main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The FUNNY side of The Clone Wars!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darth_mccartney, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I did not think that was funny!! If anything that was the Saddest Clone Wars Death. I know I died a little inside sitting through the blue logo episodes week after week. =((

Seerow and TheMDOSS1313 like this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, doesn't go in the funny side thread IMO. That story arc is pretty raw. With Gallia I much prefer seeing them as a good friendship because it calls back to "Grievous Intrigue" much stronger where Gallia pretty much saved Obi-wan's bacon. Then come start of season 5 Obi-wan is completely unable to return the favor. That totally sucks and kinda builds into the big Maul/Deathwatch arc where Obi-wan sets out to save Satine who he does seem to still have some strong feelings for, again fails to save from Maul, and pretty much watches her kingdom burn. Ouch. Umm... its alteast funny Obi-wan Kenobi kind of seems like a lady's man between Adi Gallia, Satine, and Ventress. =b

Back to funny stuff? Did I say "Alot of the General's Plans involve falling." before? =b

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    Poor Obi-Wan. He always winds up getting his friends dead. You'd think the Council would sideline him from time to time just so they can go a few days without being innocent bystanders in someone else's "Kenobi Revenge Scheme 2014."

Okay, funny moments: yes to "a lot of the general's plans involve falling" because it's never not funny. I love Rex.
    Ooh, isn't this one from Hondo's first appearance??
    Count Dooku, about the pirates in "Dooku Captured": They are devious, deceitful, and most importantly, stupid.
    Obi-Wan: It's a wonder you don't get along with them, Dooku. You have so much in common.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Actually this bit is probably one of the best/ awesomest / funniest bits in TCW because it uses Maul as the straight man in the bit:

"Filth, you will pay for your insolence."
    "Insolence! We are pirates! We don't even know what that means.
    "

5. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    If they bring anyone back for Rebels from TCW it has to be Hondo. One of the funniest moments for me was dialouge and the looks they give each between anakin and mace trapped under the ship debris in "R2 come home"
    Mace Windu: I can see why your master trusts you, little one. Good job. [R2 chirps a happy reply, then rolls off]
    Anakin Skywalker: Heh. That's definitely more praise than I ever get.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hondo does need to come back.

gracesonnet likes this.
  7. gracesonnet

May 20, 2014
    I rewatched the Dooku Gets Captured arc again and Hondo is probably the best part.
    "It's like my dear mother always said...Son, if one hostage is good, then two is even better! And three-- why that's just good business!"

8. gracesonnet

May 20, 2014
    Ooh, I just watched that episode the other day. You can just tell Windu is thinking, "....Shut up, Skywalker."

On other TV shows, the whole "two characters who don't quite get along are trapped in one spot for a period of time" is usually a plot excuse to have them hash out their differences and/or have a long heart-to-heart. I kind of like that Clone Wars didn't go that route, although I could only imagine what Anakin and Mace might talk about while trapped in a burning ship.

Anakin: So, Master Windu...you have any hobbies besides being a stick in the mud?
    Mace: Well, I was going to flout every aspect of the Jedi Code all the time but gee, my busy schedule as Grand Master just doesn't allow for that type of thing.
    Anakin: Not cool, dude. Just not cool.
    Mace: You're kind of a jackass sometimes and I have three migraines named after you. There, I said it.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That needs to go in the "missed opportunities" thread.

TCW did a Mace/Jar-Jar arc but no Mace/Anakin arc. Which would have been priceless.

gracesonnet likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The episode during the BH arc?

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    The Zillo Beast has Mace and Anakin as a team.

12. gracesonnet

May 20, 2014
    Ooh, I didn't know about that thread! Thank you! The possibilities are endless.