main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Freemaker Adventures - Season 2

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Well, the first episode aired, is available on the XD app, and on Amazon, etc. Watched the first episode his morning with my daughter. A lot of fun!

I dig the Lego Star Wars Universe, and think this side-story focusing on new unique characters is a great idea.

And the idea of salvagers re-building 'Uglies' ("Z-Wings!", says Zander) is the perfect setup for a Lego-based universe, right?

(Didn't see another thread for this in Lit. Feel free to merge if there already is)

CooperTFN likes this.
  2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    As long as nothing in this show is considered canon I may consider watching

spicer likes this.
  3. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    That's such a weird response to a LEGO show.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I was very amused by the Ugly part -- many LEGO creations are Uglies, in one way or another.

Also I'm always here for Palpatine trolling his subjects.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Noash_Retrac and Taalcon like this.
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Watched it last night. They've already introduced The Wheel and Uglies, so I'm happy :). We also get a bit of history into the origins of kyber crystals being used as weapons (particularly those of the planet-destroying kind).

The focus on the kid makes it feel like this is aimed at a slightly younger audience than the previous LEGO SW series, but the ending of this episode at least puts things on a darker path than the more-obvious direction that the rest of the episode suggests.

EDIT- And the second episode gives us Punishing One and a Hutt voiced by Master Shake. That is fantastic, hehe.

Darth_Pevra and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  6. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Graballa the Hutt I presume?

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Nice to see a Dianoga in all its glory. I swear they even used the same SFX from the N64 Shadows of the Empire game.

BigAl6ft6 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yep. Jabba's cousin.

9. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Watched the first episode, quite liked it the ending needs to be seen to be believed (as in I'm not spoilering it here!);)

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Third episode had a cute Vader bit, but also shows that not every episode will be a kyber crystal hunt.

Also, we get a Star Tours 1 reference.

11. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    It was the Vader with the Naboo starfighter that won me over. Including Thomas Lennon's customer character, what was his name? I'd love to see him as an ongoing nemesis of the Freemakers.

I don't think any of this is canon, but since I'm currently, um [face_blush], trying to play my way through the Lego Star Wars games (at MY age!!!), I definitely got a giggle out of it.

12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I've only seen the first episode so far but based on the reactions here (of all places) I'll definitely have to keep up with it--and I wouldn't mind if basic elements from the show made it into canon here and there. It can be a source of worldbuilding without having to be completely literal.

Oh, and in case this is news, Leland confirmed that it takes place between ESB and RotJ, adding a further parallel to the Azzameens. :D

DarthSienna, MercenaryAce and Taalcon like this.
  13. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Not from Star Wars fans, it isn't. ;)

Darth Kickass likes this.
  14. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    So I think the last episode had the first on-screen depiction of the Temple-As-Imperial Palace. Even without explicit markings, that was cool :)
    [​IMG]

I mean, it's not as cool as the FFG art for it, but having it be onscreen as such in animation (in some form at least) in that role is kind of neat.
    [​IMG]

DoubleSith likes this.
  15. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Where can I see that FFG picture bigger?!

Anyway I really love this show. It's heartfelt, has really unique relationships at its center...and yeah, the writers are really finding interesting angles on familiar Star Wars tropes.
    In particular, I loved Rowan's siblings helping him figure out the Force on Bespin.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  16. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I didn't know the Wheel was in it until the other day! Is this supposed to be the LEGO version of the (Legends) Marvel Wheel?

TC

17. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    It's been said to have been inspired by it, but not to BE it.

18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I know that season 1 is going to have 13 episodes, but are they planning more seasons? I love this series and Roger is just comical.

19. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Great new episode this week! Rowan's figured out some ...stuff.

20. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Is this available for streaming anywhere? I DVRd the season and then my cable box died on me before I had a chance to watch it. I suppose I could always just find it on youtube...

21. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    If you had been able to DVR it, that must mean you have a Disney XD subscription. If so, you can definitely view it with the XD app, or login using your cable provider's system to watch it on demand.

For those who do not have nor want to buy a cable package with Disney XD because of $$$, the episodes are available to legally purchase through amazon (my choice), iTunes, etc.

Basically, the same exact venues to watch Rebels. (I've also seen reruns showing on the vanilla Disney Channel from time to time).

my kind of scum likes this.
  22. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I'm still behind on watching but I just wanna say, that episode with Vader and the Naboo was one of the cutest things I have ever seen in Star Wars. [face_love]

Darth_Pevra and Gudenruben2 like this.
  23. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002

Thanks. Unfortunately, my provider doesn't work with Disney's on demand system as of yet. I may have to check it out on Amazon. It seems that people are really enjoying it.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The series has gotten rather good- they have some legitimately creative action sequences that I would love to see in live action one day.

The most recent episode also made the ESB-ROTJ setting obvious, as carbonite Han shows up. ("You bring that thing wherever you go? It's just... weird."

Also gotta love that Boba & Dengar are BFFs here- another nice EU nod.

Taalcon and Gudenruben2 like this.
  25. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    So...next episode says Hondo shows up...hopefully this will mean the main canon universe still has Hondo at this time. Can you imagine a meeting between Luke and Hondo??