Orlando, FL The future and beyond....

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by SeaTrooper, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeaTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am kicking around the idea of some future activities for the summer.
    I have a couple, of few ideas....

-The first ever Seatroopers Pool Party.

-Let's launch some rockets, and then go see a real one take off.

-Astonomy Night!!!!

Any others?
  2. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    How about a Poker night?
  3. Delaya Jedi Knight

star 2
    Pool Party! Pool Party!
    :)
    Sorry, I'm just so happy to be able to post again!! After 2 days of being sick as a dog I'm finally feeling good enough to post!!
  4. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the pool party idea. Poker sounds sorta well I really don't play cards so I wouldn't know whether it is boring or not.

Pool parties I'm the expert on. Especially planning for one.
  5. Delaya Jedi Knight

star 2
    People like playing poker with me....I'm really bad at it... :D
  6. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Come to think of it, I've played before. And I lost 8 out of 9 rounds. So Delaya you and I will be everyones favorite players. :p
  7. Delaya Jedi Knight

star 2
    Cool! We can loose together!
  8. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
  9. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    We have to do the launch gig again as a group. Even if we don't hit NASA that was too much fun to not do again! Ain't nothing in the world like feeling the shuttle lift off.

Oh, and I can do poker also. I am not thgat good, but I am guessing I am better than you two. :)
  10. SeaTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    Gita- I think the time is right for us to start planning the Reel Space/Real Space project again.

Everyone- That means start getting you costume together. Details to follow.. trust us it'll rule!

Mayo- You think it would be to much trouble to start planning the pool party??? Pretty please????

Ya'll motivate me.
  11. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    Maybe we should garner opinions on the project before we just start it again. We are talking about a whole new crew here now. They should at least know what we are talking about before we ask them to commit.

It might be tough for Mayo to arrange that given that she isn't from Orlando. :) Your call Mayo.
  12. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Costumes for what? I'm sorry I'm kinda new at this.

Planning for a pool party? Cool. I can do it. My sister is gonna probably wnna help so it'll really be good.
  13. SeaTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    Gita- I know this is a new crew but I think they got the stuff.
    I have a good feeling about this.
  14. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    *looks around confused then happy*

right stuff for what?

Wait a sec he just said we have the right stuff! Thank you!
  15. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    I agree with you Buzz. It's your baby, present it. :)
  16. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
  17. SeaTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    Picture if you will.....
    You stand there, in your(INSERT APPLICABLE STAR WARS COSTUME)on a quiet shore of the Indian River. Surrounding you are your fellow fans all decked out in their (INSERT APPLICABLE STAR WARS COSTUME)then there is a silent rumbling followed by a calamtous roar as the Space Shuttle motors ignite and lift it off of the ground. Yet you look away at the cameras that are snapping the group picture. When the film gets back from the developers the smoke trail of the shuttle steams upward behind you. Prints are made and passed out. Pics are posted on a pletora of websites, and we get the bragging rights to be the first fan group to successfully merge the real world with the reel world.
    The only thing that can beat this is if we went to corperate Space Camp in costume.
    Gita, I and a few of our brothers and sisters of the 501st pulled it together once to get down there to see a launch. It took a lot of planning but with a fluid launch schedule we were only able to get together in one place to see the launch. It was magnificent but we never got the pic we were hoping for.
    I am impressed with the way we can all get together from all parts of the state. I am also impressed that once we make a plan we go for it.
    If you all want I will start looking at launch dates and looking for shooting location. I have a couple in mind that will be convenient. It may require camping.
    If anyone is interested, because I know a few of us from the original "expedition" are going to be there, start getting your (INSERT APPLICABLE STAR WARS COSTUME) ready.
  18. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Emmmmmm. What character could I be? No R2 units, ewoks, or jawas thanks. ;)

Maybe a handmaiden. Geez I feel like a dunderhead. Er my good old irish coming in again.

I'll discuss it with my mum and dad. Maybe. If it encludes camping theen that will be even cooler. Do they have launches on weekends?

I like the space camp idea. lol.
    j/k

slan (good bye in irish)

*wanders away dancing*
  19. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    That is a really neat idea, SeaTrooper! If you guys pull it off and get the picture you are hoping for, be sure to send me a copy. :D

My group held a BBQ/Pool Party back in August. We had a great time. :)
  20. Delaya Jedi Knight

star 2
    The next shuttle launch I am told is on Feb 28th.
    I however may not be able to make because of a midterm, but I'm currently working on doing something about that...time will tell... :)
  21. Thumper09 Force Ghost

star 4
    I bet you know you couldn't keep me away from this thread...

<grin> You put me in Orlando and I blunder around the streets and ask three different people for directions, but you come out here and then you'll see that I'm actually a somewhat competent person. ;)

Most launches will be originally scheduled for a Thursday. Sometimes they'll get bumped to a Friday, but figure Thursdays generally. I can get you directions to the best viewing spots available, and people can crash at my place overnight if needed, assuming you don't mind cats. I can get discounted tickets to the visitor's center if you give me a couple days' notice, and given that I worked there over the summer I know it well enough to be able to give a decent tour.

There's a planetarium in Cocoa, too, if you want something of an astronomy angle. Haven't been there in a couple years though.

Sorry if this post got a little inflated. Just keep in mind that I'm trying to help. :)

-Katie
    Thumper
  22. Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    I didn't know there was a planetarium in Cocoa! Damn. :)

The next 3 scheduled shuttle launch dates are Feb 28th (the week after Mega-Con), April 4th, and May 2nd (the day before Celebration 2).
  23. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Snats! Only day I can maybe go is April 4th. I had to check my schoold schedual.

I may be going to celebrations so my mum and I may be leaving thursday. Plus I can't miss school. And I'm coming from just north of West Palm.

So things look if-y. I really wanna go.
  24. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    Ooooh! I wanna go April 4th! Just a day after my birthday!
  25. SeaTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    HA! I lured you in Thumper!!! It was accually your back yard I was planning on turning into a base camp, and photo area!
    Just kidding.
    I am glad the bbuzz is happening. April is sooooooooooo much better for me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.