main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Fruitful Quest. L/M. For the OTP Fairy Tale Challenge.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Oct 11, 2017.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Disclaimer: borrowing SW and "The Princess and the Pea" for fun.

Genre: A fanciful tale of romance.

~~~~!!!!

Once upon a time the Jedi Master looked for a soul mate to share his vision of what the Jedi should be. He needed and wanted a person to be a helper and a confidante besides someone to share heart and soul with.

A lovely historian named Tionne came to his door. She was well-versed in lore and minutiae of the past. He devised a test of character by taking her on a mission with him of a diplomatic nature. When arguments became heated, she resorted to articulate persuasion of precedents and tenets of law. Not the compassionate and resourceful quick thinking that would be needed, Luke decided.

Then a former Jedi liberated from some arcane device of the Emperor happened by. Her name was Callista. Something about her rang strangely ominous to Luke, so he sent her away.

Then on a stormy night, a trader named Mara Jade sought shelter at the Temple/academy as her ship was laid over for refueling and resupply.

In contrast to the earlier experiences with Tionne and Callista, the Force fairly sang at her proximity.

Her green eyes were captivating, and her red-gold tresses quite marvelous. Luke had the inexplicable urge to stroke the silkenness.

He discovered she was descended from Force sensitives on her father's side of the family, although no one had undergone formal training.

The next morning when supplicants came to Luke to ask his advice on a dispute, he decided on a whim to ask Mara's input.

Her comment was insightful and far-seeing, taking in the big picture.

Luke told her she would be welcome to undergo formal training, and he would be very happy to see to it personally. Mara thought this was a cheesy pick up attempt, but she decided to humor him anyway.

Over the succeeding months, friendship grew into love.

Finally they were married & as a symbol of that union, two Kyber crystals of blue and green were housed in the Ossus Jedi museum. The crystals had fused during their joining ceremony.

Luke's quest to find a brilliant and courageous soulmate had been very successful. He could not have asked for a better partner in love and life.

(And Mara, if asked, would admit she had not come out on the short end either.)

End

+++++

;)

[face_mischief]

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    That was sweet. :) Mara obviously had to let all the walls around her fall down in order to accept unconditional love.

Does this have anything to do with... Raissa Baiard, perchance? :D

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I will always think of Mara as a "Blaine" ;) [:D] !!!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A sweet way to tell the tale of Luke and Mara.
    Tionne and Callista [face_phbbbbt] were not the ones.

5. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Loved this, way to go. I have never been much of a Callista fan, so I was happy to read that you ship Luke/Mara. Such a great couple, and a shame Mara has yet to be retconned.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks everyone. @};- Yup, I wanted Mara for Luke with Heir to the Empire [face_laugh] [face_love]

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    A very sweet way to tell Luke and Mara's love story in fairytale form!
    I love that you included Tionne as the first person Luke looked to, even if they weren't compatible. I always enjoyed Tionne.

8. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Sorry it’s taken me so long to comment [face_blush] I’m quite embarrassed that this slipped off my radar for so long!

But I’m beyond honored that my little backstory for Mara is part of your head canon @};- [:D] Thank you!!! (Of course, Mara Blayne and Luke are just friends, but that’s another universe entirely ;) ).

What a sweet story! Yes, Luke’s got too much heart to be happy with someone who sticks to dry facts and rules. And Callista...definitely something ominous about her (I always thought that plot line was a bit squicky). But with Mara, Luke finds someone he’s not only attracted to physically but responds to in the Force and respects intellectually. His line about training may be a bit cheesy, but it opens the door to a beautiful friendship...and more! Love the idea of my er crystals fusing at their wedding [face_love] The last line is perfect for Mara; they’ve both benefitted equally in this true partnership!

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That was exactly what I always loved about L/M even when they were barely friends in TTT [face_thinking] They worked well together; their strengths and personalities complemented so well. Luke of course noticed her unique loveliness ;) and I think mentally and emotionally they were always in sync, like two halves of a whole even when they didn't/hadn't realized.

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Oh Ny this is brilliant! I loved the fairy-tale tone you adopted and how you followed the outline of The Princess and the Pea, yet you made it so starwarsy at the same time, especially with the image of two kyber crystals melding into one. And you even managed to keep Luke's lame pick-up lines and Mara's snark in there :D

You're a real L/M expert, you know that? Whatever the format, whatever the requirements, you just get them right, and in such a short story too!

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh that is the most amazing compliment! :) :)
    They were my OTP even before they officially got together [face_mischief] :D I love tweaking their circumstances and yet keeping their personalities intact. :cool:

Kahara, Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  12. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Quite the entertaining and nicely flowing tale.

I was expecting a pea to be placed under a mattress at any minute, but I guess there are two fairy tales involving the legume.

I likes the stuff about Luke wanting to stroke the silkiness, and Mara thinking the classic SW line about doing something personally, was a cheesy pickup attempt. :)

13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Aww, this was a very sweet story and such a fun take on the “Princess and the Pea” tale. Mara definitely passes the test: she’s got heart as well as brains, as well as a presence that sings in the Force in a way the facts-and-figures-oriented historian and the strange, not-quite-right being are simply not capable of. I could totally imagine her at first wondering if Luke’s offer to teach her personally might be a cheesy pickup, but it says so much for both of them that they both listen to the Force on this one and give each other the benefit of the doubt. I’d say this was a win-win for both of them! Thanks so much for sharing. [face_love]

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks Sith-I-5 -- what in anyone else is cheesy with Luke is totally sincere. [face_love]
    Findswoman - thanks!! @};- As always, your reviews are concise and on-target and eloquent. :cool: [:D]

Kahara, Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  15. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Super late to the party, but I really enjoyed reading this! :)

As much as I like Tionne, I agree that she and Luke just don't strike any sparks... similar and different in ways that just don't seem that compatible. And though @Tarsier has convinced me that Callista can be interesting in her own right, that relationship indeed just didn't have a good basis for the long term.

The detail of the crystals fusing as a sign of Mara and Luke's love is a lovely fairy tale touch -- reminds me of similar stories involving trees/flowers that symbolized characters, though many of those were much less lucky. Glad that both of them found what they had long searched for here, even if they didn't know it when they started out. [face_love]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks so much Kahara -- I agree that Tionne and Callista are interesting characters but not for Luke. Mara is a perfect complement in so many ways. [face_love]

Ewok Poet likes this.
  17. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    First fan fiction I read this year, and it's still awesome.

divapilot likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [:D] L/M are my OTP of established characters. [face_love]

Ewok Poet likes this.
  19. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Have you read any of @frodogenic's stories? I think my favorite is "Lord Vader's Limpet".

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh yes. That is one incredibly hilarious fic & her "Meet the Skywalkers" is wonderful; Piett really shines.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  21. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Yeah he does, too bad he died in ROTJ.