main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Future of our FanForce ? Please Read!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    For those you you still visiting the board, you're aware of the recent talk about the future of FF's in the area. Well yesterday those who attended the meet decided it would be in the best interest of the Massachusetts FF's to merge the Foxboro and Boston boards into one.

With the support of our RSA (Meriwyn) this process will take place in a couple of stages. The first will be for all who post to do so from now on the Foxboro boards. The Boston page will still be active for at least a couple more weeks. An exact date has not been determined yet. After that, Meri will place the Boston boards on the 'inactive' list and the Foxboro boards will be your only access to all area FanForce talk.

Another change will be the name of the 'new' boards. We will no longer be going by the name 'Boston Rebels'. Instead, the unified board will be known as the 'Massachusetts Imperial Syndicate'. I'll be working on new banner graphics for the site in the near future. As soon as I come up with something that I think works, I'll post it for all to voice their opinions on. With this new name will come, yes, new T-Shirts! I'll be working on some designs with Chris and when we have something we like, we'll share the designs with you all. Aaron (DeathProof) has already done some research into printing and cost, so once we have a new logo, we'll be ready to go so come Super MegaFest time we'll all be sporting some fancy new duds!

Another exciting thing to come of this merger is we will have our own website separate from the FanForce boards. Our resident web guru Matt (mattdamick_is_back) has been working on the site for the Foxboro group and is nearly complete. Some new 'Massachusetts' graphics will be done to replace the 'Foxboro' ones he was planning on using. This site will allow us to not only discuss what we might normally do on these boards, but also allow us to do stuff not allowed by FanForce regulations. One of the biggest things being a 'Classified' section.

As for leadership of the group, right now we are going to go with 'co-CR's' which will be Chris (Elvis-Mohawk) and myself. So if any of you have questions or concerns as we go forward, feel free to contact either one of us. There may be an option at some point where maybe we could have the position(s) be rotating, but that is a topic for another time.

I think that covers it. Everyone at the meet yesterday was was enormously positive about this decision and the possibilities that it gives all of us. We hope that each and every one of you stays with us during this transition and helps us lay the building blocks for a stronger, more active and fun FanForce.

Again, if you have any question, comments, thoughts, ANYTHING, feel free to PM them to either Chris or myself.

Thanks!
    ?Mike

2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Well said! I'm looking forward to the t-shirts, myself. There have been some really imaginative SW related graphics out there, and some really bad ones. I have confidence in you two seeing the art you have in your house.

Two things though...
    1. Chris' name is Mohawk-Elvis, not the other way around.
    2. Helpful to put the link to the Foxboro boards.

3. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Yeah, I guess the link to Foxboro would have helped.:oops:

4. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    About the MySpace pages, will we be doing a new one or will the Foxboro MySpace continue to be used? If we do a new one, I may like to borrow some of the code from Boston's MySpace as a basis for the new one.

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Not really sure about the MySpace page Richie. We didn't address it. I'll talk to Chris about, but my guess is we'll either use the Foxboro one, create a new page or maybe just scrap the MySpace experience all together. By having our own website separate of FF, there may be no need for it anymore.

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    The thread to vote on the new banner design for the Massachusetts FF is now up over on the Foxboro board. Here is the link. Please let us know what you think.

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=27019487&brd=10654&replies=0

And to answer some of your questions. The modify/edit preferences that we have here will be added to the Foxboro/MA boards. As for moving specific threads from here to Foxboro that, unfortunately cannot be done.

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    In case you haven't noticed, this forum has been closed and placed on the 'inactive' list. All posting should now be done in the 'Massachusetts' (old Foxboro) forum. Just follow the link:

http://boards.theforce.net/massachusetts/b10654/p1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.