The Free Book Giveaway Debacle

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Chris Knight, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vergere Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    They could have taught the "red shirts" a thing or two about line management.

LOL you got that right! God forbid you start to get in line before the 15 minute mark! [face_shocked] And if you do...whoa, watch out.

My friends and I were very disappointed to arrive Saturday morning to find a blocked off Hall F. I remember the picture clearly: we peeked through the dividers to see a barren cement floor with a single trashcan off to one side. Nothing else. :( :p

But I would've rather gone to the Opening Ceremonies than the book giveaway!
  2. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Yes, there was alot of confusion at times. But let's not gang up on the Red-shirts and Blue-Shirts (as far as I know they're mostly volunteers) they were doing the best they could. Yell at the Green-shirts from the convention center...they were a$$holes who didn't care about fans (everyone else tried to be helpful) I missed alot of stuff like the book giveaway, but I don't blame the event staff entirely.

Remember, the people who cut lines and bought more then their 2 allowed Lucas figures. There was alot of greed going on at Celebration II. And we the fans lost on in the end. I saw people using those large gift shop bags, instead of the smaller ones being given out.
  3. Doright Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I am just sad because one my members wanted me to get her a few of them and by the time I found the place it was picked clean. :(
  4. FiorCara Jedi Knight

star 1
    Again... spanish books? Anyone know where to find these?

~Caleigh
  5. MarkZ Jedi Padawan

I'd like to take a moment to publicly thank Bobafemme and Bruno-Fett for helping me get the german Star Wars stuff that I was looking for! As I said earlier, I have an uncle that is a German teacher. He is the one that first introduced me to Star Wars back in '77, so I wanted to get him something cool to thank him!

Thanks again guys! Your generosity is much appreciated!
  6. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Just for reference purposes:

Red Shirts: WOTC staff/employees who flew in to organize/run the event.

Blue/Green Shirts: Convention Center Staff...security, janitorial, etc.

Yellow Shirts: Volunteers (Indy Knights, 501st, & members of the Mara Jade Club that I can never remember the name of).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.