main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Future of Star Wars on TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I do think that if the PT era is ever revisited again by Disney, a show/story set between episode 1 and 2 would be a good idea. I don't want TCW to be the last of the PT era we ever see again on screen.

whostheBossk and darklordoftech like this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I'd like that, but I think the PT is over for now.

I just hope Disney do not ignore the Old Republic era; so much potential.

3. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I think KOTOR would be a good TV series or miniseries. With a game that gets over 40 hours of game time and thousands of fans, I think they could make a really solid show/cartoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    What about a television series based on the Legacy of the Force books?

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Watch the PT.

6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I meant the books about Jaina and her brother Jacen's eventually downfall....unless PT is something I don't know. Does it mean Prequel trilogy?

7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Just watch the PT. Is there any difference between the two?

8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I edited my post.

I'd like to see something on Leia and Han's children, yes. I just think it would be interesting. But that's just my opinion.

9. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The Prequel trilogy. Episode's 1-3. Jacen is Anakin Skywalker. Tenel Ka for the most part can be seen as Padme, Lumiya is Palpatine. The 2nd Galactic Civil War is practically identical to the Clone Wars.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I can see where your coming from. But they are characters in their own right without being compared to others. But I'm not trying to start an argument either.

Hmm. Well, what about something on Mandalorians then? Maybe on Mirta Gev if we go post-trilogy? Or perhaps something in the old republic era?

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Still way too similar for my tastes. You can interchange them so easily imo. Not even funny. A Mirta Gev story would be nice as long as it isn't anything like Crucible.

12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Right. I understand. I'm still reading the books so, I'll probably feel the same after I finish. :)

I was reading about her on wookiepedia and she seems really interesting. I'm not that far into the legacy of the force books but got a heads up about her on here.

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Where are you in the books? She is one of the best parts of LOTF imo.

14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm only about a chpater and a bit in on the first book. I'm hoping to finish it by tomorrow. I've just been busy lately.

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Oops. I see. I thought you were further in.

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I look thing's up on the wookie sometimes in terms of characters because I don't mind spoilers too much.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If the EU was dead, what's Sienar doing in Rebels?
    Exactly. The Unifying Force Jacen was wonderful. Dark Nest and Legacy of The Force ignored The Unifying Force and replaced Jacen with a character who has Jacen's name but is Anakin in all but name.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    TheSilentInfluence Save yourself. LOTF is a rollercoaster ride of poor plotting, pissing matches between authors, and nonsensical villainy. Not that it'll ever be made a TV series, unless they do Legends specials or something, like how DC animated The Dark Knight Returns.

Canyon D and darklordoftech like this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Todd the Jedi

Thanks for the heads up. I'll read it a but more and see what I think but I'll keep what your saying into consideration. :)

20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would like to see ancient tales of the Jedi and Sith. That in itself being nothing new since many people want Old Republic stuff. But in style I'd like to see something more akin to the microseries, in having larger than life characters (in a series with characters that are already larger than life).

Kind of like if you pick up the Bible and you're reading tales of people being swallowed by whales, talking serpents, global floods, talking burning bushes, a guy that can command the sea to part, a guy that rises from the dead, etc.

Now, I'm not trying to spark a religious debate as to if people believe these stories to be literally true, but I think we can all agree that these tales are really larger than life containing elements that we do not see in the world today. The stories are just these fantastic tales of stuff that allegedly happened in the real world in the past. The ancient past tends to have all kinds of such tales associated with it.

I would actually think it neat to see such a fantastic telling of Star Wars' own past. For instance, in KOTOR 2, at one point Kreia tells the Exile something about how the ancient Sith Lords were lightsaber masters, next to which "modern" (in the context of KOTOR 2) sword masters would be like children with toys by comparison. And honestly, I think even in the context of the old EU, she's full of it and exaggerating the past, but that's the kind of story telling I want to see in Star Wars and that I actually think could be a fresh take and interesting to see.

Kind of like how Filoni has looked at the microseries and specifically at the Battle of Dantooine and thrown out the possibility that perhaps there was a battle on Dantooine, but that the way it is portrayed in the microseries with Mace Windu taking out huge numbers of droids with his bare hands could be a fantastic recount of events from the imagination of the child that witnessed those events, while the reality of the Battle of Dantooine was likely far less impressive.

Take that basic premise and apply it to an ancient period of time. Have a story of Jedi and Sith and all of these Hercules style feats that didn't "really" happen like that, but as a tale handed down through the millennia has taken on a larger than life depiction that "modern" Jedi are inclined to believe as being true.

21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Didn't you guys read the foward by Filoni? The EU is now Legends and everything will be re-written into a cohesive story. Shadows never happened anymore its now another .....whatever. We got a slew of new stories that are going to be the new official version. The reason that Seniar and the Unifying Force will be around is because you guys forgot what they said, the stuff from before cn be used into the neew stuff. Much like TCW that used everything from the EU to make the show better. The EU served the show, and thats what is going to happen. We know of Thrawn but we might see all his qualities in the EU within a new character. Thats just it.

22. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    What if they made a Star Wars anthology T.V series?

-With the animation style of the later seasons of TCW

-Various story arcs/episodes taking place in different eras with various characters

-Show episodes during the TCW with untold stories with familiar and new characters.

-Episodes set before TPM with Qui-gon and Dooku

-Episodes set in The old Republic era

-Episodes set in OT era

-Episodes set between TPM and AOTC

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Be WAY too expensive to animate new assets for every episode. Wouldnt happen

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    SatineNaberrie

I merged your thread with this pre-existing thread on the future if Star Wars TV. That way we don't have separate threads for possible future Star Wars shows, and can just talk about them in a single thread.

Anyway, carry on.

25. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    You could do a post RTJ series with Anakin brought back by the Force to make up and atone for his crimes (he is meant to be Space Jesus after all). Having him going around saving souls and helping people. He wouldn't have any contact with Luke or Leia etc as part of his penance and he could be aided by Force Ghosts Obi-wan and Yoda. For side kicks you can have that girl from Vader down or Ahsoka and Galen back under his tutelage
    He would be helping the little guy not on galactic wide events etc