main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Full Circle Trilogy part one: Reflections. REPOST Jaina/Jag UPDATED 07/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kathryn, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Hi all. I've been thinking about the changes I would like to make to this fic I posted a year and a bit ago. So, I hope you guys enjoy the edited version of "Reflections"

?You do know. You have to know. Nobody else but you could know.? Jag leaned forward fixed her with his intense gaze. ?Answer me.?

?I..I.. Everyone is going away . They keep going away and I can?t stop it. I didn?t want you to go away.?

The tears came. He did what she had expected him to do least of all. He took her in his arms. She leaned against him, unable and unwilling to support her own weight.

?I won?t go anywhere,? he told her softly.

?Why??

?Why what?

?Why won?t you go anywhere??

?Because I don?t want to.?

Then suddenly, he was kissing her...

And she began to allow herself to believe that he would always be there to steady her.

Jaina

I read the communication and my heart stands still. It's a familiar reaction when it comes to Jag. Even after so much time has passed. He says in his letter he?ll be here on Coruscant soon, and I?ll see him again..

?Mama? Mama??

I look up from the comm console, and see my little girl there. Getting to be not so little though, I remind myself. She?ll be five next month.

?What is it, sweetheart??

?You said you?d read me a story, remember??

?Sure I do. Why don?t you go choose the book you?d like and I?ll be there in a minute??

?OK.?

I come to her room and she is looking through her collection of storybook chips sitting crossed-legged on the floor. She's chewing on the end of one her braids. I smile to recall how she insisted that her chestnut hair, inherited from me and my mother, be plaited this morning.
    "Have you decided?" I ask.

"A walk in the forest" she replies. It's one she's asked for a lot recently, it's about baby animals on Kashykk. It's exactly the sort of book Jacen would have chosen at her age.

"Ok. Come here, and sit by me."

I take a place on her bed, and she stands to join me. I realize that she has grown again. She?ll be tall. That she gets from her father..

Stop it. I order myself. Don?t wish for what can never be.

I turn my attention to the story my daughter has picked.

2. Yoda_da_Yoda

Yoda_da_Yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2002
    interesting beginning, i like it

3. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Thanks! :D I like your username!

4. JainaSoloSkywalker

JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2002
    Great start, Kathryn :D I like the changes you made ;)

5. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Thanks a lot JSS! I'm glad you like them so far :D There will be parts that really, really change, later on. [face_mischief]

6. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    This is GREAT!

Really! I like lots!

IN FACT! I like so much Im Gonna ask for more!

NEW POSTIE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!!!!

:D! :p! ;)!

~Rogue~

7. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Aww, thanks Rogue! [face_blush]

More very soon, if all goes according to plan.

8. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    *Twitches*

Is Jag dead in your fic??I loved the start of it, whats the little girls name????Can't wait to read the next instalment :D *sighs* but alas, i must go and write a speech that i have to give tomma, i really really HATE speeches...why couldn't someone just shoot me.

nina

9. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Hey JJF! Thanks! I'm so glad you like it.

Hmm.. well, I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you ;)

Just kidding - nope, I wasn't mean enough to kill Jag off - of course, you may hate me just as much by the time we're done, but..
    And Jaina named her little girl Padmé. (Hey, that wasn't copying from JPS, I swear we both thought of it seperately)

Best of luck with that speech - I'm sure you'll do great. Still, they are never fun, eh? :p

10. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Well, here's the second post for you all, hope you enjoy!
    Jagged

The day is fair - bright and warm. My family is here with me, on the school's playing pitch. My sister's daughter, my niece Marisa, is playing, her team is soundly in the lead. My thoughts will not stay in the present, however. They are firmly settled halfway across the galaxy.
    A few days - it seems a short time to wait
    compared to nearly six years. Though I know
    the hours until I arrive at Coruscant will
    be interminable. When she asked me to the Armistice celebrations in Imperial City, I replied and accepted without hesitating. I couldn't have refused. Still, part of me is reluctant, reluctant to revisit that period of my life. Part of me wishes I'd told her no. So much has changed with me, and undoubtedly with her too. Is there any use?Of course, rationally, there is another side. On a purely pratical level, I have leave, and there's no excuse I can think of for not using it to see her. For not trying to rebuild a friendship that would not have been left abandoned for so long if it had not been for the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. My internal debate gets put on hold when the game ends,and the people around begin to rise, to meet their children, to go on their way. There is the usual light conversation - I try to join in, and I must admit, without succeeding at it very well. It is little Marisa, all of 6 years old, who sees it as soon as she comes from the team's changing room. For I begin to drift again - so unlike me, really- as we begin walking back to my sister's home, which is so close to the field.
    But then I feel a tug on my sleeve, and I hear an insistent,

"Uncle Jag! Uncle Jag!"

"Yes, Marisa?"

"Did you see my last goal?"

"I did. That was excellent." My voice sounds distant, even to me.

She puts her little hand in mine.

"Are you sad, Uncle Jag?"

"No, child." I hasten to say. "There are many things on my mind at work however, and I'm sorry I am behaving in such a distracted manner."

Distracted is the right word for it. The word that always seems to enter in wherever Jaina is concerned. For she is the only one who has ever been able to take away my clarity. At the same time, she was also the one who taught me to feel.

?Recent intelligence show the building of Yuuzhan Vong installations near the outer
    border of Chiss space. Therefore, the collaboration with the New Republic and the Jedi
    resistance are hereby terminated. All Chiss units are to return to their bases of operations, effective immediately.?

That was the encrypted message straight from the highest ranks of the military waiting for Jag when he returned to Eclipse station after a mission. That day, he was to meet Jaina for afternoon meal. He knew that, with her, there was no need to prepare her for the worst, so he came out with it as soon as they were sitting down at a table in the cafeteria.

?It?s begun, as we feared. The Yuuzhan Vong have started to move on the Chiss.?

They both thought of his family. Words would have done a disservice to that worry.

?There?s something more, though isn?t there??
    she asked, her eyes fixed on his.

?They?ve recalled us, Jaina.?

The words hung between them. Duty and responsibility were words they both understood well. They saw that it was those things that would part them briefly. They both knew that it went beyond that. This was the beginning of a pattern, one that would cause their paths to diverge irrevocably.

?Then you have to go back.? she whispered. She reached out and took his hand.

After a long moment, they stood and left together, steps heavy. Their trays were left untouched on the table. Neither felt much like eating.

The next morning, Jaina came to his quarters as he was packing the last of his things.
    They sat in silence for a long while, her head leaning against his shoulder.

Jaina was the first to speak. ?You have five minutes. Better not be late.? her voice was
    shaky.

He

11. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    poor jaina and jag... they need to get back together.

12. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Never! mwahahaha! [face_devil]

He he. Just kidding, of course JJ00. We'll see about that.

13. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you know the next post will be coming in a few days or so. Promise! ;)

14. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    Wow! I just found this and it looks like it will be quite interesting....I look forward to more! One question though, does Jag know about his little girl? Padmè? I was just wondering...

~JMJ

15. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Thanks JMJ! :D I'm really glad you're liking it so far

He doesn't actually. But did I say Padmé was Jag's little girl? ;)

16. Aileena

Aileena Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2003
    Moooooorreeeeeee!!
    Soon, please!
    It's such a horrid situation, for Jag and Jaina! I'd die in their place ;)

No, please... make them meet again and make Jaina trust Jag.
    I'd imagine Jaina not telling Jag about their.. I take it that it _is_ Jag's daughter?.... daugher unless she feels absolutely safe with him.
    H*ll, they both need each other! [face_plain]

Aileena

UPPIES!

17. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Welcome Aileena, thanks for your reply!

Yup, it is tough, isn't it? [face_devil] Patience, and all will be revealed.

At least I can grant your wish, here's the post!

Jaina

I find myself just watching her sleep tonight, as I often do. In awe of the long eyelashes, of the even, peaceful breathing. In awe of everything about her. The last thing I would have expected of myself, but there it is. I rouse myself eventually, and turn her back gently into a more comfortable position - she's a restless sleeper-and tuck her back in. I close the door softly behind me, and return to my room. There are crates still in the hall, we haven't quite settled in. Still, I take a moment to appreciate the fact that after so many years, I finally have a home. My daughter finally has a home. After spending nearly all of her life so far on the Errant Venture, this apartment, small as it is, with all the reconstruction still going on outside, will be permanence for her. And soon, I will be able to actually walk outside and have her with me, and tell people this is my child. The secrecy can end at last , the burden-a burden I assumed willingly enough for Padmé's safety, and will have to live with in some way, for the rest of my life, I know- be lifted. But before that can happen I have to explain to Jag. What am I going to say to him? What am I going to tell her, when she is old enough to ask the questions that I know I must answer?
    On this night, the child inside was awake, and making sure that Jaina knew this.
    "If the way you kick me is any indication, sweetheart, you'll be a strong one."
    She said soothingly, rubbed her hand gently over her belly. Eventually, the movements subsided, but sleep still was elusive. With three weeks left in her pregnancy, it wasn't surprising that she couldn't get comfortable, however.

Instead, She gazed at the ceiling of her room aboard the Eclipse station. Her mind drifted to the second Jedi installment in the Maw, Shelter, It was more secure and the base for the Resistance had been relocated there nearly two years earlier. Jaina had longed over the months of her confinement at the abandoned station, to be back in the middle of the action. But as it was, she was by herself, as others faced battles she should have been fighting. Still, she reminded herself, it was the way it had to be. She had left just
    before it became evident that she was carrying a child, to hide. Not from shame,
    though she supposed it might be construed that way later if - when-the war ended, and
    the press turned its attention to the children of heroes of the Rebellion and of a former Chief of State. The truth was that she had done this for the sake of her baby. For while the Yuuzhan Vong were a threat, the surest way to keep the infant from harm was to make sure that none but those closest to her mother knew she existed. Besides which, as she joked to her brother : "It's not that I?m incapicitated.It?s just that I?m hardly at my best when it comes to swinging a lightsabre or fitting into a cockpit.? And, more seriously, not prepared to knowingly risk the life with in her.
    Actually, Jaina contributed as well from her self-imposed retreat at Eclipse as she could have done anywhere, helping with the analysis of tactical reports, and strategical planning.
    And she wasn't really alone. Tahiri Veila had been with her throughout these last months, except when she was needed elsewhere.
    The younger woman had asked to go with her, to keep her company and to put into practice the medical training she'd undertaken after Anakin?s death. Tahiri's strength in coping after that, as well as with the effects of the Yuuzhan Vong's attempt to Shape her had made a deep impression on Jaina. They had become good friends. Jaina was grateful for her presence.
    Suddenly,she was interrupted by the prickly sensation of danger. She automatically reached out to Tahiri, and knew had felt it
    too. //The Falcon. Hurry.// She sent her thanks to her father for leaving her the ship. It was still

18. Aileena

Aileena Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2003
    Ohhhhh.... that's soo sweet...
    Padme Solo... or Padme Fel? ;)
    :)
    She's like her father... conquered Jaina in an instant *g*

Eagerly waiting for the reunion :eek:

Aileena

19. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Thanks so much Aileena! :D

It's Padmé Solo ;)

He he, indeed she has.

Ah yes, the reunion [face_devil] mwahahaha!

20. Aileena

Aileena Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2003
    Uh-oh.....
    For some reason which I just can't specify at this moment this evil looking smily
    --> [face_devil] <-- this guy
    and your devillish laughter... I don't feel very relieved on behalf of Jaina&Jag ;)
    :D

New postie soon? :)

Aileena

21. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    He he, yup. I promise it won't be that evil though.

Hopefully soon! ;) :p

22. Aileena

Aileena Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2003
    *sneaks in*
    *searches for new postie*
    *keeps walking on tip-toe in fear of disturbing and upsetting Kathryn*
    *sneaks out*

Uhhhhh :(
    No new postie!!!!

Oops :)
    Didn't mean to .. ah. interrupt you.. in doing.... AHHH.. no! Don't throw the porcellaine after me.. that's going to hurt...!!.... *ducks*..
    Please. Just go on writing!
    :D

Aileena

23. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Kathryn!

Did you miss me? :D

Just wanted you to know that as great as this story was the first time around, it's even better the second time! ;) I think I'm going to go read One again! (Have I mentioned I love Ton? ;) )

Whew, I am in a mood today.

Is it too soon to ask for more?

24. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    he he, I promise I'll post as soon as I get the chance, Aileena. And come on now, I'm not really that scary, am I? ;) :p

JJD! Hey! I did miss you. I think I heard that you have no more internet at home, that sucks.

I'm glad you're here though, and thanks :D I'm glad you're enjoying the second edition, that means a lot. Ok ;) He he, I do too - I can't wait till I get to the posts that have him in it again.

He he, that's OK, me too! :p

25. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Ha! I was missed! [face_laugh] Actually, we got it back! :) I don't know for how long, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

You're welcome! I just think you're a great writer and I enjoy your stories very much.

up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.