main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Fun of Online Dating

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by goddess45, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    Title- The Fun of Online Dating
    Author- Goddess45
    Notes- Thank you so much to NYCitygurl who betaed and put up with me and my horrible grammer.[:D] She is awesome!

The Fun of Online Dating

Jacen Solo sat down on the coach for the first time that day. He reached for the holoremote and pressed the ?on? button. He began flipping through the channels. Usually the comedy show was on around this time of night. He turned to the channel and on came the commercial for one of those online dating services.

?Find your true match at meetyourmatch-rep. Find your soulmate.?

Jacen laughed at it. He thought it was kind of sad that people had to go online to meet someone. He and Tenel Ka used to joke about how stupid they were. That was when they were dating. They had broken up almost a month ago. The two hadn?t even talked, and he was truly depressed. They had been dating for almost three years. He was going to propose. It was going to be perfect. And then it fell apart. Tenel Ka?s mother had died. It had thrown both of them into a whirlwind of problems. Tenel Ka had to step up to the thrown as queen mother, and Jacen was being pulled away more and more with the growing boarder conflicts with the Chiss. They were constantly being torn away from each other; the pressure on both was unbearable. It had been a mutual agreement to split apart, and when they finally had, the holo-news had a field day. They were still talking about it now.

He missed having someone to talk to. Sure, he talked to Jaina, but you can?t talk to your sister about everything. She confided things in him about her marriage to the Chiss colonel, Jagged Fel. Their relationship lately had been strenuous. With the Chiss/Republic conflict and Jag?s family living on Csilla, the Chiss capital planet, he had been torn between loyalties. Jaina understood that, but she still always asked for reassurance. Jacen had been through the hard times with Tenel Ka and knew what to do, or what not to do, to keep the relationship together. And Jaina was always grateful.

Jacen wished he had someone to talk to when he was going through rough times with Tenel Ka. But that was the past. He missed the times he had with Tenel Ka. It was only a month, but Jacen decided he needed a girlfriend. A really serious girlfriend.

He got an idea: use those online dating sites. People lied all the time anyway, so it wasn?t like he was going to actually meet someone; but just for fun, he wanted to see what all the hype was. He got up from his comfortable seat on the coach and walked over to the holo ? computer. Switching it on, he accessed the web and typed in the address of the site he had seen advertised earlier. Meetyourmatch-rep was it, if he remembered correctly.

?Create your own profile ? free!?

Okay. Free is always a good word. He clicked the button and filled out the information.

Name ? Jase Sole
    Location ? Coruscant
    Species ? human
    Interests ? nature, animals, reading, politics
    Online conversations? ? yes
    Online conversation name (if above checked yes) ? jedi_wannabe

Done.

So he lied a little with his name, and the conversation name was super-cheesy, but it worked. A box popped up on his screen. It was labeled, ?Wanna Chat?? The user?s profile was provided. He did a quick skim.

Name ? Tine Jo
    Location ? Inner Rim
    Species ? human
    Interests ? outdoors, holo films, not too picky
    Online Conversation Name ? life2bsimple

Okay. This looked like it was going to work. If it didn?t, he could call Jaina or Jag later and tell them about the fun of the famous online dating experiment. He opened the window to see:

Life2bsimple- hey!

Jedi_wannabe- hey! I?m Jace.

Life2bsimple- I know. :p It says so in your user profile. But I?m Tine.

Jedi_wannabe- I see you like the outdoors. I practically grew up in them.

Life2bsimple- But you live on Coruscant.

Jedi_wannabe- yes but when I was little, I traveled a lot with my parents. I was on many different planets and moon

2. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    haha. Jacen tries to forget TK and all he can ever get is TK.

3. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Good story
    Is this one of those short stories or is it going to continue.
    If it continues please update

4. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    [face_laugh] Very cute! I loved it! :D

5. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    That was great! I've seen those ads on tv but yeah never actually tried it since I'm still n hs lol

6. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    haha, I knew that would happen.
    But still, yay! :)

7. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_dancing] Somehow I knew it.....

=D= Great story, that's so sweet.

Will there be more? If yes, please Pm me when you update. [face_praying]

8. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Goddess45 that was really cute.

I guess they were destined for each other.

9. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    LOL! What a sweet viggie!

Great job, goddess!

oldj

10. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    I bet that's not what either of them were expecting.

Good job!

jacky

11. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    ROFL!! That is to funny...

12. Malos

Malos Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    Nice story. Keep up the good work! ;)

13. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    DARTH_MU  haha. Jacen tries to forget TK and all he can ever get is TK.
    yea. They're destined to be together.

G__Anakin  Good story Is this one of those short stories or is it going to continue. If it continues please update
    I don't know. I'll have to see if my brain decides to cooperate!

jedi_of_ennth  Very cute! I loved it!
    thank you! :)

Alishu06 That was great! I've seen those ads on tv but yeah never actually tried it since I'm still n hs lol
    My and my sisters love those ads.. They're so funny sometimes. What inspired me was a SNL episode where they were making fun of them.

SWpants666 haha, I knew that would happen. But still, yay!
    thanks!

Chilla  Somehow I knew it..... Great story, that's so sweet. Will there be more? If yes, please Pm me when you update.
    It was alittler hard not to but thank you! I don't know if there will be more. if there is I will let you know.

Kissa Goddess45 that was really cute. I guess they were destined for each other.
    yup! :)

oldjedinurse LOL! What a sweet viggie! Great job, goddess!
    Thanks scrubs

jackyyy17 I bet that's not what either of them were expecting. Good job!
    nope. I bet not! Thanks!

Mystralgurl ROFL!! That is to funny...
    I like to think so! Thank you!

Malos Nice story. Keep up the good work!
    Thank you! :)

14. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    lol, This was cute.. daring.. Jedi.. Hmmm.

15. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Giggling here. While I guessed that bit, I had a lot of fun reading the build-up. :)

16. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    DarthIshtar - Giggling here. While I guessed that bit, I had a lot of fun reading the build-up.

when then I've acheived my goal! Thanks!! :)

Noelie - lol, This was cute.. daring.. Jedi.. Hmmm.

thanks!! :)

17. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Awww, this is so lighthearted and fun. I had a feeling they would end up meeting again. Some things are just meant to be!

Great job!=D=

~Goddess Jaina~

18. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    LOL that is good! I love it! I love the ending, though I saw it coming for a long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.