main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fourth Precept

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediMasterNicolas, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterNicolas

JediMasterNicolas Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2005
    OK, for those of you who have read Visionaries, you will know that the short non-verbal story The Fourth Precept is awesome, yet very confusing. It is short, only six pages long, and made up of crist, conflicting images. My challenge to all of you, is to come up with a story to fit the titantic battle depicted in those short six pages.

Whatever you can cook up is fine, and I'm sure we'll get a crazy ass story from Excellence (if the trail of cookies I've set up lures him in here).

I'll post mine later tonight if I can, and if not, tommorow. But in the mean-time, everyone feel free to cook up something good.

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Without the desire to buy Visionaries I don't know what story is being alluded to. My eventual acquisition of Joiner King will be my first SW story in a long time.

3. JediMasterNicolas

Jun 4, 2005
    Oh ok, enjoy the cookies then!

4. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    I'll give it a go.
    The Fourth Precept

In a universe trillions of times larger than all the galaxies it contained, yet at the same time smaller than a single cell of any one of its inhabitants, a war took place among the stars.

This war was not fought for money, or power, or honor. It was fought for the Universe in which it took place.
    This war had many combatants. Sometimes the dragons, colder than death, seemed to be winning.
    Other times it appeared that the Whills were the ones in control. In the end, none of it mattered.

The final battle of the war was fought by two Whills- Ashla and Bogan. Bogan had forsaken his old life and joined the dragons. Ashla, his brother made it his duty to destroy his brother and end the war.
    There were other combatants left on both sides, but none of them decided to fight in this final battle.
    This battle was personal.
    As Ashla and Bogan fought in an arena set up for this battle, their effects could be felt throughout their universe.
    The battle was fought in the volcanic formations of new worlds, in the tranquility of the oceans of a thousand planets.
    The battle was fought in the feral instincts of the beasts of the jungles, and in thw hearts and minds of all the citizens of the universe.
    The battle was fought in the future, the past, and outside time itself.
    The battle was fought for decades.

Then, something happened.
    As the both combatants appeared to be about to win, their universe exploded.

Ashla and Bogan, the two brothers of good and evil, became one.

At last there was balance.

The outcome of this battle was the same as over twenty thousand other battles in over twenty thousand other universes, in trillions of cells, in one single being.

After forty-six years of war, there was peace, if only for a moment.

In that moment that balance was achieved, the one called Anakin Skywalker lived and died.

And all the universes contained within him disappeared.

Weird, huh?

5. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    o.0

That's both weird and awesome. Although doesn't this belong in Fan Fiction Resource as a challenge?

6. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    Sounds like the story of DC Vs Marvel Comics

7. JediMasterNicolas

Jun 4, 2005
    The Fourth Precept

In a universe trillions of times larger than all the galaxies it contained, yet at the same time smaller than a single cell of any one of its inhabitants, a war took place among the stars.

This war was not fought for money, or power, or honor. It was fought for the Universe in which it took place.
    This war had many combatants. Sometimes the dragons, colder than death, seemed to be winning.
    Other times it appeared that the Whills were the ones in control. In the end, none of it mattered.

The final battle of the war was fought by two Whills- Ashla and Bogan. Bogan had forsaken his old life and joined the dragons. Ashla, his brother made it his duty to destroy his brother and end the war.
    There were other combatants left on both sides, but none of them decided to fight in this final battle.
    This battle was personal.
    As Ashla and Bogan fought in an arena set up for this battle, their effects could be felt throughout their universe.
    The battle was fought in the volcanic formations of new worlds, in the tranquility of the oceans of a thousand planets.
    The battle was fought in the feral instincts of the beasts of the jungles, and in thw hearts and minds of all the citizens of the universe.
    The battle was fought in the future, the past, and outside time itself.
    The battle was fought for decades.

Then, something happened.
    As the both combatants appeared to be about to win, their universe exploded.

Ashla and Bogan, the two brothers of good and evil, became one.

At last there was balance.

The outcome of this battle was the same as over twenty thousand other battles in over twenty thousand other universes, in trillions of cells, in one single being.

After forty-six years of war, there was peace, if only for a moment.

In that moment that balance was achieved, the one called Anakin Skywalker lived and died.

And all the universes contained within him disappeared.

Awesome dude! That was great! Similar to mine yet so different!

I just got up and am to lazy to post mine now, but it should be up later this afternoon.

And again, Darth_Boba, that was awesome

8. JediMasterNicolas

Jun 4, 2005
    OK, you can all thank Darth_Boba for this one. BTW, D_B, I stole the names from you cause including those hadn't occered to me. :p

The Whills, the first race, had ascended. They had stripped themselves of thier flesh, to become the beings of energy they truely were.
    But there was a downside.
    The forces of evil had ascended aswell. Ashla, leader of the forces of light, stood before Bogan, the leader of evil.
    The two put thier celestial swords in front of themselves in a slaute.
    Then they clashed.
    The fight was furious, and as they fought across the cosmos, the universe imploded.
    Bogan was distracted, and Ashla struck him down, and the two became one in unity.
    The forces of evi forfitted thier omnipotence, and all was good.

10,800,000 years later

The universe had imploded and recreated itself another 18 times after that titanic battle.
    Hero's had arisn in each, fighting titantic wars, but none so titanic as to rival that battle fought at the first acension.
    Many had ascended to join the Whills, who had kept a presence in each galaxy, taking on form or another to be inconspicuous.
    Ashla had kept himself sealed away, preparing all these eons for another battle.
    As the universe began to come in apon itself, good and evil again seperated.
    The good omnipotes, who had ruled for so many years in peace, sat across from the evil, who had faced a horrible fate.
    Non-existance.
    The circle they formed was to be the battle field, as it had be the first time.
    This battle would decide what ruled for the next 19 cycles.
    Balance....
    ....or Chaos.
    Ashla and Bogan again faced each other. They stared at each other, saluted, and the fight began...
    ...and ended.
    Bogan, eager to no longer be imprisioned by balance, jumped furiously at his counterpart.
    But he had made a critial error. He had left his flank open, and in one swift move, the wise Ashla had struck him down.
    The evil spirits shrieked as the were once more condemed to non-existance.
    Some of the more, boisterious, omnipotes rushed to Ashla and congratulated him.
    He had become balance once again, and these were the few words he spoke
    "I have ensured balance for 19 cycles, I was not about to let Chaos reign.
    Bogan was over-eager. For 19 cycles, evil has eventually been condemed.
    So will be all malice's fate for the next 19 cycles, and the next, and for all of excistance.
    Never shall I falter.
    No evil doer shall pass into this realm."

Twisted huh?

9. JediMasterNicolas

Jun 4, 2005
  10. ForceSynaesthesia

ForceSynaesthesia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    I know this is off topic, but where would you guys place this story since its very abstract. I was thinking about 1000 yb SW4. What do you think?

11. JediMasterNicolas

Jun 4, 2005
    Well, in my story, it takes place about 180,000,000 years before the Staw Wars universe, and 10 trillon some years after. But that's just me. Feel free to create your own story, that's what the thread is for. Give us your point of view on the story.

12. JediMasterNicolas

Jun 4, 2005
    Hey Darth_Boba, who abandoned the thread now :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.