main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Friday the 13th Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Drac39, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Did anyone pick up the Crystal Lake Memories book?

2. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    No, I haven't. But I have reserved a copy at my local shop. I'm sure that It's a wonderful book and a great read.

By the way, has anyone else read the first and/or the second book in the new Friday The 13th series?
    I have read both the first book: Church of the Divine Psychopath and the second one: Hell Lake
    I really liked the first book but the second one proved to be a minor disapointment. Athough, I'm sure that I will continue to read the rest of the entries in the series.

3. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Holy crap guys, I spotted this at Spencer's last night. I'm picking it up tomorrow.

4. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Yeah, I saw that, yesterday. Pretty cool, did you get it, Mak? I also saw a cool Friday the 13th Part 2 set. Have you guys seen that one? It comes with what they call "Sack Head" Jason, his mother's head and shrine, and an assortment of Jason weapons.

Also, some sad news. Maybe you've heard, but Moustapha Akkad, executive producer of all the Halloween films, was killed in the terrorist attacks in Jordan last week. :(

'Halloween' Producer Killed in Jordan Terrorist Bombing
    11 November 2005 (StudioBriefing)
    Producer-director Moustapha Akkad, who produced all of the Halloween horror films, has died from injuries sustained during the terrorist attacks in Jordan earlier this week, al-Jazeera reported today. Akkad also directed the 1976 film The Message, starring Anthony Quinn, about the prophet Muhammad, and the 1981 film Lion of the Desert, also starring Quinn, about Omar Mukhtar, who led the resistance to Mussolini's occupation of Libya.

'Halloween' Producer Buried in Syria
    14 November 2005 (WENN)
    Moustapha Akkad, the executive producer of the Halloween films who lost his life in the hotel bomb attacks that hit Jordan on Wednesday, was given a hero's burial in Syria yesterday. The 69-year-old, who also directed the 1981 movie Lion Of The Desert starring Anthony Quinn, Oliver Reed and Rod Steiger, was in Amman to attend a wedding in one of three hotels struck by suicide bombers. His 34-year-old daughter, Rima Akkad Monla, also died in the blast. In the wake of Akkad's tragic death, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad signed a decree awarding the American national Syria's most prestigious civil medal to award "his Arab nationalist stances." Akkad was laid to rest in the northern city of Aleppo, where he was born and raised before he moved to Los Angeles in the 1950s to study.

5. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Wow, it's always weird to hear of a name you recognize being victim to every day worldly events, you know? It's like...you don't really think that anything can happen, despite all the actors, singers, and other celebrities or behind the scenes people who are killed.

6. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Yeah, I saw that, yesterday. Pretty cool, did you get it, Mak?

Oh yeah. :D

I never got the other 18 inch Jason that NECA made, so I couldn't pass this one up. And yeah, I also saw that part 2 set. Very nice. I might buy that sometime too.

7. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Yeah, I picked up the Part 2 set a few weeks back, but passed on the 18-inch figure due to the fact that I have the other 18-inch figure from Part 7.

8. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Wow that`s quite the shock

9. Zombi_2_1979

Zombi_2_1979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2005
    RIP Moustapha Akkad. :(

Sorry to see this.

10. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    Holy crap! I had no idea he was the movie producer that was killed. My condolences to his family.

11. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    He was the one who would oppose the remake rumors,it`s going to happen...

Al-Qaeda killed Michael Myers

12. neeldawg66

Mar 21, 2002
    :eek:

Did you guys hear the news? Check it out!

Hmm, I wonder how they'll pull this origin story off? Maybe it'll take place between part 1 & 2 and show how he managed to survive after "supposedly" drowning as a boy.

13. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Holy crud this will be a lot of fun.

We are in for a treat.

14. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Wow, didn't see this coming!

As cool as this movie could be, is anyone else just a tad bit bummed out? I mean, part of the fun of the series is coming up with your own ideas about what happened.

15. neeldawg66

Mar 21, 2002
    Actually, I'm really interested to see what happened. There never has been a concrete explanation as to why his mother thought him dead for so many years, when he was actually living in the woods. I don't know how they're gonna pull it off though. Should be interesting.

I'm still amazed their making this, I thought after there incredible success with Freddy Vs. Jason, that was all we were going to see from here on out, sequels to that. Especially considering the dismal BO of Jason X.

16. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    I think there is a good chance Elias Voorhees will be featured here...

17. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    The more I think about this, the more I like it.

If they do this movie explaining Jason's origins, does this mean that the 13th(and last?) movie will be about an old school human-Jason slashing up counselors at Camp Crystal Lake? I'd love that.

18. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    What kind of person do you think they will get to play Jason?

Most likely someone smaller,I really don`t think they will use Ken Kirzinger again.

19. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004

There never has been a concrete explanation as to why his mother thought him dead for so many years, when he was actually living in the woods.

:confused:
    Uhhhh, how about the fact that shes a NUT?8-}

:p

20. Obi-Wan2001

Sep 6, 2001
    I wish they'd go with that idea now. There's a chance this "origins" idea could work and be good, but I think there's a better chance that it ends up horrible. With New Line's track record with Jason, I'd worry.

21. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I agree.

And does New Line own the Friday the 13th name? I wish they would use the name of the series again.

22. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Yes I`m a little worried however this isn`t a sequel and they`ve basically have the beginning and end set up for them.

I wonder who they will get to direct it. If they use a former Friday director I hope it`s Tom McLoughlin

23. Obi-Wan2001

Sep 6, 2001
    I'm not sure why, but even though New Line bought the rights to the series from Paramount, they can't use the "Friday the 13th" name for some reason.

Yeah, it would be cool if Tom McLoughlin came back and did another one.

24. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Yes I`m a little worried however this isn`t a sequel and they`ve basically have the beginning and end set up for them.

I wonder who they will get to direct it. If they use a former Friday director I hope it`s Tom McLoughlin

25. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    New Line does own the name Friday the 13th Mak

You can tell when you look at the fine print on the recent Jason merchandise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.