main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The future of Jacen Solo

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lady_Traitor, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Traitor

Lady_Traitor Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    Hey guys. I'm a long-time watcher, first-time poster here on theforce.net message boards. As a rabid Jacen Solo fan, I'm curious as to where other sw fans think Jacen is headed, particularly in the Dark Nest series. Will he continue to be as central a character, or will he be put on the back burner for a character like Ben Skywalker? (Personally, I think it'd be cool if Jacen trained Ben.) I can see him being like one of the Old Republic's Jedi--never forming any attachments beyond the family he was born with, always traveling the galaxy. Thoughts?

2. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    I think he's either headed to be the next Sith Lord, a drug smuggler, or the owner of a bagel shop.

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I prefer doughnuts.

4. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Me too, it was just the first thing I thought of.

5. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I think Jacen will be Luke's Successor when he dies in another 40 years.

6. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I prefer donuts too, but Jacen would probably see donuts as too violent a path and bagles as a more peacful path. Which is funny cause I've never seen bagles eaten without them having to be cut but I've rarely seen folks cut donuts.

7. Vongoid

Vongoid Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2002
    He becomes a dark lord - Darth Wimp

8. Juken_Rukhan

Juken_Rukhan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    I hope he croaks. I cant stand him. If he trains Ben i will be mad. Anakin should have lived, not Jacen.

9. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    He'll live on forever, since the Force won't want him to become one with it.

10. Obiyodawinduvader

Obiyodawinduvader Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    I hope Jacen trains Ben... Luke is waaaaaaay to old

11. Ashandarei

Ashandarei Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    Despite what many people apparently want, he will most likely go on to become one of the most powerful and influential masters of the NJO, considering how his character was developed.

Of course, there is also a real chance he'll fall to the Dark side, because of Vergere's teachings.

12. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    "I hope Jacen trains Ben... Luke is waaaaaaay to old"

Luke's only around fifty-five as of Dark Nest; Obi-Wan trains Luke at fifty-seven, Qui-Gon is sixty in TPM, and Yoda's almost nine hundred in RotJ! Luke's not too old to train his son. I'd much rather see the Grand Master train Ben Skywalker than Jacen.

13. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    As a longtime "watcher" you should know Jacen isn't particularly popular around here. Most of us wish GL hadn't axed Anakin as the hero. EU readers aparently have IQs of 75 or less and can't tell the difference between Anakin Skywalker and Anakin Solo. :rolleyes:

Maybe Jacen will start a GFFA version of Dunkin' Doughnuts... At least it would be a great contribution to galactic society. I miss Dunkin' Doughnuts. :(

14. ryanartis

ryanartis Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    Qui-Gon was not 60 in TPM, he was 60 in the original character design before casting made them change that.

Oh, and I see Jacen as a spiritual force user who is often at odds with the Jedi council that would be led by Jaina Solo.

I'm also praying for Ben Skywalker's death since the creation of that character was the dumbest part of the NJO. I know the force is storng, but I didn't know it could stop menopause....

Oh, and I agree with most of the people on this board in their hatred of Jacen Solo, for much of the same reasons I hate Luke.. but I also think that Anakin had to die just as a sort of reminder that anything could happen in war.

15. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Despite what many people apparently want, he will most likely go on to become one of the most powerful and influential masters of the NJO, considering how his character was developed.

That's what I'm thinking. He'll be developed to be what Anakin was originally suppose to be. *sigh*

[face_plain]

Of course, there is also a real chance he'll fall to the Dark side, because of Vergere's teachings.

I hope so. It'd make him more interesting. The only time I've enjoyed his character was in Traitor.

16. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    As a longtime "watcher" you should know Jacen isn't particularly popular around here. Most of us wish GL hadn't axed Anakin as the hero. EU readers aparently have IQs of 75 or less and can't tell the difference between Anakin Skywalker and Anakin Solo.
    I agree 100%. Anakin owns Jacen.

17. Lady_Traitor

Lady_Traitor Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    I kinda see Jacen as being a Qui-Gon type, not necessarily taking the same view as all the other Jedi. *Sigh* There are far too few of us Jacen fans out there...

I think he is being set up though to take Luke's place. Or Anakin Solo's. Am I the only person who doesn't see Jacen falling to the dark side being a possiblity?

18. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Am I the only person who doesn't see Jacen falling to the dark side being a possiblity?

I doubt he will fall to the dark side. He might even wind up leading the Jedi Order one day. But I still won't like him. Not after what he did at Centerpoint.

19. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I don't think Jacen will fall but, I'm not sure he's gonna be Luke's Successor because the Force could make Luke live a LONG time.

If he did fall it'd be interesting but, I doubt it. I think Jaina would be more likely.

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well....Jaina's fell once already....Jacen has been quasi-dark....so thats ruled out.

I think Jacen will leave the Order and disappear. For originalities sake.

21. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Hooray, another Jacen fan. :D Nice to meet you, Lady_Traitor.

I'm not really sure what the future holds for Jacen, but I don't think he'll be thrown on the back burner. He and Jaina are the future of the Jedi Order. Ben is still too young to take their place, though it might happen one day. I think Jacen will end up wandering around the galaxy for the time being. As much as I'd love to see him end up with Tenel Ka, I don't think that's going to happen. In fact, I'd be surprised if he ends up starting a family at all. As far as leading the Order goes...it could happen. But I'm not sure he'd be the best person for the job.

22. Scoobster

Scoobster Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2002
    darn us eu readers being too stupid to know the difference between anakin skywalker and anakin solo...

:oops:

23. Ashandarei

Ashandarei Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    'Nother Jacen fan here ...

I doubt he'll actually lead the NJO, because A) Luke's gonna be around for a looooong time, and B) he doesn't really seem like a leader type. I don't see him disappearing, though, if only because no author will let him stay gone.

Both twins seem like they're teetering a bit at the edge of the Dark side; I could believe either one of them falling. Jacen's character by itself doesn't seem that way, but after Vergere's teachings he has a few wrong ideas that could lead him down the dark path.

24. Juken_Rukhan

Juken_Rukhan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    I hope he falls. Then at least he will be intresting to read.

25. BIG_BAD_JEDI_MAN

BIG_BAD_JEDI_MAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2002
    Jacen was by far the most interesting Jedi in the entire series. Jaina was boring, Tahiri was annoying, and Anakin was so one-note and dull that his defining character moment was his death. Everyone but the fans seem to realize this as well ;) . So with that in mind, it is almost a guarantee that Jacen will be at the forefront of all the big EU stories. He won't go on to lead the Jedi, because it isn't in his character, but I like to think he'd be more of a moral focal point that the others will look to. And his training Ben eventually would be wicked ;) .

Read the ROTS novelization as well, if you're interested in seeing a possible future for Jacen; he seems to be strikingly familiar to another powerful and popular Jedi...

I can't wait for the spoiler ban to be up so we can open threads on this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.