main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The full trailer - 3NS'ers may want to avoid it if they can

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I know there's already a similar topic, but I felt this warranted its own topic.

I have read a detailed description of the upcoming trailer, with all the dialogue and the various scenes and brief shots.

I think you should stay away from the trailer if you can. It gives away more than the teaser trailer and shows some of the pivotal scenes.

Even Hyperspace junkies might be advised to stay away.

I'm not saying it's going to ruin the movie for you; on the contrary, it's going to make the 3 months to ROTS seem unbearably long.

But for those casual 3NS fans, there is stuff you probably don't want to see. And this movie is sounding/looking better and better. It will be worth it opening night.

Some people (and I myself, before I became 3NS Mod) discussed long ago leaving around the full trailer or the release of the novelization and just staying off of the JC until May 20th. Now might be the time.

Feel free to PM me or ask questions here if anything specific concerns you.

2. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    do you think it would be worse for those who have little to no knowledge of the movie, or those that have been spoiled a fair amount? i ask because i wonder if knowing more will make the trailer more spoilerish in that you will be able to make more connections with what you see. "oh so THAT must be this" or "i get it now, that is probably how this fight ends" etc.

3. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Compared to TPM and AOTC, would this trailer give away more than them?

4. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Why do I have to read things like that this.

I am spoiler free and tend to just watch the trailers, but I do not want too much given away.

I would like to think I could resist the temptation to watch it, but I do not think I will be able to.

5. Tyranus_the_Hutt

Tyranus_the_Hutt Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    Jedi knight Pozzi - To answer your question succinctly: yes.

GARTH_MAUL - I have read your posts in the 3SA, and am now concerned for your health. You don't have a high blood pressure, do you? I'm kidding. The detailed descriptions are....palpatation inducing.;)

Should the descriptions in question prove to be accurate, I must say that the dialogue in this film appears to be very memorable indeed. If this is an indication of the rest of the movie, then those who complained about the lines in Episodes 1 and 2 will be silenced. (This excludes certain bashers, who manage to find something wrong with just about everything)

6. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    (After a lengthy response to questions, i felt this topic was better left to professionals lol The last part of my long-winded post is below)

So basically, I agree with GM. Now's a good time to start preparing to leave.

7. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    when's this thing coming out?

8. Tyranus_the_Hutt

Tyranus_the_Hutt Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    when's this thing coming out?

The trailer is scheduled to be released in theaters on March 11 - it is to be attached to the new animated film, "Robots", which features the voice of Ewan McGregor. The trailer will be made available to Hyperspace subscribers on March 8, I believe.

The description of the trailer is so strong, that one basher in the 3SA, whose username indirectly roasted the prequels, and whose signature directly slammed Episodes 1-3, actually changed his signature to accomodate the fact that "Revenge of the Sith" might actually be good. He further stated that he hasn't been this excited since 1983 (no, I'm not making this up). I nearly fell out of my chair - I couldn't believe it.

9. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    Should the descriptions in question prove to be accurate, I must say that the dialogue in this film appears to be very memorable indeed. If this is an indication of the rest of the movie, then those who complained about the lines in Episodes 1 and 2 will be silenced.

I knew it. I KNEW IT ALL ALONG [face_dancing]

I expect the dialogue in Episode III to be more "smooth" and "OT-like" since it's the installment where the sith hits the fan--Anakin and Palpatine get to be evil. Obi-Wan, Yoda and Padme get to panic and be sad. The formality of the PT will be no more.

Anyway... ah, blast it, this is going to be hard :( I really want to see Robots, but I DON'T want to see the trailer(Especially if it's as detailed as Garth_Maul says), and since Robots is the current favorite to have the new trailer, I'm kind of stuck...

10. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Great, and I was actually looking forward to seeing the trailer, now I don't think I should. Follow Garth I will. Hay Garth do you have any Kool-Aid by chance?

11. MYMUTHAZ

Apr 17, 2001
    The description of the trailer is so strong, that one basher in the 3SA, whose username indirectly roasted the prequels, and whose signature directly slammed Episodes 1-3, actually changed his signature to accomodate the fact that "Revenge of the Sith" might actually be good. He further stated that he hasn't been this excited since 1983 (no, I'm not making this up). I nearly fell out of my chair - I couldn't believe it.

thats amazing. its not so much i want to be all "HA!" to the bashers when this comes out, it would just be great if the majority of them enjoy this movie.

12. MYMUTHAZ

Apr 17, 2001
    also GM & windy, can we restrict all trailer discusion to 1 thread?
    i really don't want to totally cut my self off from this board......

13. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    "also GM & windy, can we restrict all trailer discusion to 1 thread?"

GARTH and I will talk. We'll work something out.

As for the trailer description - wow. I just read it, and I honestly have yet to catch my breath. Whether or not you decide it is totally up to you, though it does sound as though it gives much more away than either the TPM or AOTC trailer. Once those of us who choose to watch it see it, though, it should excite us beyond belief! :D

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

14. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Hmmm, not sure whether I'll see this or not.

15. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    The first minute is dialogue heavy. The dialogue here is fantastic, but certainly reveals certain....tensions on Coruscant.

There are scenes with pretty much every major character, shots of the various duels, confrontations, et cetera.

But I can think of 2 scenes in particular that are going to be AWESOME, and perhaps will be better left to opening night.

The CG is going to blow you away.

"Will the trailer be better or worse for those who know nothing?"

Hard to say. But I will say: WORSE for the relatively unspoiled. Those who have been following the OS, Insider and Hyperspace will know certain things are going to happen in a certain way. The unspoiled might not know.

It is DEFINITELY more spoilierific than the teaser trailer.

Your 3NS Mods are currently working on a solution that will please most 3NS'ers, if not everybody.

I really wish I could see an advance copy, (a) b/c I want to, and (b) so I can tell in advance how spoilerific it looks.

If the description is provoking this emotional a response, I can only imagine what seeing the trailer is going to be like.

16. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Gosh... To think I wanted to see it... Now, I'm torn... I've been relatively spoiled lately and I don't want to end up completely spoiled with the trailer... Argh. There are things I know zero about and I really wanted to keep these parts unknown (to counterbalance the things I know...)

But will I be able to resist the wave of euphoria after the trailer airs? [face_worried] Couldn't they just do something exactly like the teaser? :p

17. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    The trailer will be made available to Hyperspace subscribers on March 8, I believe.

And to the rest of the internet about 3.6 seconds later.

18. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    True.

A friend of mine works at AOL, and he was one of the people working directly with the teaser trailer release. They apparently knew the rest of the internet could easily hack the trailer through Hyperspace, and he was on the phone with Lucasfilm saying that their programmers had screwed up. He said he felt really weird saying that to Lucasfilm. :p Apparently it's the same reason people have figured out how to save Hyperspace videos to their hard drive. That's not supposed to happen.

19. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    "(a) b/c I want to"

[face_laugh]

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I thought that the AOTC main trailer was spoilerific and had planned to stay away from this one. Now it sounds like I will really have to avoid it.

21. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    Should the descriptions in question prove to be accurate, I must say that the dialogue in this film appears to be very memorable indeed. If this is an indication of the rest of the movie, then those who complained about the lines in Episodes 1 and 2 will be silenced. (This excludes certain bashers, who manage to find something wrong with just about everything)

I've done my fair share of dialogue bashing, but I still think that Lucas can pull off good dialogue. I'm looking forward to this.

While I think Episode 1 and 2 are inferior to the classic trilogy, I think there are still plenty of good things about them. The battle scenes are great and Obi-Wan has always been cool. Qui-Gon was really cool too.

22. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I have recieved the following pm from Tion_Meddon, who has read-only access, and am going to post w/ both his and Garth's permission. As you will see he is trying to alleviate any fear I might have about watching the trailer. I would just like to state that the views being shared are of Tion_Meddon, and I neither condone nor support his views, and posting to give everyone else something to weigh when the decide whether or not to watch the trailer. Also I would like to state that I am not sure what I am going to do.

So here is the pm:

**NO SPOILERS**, I'm just telling you obscure facts to answer your question on whether or not you should watch the Trailer or not. Nothing spoiled from this, trust me! Nothing will be specified or named!

I have read-only acess to the 3NS,and I saw your question on one of the threads about watching the trailer.

I've seen the detailed version of the trailer, and let me just first say it's the best Star Wars trailer EVER! It convinced a PT basher to become a PT lover.

And don't worry, it doesn't answer many questions, it raises new ones!!

VERY dark, VERY action-packed, LOTS of dialouge, especially from Palpatine.

The trailer concentrates on Mace Windu, Palpatine, Anakin, and the complex relationship between them.

It has over 2 dozen lines of dialouge, and we get glimpses of somethings we fans have expected and dreamed of since the PT was announced.

I only see 1 real spoiler I don't think you 3NS guys KNOW about, but it has definetely been in some of your dreams fore the PT, for sure!

The trailer focuses on 3 main plotlines. 2 fans have always known about, and 1 was hinted in the PT and OT but not as part of Star Wars lore. But don't worry, it leaves out the Biggest Plot Point of all, which you 3NS guys have NO IDEA about, the "thing" that motivates the whole movie! So if you watch the trailer you still want know what this episode is really "ABOUT", unless you've been spoiled like me!

I hope this helped!

If I were you I would still DEFINITELY see the trailer!!!!!!!!!

Like I said, these are his views, and I am still debating whether or not to view it based on what various people have stated.

Although I must admit that I am intrigued that it raises new questions.

23. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Thanks for bringing up someone with the opposite viewpoint to myself.

It is undoubtedly going to be the most exciting trailer in the PT's history, but like I said, some of this stuff might best be left until opening night.

There's a couple of great Palpatine lines, for sure.[face_devil]

24. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Wow.

I can not wait to see this. As much as I would like to pass on it, I know I am not strong enough.

All I have seen are the trailers so I feel justified in my spoiler freeness

25. dav305z

dav305z Jedi Master star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    I'm sure I'll see it, I'm just not sure if I need to go to the movie theater and spend $8.00 on a movie I don't really care about, or if I should get ready to scrounge the net for a copy of the trailer ;) .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.