just has the stronger team.

Victor: TBJ

25. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    As far as cohession goes, Madine takes it.

You're joking, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.