main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fresno FF Senate Floor.

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by DarksiderGeorge, Nov 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    I believe it is high time that this FF have a place to discuss political/social issues away from the "main" Senate Floor.

So come one, come all, voice your opinions on issues that matter to you!!

Senators from Fresno, you now have the floor!

***Hits gavel****

2. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Hopefully we won't attract the trolls, like last time. Does anyone want to open up the floor with an issue?

3. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    i thought we were the 'central valley FF'??? eh..

4. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    i thought we were the 'central valley FF'??? eh...

Doh!!

Hell, I didn't even know we were a Fan Force! ! ! :eek: ;)

5. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    Ok Ok...Names aside,we know what this thread is for, right??? So lets see someone fire off on a topic that concerns them.... [face_plain]

6. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I think your avatar totally applies in this case, dude.

7. Heather_Skywalker

Heather_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2002
    I'm sorry about these boys, they well, are insane. Around here nothing much bother's us at the fiction department it' another story.

Bye!

8. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Perhaps a good topic to discuss would be:

The Bay Area Invasion of the San Joaquin Valley??

9. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    there was something that really ticked me off on the way home from las vegas yesterday. there was a lot of road construction on the freeways, and i saw the dumbest thing, they were actual government made signs saying 'Your Tax Dallors at Work' tell me how much more stupid could they get? lets see i guess my tax DALLORS should be going to educate to iddiots making those signs, because there must have been 10 of them on that one freeway alone.

10. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    When are you all planning to have your third meeting and elect a CR so you can finally become official?

11. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    prolly never.

12. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    prolly never.

What he said. :p

13. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    You guys don't want to have a third meeting or become official? Why is that? You are one of the most active boards in the Pacific Region. You are more active than many of the official chapters.

14. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    It just seems that the "fire" has burned out, so to speak, for becoming official. Hell, we don't even post all that much here anymore. Whether we just all got bored, or something else, the posting is waaaaaaaay down on our board here. In reality, I think that it has a lot to do with the geographical differences. It is real hard to go from Merced to Fresno and back on any sort of regular basis. That's just me speaking, though.

(To boot, this "issues" thread DSGeorge made for us to discuss societal issues has turned into an off-topic discussion! :D )

15. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    we are one of the most active??? how sad is that???

16. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Yes, you guys are sad!

I go from Merced to Sacramento at least once a month for a 501st event or prop workshop or people come down this way for event too.

Fresno is only an hour away, come on.

What you guys need to find is common interest between you. The group that I am with, we are all into SW, duh, but we are also into prop replicas and costuming and that is what brings us together to work on stuff.

I think the FF group up in Sac is into Fan made SW movies and that is one of the big things that they probably get together to talk about.

So what are you guys into, collecting toys, fan films, CCG, role play, props costuming?

I myself was bigtime into toys and just a little bit into props before I met up with my group, now my focus has changed. But before that, I wanted to set up a local collectors group so that if we saw something out in the stores we would call others and let them know.

Just so thoughts, Ken
    TK-4321?The Elvis Trooper

17. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    I think the problem is that there just isn't that much to do around here *shrugs* I have heard about a big Anime convention thingie comeing up though, that would be fun! But, I don't think anybody else here are big Anime fans...

18. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i like some anime but i'm not a hardcore fan of it all...

19. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    If you're looking for a nearby anime convention, then SoCal's "Anime Expo" is the way to go:

Anime Expo

I have been 2 times in my life (1999 & 2000). I don't really consider myself a hardcore fan of anime in general anymore, more a Macross freak and also a big fan of Eva and Berserk.

20. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    As I have mentioned before you can have two chapters, a Fresno one and a Merced one but still share this board for communication and change the name to Fresno/Merced board. Or I can create a seperate board just for Merced.

This is what the Santa Barbara CA chapter decided to do: Since all of their members were from either Ventura CA or Santa Maria or San Luis Obispo, I created a seperate board for Ventura CA, they are now official and have elected a City Rep. The name of the Santa Barbara Board was changed to Santa Maria/SLO and those two groups are sharing the same board.

21. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    **** The CVFF Senate Floor is surrounded by Dark Jedi intent on restoring order to this thread*****

Loitering in the Senate Floors is strictly prohibited, please post your feelings on political/sociological issues here. I wish to hear them..... I promise to do the same....

If not, well.....

**** the sound of 100 lightsabers igniting fills the air in the vast chambers of the Senate Floor*****

22. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    (To boot, this "issues" thread DSGeorge made for us to discuss societal issues has turned into an off-topic discussion! :D)

I knew you would not be pleased with the hijacking of your thread, señor!! :)

23. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    What's this thread about?

Also, my opinion is that splitting these groups or boards is a bad idea. Not enough interest for even the joint group to do stuff. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW.
    The Modesto squad, of the Central CA 501st, will be attending a charity event today to help out with the distribution of toys to needed kids and families. In conjunction with the Merced Police Dept.

24. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    What's this thread about?

Originally, DSGeorge created this thread for discussing societal and real-life issues. He wanted this to be like the 'Senate Floor' forum itself, only just for us here. However, it seems to have turned into a duplicate thread for discussing FF matters...........

There was actually a thread created long ago to discuss the creation of a FanForce:

Establishing a FanForce

I don't mean to be sarcastic, Kenny, so I hope the post doesn't come across that way.

:)

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Sorry to derail your thread guys... I won't bring up FF issues again. You can all go back to discussing important Societal issues now. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.