main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Furgan Paradox

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PrinceXizor, Aug 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    As stated in my last post, I can agree to that. I still refer to them as ALIENS, though, only because they are. They may be RELATED to homo-sapiens, but they are NOT homo-sapiens. You have to admit to at least THAT.

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "As stated in my last post, I can agree to that. I still refer to them as ALIENS, though, only because they are."

definition of aliens in the since of the word that they seem alien to homo-sapiens yes. go ahead and call them that if you like.

"They may be RELATED to homo-sapiens, but they are NOT homo-sapiens. You have to admit to at least THAT."

Admit at least that?

What the hell....? That's what i've been saying all along, that's what "Divergent" species means, that they evolved from a species before them, in this case being Homo-sapiens(divergent was used in gamer 5, by the way). They are a next stage in human evolution. I've been restating that over and over and over over. haven't you noticed, ;)? I guess the words went over you head, :D. That's ok, now we understand each other. I say we start calling them Homo Csillicus, ;), :D. (that's a joke by the way, Csilla is there home planet, were they evolved from)

Also interesting to note, Anthrolpoligots believe, that the newly evolved homo-sapiens considered the newly evolved homo-neanderthal, alien to them, and went about extermininating them, bashing there heads in.

What neanderthal bones that have been found, were all found traumatized. I guess Homo-sapiens really are bigoted to species that aren't like them.

3. III_Vir_RPC

III_Vir_RPC Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2001
    Incidentally, Valiento, human does not mean "man"; it is derived from the adjective humanus, which means "humane" or "compassionate." "Human" is English for homo.

Now, this should be carefully distinguished from the Greek word homo, which means "same." Greek homo is the root of the words "homogeneous" and "homosexual," whereas Latin homo is the root of such terms as "homicide."

Now, for those persons who are hung up on Ambassador Furgan being referred to as a man---modern humans haven't a monopoly on the term. In fact, the species name, homo sapiens, makes it very obvious that there are other "men" beyond modern man---Homo sapiens translates to English as "wise man."

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    I didn't say human meant man....what are you talking about?

I was talking about webster, and anthrolopolog(scientific meaning(2. human), note not refering to "1. human in webster" which I think was the meaning you brought up.), 2human(webster, scientific meaning) defines human as meaning(family of species that come from primates, known as Homididae). Now how they derived the definition human, not really my knowledge, or interest, at the moment, but you brought up some interesting facts. Thanks for clarifying on a more Liguistic Level. That should clear up any confusion I might have caused without even knowing(believe me any confusion I might have caused on the linguistic level was not my intention, please forgive me).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.